PDA

View Full Version : Fear for my grandchildren ...

ABC
01-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Sorry if this has been covered in here, I really don't check on everything.

Saw this on Drudge this morning re Brits detained by DHS, then deported over TWITTER jokes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2093796/British-tourists-arrested-America-terror-charges-Twitter-jokes.html

Both my grandsons 12, and 16 yrs. old have Facebook accts. and use Twitter.

Should I get upset about this and tell my son and his wife to warn the kids about the words used in their posts , or not?

I must admit to feeling like a fool for even posting this, but it does concern me for their sakes.

~ ABC

ABC
01-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Meant to add ...

Discussed this with my husband this morning, and he thinks I am totally nuts and too easily alarmed.

Then again, I could have told him the blinking house was on fire, and it would not have had much affect on him as he was getting ready to go out to play GOLF!

Am just *interested* in knowing what your opinions are on this matter.

Thanks ~ ABC

Rockntractor
01-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Of course they should be very careful what they post on social websites, this information will never go away and you aren't really anonymous.
If I had to do it again I would not be posting here or any other public forum or social website of any kind.
We don't know who will be in power in a few years or how our histories could be used.

noonwitch
01-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Teenagers should always be careful of what they post on the internet, if for no other reason, than because they are targets for creeps.

As far as this couple is concerned, the crack about digging up Marilyn Monroe should have been the indicator that it was a joke.

ABC
01-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Of course they should be very careful what they post on social websites, this information will never go away and you aren't really anonymous.
If I had to do it again I would not be posting here or any other public forum or social website of any kind.
We don't know who will be in power in a few years or how our histories could be used.

Thanks for your input, Rock.

Is my opinion as well.

'Tis a very sad, but true, commentary on life in this my beloved adopted country!

I pray for the US and our future, this is just too unbelievable for words, having to watch our every step! :mad: :mad: :mad:

~ ABC

ABC
01-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Teenagers should always be careful of what they post on the internet, if for no other reason, than because they are targets for creeps.

Noonwitch ...

They know about being targets for creeps and not letting folks know where they live, but as for anything else, with them, hell's bells ... they just let it all hang out!

I am truly beginning to believe the DHS is downright dangerous, forget all the nonsense at airports ... scanners and hands down your pants stuff ... is what else the are coming up with behind the scenes that has me worried as well.

ABC
01-30-2012, 03:28 PM
As far as this couple is concerned, the crack about digging up Marilyn Monroe should have been the indicator that it was a joke.

Got that right!

What fools! Haven't got time to go back and check, but think the kids said something about watching a US comedy show which mentioned digging up MM or someother celebrity.

Was all in fun!

~ ABC

ABC
01-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks Rock and Noonie ...

Must explain reason for my concern.

Most folks in here as I know, don't have grandchildren, as I do ... and being parents (if you are) you are in control of your own children and their computer, cell phone etc. habits.

Here is my concern.

Both my son and his wife are each too busy doing their own thing to pay much attention to their kids. They both have their own successful businesses. They have no financial problems, the kids have every possible thing they could ever want ... but in my opinion, not enough personal attention.

I hate to interfere in their lives, and believe me I DON'T!

Thank goodness they live in the Dallas area and are miles away from me. :D

Gotta run! ~ ABC