PDA

View Full Version : A question for current and former members of the US Armed Forces here at CU...

Articulate_Ape
01-31-2012, 11:54 PM
Let me first say that I never served in the military, but I have the very highest regard for those who have and do. As much as I tend to be a jokester here, I am serious as a heart attack in this post.

My question is this: If (god forbid) Obama or any other such destructive POTUS is in power next year or thereafter and he/she commanded that the US Military engage in an enemy in an undeclared war or other military action without consulting Congress, what would you do? I don't mean would you go (our soldiers honor their duty), but how would you feel knowing it was a presidential order, edict, whatever as opposed to an action supported by a declaration or resolution from the Congress, the People?

How do you deal with that situation as a soldier? Especially if the mission is counter to your America's interest?

Thanks for any input you are willing to share.

txradioguy
02-01-2012, 05:33 AM
There will be some who try to resist going where we are ordered...but you see how well that worked for the soldiers that questioned Obama's birth certificate and refused to deploy.

But the fact of the matter is that for the vast majority of us...we go where we are told and stay there until we're told to come home whether we like it or not.

namvet
02-01-2012, 12:28 PM
your not allowed to question orders. period

Arroyo_Doble
02-01-2012, 12:35 PM
BATES

Ay, or more than we should seek after; for we know
enough, if we know we are the kings subjects: if
his cause be wrong, our obedience to the king wipes
the crime of it out of us.

WILLIAMS

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath
a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and
arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join
together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at
such a place;' some swearing, some crying for a
surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind
them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their
children rawly left. I am afeard there are few die
well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of any thing, when blood is their
argument? Now, if these men do not die well, it
will be a black matter for the king that led them to
it; whom to disobey were against all proportion of
subjection.

~ From Henry V

Bailey
02-01-2012, 12:59 PM
your not allowed to question orders. period

Yes you are if they are unlawful.

namvet
02-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Yes you are if they are unlawful.

dead wrong. your ass is off to the gray bar motel

Rockntractor
02-01-2012, 02:05 PM
The government reads social websites they have warned us and said they do. No need for anyone to get themselves in trouble.

DumbAss Tanker
02-01-2012, 03:00 PM
You execute the mission and let Congress sort it out with the Prez, in the courts if necessary. You are screwing with the lives and safety of your fellow servicemembers, not Obama, if you choke and they move out, which is unacceptable.

txradioguy
02-01-2012, 03:21 PM
You execute the mission and let Congress sort it out with the Prez, in the courts if necessary. You are screwing with the lives and safety of your fellow servicemembers, not Obama, if you choke and they move out, which is unacceptable.

Bingo!

namvet
02-01-2012, 03:31 PM
I worked with classified docs and when I got my clearance an officer stuck his finger in my face and said you lose just 1 doc and you'll be in Levenworth for life.

enslaved1
02-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Oathkeepers.org (http://oathkeepers.org/oath/)

Heard these guys on the radio recently, haven't read through the whole site/bylaws/ect yet, but the general idea is that our men and women took an oath to protect and uphold the Constitution, and if orders go against the Constitution, the orders should not be followed. The main focus is the military being used against US citizens, such as taking people's guns, performing warrantless searches, ect.

Rockntractor
02-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Oathkeepers.org (http://oathkeepers.org/oath/)

Heard these guys on the radio recently, haven't read through the whole site/bylaws/ect yet, but the general idea is that our men and women took an oath to protect and uphold the Constitution, and if orders go against the Constitution, the orders should not be followed. The main focus is the military being used against US citizens, such as taking people's guns, performing warrantless searches, ect.

We had one here a couple of years back, he got very abusive and ended up getting banned.
If I'm not mistaken he was a 911 truther as well as Oathkeepers.org

DumbAss Tanker
02-01-2012, 04:40 PM
We had one here a couple of years back, he got very abusive and ended up getting banned.
If I'm not mistaken he was a 911 truther as well as Oathkeepers.org

Yeah...appealing basic concept, really, but it just attracted 'way too many fringe-y types. For the normal people in it, it was one of those trains you would want to debark from before it actually arrived in Crazytown.

Articulate_Ape
02-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the answers, you guys.

Rockntractor
02-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah...appealing basic concept, really, but it just attracted 'way too many fringe-y types. For the normal people in it, it was one of those trains you would want to debark from before it actually arrived in Crazytown.

The basics of what he said were sound but after he unloaded the whole deal on you it was just way out there.

namvet
02-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the answers, you guys.

http://www.chessville.com/images/Full%20Metal%20Jacket%20c.jpg

your welcome maggot !!!!!

Articulate_Ape
02-01-2012, 08:42 PM
http://www.chessville.com/images/Full%20Metal%20Jacket%20c.jpg

your welcome maggot !!!!!

That's Mister Maggot to you, sir.

Janice
02-01-2012, 10:33 PM