PDA

View Full Version : Would the nation be better off if the south would go away?

Sparky
01-29-2012, 12:34 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002235609

Would you personally prefer it if the south would just quietly go away?

Words fail in the face of such idiocy.:eek:

Novaheart
01-29-2012, 01:16 AM
It's funny how close they often come to recognizing the real problem, but it simply slips away from them, because it's in conflict with their philosophy. Same thing happens here, but not on the same scale.

Naturally, I am the only island of sanity and objectivity in this entire mess.

noonwitch
01-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Our national cuisine would suffer too much if the South went away.

BadCat
01-30-2012, 04:18 PM
The South already tried that once.

A lot of us "down here" would like to see them try once more.

JB
01-30-2012, 07:33 PM
No South, No Jimmy, No Bubba.

Dan D. Doty
01-31-2012, 01:56 AM
What if instead we give the Moonbats the Mid-Atlantic States ( New York, New Jersy, Pennsylvania) so they could put all their theories to the test.

obx
01-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Given the idiot at 1600 Penn. Ave, some of us would love to go away.

Novaheart
01-31-2012, 12:55 PM
The South already tried that once.

A lot of us "down here" would like to see them try once more.

I don't know about that. Sure it's exciting, but let's see how it works with Texas and Arizona first. Florida might have to wage war on Georgia if Georgia no longer had to answer to federal courts.

Starbuck
01-31-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't know about that. Sure it's exciting, but let's see how it works with Texas and Arizona first. Florida might have to wage war on Georgia if Georgia no longer had to answer to federal courts.
Not so far fetched.

The original Georgia charter served the worthwhile purpose of insulating the treasured South Carolina from the dastardly Spaniards in Florida. For that reason Catholics were not allowed in Georgia, and for a perfectly good, albeit unrelated, reason lawyers were not allowed in Georgia either.

Ah, for the good ol' days!:D

BadCat
01-31-2012, 01:46 PM

Who would Florida use for troops? The 1st Geriatric Brigade? The 22nd Cubanos?

Adam Wood
01-31-2012, 02:14 PM
Who would Florida use for troops? The 1st Geriatric Brigade? The 22nd Cubanos?Well, they do manage to have NAS P'cola and NAS JAX, as well as CENTCOM, so they aren't entirely sort of firepower. However, the Gators' offensive line probably isn't much of a threat at this moment. :D