PDA

View Full Version : Election Day in Florida!!!

SarasotaRepub
01-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Well the Polls have been open for about an hour!

SLW and I will take turns going to vote as we are having some wood floors installed...

SaintLouieWoman
01-31-2012, 04:35 PM
My heart wants Santorum to win ... but my head wants Gingrich.

Good thing I don't live in Florida anymore; would have to flip a coin to decide!

Hey! :idea: ... SLW, if you and SR are going to be home tonight watching the returns, if I promise to bring a bottle of Merlot and a tin of almonds to share, could I sit on your couch and watch with you? :D

Would be that much more exciting to watch with actual voters! We could all jump up and down or cry together.

~ ABC
Sounds fun, but don't think you could get here in time, particularly since there are so few flights into Sarasota "International" Airport. Even Air Tran is pulling out of the airport shortly since taken over by Southwest. I keep kidding SR that there are only a couple of flights here a day (it's pretty close to the truth). :D

fettpett
01-31-2012, 07:17 PM
they were saying 2 million votes with today and early/absentee voters

SarasotaRepub
01-31-2012, 07:47 PM
they were saying 2 million votes with today and early/absentee voters

That's what I heard too.

If anyone notices a few post missing here on this thread it was me deleting them. It looks like a "counter" got messed up and you could not look at page 2. Hopefully this will fix it. It may have been caused when I was updating the site and some error messages displayed.

JB
01-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Election Day in Florida!!!Dust off the chad counters. :D

Hawkgirl
01-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Romney leading among seniors, Hispanics in Florida exit polls

Mitt Romney is leading in exit polls among two of Florida's largest constituencies -- seniors and Hispanics -- as he and Newt Gingrich battle to the finish line in Tuesday's critical primary.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/31/romney-leading-among-seniors-hispanics-in-florida-exit-polls/

Looks like Romney will take Florida...if these exit polls are believable.

SarasotaRepub
01-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Romney leading among seniors, Hispanics in Florida exit polls

Mitt Romney is leading in exit polls among two of Florida's largest constituencies -- seniors and Hispanics -- as he and Newt Gingrich battle to the finish line in Tuesday's critical primary.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/31/romney-leading-among-seniors-hispanics-in-florida-exit-polls/

Looks like Romney will take Florida...if these exit polls are believable.

Shoot...:(

I told Newt he needed the VoteChanger3000.:D

JB
01-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Looks like Romney will take FloridaIsn't he predicted to take it pretty substantially? Like, in a rout? Or maybe a half-rout.

ETA: VoteChanger3000. LMAO.

Hawkgirl
01-31-2012, 08:49 PM
Isn't he predicted to take it pretty substantially? Like, in a rout? Or maybe a half-rout.

E

I don't know what the prediction is...but he got all the important endorcements from the state leadership.

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 08:51 PM
I don't know what the prediction is...but he got all the important endorcements from the state leadership.

He didn't get SR's endorsement.:confused:

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 08:55 PM
What's his name isn't doing well and neither is Wrong Paul.

Hawkgirl
01-31-2012, 08:56 PM
He didn't get SR's endorsement.:confused:

Robocall failed to retrieve.

fettpett
01-31-2012, 08:56 PM

Was listening to Roe and Roper on WLS in Chicago and they were talking to the Gov of Fl....he hasn't endorsed either...though he sounded like he was behind Mitt.

I think FL feels they are the king makers and have to high of an opinion of themselves....they got their delegates slashed in half for moving their primary from 99 to 54. they aren't no king maker....lots of time to go

Janice
01-31-2012, 08:58 PM
The polls were light here too .. in the afternoon. Now Im hearing that Romney has about 40-50% of the vote so far and Gingrich about 20-30%.

I guess sliming the opposing candidate is working .. with no regard about the one who is doing the slimming.

Any guesses as to how much of this sliming will aimed at the Anointed One?

Nothing like this .. if I was betting ...

Janice
01-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Was listening to Roe and Roper on WLS in Chicago and they were talking to the Gov of Fl....he hasn't endorsed either...though he sounded like he was behind Mitt.

I think FL feels they are the king makers and have to high of an opinion of themselves....they got their delegates slashed in half for moving their primary from 99 to 54. they aren't no king maker....lots of time to go

I had a lot of respect for Rick Scott when he became Governor. Now as time wears on I have less and less.

SarasotaRepub
01-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Mitt wins it all. :(

SarasotaRepub
01-31-2012, 09:02 PM
1.) Mitt
2.) Newt
3.) Whats His Name
4.) Dr. Nutz.

ABC in Georgia
01-31-2012, 09:05 PM
Ok ...

Romney is taking all 50 delegates ... .am getting car keys and map out of my purse, wiping away my tears and am about to head back home.

Will leave you the rest of the Merlot and the almonds SLW. :D

RATS! :mad:

~ ABC

Hawkgirl
01-31-2012, 09:20 PM

Pam Bondi, the attorney general, gave a glowing endorsement and also alluded to the fact that most of florida's key people support him. She also said the AG's of many of the other states taking Obamacare to court, also support Romney.

Hawkgirl
01-31-2012, 09:23 PM

Well a couple of reasons...first of all, it's ALOT of delegates. Secondly, people look to Florida as a good indicator of the general election because it is so diverse, much like the country. Whoever wins Florida in the general election, will probably be our next President. Don't hate.:p

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 09:25 PM
Mountingman will be happy, he is behind Mittens.

Janice
01-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Florida is the first closed primary I believe. But that just means the dems cant cross over so easily to vote the most moderate milk toast candidate, who they think they can defeat, for us. Like they did in the previous states. And like they did the last election.

Damn Ronbots didnt do us any favors either. :mad:

Sometimes I think American voters are dumber than a box of rocks. And thats only when you can get their attention ... like a mule.

Hawkgirl
01-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Mountingman will be happy, he is behind Mittens.

I like the nickname "Mittens", better than "What's his face".

Mittens is gonna blow up my voicemail if he becomes the Republican candidate.:mad:

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 09:35 PM

Mittens is gonna blow up my voicemail if he becomes the Republican candidate.:mad:

Whats his name is Sanitarium.

Janice
01-31-2012, 09:35 PM

I'll settle on "Mittwitt" thank you very much.

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 09:38 PM
It is a good excuse to watch Megyn all evening.:)

ABC in Georgia
01-31-2012, 09:45 PM

Tsk! ... Tsk! ... Tsk! :D

Enjoy Rock, she not only is good looking, she is also intelligent. and a very nice lady to boot!

~ ABC

ABC in Georgia
01-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Am awaiting Newt's speech, and then will turn off my TV.

Rats! Rats! ... and still more Rats! :mad:

~ ABC

SarasotaRepub
01-31-2012, 10:04 PM
FEAR NOT Fellow Newtsters!!!

Newt and his wife Ballista are withdrawing to their Secret Lair on MoonBase Alpha to plan the rest of his campaign!!!! It's NOT Over Yet!!! :mad::mad:

Long Live the Emp...I mean the U.S.A.!!!!

:D

Janice
01-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Am awaiting Newt's speech, and then will turn off my TV.

Rats! Rats! ... and still more Rats! :mad:

~ ABC

Rats is right. First the dimwit voters give us the marxist in chief (a rat). And now the mittwitt (rat light).

I give up. I guess some dogs are just too dumb to learn.

patriot45
01-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Well... I Voted for whats his name but at this point it is anything BUTT the 0! So now its GO Romney. No more nasty ads, save that for the 0. Then attack it on its record.

Hawkgirl
01-31-2012, 10:17 PM
Well... I Voted for whats his name but at this point it is anything BUTT the 0! So now its GO Romney. No more nasty ads, save that for the 0. Then attack it on its record.

That's my position as well.

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 10:20 PM

Mike one hunert and twuny ate will give you a tongue lashing for letting Mittens win!

JoeKwonDo
01-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Watching Newt's "concession" speech - the man has zero class. If he should by some wild chance come from behind I'll be gagging all the way to the polls in november.

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Watching Newt's "concession" speech - the man has zero class. If he should by some wild chance come from behind I'll be gagging all the way to the polls in november.

I've been gagging since 1988!

Hawkgirl
01-31-2012, 10:24 PM

I didn't watch it...maybe I will catch the reruns tonight. Newt's a serial cheater...I won't cry if he's out.

patriot45
01-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Man...... I keep telling you guys to read "Breach Of Trust" By Tom Colburn. It will tell you all you need to know about the newt.

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 10:30 PM
Man...... I keep telling you guys to read "Breach Of Trust" By Tom Colburn. It will tell you all you need to know about the newt.

I look at his voting record and the bills he has actually backed while in office, same for Romney, Mike one hunert and twuny ate's friend!.:rolleyes:

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 10:41 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/repubdeligates.jpg
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/republican_delegate_count.html

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Wrong Paul has 3, you go Paul!:rotfl:

Hawkgirl
01-31-2012, 10:47 PM
I look at his voting record and the bills he has actually backed while in office, same for Romney, Mike one hunert and twuny ate's friend!.:rolleyes:

That is important, but so is character. He left his first wife when she was diagnosed with cancer. He left his second wife when she was diagnosed with MS. I hope Callista doesn't come down with anything, or she is history as well. He's also a career Washington insider politician. Beh, like I said, I won't shed any tears. He's a good debater, I'll give him that.

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 10:49 PM
That is important, but so is character. He left his first wife when she was diagnosed with cancer. He left his second wife when she was diagnosed with MS. I hope Callista doesn't come down with anything, or she is history as well. He's also a career Washington insider politician. Beh, like I said, I won't shed any tears. He's a good debater, I'll give him that.

You should always check their teeth and give um a physical!:D

Hawkgirl
01-31-2012, 10:51 PM
You should always check their teeth and give um a physical!:D

Only if he holds his balls and coughs. I hope he's not allergic to latex.

oh duh!!....you're calling him a dog

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 10:54 PM
Only if he holds his balls and coughs. I hope he's not allergic to latex.

oh duh!!....you're calling him a dog

No, you were getting after Newt, this is what he should have done with his potential wives!:eek:

Hawkgirl
01-31-2012, 11:01 PM
No, you were getting after Newt, this is what he should have done with his potential wives!:eek:

http://i40.tinypic.com/wmo4js.jpg

Don't taze me, bro.

Articulate_Ape
01-31-2012, 11:04 PM

This.

Articulate_Ape
01-31-2012, 11:16 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/wmo4js.jpg

Don't taze me, bro.

First let me say, the American people deserve a discussion built upon new and bold ideas. This was the mindset of the men who gathered in Pennsylvania well over 200 summers ago to sweat like a team poisoned sumo wrestlers in tights, waistcoats, and wigs to formulate the moon base that would become America.

What was the question again?

Hawkgirl
01-31-2012, 11:28 PM
While it was fun to watch him admonish the media for asking the open marriage question, how he answered it was pretty funny when he said something about harder to attract DECENT people because of all the media attention.
I know some of you are Newt supporters so I'll stop now.:cool:

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 11:37 PM
I know some of you are Newt supporters so I'll stop now.:cool:

I will support anything that I think could mop the floor with Bama and not be PC.

Novaheart
01-31-2012, 11:44 PM
Romney has all the inspiration and power of a Sears catalogue model. And, he's a mormon. If he won Florida it's because all the female alcoholics and men on Paxil voted for him.

But seriously, for all the media bullshit about Florida's "diversity" the Republican party in Florida is about as diverse as a country club dinner dance. The demographics of the GOP voters in this primary are basically: 99% caucasian and 95% over the age of 30.

Articulate_Ape
02-01-2012, 12:08 AM
What I wanna know is, given the ass hat we have in the Oval Office, how the hell did the GOP end up with this puppet show to unseat him? WTF?

Janice
02-01-2012, 12:56 AM

Thats what I did and where I'm at too.

Fk'n Romney. What a POS, but thats what the GOP (with the help of the DNC and the media) has left us with. You gotta consider ... when those 3 conspire together (the GOP, DNC, Media) something awful is in the brew.

Im glad I have no TV.(Well I do, but its a paper weight connected to nothing) Havent had a use for it in 15 years. But I am appalled at what it has done to the voting public. And the non voters too. I dont blame them in a way. If you watch TV, theres really no hope, so why bother?

In effect, they become their own prophecy.

Hawkgirl
02-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Romney has all the inspiration and power of a Sears catalogue model. And, he's a mormon. If he won Florida it's because all the female alcoholics and men on Paxil voted for him.

But seriously, for all the media bullshit about Florida's "diversity" the Republican party in Florida is about as diverse as a country club dinner dance. The demographics of the GOP voters in this primary are basically: 99% caucasian and 95% over the age of 30.

Well there are different age demographics...Unless you are in Palm Beach (I love whipping around the slow drivers).
You have the jews, the hispanics, the whites in the Northern portion and the South has blacks. You have the poorest of the poor, the middle class, and the wealthy (again, See Palm Beach and Miami Beach)
We have the liberals in the south east portion (not including moi) and the fierce Conservatives in the north.
I would say it's a fair assessment to say Florida is diverse.

MountainMan
02-01-2012, 02:10 AM
Mitt wins it all. :( Not sure why the frown oh Dark Lord. You know it and I know it that out of the remaining candidates, Mitt Romney is the only one with a chance to beat Obama.

I will continue to say it, Newt is NOT likeable. Even prior to his announcement, Newts unfavorable rating was extremely high. He only got into this race as a resume enhancement.

Rockntractor
02-01-2012, 02:22 AM
You know it and I know it that out of the remaining candidates, Mitt Romney is the only one with a chance to beat Obama.

You are like bag on back of guide horse!:rolleyes:

MountainMan
02-01-2012, 02:26 AM
You are like bag on back of guide horse!:rolleyes:
And you are there to fill up said bag.....whats your point? :cool:

fettpett
02-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Well a couple of reasons...first of all, it's ALOT of delegates. Secondly, people look to Florida as a good indicator of the general election because it is so diverse, much like the country. Whoever wins Florida in the general election, will probably be our next President. Don't hate.:p

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

54 delegates isn't that many, Georgia has more with 76.

screw this winner take all, I want proportional distribution

fettpett
02-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Not sure why the frown oh Dark Lord. You know it and I know it that out of the remaining candidates, Mitt Romney is the only one with a chance to beat Obama.

I will continue to say it, Newt is NOT likeable. Even prior to his announcement, Newts unfavorable rating was extremely high. He only got into this race as a resume enhancement.

you sound like the opposite of douchebag128

fettpett
02-01-2012, 08:46 AM
What I wanna know is, given the ass hat we have in the Oval Office, how the hell did the GOP end up with this puppet show to unseat him? WTF?

Cain got bounced out, Daniels decided to listen to Cherry and stayed out, Ryan didn't run, Christie stayed out, Bachmann bounced....Palin stayed in Alaska and FOX....Trump changed parties but not combover...

anyone else?

Hawkgirl
02-01-2012, 08:56 AM
screw this winner take all, I want proportional distribution

Nobody cares what you want. Are you going to change the electoral college too?:rotfl::rotfl:

fettpett
02-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Nobody cares what you want. Are you going to change the electoral college too?:rotfl::rotfl:

:rolleyes: EC is constitutional, primary/conventions are party run

MountainMan
02-01-2012, 10:13 AM
you sound like the opposite of douchebag128 Except that I am right and I don't go around posting in all caps.

fettpett, I have stated before that Romney isn't my first choice and neither was he my second. But looking at the field that is left, he is our best bet in beating Obama.

The sooner people in our party realize that, the better.

Arroyo_Doble
02-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Except that I am right and I don't go around posting in all caps.

fettpett, I have stated before that Romney isn't my first choice and neither was he my second. But looking at the field that is left, he is our best bet in beating Obama.

The Republican Party's internecine conflict will not be resolved this year.

MountainMan
02-01-2012, 10:20 AM
The Republican Party's internecine conflict will not be resolved this year. Actually, when it comes to beating this incompetent boob of a president, this party will come around and fully support the nominee.

What I am greatly looking forward too is the conflict in the democrat party next year after the beating they are going to take after losing the senate and presidency.

Arroyo_Doble
02-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Actually, when it comes to beating this incompetent boob of a president, this party will come around and fully support the nominee.

Hope springs eternal.

What I am greatly looking forward too is the conflict in the democrat [sic] party next year after the beating they are going to take after losing the senate and presidency.

I think you are right about the Senate. I haven't looked at it in awhile but that body's makeup should lead to an almost permanent Republican majority. I am surprised it has been Democratic.

Novaheart
02-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Well there are different age demographics...Unless you are in Palm Beach (I love whipping around the slow drivers).
You have the jews, the hispanics, the whites in the Northern portion and the South has blacks. You have the poorest of the poor, the middle class, and the wealthy (again, See Palm Beach and Miami Beach)
We have the liberals in the south east portion (not including moi) and the fierce Conservatives in the north.
I would say it's a fair assessment to say Florida is diverse.

I didn't say or imply that Florida isn't diverse- my comment was that the Republican voters of Florida aren't very diverse. They aren't. Racially they are almost entirely caucasian. Ethnically, they are almost entirely European nations, including the Cubans. Almost all Republican Cubans are ethnically Spanish, ie caucasian. Most of the Cubans in the US are actually only one to three generations away from Spain. Fidel Castro's father was born in Galicia. Batista's paternal surname was Palermo. Che Guevara was Irish, Basque, and Spanish. If you put Mel Martinez in a picture with men of similar rank, you only see a bunch of rich old white men.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/10/13/images/StateBush450x300.jpg

Speaking of diversity, Craig Romney? Are we sure he's from the same litter?

swirling_vortex
02-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Wrong Paul has 3, you go Paul!:rotfl:
What? You mean those online polls where Paul wins 80-90% doesn't correlate to real votes? :D

fettpett
02-01-2012, 12:16 PM

I don't think he's the best bet, I don't think any of them are, the only one that comes close is Paul.

Frankly, the best option at this point is to get a big enough majority in the House and Senate to overturn any Veto the idiot-in-chief can muster and look to 2016.

Arroyo_Doble
02-01-2012, 12:17 PM
I don't think he's the best bet, I don't think any of them are, the only one that comes close is Paul.

Frankly, the best option at this point is to get a big enough majority in the House and Senate to overturn any Veto the idiot-in-chief can muster and look to 2016.

All you need to thwart the Executive is 41 votes in the Senate.

Granted, it is not enough to advance a political agenda (unless that agenda is thwarting the Executive).

fettpett
02-01-2012, 12:21 PM
All you need to thwart the Executive is 41 votes in the Senate.

Granted, it is not enough to advance a political agenda (unless that agenda is thwarting the Executive).

you need 2/3rds to override a veto

Janice
02-01-2012, 06:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qdjbs.jpg

What were the overall percentages in Florida? How much to the Mittwitt, to Gingrich, to Santorum and to Dr Nutz? Anybody know?

Edit: Nevermind, I coincidentally stumbled into it searching for something else. :p I've posted it above.

Btb: Florida Exit Poll Data Mitigated by 65 Romney Ads for Every Newt Ad (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/289860/651-andrew-c-mccarthy)

Rockntractor
02-01-2012, 07:12 PM
What? You mean those online polls where Paul wins 80-90% doesn't correlate to real votes? :D

You saw the Drudge poll yesterday too!:D

Janice
02-01-2012, 07:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6FjnP.jpg

The gen populace (most religious denoms, various income groups, the diffl ethnicities, all age-groups and most women) voted Romney. How conservatives voted as a "group" paints a diff or "inverse" picture.

Rockntractor
02-01-2012, 09:16 PM
The talk now is that since the primary was held before April 1st they have to divide the delegates proportionally among the candidates in the Florida, primary no more winner take all.
The head of the Republican party said this today.

fettpett
02-01-2012, 09:21 PM
The talk now is that since the primary was held before April 1st they have to divide the delegates proportionally among the candidates in the Florida, primary no more winner take all.
The head of the Republican party said this today.

hahahaha, so not only did FL LOSE delegates, but they they have to divide them up

Rockntractor
02-01-2012, 09:28 PM
hahahaha, so not only did FL LOSE delegates, but they they have to divide them up

Apparently so, this was just mention on fox but there isn't much out about it yet.
Maybe buying 60 commercials to Newts 1 wasn't such a good deal after all.

fettpett
02-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Apparently so, this was just mention on fox but there isn't much out about it yet.
Maybe buying 60 commercials to Newts 1 wasn't such a good deal after all.

nope...pretty funny that not only did the networks not get it, but the candidates didn't get it either

MountainMan
02-01-2012, 10:10 PM

Not going to happen. Mitt Romney can beat Obama as long as the so-called disenfranchised conservatives support him. If they don't, you can expect 4 more years of Obama.

Kay
02-01-2012, 11:16 PM

fettpett, I have stated before that Romney isn't my first choice and neither was he my second.
But looking at the field that is left, he is our best bet in beating Obama.

I'm with you highlander.
I have come to like Mitt more and more, and the GinGrinch less and less.
I endorsed Mitt a few weeks ago and I believe he will be a good POTUS.
My reasons are too long to type out at the moment, but I am for Mittens.

Rockntractor
02-01-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm with you highlander.

So we have a pair for mittens!:confused:

fettpett
02-02-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm with you highlander.

I thought you were a die hard Conservative...:rolleyes:

Romney's no Conservative, never has been, he's a RINO.

Arroyo_Doble
02-02-2012, 10:09 AM

Everyone will be on the bandwagon eventually. Even you.

Janice
02-02-2012, 01:19 PM

Yeah... just like we were all "on the bandwagon" for McLame.

fettpett
02-02-2012, 05:42 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes: IF I vote for Mitt it would only be to stop Obama

SaintLouieWoman
02-02-2012, 07:51 PM
I think that applies to many of us.

JB
02-02-2012, 08:01 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes: IF I vote for Mitt it would only be to stop ObamaI see people saying this all the time. It's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN.

Whether it's Mitt, Newt, Santorum or Paul come November, not only will I vote for them, I will be on the street working for them. Hard.

I understand the sentiment that people are sick of the party putting these less than desirable candidates out there but it's up to us to stop it. Besides, the names I see tossed around as legitimate are no where to be found. Thompson...had no interest. Jindal...disappeared off the planet. Christie...no interest. Palin...would rather make money.

Kay
02-02-2012, 10:42 PM

Yeah yeah, my sister has already disowned me a few weeks ago when I announced that I'm backing Mitt. Besides being a rino, he is a heck of a turn around guy and business man. In this election I find those two qualities to be most desirable. The stakes are so high of needing to streamline the monstrosity of gubmit and turn things back around that nothing else much matters right now.

I haven't lost my die hard conservative soul, I've just seen the writing on the wall that we will have 1 of 3 men as our next president. It's either Newt, Mitt or Barry. Of the three, I feel Mitt is the most likely to roll up his sleeves and spend more time actually working than grandstanding for the press or relishing in his own voice at the podium.

I still care deeply about the hard core social issues like banning gays from co-existence and banning abortion. Maybe next time around we will have a candidate that is closer to my core conservative beliefs. This time around I just want action on turning the ship away from the iceberg.

As for Newt, I've always had a soft spot for him even with all his flaws. But he's really been turning me off lately. I'm getting where I can't stand to hear his voice. People talk about Romney being aloof. The more I watch him the more down to earth he seems. He is more mannerly and reserved, that's not a bad thing to have someone who can keep calm and project a quietness while they take care of bidness. On the other hand, the more I see of Newt the more arrogant he becomes. He's starting to be like that guy at the office that gloats and talks too much in every meeting that you go out of your way to avoid.

You know that picture of the little kitten looking into an oval mirror and seeing a lion.....somebody needs to photoshop one of Newt looking into a mirror and seeing Ronald Reagan. That's another thing that started turning me off Newt. I am so tired of hearing "I'm the only Reagan" over and over like a broken record.

Everybody keeps talking about the GOP establishment forcing Mitt on us. When I think of "GOP establishment" Newt is one of the peeps that come to mind. I do agree with those who say Newt wasn't ever gone, he just worked as a lobbyist for awhile. He's as establishment as you can get in my opinion, he's just out of favor with the rest of them due to left over tiffs from back when he was speaker.

I think Mitt will be a fresh face that will do alright by us the next four years.
My glass is half full and I'm thinking positive.

Rockntractor
02-02-2012, 10:48 PM
None of his Romney care excuses are going to work out for him.

Articulate_Ape
02-02-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm still astounded that we still allow Floridians to vote.

Janice
02-03-2012, 01:27 AM
I'm still astounded that we still allow Floridians to vote.

Put America in that box. Well, half the country anyways. Esp in the NE, around the great lakes and the left coast.

fettpett
02-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Put America in that box. Well, half the country anyways. Esp in the NE, around the great lakes and the left coast.

hey now! :mad: :mad::p

Arroyo_Doble
02-03-2012, 09:45 AM

I heard the same from some about Kerry in 2004.

RobJohnson
02-04-2012, 05:35 PM
I've been gagging since 1988!

You should see a doctor. :D