PDA

View Full Version : A letter to Mitt from a Florida voter

SaintLouieWoman
01-29-2012, 07:57 PM
We're laughing with a friend of ours who sent this (or at least tried to contact them) to Mitt Romney's campaign. Like us, she's getting so sick of all the calls. It's unbelievable the money Romney is spending here. As soon as I'm finished with this post, I'm also sending him a cease and desist notice. I'm starting to despise Mitt Romney. He's a pest and arrogant---thinks he can buy his way in.

This is real, she copied me in on her message.

Sorry Mitt, but I am not voting for you because my phone has been ringing for days with solicitation calls from you. Stop wasting millions of dollars that can be better spent helping people in Fl. who can barely put food on the table for their kids. You are overdoing the calls and the scathing tv ads. I kind of liked you until all this started and I realized that you think you can bulldoze your way to the White House.

You are causing people to develop a negative impression toward your campaign. It is a turn off to both myself, my family and my friends. How do you think we feel when the phone rings 6 or 7 times a day, we pick up, say Hello, and its you AGAIN!!! Please take us off your call lists and give us a break. If this goes on until next Nov. I will have to unplug the phone and believe me, that will make me a very unhappy voter. Thank you, _______ (de;eted her name).

SarasotaRepub
01-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Yep, Mitt calls are getting annoying.:rolleyes:

Novaheart
01-30-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm not getting any robo calls or political calls at all. Maybe you guys have a more upscale zip code than I do.

Hawkgirl
01-30-2012, 01:40 AM
I get AT LEAST two calls a day from him. I'm over it as well.

Odysseus
01-30-2012, 09:57 AM
I get AT LEAST two calls a day from him. I'm over it as well.

Just tell him that you're not that into him. :D

Arroyo_Doble
01-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Just wait until the general election.

Odysseus
01-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Just wait until the general election.

Yeah, Obama's billion dollar war chest will buy a lot of those robo calls.

Arroyo_Doble
01-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah, Obama's billion dollar war chest will buy a lot of those robo calls.

I doubt he will concede Florida. Nor will Romney.

SarasotaRepub
01-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Just got another Mitt Robo call...click. :D

fettpett
01-30-2012, 11:46 AM
here in MI, I was getting a lot of Newt robo calls just before Christmas, getting quite annoying...now I'm almost afraid of what Mitt will do here where he's already got a big name recognition from when his daddy was Gov.

Thank God I don't have tv right now

SaintLouieWoman
01-30-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm not getting any robo calls or political calls at all. Maybe you guys have a more upscale zip code than I do.
I think the criteria is being a registered Republican. If you're not, doubt if you'll get the calls. I don't think it has anything to do with the zip and ours isn't that upscale.

Novaheart
01-30-2012, 12:51 PM
I think the criteria is being a registered Republican. If you're not, doubt if you'll get the calls. I don't think it has anything to do with the zip and ours isn't that upscale.

I changed my registration to Democrat a few years ago so I could vote in the primary (same reason I had changed it to Republican previously) but I have not to my knowledge associated a phone number with the registration. They must have some good dataminers.

SaintLouieWoman
01-30-2012, 12:59 PM
I changed my registration to Democrat a few years ago so I could vote in the primary (same reason I had changed it to Republican previously) but I have not to my knowledge associated a phone number with the registration. They must have some good dataminers.
Not sure how they do it with the robo calls, but have worked on a phone bank for W and they had list after list, sorted into various categories, to give to the volunteers making the calls. The robo calls might be more efficient, but feel that they are more annoying. At least you can talk back to a volunteer and request to be removed from the call list.

SarasotaRepub
01-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Another Mitt call. :rolleyes:

Arroyo_Doble
01-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Another Mitt call. :rolleyes:

The next time you get a Mitt call, promise to vote for him if they will agree to take your name off the list.

SarasotaRepub
01-30-2012, 03:16 PM
The next time you get a Mitt call, promise to vote for him if they will agree to take your name off the list.

No can do!!! It's the attack of the MittBots!!!!:OhNoes:

Odysseus
01-30-2012, 03:26 PM

Several years ago, I was on the phone list for a telemarketing outfit that sold timeshare vacation homes. They'd call every night, sometimes several times, and no request or threat could get me off of their list. Eventually, I got so fed up that I spent an afternoon researching timeshares and identified all of the fallacies in the model, then I signed up for their next sales pitch, the one that promised a free gift if you showed up and sat through it. When the day arrived, I showed up with every bit of dirt that I could dig up on the company, as well as all of the counter arguments against timeshares, and sat there destroying their sales presentation. By the end of the day, they hadn't sold a thing, and the reps were pissed. Finally, the manager asked me why I was there if I thought that timeshares were such a bad idea, and I explained that since they wanted me there so much that they refused to take me off of their call list, they obviously wanted my input, and as long as I kept getting the calls, they'd keep getting my presence. He took down my contact information and assured me that they'd never bother me again, and they never did.

I even got the free gift.

Arroyo_Doble
01-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Several years ago, I was on the phone list for a telemarketing outfit that sold timeshare vacation homes. They'd call every night, sometimes several times, and no request or threat could get me off of their list. Eventually, I got so fed up that I spent an afternoon researching timeshares and identified all of the fallacies in the model, then I signed up for their next sales pitch, the one that promised a free gift if you showed up and sat through it. When the day arrived, I showed up with every bit of dirt that I could dig up on the company, as well as all of the counter arguments against timeshares, and sat there destroying their sales presentation. By the end of the day, they hadn't sold a thing, and the reps were pissed. Finally, the manager asked me why I was there if I thought that timeshares were such a bad idea, and I explained that since they wanted me there so much that they refused to take me off of their call list, they obviously wanted my input, and as long as I kept getting the calls, they'd keep getting my presence. He took down my contact information and assured me that they'd never bother me again, and they never did.

I like that story.

SarasotaRepub
01-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Well done! :D

Odysseus
01-30-2012, 04:20 PM
I like that story.

Well done! :D

Thanks. It was when Mrs. O and I were dating, and she went with me. She had an idea ofwhat I was planning to do, but she's very civil in that British sort of way, and thought that I would be content to just skewer a few points and move on. She didn't expect me to heckle the sales reps throughout the day and was mortified, but not enough to keep her from marrying me. :D

SarasotaRepub
01-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Another Mitt call. This time with a invite to a party up in Tampa. :rolleyes::D

Odysseus
01-30-2012, 04:50 PM

There's your invite. Just do as much research as you can on his record and go in there loaded for RINO. :D

fettpett
01-30-2012, 06:39 PM
There's your invite. Just do as much research as you can on his record and go in there loaded for RINO. :D

All he has to do is go there and start talking about how Mitt never supported Reagan, but instead supported Carter, Mondale, and Tsong (sp).....that'll piss the crowd off

Hawkgirl
01-30-2012, 08:47 PM

:(I didn't get invited to the partay!:(

:D

SaintLouieWoman
01-30-2012, 10:15 PM

Was the free gift any good? :D

SaintLouieWoman
01-30-2012, 10:16 PM
:(I didn't get invited to the partay!:(

:D

Mitt's organization might not be all that organized. SR donated a bit toward Gingrich, and I donated even a lesser amount to Santorum. Nothing for Mitt and he's the one inviting to the party! :rolleyes::D

MountainMan
01-31-2012, 12:03 AM
So a letter to Mitt castigates Mitt Romney for spending money on an election when he should instead break the law and spend it on feeding the homeless....

Hmmm, sounds like a liberal wrote that letter.

JB
01-31-2012, 06:53 PM
The robo calls <snip>Do you have caller ID? Are they coming from the same number?

My phone company has a free service that lets you block calls from numbers that you select ---> *60

Even if the calls are coming from a couple different numbers, you can still add as many as you want.

Odysseus
01-31-2012, 08:56 PM
Was the free gift any good? :D

Nah. It was one of those crappy little radios that they promoted as a home entertainment system. I guess if your home is a cardboard box, it might fill it with sound... :rolleyes: