PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NFL Season, Week 2

DarkScribe
09-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Okay, fellow NFL junkies...any predictions/thoughts/musings for Week 2? How will the Patsies do today with Matt Cassel behind center? Will there be more Favre magic? Will Indy and Peyton bounce back after last week? Will any Week 1 losers get their first win today? Or will the losing streak continue?

Let's get it started...

Constitutionally Speaking
09-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Lions will win.

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm for the Jags but dang the Bills look good.

I also have a dilemma because I want to see the Falcoons do well but I like the Bucs a lot. I'll root for the Bucs but that's a tough choice.

And of Course, Go Giants.

Shannon
09-14-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm for the Jags but dang the Bills look good.

I also have a dilemma because I want to see the Falcoons do well but I like the Bucs a lot. I'll root for the Bucs but that's a tough choice.

And of Course, Go Giants.

Shut up.:( This is a thread about REAL football. I'm going to ask Ralph to ban you from these threads.

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Shut up.:( This is a thread about REAL football. I'm going to ask Ralph to ban you from these threads.

Oh, I forgot, it's the World Champion Giants. :p

newshutr
09-14-2008, 01:57 PM
The Fins will win eventually....

When LA gets a team...

DarkScribe
09-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Lions will win.

Seen the score lately? :D

jendf
09-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Seen the score lately? :D

This game wasn't in my area but reading on Yahoo, Jon Kitna threw 2 interceptions within a span of 1 minute. :eek:

jendf
09-14-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm watching the Dolphins/Cardinals game now.

Cold Warrior
09-14-2008, 04:59 PM
I predict that in the Monday Night game, Tottenham will win. :D

Shannon
09-14-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm watching the Dolphins/Cardinals game now.

The Fins really are the worst team ever. I'm not watching football EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

And I hate you !!!!!

Cold Warrior
09-14-2008, 05:26 PM
The Fins really are the worst team ever. I'm not watching football EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

And I hate you !!!!!

Well, you could watch real football; you know, where they use their feet instead of their hands! :D

Shannon
09-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Well, you could watch real football; you know, where they use their feet instead of their hands! :D

I'm ready to kick the shit out of someone. I'd avoid me if I were you.:p (no, really)

Cold Warrior
09-14-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm ready to kick the shit out of someone. I'd avoid me if I were you.:p (no, really)

Hey! It's just me and the cats this week! :mad: :D

JB
09-14-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm watching the Dolphins/Cardinals game now.In a real money survivor league that I am in, I took the Cardinals this week. Looks like it's the easiest play on the board. Go 'Zona.

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2008, 06:56 PM
I predict that in the Monday Night game, Tottenham will win. :D

Who's he play for? :D

Shannon
09-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Thank God for the Bucs.:rolleyes: Why, oh why do I torment myself by watching this sport?

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Thank God for the Bucs.:rolleyes: Why, oh why do I torment myself by watching this sport?

Told ya they'd win. :p

JB
09-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Now that week 2 is winding down all I want to say is:

Dear Lord,

Please make sure the Eagles pound the Cowboys so badly that even their mommas won't recognize them.

Thank you. Your humble servant,

JB

jendf
09-14-2008, 10:17 PM
In a real money survivor league that I am in, I took the Cardinals this week. Looks like it's the easiest play on the board. Go 'Zona.

Good job. Now you can take me out and buy me dinner. Steak is always nice.

jendf
09-14-2008, 10:18 PM

And I hate you !!!!!

I'm not a fan of either team but I have to say...the Dolpins got their asses handed to them. By the Arizona Cardinals, no less. That's bad. Sorry, Shannon.

JB
09-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Good job. Now you can take me out and buy me dinner. Steak is always nice.I didn't win it yet. There's still a bunch of us left. I get to move on to week 3 though.

When I do win it I'll take you to Chompies.

marinejcksn
09-15-2008, 07:16 AM

Dear Lord,

Please make sure the Eagles pound the Cowboys so badly that even their mommas won't recognize them.

JB

Also Lord, please ensure Terrell Owens takes the full brunt of said punishment, to reprimand him for embarrasing the Eagles with his idiocy several years ago. And as for the college games Lord, please continue to keep JoePa full of piss & vinegar. Amen.:cool:

ralph wiggum
09-15-2008, 09:21 AM

Dear Lord,

JB

Game on, JB.

ralph wiggum
09-15-2008, 09:23 AM

And I hate you !!!!!

No, I think the Chiefs are the worst team ever.

Space Gravy
09-15-2008, 11:16 AM
No, I think the Chiefs are the worst team ever.

I'm thinking it might be the Rams.

LogansPapa
09-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Don't forget to watch 'America's Team' tonight. :)

ralph wiggum
09-15-2008, 03:12 PM

Dear Lord,

JB

Care to make an avatar wager, JB?

JB
09-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Care to make an avatar wager, JB?Ah, there's my cowpuke fans. LP and Wiggum. Nice company you're keeping Ralph. :p

OK, I'll walk the walk. Av bet is on. One week.

ralph wiggum
09-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Ah, there's my cowpuke fans. LP and Wiggum. Nice company you're keeping Ralph. :p

OK, I'll walk the walk. Av bet is on. One week.

Deal. Being a Cowboys fan is the only redeeming quality of LP. In fact, that's the only reason he hasn't been banned. :D

JB
09-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Deal. Being a Cowboys fan...I just found out the other day the new Cowboys stadium is going to seat 100,000+. Friggin' monster.

We used to have a place like that in Philly but they knocked it down. :(

LogansPapa
09-15-2008, 05:21 PM
In fact, that's the only reason he hasn't been banned. :D

:p Thank goodness for that. :D

JB
09-15-2008, 06:04 PM
:p Thank goodness for that. :DWhen they make me an admin, I'm banning you specifically for that.

LogansPapa
09-15-2008, 06:15 PM
When they make me an admin, I'm banning you specifically for that.

Oh shit! :eek:

JB
09-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Oh shit! :eek:I was expecting something along the lines of "Well, I guess I have nothing to worry about". Guess I overestimated you. Much like the Cowboys.

However, you and wiggum will be starting your own site if I ever obtain that position. :p

LogansPapa
09-15-2008, 06:28 PM
I was expecting something along the lines of "Well, I guess I have nothing to worry about". Guess I overestimated you. Much like the Cowboys.

However, you and wiggum will be starting your own site if I ever obtain that position. :p

Don’t hate ‘America’s Team’ because it beautiful. ;)

We've done all the drugs in all the methods possible, and in every body opening imaginable - so we’re good to go now. To repeat would be old hat.

Cold Warrior
09-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Don’t hate ‘America’s Team’ because it beautiful. ;)

We've done all the drugs in all the methods possible, and in every body opening imaginable - so we’re good to go now. To repeat would be old hat.

Well, they have nice cheerleaders, but they ain't the '9ers. Or the Gunners, for that matter. :D

JB
09-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Or the Gunners, for that matter. :DCorrection.

LP, Wiggum and CW will be creating their own site.

ralph wiggum
09-16-2008, 12:53 AM
Correction.

LP, Wiggum and CW will be creating their own site.

Ahem....I expect a new avatar in the morning, my friend. :D :D

marinejcksn
09-16-2008, 01:04 AM
GD Philly, blew it in the end. That was an awesome game though. It's all good, we'll win the next round.

Regarding TO, is it horrific of me to wish the man physical injury? There's never been a professional athlete I've hated more in my life...the guy made a fool out of himself when he played for Philly and then betrayed us by joining the boys. I friggin hate TO! But he is so damn good, you can't deny that:(

Ah well, at least my second favorite team, New England, will go down as the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Mark my words. :cool:

ralph wiggum
09-16-2008, 01:10 AM
Ah well, at least my second favorite team, New England, will go down as the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Mark my words. :cool:

Ahem....

In the Super Bowl era, the Steelers are the best "dynasty", followed by the 49ers.

The early 90's Cowboys are a distant third, followed by the '00 era Pats.

JB
09-16-2008, 01:13 AM
Ahem....I expect a new avatar in the morning, my friend. :D :DCRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Don't you pick the av? If not, I'll find something.

Hats off to the cowpukes. The Eagles snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Oh well, no morale wins in the NFL. See you for the Christmas Week Massacre. I think they play again 12/28.

All I know is, the Giants and Redskins are crapping their pants after watching that game. :p

marinejcksn
09-16-2008, 01:15 AM
Ahem....

In the Super Bowl era, the Steelers are the best "dynasty", followed by the 49ers.

The early 90's Cowboys are a distant third, followed by the '00 era Pats.

That's true, the steel curtain was a monster and I've always loved Pittsburg.

However, I'm willing to bet cash that New England will set the record for most Super Bowl wins ever in the next few seasons. I wouldn't even count them out this year, they just find ways to win every week.

ralph wiggum
09-16-2008, 01:26 AM
CRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Don't you pick the av? If not, I'll find something.

Hats off to the cowpukes. The Eagles snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Oh well, no morale wins in the NFL. See you for the Christmas Week Massacre. I think they play again 12/28.

All I know is, the Giants and Redskins are crapping their pants after watching that game. :p

The Dallas "star" is fine with me. I won't embarrass you further. :D

ralph wiggum
09-16-2008, 01:29 AM
That's true, the steel curtain was a monster and I've always loved Pittsburg.

However, I'm willing to bet cash that New England will set the record for most Super Bowl wins ever in the next few seasons. I wouldn't even count them out this year, they just find ways to win every week.

How much cash? :D

I'm counting the Pats out this year, and Brady's injury may haunt them for a while. Not to mention the typical aging of the rest of the crew.

marinejcksn
09-16-2008, 02:15 AM
How much cash? :D

I'm counting the Pats out this year, and Brady's injury may haunt them for a while. Not to mention the typical aging of the rest of the crew.

What're you talking about, they keep signing young talent and they've got older experience calling the shots. Brady will most likely bounce back from this injury in the long run I still think he'll be as dangerous as ever before, they've got so many offensive weapons while building their defense, their special teams game is unbelievable...I just can't count New England out even in this season. We saw how a veteran like Favre couldn't get it done against them, I don't think this season will have as many blow out games but I still have them picked finishing at least 11-6 or 12-5.

newshutr
09-16-2008, 09:26 AM

Don't forget all the video help that the Pats had to get there....

marinejcksn
09-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Don't forget all the video help that the Pats had to get there....

Ah christ here we go again with the video footage......:rolleyes:

LogansPapa
09-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Cowboy haters can kiss this!

http://ballsiest.com/sportsblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/dallas-cowboys-cheerleader.jpg

Cold Warrior
09-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Cowboy haters can kiss this!

http://ballsiest.com/sportsblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/dallas-cowboys-cheerleader.jpg

Any place. Any day. Any time. :D

lacarnut
09-16-2008, 12:55 PM
GD Philly, blew it in the end. That was an awesome game though. It's all good, we'll win the next round.

Regarding TO, is it horrific of me to wish the man physical injury? There's never been a professional athlete I've hated more in my life...the guy made a fool out of himself when he played for Philly and then betrayed us by joining the boys. I friggin hate TO! But he is so damn good, you can't deny that:(

That was a great game last night. TO is a loudmouth egotistical asshole but he is a great player. The best games I have seen this season.

The S. D., Denver game was good also. The refs made 2 bad calls that gave the game to Denver.

LogansPapa
09-16-2008, 01:42 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/images/barber1_091508_360.jpg

marinejcksn
09-17-2008, 01:20 AM
Logan, you broke my heart with that picture...have you no soul!:(

Ah well, my eagles will pick themselves back up. AND the Phils are closing the gap on the Mets...so I'm feeling pretty good.:D