PDA

View Full Version : Santorum Needs To Drop Out & Endorse Newt

mike128
01-31-2012, 10:10 PM
By now, everyone knows that Rick Santorum is my favorite candidate in the field. He is a solid conservative, and he lives by his values. But the reality is that Santorum doesn't have the finances or the organization to take out Flip Romney. As long as Santorum remains in the race, he is effectively splitting the conservative vote between himself and Newt. Just looking at tonight's Florida results alone, Romney has 47%, Newt has 32% and Santorum has 13% (with 76% in). Hypothetically, if Santorum was not in the Florida race, his votes would likely have gone to Newt. The vote totals would then be 47% for Romney and 45% for Newt.

Once again, I'm not crazy about Newt. But we just can't have Flip Romney as the Republican nominee and expect to beat Obama in November. The conservative vote needs to be united, not split. Therefore, I would like to respectfully ask Senator Rick Santorum to drop out of the race, and endorse Newt, before it's too late.

Rockntractor
01-31-2012, 10:26 PM
By now, everyone knows that Rick Santorum is my favorite candidate in the field. He is a solid conservative, and he lives by his values. But the reality is that Santorum doesn't have the finances or the organization to take out Flip Romney. As long as Santorum remains in the race, he is effectively splitting the conservative vote between himself and Newt. Just looking at tonight's Florida results alone, Romney has 47%, Newt has 32% and Santorum has 13% (with 76% in). Hypothetically, if Santorum was not in the Florida race, his votes would likely have gone to Newt. The vote totals would then be 47% for Romney and 45% for Newt.

Once again, I'm not crazy about Newt. But we just can't have Flip Romney as the Republican nominee and expect to beat Obama in November. The conservative vote needs to be united, not split. Therefore, I would like to respectfully ask Senator Rick Santorum to drop out of the race, and endorse Newt, before it's too late.

Reverse psychology, you have been campaigning for Romney all along, you probably work at a call center!:rolleyes::mad:

Zathras
01-31-2012, 10:33 PM

And the hate filled, lying Obumble supporter drops yet another.....

http://www.perou.co.uk/photos/2085.jpg

For those who don't get it, it's a big steaming pile of Male Bovine Excrement.

Hawkgirl
01-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Mike128, there are 5 stages of Grief, you are obviosly at the Bargaining stage. You probably shouldn't post until you have reached the Acceptance stage.

Just some well-intended advice.:)

:popcorn:

patriot45
01-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Mike128, there are 5 stages of Grief, you are obviosly at the Bargaining stage. You probably shouldn't post until you have reached the Acceptance stage.

:D:D

Apocalypse
01-31-2012, 10:44 PM

Hoping for a Dim style Operation Chaos?

Its done, it will be Mitt from here out.

Nevada is very heavy Mormon. And Newt needed a win here to keep the cash going, he didn't get it, and won't now. Santorum will drop come Nevada, and Super Tue will mark the end for Newt. Only one who will stick it out is Ron Paul, and only because he doesn't know when to quit.

Let the real battle begin.

Janice
02-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Should be the other way. Newt needs to drop out & endorse Santorum. :)

Hawkgirl
02-01-2012, 01:02 AM

Here here! :toast:

Rockntractor
02-01-2012, 01:03 AM
They should all drop out and endorse Cain.

Hawkgirl
02-01-2012, 01:06 AM

The wimmins ruined him too. :(

mike128
02-01-2012, 04:09 AM
I would actually prefer that, Janice. The point is, as long as Newt and Santorum continue to split the conservative vote, Flip Romney will be a shoe-in for the nomination, and so will Obama for a second term in November.

As I've said before, "moderate" Republican presidential nominees never win general elections.

MountainMan
02-01-2012, 04:10 AM
I would actually prefer that, Janice. The point is, as long as Newt and Santorum continue to split the conservative vote, Flip Romney will be a shoe-in for the nomination, and so will Obama for a second term in November.

As I've said before, "moderate" Republican presidential nominees never win general elections. :rolleyes: Moron.

fettpett
02-01-2012, 08:49 AM

no, the lying sacks of crap in the media, and the spinless GOP ruined him

fettpett
02-01-2012, 08:50 AM
:rolleyes: Moron.

http://draketoulouse.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/pot-kettle-black-by-john-takai-dreamstime.jpg

JoeKwonDo
02-01-2012, 09:01 AM

:D yup

Odysseus
02-01-2012, 09:13 AM

You is gettin' all therapeutic on him. :D

txradioguy
02-01-2012, 09:21 AM

QFT

Bailey
02-01-2012, 09:25 AM

Well truth be told wimmins are the destroyers of us all ;)

AmPat
02-01-2012, 10:11 AM
:toast:

:toast:

:nono: Alas, too late.
Rick is the only one standing that can excite the Conservatives.

Romney will only get grudging support as he isn't perceived as combative enough or principled enough as a Conservative. The Destructive O machine will use their money to castrate Flip in a head to head match.
Newt is perceived as the only one capable and willing to B-slap O Blah Blah in a debate, but he has much earned and unearned baggage to overcome. He is quick and witty enough to counter the O's attacks if given enough $$ to be heard.
Santorum doesn't strike me as able to stand toe to toe with the Teleprompter In Chief, but he is the only real Conservative left. He needs a Super Tuesday win and a massive infusion of money to stand a chance against the GOP chosen Romney.
Paul is 95% Conservative and had he a better (realistic) foreign policy, would have been my candidate. He needed better campaign managers that would tell him how to package his message without being perceived as a nut job.

Zathras
02-01-2012, 11:51 AM

As I've said before, "moderate" Republican presidential nominees never win general elections.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/deadhorse.jpg

mike128
02-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Stop it, Zathras! :mad:

Zathras
02-01-2012, 12:24 PM

As I said before, when you stop, I'll stop. Tilll then, every time you flog the expired equine with your obsessive hatred for Mitt Romney the picture is going up. Don't like it? You can do 2 things about it. Either stop it or deal with it you lying piece of shit.

Odysseus
02-01-2012, 01:45 PM

He's not the only one who's fed up with your one-note shtick. We understand that you don't like Romney. Most of us are, at best, resigned to voting for him if he gets the nomination, but very few of us like the idea, but we also recognize that our choices are limited. Having you constantly rub our noses in your purity of vision gets old real fast.

Zathras
02-01-2012, 04:30 PM
He's not the only one who's fed up with your one-note shtick. We understand that you don't like Romney. Most of us are, at best, resigned to voting for him if he gets the nomination, but very few of us like the idea, but we also recognize that our choices are limited. Having you constantly rub our noses in your purity of vision gets old real fast.

I wonder how long it will be before he starts ragging on us for our support for Israel. He's starting to sound a lot like Herr Gator to me.

Adam Wood
02-01-2012, 05:26 PM

Or what?

Bailey
02-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Mike sure does sound like a troll

Odysseus
02-01-2012, 06:08 PM
I wonder how long it will be before he starts ragging on us for our support for Israel. He's starting to sound a lot like Herr Gator to me.

He hasn't gone there yet. Let's not project that on him. The Romney rants are bad enough.

rjas77
02-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Fact is money buys elections, and Romney is going to have billions to spend. The Mormon church will spend as much as they need. Ever wonder why you see all those "I'm a Morman" adds everywhere you go?

I don't think Obama will be able to keep up

Odysseus
02-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Fact is money buys elections, and Romney is going to have billions to spend. The Mormon church will spend as much as they need. Ever wonder why you see all those "I'm a Morman" adds everywhere you go?

I don't think Obama will be able to keep up

It will certainly be a more even fight, at least in terms of organization and funding, but Romney really needs to demonstrate that he wants to undo Obama's legacy, and isn't just running because it's his turn.

rjas77
02-01-2012, 08:54 PM
but Romney really needs to demonstrate that he wants to undo Obama's legacy, and isn't just running because it's his turn.

That shouldn't be a problem

Massive debt
High Unemployment
Slow Growth...

It's the economy, and Romney's record as well as Obama's speaks for itself.

The issues of abortion and Romney care will be for the most part irrelevant.

fettpett
02-01-2012, 09:19 PM

Massive debt
High Unemployment
Slow Growth...

yeah, that Romney governs as a damn Lib.

Odysseus
02-02-2012, 01:03 AM

Massive debt
High Unemployment
Slow Growth...

Romneycare is a critical issue, because if he decides not to repeal Obamacare, but just tinker around the edges of it, we'll be stuck with the single most intrusive, unconstitutional piece of legislation since the New Deal, and the most destructive ever. I hate to say it, but until he admits that Romneycare is a failure, I will have a hard time believing that he's serious about repealing Obamacare.

Rockntractor
02-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Romneycare is a critical issue, because if he decides not to repeal Obamacare, but just tinker around the edges of it, we'll be stuck with the single most intrusive, unconstitutional piece of legislation since the New Deal, and the most destructive ever. I hate to say it, but until he admits that Romneycare is a failure, I will have a hard time believing that he's serious about repealing Obamacare.

There is noway he can debate Obama/Romney care with Barack without sounding like an idiot.

rjas77
02-02-2012, 01:51 AM
I assure you folks the Mormon church isn't going to fund a Social Liberal.

AmPat
02-02-2012, 10:04 AM

If Glenn Beck is any indication, the Mor-moans aren't for him.

Adam Wood
02-02-2012, 10:30 AM

I don't think Obama will be able to keep upErrrr...

Actually, no. I don't think I've every seen an ad that says "I'm a Mormon." The only Mormon ads I recall ever seeing were ads that suggested that it might be nice if people were nice to one another once in a while.

AmPat
02-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Errrr...

Actually, no. I don't think I've every seen an ad that says "I'm a Mormon." The only Mormon ads I recall ever seeing were ads that suggested that it might be nice if people were nice to one another once in a while.

Must be regional then Adam. I don't get TV and yet when I'm in a public place where it's on, I see these ads often.

txradioguy
02-02-2012, 12:33 PM

Too late...they already have.

He gave his entire inheiritance to the Church....probably helps them feel better about themselves while they ignore his Liberalism.