PDA

View Full Version : What do you want???

SarasotaRepub
01-25-2012, 11:50 PM
What do you want in the next Republican Presidential Candidate???

I want someone who can be a no good bastard when the situation calls for it.

I don't want a fucking weakling that needs to build "consensus" every time he/she needs to take a shit. You're the President, having a good crew is important but YOU have to make the tough calls and in todays world you can't take fucking forever to decide.

I want someone with common sense. If you support the TSA, you have no common sense.

I want someone that supports a strong US military. We need to have the deadliest motherfucking military with the most up to date ways to blow the bad guys to hell. We have 11 Super-Carriers, why not a even dozen??? Or two??

I want someone that supports research, all kinds but the kind that kills our enemies gets bonus points. Medical research # 2.

I want someone that sees the future is out in Space. That means exploration and of course, killer space weapons cause I think the odds of little green men being bent on invasion are pretty good.

I'd like someone that isn't automatically afraid of the phrase ***WORLD DOMINATION*** :vader:

I want someone that doesn't apologize. Right away.

And I want someone that likes dogs. Kats are friggen eeeeevil and not to be trusted. We all know this. :mad:
And that's why I support Ron Paul for President!!!

Ha, Just Kidding! :D

What do you want to see in the next Suprem...I mean President???

Rockntractor
01-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Some one with exactly my political leaning with lots of money and a tear your head off attitude!

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2012, 12:09 AM

I want someone who can be a no good bastard when the situation calls for it.

I don't want a fucking weakling that needs to build "consensus" every time he/she needs to take a shit. You're the President, having a good crew is important but YOU have to make the tough calls and in todays world you can't take fucking forever to decide.

I want someone with common sense. If you support the TSA, you have no common sense.

I want someone that supports a strong US military. We need to have the deadliest motherfucking military with the most up to date ways to blow the bad guys to hell. We have 11 Super-Carriers, why not a even dozen??? Or two??

I want someone that supports research, all kinds but the kind that kills our enemies gets bonus points. Medical research # 2.

I want someone that sees the future is out in Space. That means exploration and of course, killer space weapons cause I think the odds of little green men being bent on invasion are pretty good.

I'd like someone that isn't automatically afraid of the phrase ***WORLD DOMINATION*** :vader:

I want someone that doesn't apologize. Right away.

And I want someone that likes dogs. Kats are friggen eeeeevil and not to be trusted. We all know this. :mad:
And that's why I support Ron Paul for President!!!

Ha, Just Kidding! :D

What do you want to see in the next Suprem...I mean President???

A lot of what you want and that's why you should not be kidding about Ron Paul, my friend. I can assure you that you will get none of the above when America collapses under the weight of its debt, its disregard for the Constitution that is the law of the land, and an obsession with some outdated notion that we can continue to be the protector of a world that either doesn't appreciate it or doesn't deserve it.

Wish lists are an exercise in futility when your bank account is overdrawn. That is the Paulian message that, sooner or later, everyone is going to get because it's true.

SaintLouieWoman
01-26-2012, 12:27 AM
A lot of what you want and that's why you should not be kidding about Ron Paul, my friend. I can assure you that you will get none of the above when America collapses under the weight of its debt, its disregard for the Constitution that is the law of the land, and an obsession with some outdated notion that we can continue to be the protector of a world that either doesn't appreciate it or doesn't deserve it.

Wish lists are an exercise in futility when your bank account is overdrawn. That is the Paulian message that, sooner or later, everyone is going to get because it's true.

I've been guilty of calling him Dr Nutz, but listening to his economic ideas, he's not all that nuts. I still think that he's all wrong with much of his foreign policy. If Newt wins, I hope that he has the good sense to get Ron Paul into some sort of position serving as an adviser or cabinet member dealing with getting our country out of debt.

I worked with enough pretty boys like Romney to NOT want someone like that. I'll have to think about SR's list, as I think he's on the right track of getting us to say what we actually want, instead of the negative laundry list of what we don't want.

Rockntractor
01-26-2012, 12:28 AM

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/imagesqtbnANd9GcT-Wb9V0-nj4lt5tL5fOzt_TGYi9s_X32VKw8qX7_BFbgNMOfgduwt1.jpg

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2012, 12:36 AM
I've been guilty of calling him Dr Nutz, but listening to his economic ideas, he's not all that nuts. I still think that he's all wrong with much of his foreign policy. If Newt wins, I hope that he has the good sense to get Ron Paul into some sort of position serving as an adviser or cabinet member dealing with getting our country out of debt.

That would be smart move on Newt's part, but: a) As smart as Newt might be, he's not that smart, and b) I doubt that Paul would buy into it since he knows that such an effort within the establishment would amount to a piss hole in the snow.

I hate to say it, but save some dark horse entering the GOP fray, Paul is the ONLY candidate that will bring about the change that might avert a disaster for this country. I can understand worries about the foreign policy thing because I share it, but without a sound America at home, then foreign policy is academic at the end of the day, is it not? That, in essence, is the Paul doctrine and one I support more than more of the same.

SaintLouieWoman
01-26-2012, 12:43 AM
That would be smart move on Newt's part, but: a) As smart as Newt might be, he's not that smart, and b) I doubt that Paul would buy into it since he knows that such an effort within the establishment would amount to a piss hole in the snow.

I hate to say it, but save some dark horse entering the GOP fray, Paul is the ONLY candidate that will bring about the change that might avert a disaster for this country. I can understand worries about the foreign policy thing because I share it, but without a sound America at home, then foreign policy is academic at the end of the day, is it not? That, in essence, is the Paul doctrine and one I support more than more of the same.

Romney will not bring about any change, but then Obama promised all sorts of change. He brought change, just not anything good for our country.

We'd have a better chance with Newt than with Romney. I think Santorum is a good man, but SR says that he would be perceived as weak by our enemies. I think SR has trouble getting beyond those sweater vests. :D

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2012, 12:52 AM
I think SR has trouble getting beyond those sweater vests. :D

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, seriously! What are those about?

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2012, 12:58 AM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I want a fucking flying car dammit!

Rockntractor
01-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I want a fucking flying car dammit!

Great, overhead monkey throwing poop!:rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2012, 01:30 AM
Great, overhead monkey throwing poop!:rolleyes:

At least I wouldn't get flat tires. :p

Rockntractor
01-26-2012, 01:39 AM
At least I wouldn't get flat tires. :p

What are you going to land with, pontoons?:confused:

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2012, 01:41 AM
What are you going to land with, pontoons?:confused:

When did you stop watching TV and movies, 1957?

Rockntractor
01-26-2012, 02:32 AM
When did you stop watching TV and movies, 1957?

I watched two Charlie Chaplain movies last week.:confused:

NJCardFan
01-26-2012, 03:08 AM
I want someone with this man's balls:
http://reagan2020.us/images/reagan_pencil.gif

txradioguy
01-26-2012, 03:30 AM
A lot of what you want and that's why you should not be kidding about Ron Paul, my friend.

Except that Dr. Nuts would:

NOT support a strong military.

Dr. Nuts:

IS afraid of the words "WORLD DOMINATION"...we're a super power for a reason...the term was coined because of us. Why be afraid of embracing our position?

Dr Nuts would:

Apologize at the drop of a hat to any 3rd world thug that gets their feelings hurt by what we do.

If we want that...we might as well keep O-blah in office four more years.

linda22003
01-26-2012, 10:51 AM
If Newt wins, I hope that he has the good sense to get Ron Paul into some sort of position serving as an adviser or cabinet member dealing with getting our country out of debt.

Maybe he could give Dr. Paul Ben Bernanke's job. :idea:

DumbAss Tanker
01-26-2012, 11:05 AM

I'm totally with ya all the way up to the Ron Paul part.

:D

I'd probably put 'Space' above 'Medical.'

I think Government does have a big role to play in supporting basic research in the sciences. It's the kind of thing that is very expensive and doesn't have an ROI cycle that would protect a private sector enterprise from being raided by takeover or shareholder lawsuit (By an organization like Bain, for instance) for investing the time and resources it takes. This does NOT mean trying to make uncompetitive tech companies or industries artificially live when they are not viable, like the solar power money-hole Obama supports, it means turning over the basic science to them and letting them sink or swim with it.

I would also like to have someone that recognizes there is a Constitution which limits his power and that of Congress, respects ALL the Bill of Rights, and does not think being President is the same thing as being an autocratic CEO, matters on which I have grave reservations about Romney.

SaintLouieWoman
01-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Maybe he could give Dr. Paul Ben Bernanke's job. :idea:
He'd do better than Bernanke----like maybe drastically limiting the power of the Fed Reserve.

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Except that Dr. Nuts would:

NOT support a strong military.

Dr. Nuts:

IS afraid of the words "WORLD DOMINATION"...we're a super power for a reason...the term was coined because of us. Why be afraid of embracing our position?

Just for the record, I personally don't believe that "world domination" should be the goal of a superpower nor its military forces. Last I knew, that ignoble goal was the objective of our enemies.

AmPat
01-26-2012, 01:39 PM
I want a principled Conservative president who doesn't consult the polls to decide how his policies will be perceived.

This mythical Conservative needs to have a firm understanding of the Constitution of the US,
that it was written to LIMIT the power of government,
that we have a FEDERAL government and not a NATIONAL government,
that the government and its limits have been exceeded and needs to be drastically reduced immediately.

He needs a principled, Conservative Senate and House that also understand the Constitution and act without regard to re-election and popularity.

I want this to continue until the stupid voting block that is the liberal left in this country no longer sway the masses with their diseased philosophy that is destroying this country. I want the majority of adults (Conservatives) that we elect to reverse the last 100 years of Progressive and unconstitutional policies and massive bureaucracies that are bankrupting the country.

I want this Conservative majority to dismantle immediately the Dept of Energy, Dept of Education, and the EPA. I want them to review, combine, eliminate, and streamline redundant agencies. I want them to eliminate ANY agency in the Federal government that should rightfully belong in the individual states.

I promise, if elected, to target every one of these goals within the first 100 days of a President AmPat Administration.

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Gee, that sounds just like...oh, never mind.

Arroyo_Doble
01-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Gee, that sounds just like...oh, never mind.

The difference is, the good doctor actually means it.

SarasotaRepub
01-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Just for the record, I personally don't believe that "world domination" should be the goal of a superpower nor its military forces. Last I knew, that ignoble goal was the objective of our enemies.

You are such a killjoy. :mad::mad:

txradioguy
01-26-2012, 02:06 PM
The difference is, the good doctor actually means it.

:rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2012, 02:48 PM
You are such a killjoy. :mad::mad:

Sorry, being right all of the time is my cross to bear. :D

Lanie
01-26-2012, 02:48 PM
The first thing I want is a pony. :)

Next, I want a President who is willing to stand up against Obamacare/mandated healthcare and not "compromise" to make it less painful for Republicans and moderate Democrats. Just get rid of Obamacare all together.

I want a President who is not afraid to stand up to Iran. That doesn't mean going to war with them, but it does mean standing up to them if necessary.

I want a President who will privately army Iranian citizens if they want to rebell again.

I want a President who will stand by Israel.

I want a President who will balance the budget WITHOUT the poor, disabled, and elderly getting the complete short end of the stick. I understand that pork might need to be cut from some of these programs, but no talk about eliminating programs.

I want a President who thinks that the Taliban is our enemy and who got a Vice President who thinks the same thing.

I want a President who can present some real healthcare reform options.

I almost forgot. I WANT A PONY!!!

Zathras
01-26-2012, 03:43 PM
The first thing I want is a pony. :)

Well, if The Obumbler gets re-elected the only pony you'll get is one of these, if not all four....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIY41LrvMFQ

linda22003
01-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Remember what Reagan said about finding a pony.....

Rockntractor
01-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Come to think of it I got the pony and Obama was president.:confused:

Bailey
01-26-2012, 06:31 PM
If i said what i wanted I would prolly get a visit from the SS :(

SarasotaRepub
01-26-2012, 06:50 PM
If i said what i wanted I would prolly get a visit from the SS :(

Be nice!!!:mad::p

JB
01-26-2012, 07:26 PM
A lot of what you want and that's why you should not be kidding about Ron Paul <snip>Ape, you can't be for Paul around here. It makes you a kook and a nutjob. Now stop having your own reasoned opinions about such things. What the heck is wrong with you?

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Ape, you can't be for Paul around here. It makes you a kook and a nutjob. Now stop having your own reasoned opinions about such things. What the heck is wrong with you?

Paul was not my first choice. My first choice got lynched by the state-run media. Paul is, however, my second choice given the choices I have left.

Rockntractor
01-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Paul was not my first choice. My first choice got lynched by the state-run media. Paul is, however, my second choice given the choices I have left.

What about "whats his name" Sanitarium?:confused:

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2012, 10:41 PM
What about "whats his name" Sanitarium?:confused:

Please. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
01-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Please. :rolleyes:

He is better than Doc Fossil!:rolleyes:

Odysseus
01-26-2012, 10:51 PM
I can see Paul taking the Secretary of the Treasury position. For one thing, he'd be able to finally order an audit of the Federal Reserve. In fact, if I were Newt, Paul would be on my short list for SECTREAS.

The one reason that I would support Paul over Obama is that if he gets his way, we'll be able to afford a military after his term of office is done, but I don't think for a minute that he understands the global threats that we face.

I want someone with this man's balls:
http://reagan2020.us/images/reagan_pencil.gif
You want a kinky grave robber? :D

It is. And we have to be able to defeat them. That means the we have to be, not equal to our enemies, but superior. Global domination doesn't mean that we would have an empire, it means that we would have the capacity to defeat one.

Rockntractor
01-26-2012, 10:54 PM
It's too bad Larry the cable guy isn't running!:(

Articulate_Ape
01-26-2012, 11:16 PM
I can see Paul taking the Secretary of the Treasury position. For one thing, he'd be able to finally order an audit of the Federal Reserve. In fact, if I were Newt, Paul would be on my short list for SECTREAS.

Agreed.

The one reason that I would support Paul over Obama is that if he gets his way, we'll be able to afford a military after his term of office is done, but I don't think for a minute that he understands the global threats that we face.

Agreed again. This describes my rationale perfectly.

It is. And we have to be able to defeat them. That means the we have to be, not equal to our enemies, but superior. Global domination doesn't mean that we would have an empire, it means that we would have the capacity to defeat one.

I agree with maintaining a position of superiority, but that is the term that should be used because "domination" has a very different meaning, especially in the context of world history.

SarasotaRepub
01-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Agreed.

Agreed again. This describes my rationale perfectly.

I agree with maintaining a position of superiority, but that is the term that should be used because "domination" has a very different meaning, especially in the context of world history.

SLW and I both think Paul would be a greyt SECTRES too, he just needs to be aimed in that direction. I can't support him for POTUS, he'd do too much damage before he'd realize it.

And WORLD DOMINATION is a good thingy!!!!:mad::D;)