PDA

View Full Version : Cannibals in GOP Establishment Employ Tactics of the Left

Janice
01-28-2012, 12:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HiO5g.jpg

Cannibals in GOP Establishment Employ Tactics of the Left (http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150516734848435)

We have witnessed something very disturbing this week. The Republican establishment which fought Ronald Reagan in the 1970s and which continues to fight the grassroots Tea Party movement today has adopted the tactics of the left in using the media and the politics of personal destruction to attack an opponent.

We will look back on this week and realize that something changed. I have given numerous interviews wherein I espoused the benefits of thorough vetting during aggressive contested primary elections, but this week’s tactics aren’t what I meant. Those who claim allegiance to Ronald Reagan’s 11th Commandment should stop and think about where we are today. Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater, the fathers of the modern conservative movement, would be ashamed of us in this primary. Let me make clear that I have no problem with the routine rough and tumble of a heated campaign. As I said at the first Tea Party convention two years ago, I am in favor of contested primaries and healthy, pointed debate. They help focus candidates and the electorate. I have fought in tough and heated contested primaries myself. But what we have seen in Florida this week is beyond the pale. It was unprecedented in GOP primaries. I’ve seen it before – heck, I lived it before – but not in a GOP primary race.

I am sadly too familiar with these tactics because they were used against the GOP ticket in 2008. The left seeks to single someone out and destroy his or her record and reputation and family using the media as a channel to dump handpicked and half-baked campaign opposition research on the public. The difference in 2008 was that I was largely unknown to the American public, so they had no way of differentiating between the lies and the truth. All of it came at them at once as “facts” about me. But Newt Gingrich is known to us – both the good and the bad.

We know that Newt fought in the trenches during the Reagan Revolution. As Rush Limbaugh pointed out, Newt was among a handful of Republican Congressman who would regularly take to the House floor to defend Reagan at a time when conservatives didn’t have Fox News or talk radio or conservative blogs to give any balance to the liberal mainstream media. Newt actually came at Reagan’s administration “from the right” to remind Americans that freer markets and tougher national defense would win our future. But this week a few handpicked and selectively edited comments which Newt made during his 40-year career were used to claim that Newt was somehow anti-Reagan and isn’t conservative enough to go against the accepted moderate in the primary race. (I know, it makes no sense, and the GOP establishment hopes you won’t stop and think about this nonsense. Mark Levin and others have shown the ridiculousness of this.) To add insult to injury, this “anti-Reagan” claim was made by a candidate who admitted to not even supporting or voting for Reagan. He actually was against the Reagan movement, donated to liberal candidates, and said he didn’t want to go back to the Reagan days.

>>>

As I said in my speech in Iowa last September, the challenge of this election is not simply to replace President Obama. The real challenge is who and what we will replace him with. It’s not enough to just change up the uniform. If we don’t change the team and the game plan, we won’t save our country. We truly need sudden and relentless reform in Washington to defend our republic, though it’s becoming clearer that the old guard wants anything but that. That is why we should all be concerned by the tactics employed by the establishment this week. We will not save our country by becoming like the left. And I question whether the GOP establishment would ever employ the same harsh tactics they used on Newt against Obama. I didn’t see it in 2008. Many of these same characters sat on their thumbs in ‘08 and let Obama escape unvetted. Oddly, they’re now using every available microscope and endoscope – along with rewriting history – in attempts to character assassinate anyone challenging their chosen one in their own party’s primary. So, one must ask, who are they really running against?

- Sarah Palin

---------------------------------------------

As Ive noted here in the past, the GOP elites fear conservatives almost as much as the dems do. Hence the Romney machine.

Articulate_Ape
01-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Don't worry, the establishment will win because the establishment can't fathom incremental change. The establishment has sacred cows, it has boat payments due, it has standing tables at the best Washington DC restaurants. It panders to those without reservations; those who pay homage to their own sacred cows, believing their noble cause can survive the crucible of economy and history.

We don't create change within this dynamic unless we are willing to figuratively slaughter a few revered cows and make, not a right hand turn, but a U-Turn to a time when our American homeland came first.

First pants, then shoes. Duh?

fettpett
01-28-2012, 02:48 AM
read it earlier, good read and spot on. Only way the GOP is going to change is to force it to. either by demanding better people to lead, or leave the party.

Chuck58
01-28-2012, 02:58 AM
Don't worry, the establishment will win because the establishment can't fathom incremental change. The establishment has sacred cows, it has boat payments due, it has standing tables at the best Washington DC restaurants. It panders to those without reservations; those who pay homage to their own sacred cows, believing their noble cause can survive the crucible of economy and history.

We don't create change within this dynamic unless we are willing to figuratively slaughter a few revered cows and make, not a right hand turn, but a U-Turn to a time when our American homeland came first.

First pants, then shoes. Duh?

Anybody who challenges Romney is going to be fighting the Romney machine, the Washington elite, the GOP old guard and the media. It doesn't matter who appears. They want Romney and by God, they're intent on force feeding us Romney no matter what.

I've said it repeatedly: There's something very wrong happening this election cycle. Maybe it's paranoia on my part, but I can't shake the distinct feeling that something isn't right.

Retread
01-28-2012, 04:34 PM
I'll repeat my view: The GOP would be better off to return to the smoke-filled back room where deals were cut and candidateds crowned. All they are doing by the current process is giving the left every oppotunity to twist their action, force negative commentary and end up at each others throats.

SaintLouieWoman
01-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Anybody who challenges Romney is going to be fighting the Romney machine, the Washington elite, the GOP old guard and the media. It doesn't matter who appears. They want Romney and by God, they're intent on force feeding us Romney no matter what.

I've said it repeatedly: There's something very wrong happening this election cycle. Maybe it's paranoia on my part, but I can't shake the distinct feeling that something isn't right.
I have that same feeling. I just got the 5th robo call today from the Romney side to 1 from Newt. Can't wait for the Florida primary to be over.

What ticked me off today was the one I just hung up on---from Pam Bondi, our attorney general, calling for Mitt, who else? Hannity was speaking up for Bondi and endorsed her. I'm absolutely sick of those attacking Newt. The more they attack Newt, the more I'm determined to vote for him in the primaries. I HATE BULLIES!!!

Have to confess that I was getting sick of Palin, but her recent words have regained my respect. She's right on in her comments about how the Republicans are acting. They did sit on their hands in the last election. Although I voted for McCain, have to also admit that I had to really hold my nose when voting for that RINO.

Tecate
01-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Have you folks been digging into my tin foil stash while I wasn't looking? :D

Of course it's all staged by the corporate whore presstitute media. Clearly Romney is the choice of the same ultra-rich mega-elite who run Obama so they'll own both horses in the race.

Chuck58
01-28-2012, 05:32 PM
My feeling is, anybody but obama.

However, we didn't have a viable candidate in 2008, and we aren't going to have one this time. The election for POTUS is being/has been taken out of our hands. And not one in ten people seem to see it.

Why even have primaries? They decided months or years ago who the candidate was going to be. The whole thing stinks. It smelled in 2008, and it's worse this time.

And, yes, I'll have to really hold my nose and vote this time.

*edit* No argument Tecate. They're pulling the strings and we're doing the dancing, at least until people wake up or take their heads out of the sand - if they ever do.

Janice
01-28-2012, 06:13 PM
read it earlier, good read and spot on. Only way the GOP is going to change is to force it to. either by demanding better people to lead, or leave the party.

Thats about how I see it too. After Bush was elected I changed my affiliation from Republican to Independent. But Im still conservative. I was once a dem, I didnt leave them, they left me. Same thing with the Repubs. I voted for Steve Forbes but I guess he wasnt "pretty enough" so we ended up with Bush. I helped Bush and repubs get re-elected with about $30,000 in contributions. (because AlBore was the alternate) And what did I get? "Compassionate Conservative" dog squeeze. And another entitlement system. And constantly needing to defend Bush because he wouldnt defend himself. Then, as if we hadnt been slapped hard enough we got McCain.

Thats why I try to explain and encourage everyone within my sphere of influence to throw out all the Repuke leadership along with the Rats. The rank and file republicans are great. They are fine... but the leadership ... MUST BE SHOWN THE DOOR!

They hated Reagan and it still shows today. All my donations are now given on a case by case basis. If the R leadership wants to take my money and then give me the middle finger ... well... lets just say that dog wont hunt no more. Honestly I just dont know what else to do. Just keep fighting the conservative fight. If we get stuck with Milktoast Romney then I am going to try and encourage the House and the Senate to force him to shitcan 0bamacare. Otherwise you just KNOW he wont do it. And that is the number one threat to our basic liberties in this country right now. That and spending of course.

If you think the Milkman is a bit too "moderate" now, just wait till the general election when he moves even more to the left to get to the "middle". You aint seen nothin yet. Many of us are goin to have to hold our noses, just so we dont puke.

Chuck58
01-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Thats about how I see it too. After Bush was elected I changed my affiliation from Republican to Independent. But Im still conservative. I was once a dem, I didnt leave them, they left me. Same thing with the Repubs. I voted for Steve Forbes but I guess he wasnt "pretty enough" so we ended up with Bush. I helped Bush and repubs get re-elected with about $30,000 in contributions. (because AlBore was the alternate) And what did I get? "Compassionate Conservative" dog squeeze. And another entitlement system. And constantly needing to defend Bush because he wouldnt defend himself. Then, as if we hadnt been slapped hard enough we got McCain.

Thats why I try to explain and encourage everyone within my sphere of influence to throw out all the Repuke leadership along with the Rats. The rank and file republicans are great. They are fine... but the leadership ... MUST BE SHOWN THE DOOR!

They hated Reagan and it still shows today. All my donations are now given on a case by case basis. If the R leadership wants to take my money and then give me the middle finger ... well... lets just say that dog wont hunt no more. Honestly I just dont know what else to do. Just keep fighting the conservative fight. If we get stuck with Milktoast Romney then I am going to try and encourage the House and the Senate to force him to shitcan 0bamacare. Otherwise you just KNOW he wont do it. And that is the number one threat to our basic liberties in this country right now. That and spending of course.

If you think the Milkman is a bit too "moderate" now, just wait till the general election when he moves even more to the left to get to the "middle". You aint seen nothin yet. Many of us are goin to have to hold our noses, just so we dont puke.

Why hasn't it been defunded? Unless I misunderstood, some months ago the House decided NOT to defund it. We have the House, and my understanding was that in the last election one of the first things would be to defund obamacare. So, why did Boehner et al decide not to? I never did hear a satisfactory reason. The longer obamacare is allowed to live, the more difficult it will be to eliminate - without replacing it with some other BS idea that we don't want.

Janice
01-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Why hasn't it been defunded? Unless I misunderstood, some months ago the House decided NOT to defund it. We have the House, and my understanding was that in the last election one of the first things would be to defund obamacare. So, why did Boehner et al decide not to? I never did hear a satisfactory reason. The longer obamacare is allowed to live, the more difficult it will be to eliminate - without replacing it with some other BS idea that we don't want.

Boehner like Romney like the rest of the R leadership just dont wanna make waves. Unless we force them.

Ever notice that? Weve got the biggest lot of appeasers (R's) who would rather not "rock the boat" than fight. If there was a World Wide Title for being able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory -- the GOP elites would hold that crown or belt or whatever like nobody else.

Unless they had the House AND the Senate AND the Executive branch. And a bunch of us "fly over country" types marching on Washington with pitchforks and plow shears. And maybe some tar and feathers too.

They just dont see the country in peril as we do. They have been there (in Washington, on Crapital Hill) waaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. The tree of liberty must be watered every now and then .. but these lazy, too smart by half POS RINO's think they can just pee on it ... and on us.

Chuck58
01-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Boehner like Romney like the rest of the R leadership just dont wanna make waves. Unless we force them.

Ever notice that? Weve got the biggest lot of appeasers (R's) who would rather not "rock the boat" than fight. If there was a World Wide Title for being able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory -- the GOP elites would hold that crown or belt or whatever like nobody else.

Unless they had the House AND the Senate AND the Executive branch. And a bunch of us "fly over country" types marching on Washington with pitchforks and plow shears. And maybe some tar and feathers too.

They just dont see the country in peril as we do. They have been there (in Washington, on Crapital Hill) waaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. The tree of liberty must be watered every now and then .. but these lazy, too smart by half POS RINO's think they can just pee on it ... and on us.

Exactly!! I've been saying it for years, D=R=D=R

They're different sides of the same coin. McCain is backing Romney, and showing more fire than he ever did in 2008 against obama. Him endorsing Romney is enough reason for me to look for someone else.

We're in trouble this year. speaking of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. There's a very real possibility that the weakest president since Carter might just win in November.

Janice
01-28-2012, 11:49 PM
We're in trouble this year. speaking of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. There's a very real possibility that the weakest president since Carter might just win in November.

Thats why whoever gets the R nomination must get our votes. Its a sorry state of affairs but "anybody but 0bama" must have sway in the final analysis. And hopefully we will win the Senate too so that we can push Mr Milktoast to the right.

Chuck58
01-29-2012, 12:10 AM
Thats why whoever gets the R nomination must get our votes. Its a sorry state of affairs but "anybody but 0bama" must have sway in the final analysis. And hopefully we will win the Senate too so that we can push Mr Milktoast to the right.

Yes, and I'll vote for the R, and hold my nose again. Sure getting tired of having to, though. This time it'll be because I see Romney who, unfortunately, will probably be the nominee as slightly, by a tiny bit, better than the creature now in office.

obama will go down in history as the worst president in US history, which is bound to make Jimmy Carter happy.

SaintLouieWoman
01-29-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm disgusted with the Republicans, they've lost their fire since the 2010 election. What's going on with the tea party folks who were sent to Congress in 2010? I think it's time that the conservatives unite behind someone other than Romney and not settle for holding our collective noses.

I had an ex-relative who was a pol. He was forced out by term limits a while ago, but would have been a tea party type. I attended enough political functions to see how the country club Republicans looked down at the rank and file Republicans, but sure it's the same with the Dems. Both parties have their peons who do the work for them and then there are the elite (power wise).

Janice
01-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Yup. Its the leadership of both sides that need to go. Unfortunately the average american voters attention span isnt quite up to the task. And dont expect any help from the media.

Americans have got to be some of the most happily uninformed and unengaged voters in the world. After 200+ years they just take it for granted now.

Theyve got better things to do ...

Chuck58
01-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Yup. Its the leadership of both sides that need to go. Unfortunately the average american voters attention span isnt quite up to the task. And dont expect any help from the media.

Americans have got to be some of the most happily uninformed and unengaged voters in the world. After 200+ years they just take it for granted now.

Theyve got better things to do ...

And that's why we end up with people like mccain, obama, romney and the rest. If the people who voted in obama in 2008 had done even a couple of hours of research, they'd have discovered that the guy has no track record. He almost doesn't exist prior to appearing in the senate.

If they spent as much time researching the candidates as they do watching their insipid reality shows on TV, obama wouldn't be sitting in the WH, Romney would be back in Massachusetts and quite a few members of Congress would be in the unemployment lines.

Janice
01-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Thats what "bread and circuses" are all about.

Janice
01-30-2012, 08:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUgscE3UVIc

Sarah Palin: "Vote for Newt. Annoy a liberal. Vote Newt. Keep this process going."

fettpett
01-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Sadly, Newt hasn't been much better over the course of his career

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWPz1Qdq1uI

SaintLouieWoman
01-30-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm at the point I won't even look at any Romney attack thing. He must have saved one of his worst for the last 2 days. Today there's something from a newscast from years ago, with the much younger anchor talking about the ethics violations that had just been brought against Newt (no matter that he was cleared of them). To someone who doesn't follow politics and is unobservant, you'd think that it was current. It's not til the end that there's a little, very little banner under the pic that says "paid for by Mitt Romney" and the pic of Romney with his 'I'm Mitt Romney and I approve of this."

It's an all time low. I hope Romney loses big. Talk about violating Reagan's law of not speaking ill of a fellow Republican. At least he's not hiding behind his PAC now. To put his name on this monstrosity is absolutely stupid.