PDA

View Full Version : Oh, SURE. George W. and Jeb get along GREAT now. When they were kids it was a differe

Carol
02-01-2012, 01:55 PM
link
(http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002251414)

Star Member Amerigo Vespucci (27,451 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Oh, SURE. George W. and Jeb get along GREAT now. When they were kids it was a different matter.

ACTUALLY, NO.........that's Barack and Michelle.

Sorry.....you have to follow the link to see the picture.

Arroyo_Doble
02-01-2012, 01:57 PM
ACTUALLY, NO.........that's Barack and Michelle.

Sorry.....you have to follow the link to see the picture.

Wow.

JB
02-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Wow.Come on now, you know you need to elaborate.

Arroyo_Doble
02-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Come on now, you know you need to elaborate.

About the same reaction as you would get from me if you called the president a lawn jockey.

JB
02-01-2012, 05:58 PM
About the same reaction as you would get from me if you called the president a lawn jockey.I just wanted to make sure there was equal outrage whether is was GW or Barry.

Dan D. Doty
02-01-2012, 08:32 PM
CHIMP: Hey You lousy bastard! What the idea of launching a chocolate torpedo in the tub!
I was my turn next!

GORILLA: Shut your hole runt! Just because they taught ya how smoke cigars and roller skate
don't mean you're higher on the evolutionary ladder then the rest of us!

ORANGTAN : Both you dimwits shut it! I'm trying to watch The Rifleman on ME TV.
And ifI hear another out peep out of either of you,
I'll switch the signs on your cages and they'll be using both you losers
in AIDS research tomorrow!

Kay
02-01-2012, 08:37 PM
If W can be referred to relentlessly as a chimp,
then I see no reason at all that Barry can't also be.
To not say the same of Barry would be descriminatory.

SarasotaRepub
02-01-2012, 09:40 PM

RACIST!!!!!! :p:D

NJCardFan
02-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Had Obama replaced Bush in these pictures, the wailing and gnashing of teeth would have been legendary. Also, do you think the left would have been as forgiving if a movie about Obama getting assassinated would have been made? Funny how hypocritical the left can be.
http://www.aquilaarts.com/bushmonkey.jpg

http://www.celebrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/death-of-a-president-george-w-bush-assassination-film.bmp

Kay
02-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Nobody loves the W more than I do.
But I have to admit that I giggle every time I see those pictures of him side by side with the monkey.
One of the differences between us and the libtarded is a sense of humor. We can laugh at parody, they can't.

Arroyo_Doble
02-02-2012, 09:49 AM
I just wanted to make sure there was equal outrage whether is was GW or Barry.

No. It would not be equal.

noonwitch
02-02-2012, 09:58 AM
1. Part of the reason the monkey/George W. Bush jokes exist is because his name is George. Like in Curious George, the children's books. One of the others is some of his personal mannerisms that those who like him find endearing and those who hate him mock.

2. I don't think I need to explain why it is racist to call a black person a monkey and it's not racist to call a white person one. AD's explaination about lawn jockeys should be sufficient, but feigned cluelessness about racism seems to be popular among some white people, so I will be blunt. As a white person, other white people seem to think it's okay to make racist statements to me (which they always find out is a big mistake). "Porch monkeys" is the term I've heard used to describe black people sitting on their front porches, and "monkeys" was used by many of my racist relatives to describe black people in general. Context is everything, and there is a historical context to associating monkeys with african americans in a derogatory manner.

AmPat
02-02-2012, 10:01 AM

We all have our flaws, yours are just more apparent.:cool:

Arroyo_Doble
02-02-2012, 10:07 AM
1. Part of the reason the monkey/George W. Bush jokes exist is because his name is George. Like in Curious George, the children's books. One of the others is some of his personal mannerisms that those who like him find endearing and those who hate him mock.

2. I don't think I need to explain why it is racist to call a black person a monkey and it's not racist to call a white person one. AD's explaination about lawn jockeys should be sufficient, but feigned cluelessness about racism seems to be popular among some white people, so I will be blunt. As a white person, other white people seem to think it's okay to make racist statements to me (which they always find out is a big mistake). "Porch monkeys" is the term I've heard used to describe black people sitting on their front porches, and "monkeys" was used by many of my racist relatives to describe black people in general. Context is everything, and there is a historical context to associating monkeys with african americans in a derogatory manner.

It is an odd game, that's for sure.

Adam Wood
02-02-2012, 10:37 AM

2. I don't think I need to explain why it is racist to call a black person a monkey and it's not racist to call a white person one. AD's explaination about lawn jockeys should be sufficient, but feigned cluelessness about racism seems to be popular among some white people, so I will be blunt. As a white person, other white people seem to think it's okay to make racist statements to me (which they always find out is a big mistake). "Porch monkeys" is the term I've heard used to describe black people sitting on their front porches, and "monkeys" was used by many of my racist relatives to describe black people in general. Context is everything, and there is a historical context to associating monkeys with african americans in a derogatory manner.Actually, I think you do.

The Left's claim is that they were just pointing out how stupid W is/was when they used monkeys to describe W. I personally think that Obama is dumb as a fucking signpost. So if I use a monkey to describe Obama, particularly his more than obvious stupidity, then why is it somehow racist?

The only possible answer is that the Left is, as usual, engaging in double standards. This particular one is just especially funny because they utterly and completely did it to themselves, and now they don't like it.

Arroyo_Doble
02-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Actually, I think you do.

The Left's claim is that they were just pointing out how stupid W is/was when they used monkeys to describe W. I personally think that Obama is dumb as a fucking signpost. So if I use a monkey to describe Obama, particularly his more than obvious stupidity, then why is it somehow racist?

The only possible answer is that the Left is, as usual, engaging in double standards. This particular one is just especially funny because they utterly and completely did it to themselves, and now they don't like it.

"You really sussed it out there, Sherlock. Bush isn't black."

~ Norm

Adam Wood
02-02-2012, 10:49 AM

~ NormSo, it's a double-standard, then. Well, thank you for admitting the Left's inherent racism.

Arroyo_Doble
02-02-2012, 11:05 AM
So, it's a double-standard, then. Well, thank you for admitting the Left's inherent racism.

I guess you haven't sussed it out after all.

wwworkingguy
02-02-2012, 11:06 AM
W was somewhat awkward looking at times.... it was humorous.

But personally, I cannot stomach looking at that cardboard creep in the Whitehouse we have now.
Every time I see his image or hear his voice a feel a deep disgust.

AmPat
02-02-2012, 11:20 AM

~ NormI will only refer to the half white part of the Monkey In Chief then------------Better?:rolleyes:

Adam Wood
02-02-2012, 11:22 AM
I guess you haven't sussed it out after all.It seems pretty clear that I have. The Left is caught up in their inherent racism and they don't like that they've been caught.

Surprise, surprise.

Lanie
02-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Nobody loves the W more than I do.
But I have to admit that I giggle every time I see those pictures of him side by side with the monkey.
One of the differences between us and the libtarded is a sense of humor. We can laugh at parody, they can't.

I can laugh at a parody if the person doing it does it right. They have to do it right.

Lanie
02-02-2012, 11:49 AM

Exactly.

If white people had a history of being called porch monkeys, then the Bush pictures would be racism. However, white people don't have a history for that, so it's not racism. It's just being a jerk.

Now, if you ever find a box of crackers with a white politician's name on them, get back to me.

Adam Wood
02-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Exactly.

If white people had a history of being called porch monkeys, then the Bush pictures would be racism. However, white people don't have a history for that, so it's not racism. It's just being a jerk.

Now, if you ever find a box of crackers with a white politician's name on them, get back to me.Ah. So we are right back to the Leftist double-standard. Pictures comparing Bush to a monkey can be in any context: humorous, he's stupid, he's "not curious," he's "Curious George," etc. Pictures comparing Obama to a monkey can only be in the context of racism. It's utterly impossible that anyone could think that Obama is stupid without being a racist.

Nice double-standard.

Novaheart
02-02-2012, 12:17 PM
About the same reaction as you would get from me if you called the president a lawn jockey.

Well, don't get too self righteous. A lawn jockey has a legitimate purpose, ie a hitching post. President Obama, not so much.

txradioguy
02-02-2012, 12:20 PM

Of course not fanboy. :rolleyes:

Novaheart
02-02-2012, 12:21 PM

Because we don't have a national history of treating blue blooded Episcopalians as being subhuman primates, or likening them to apes as a group. There is your reason.

Your "logic" is like saying that they called Laura Bush "pickles" so you see no reason why they can't call Michelle "watermelon" , after all, they are both vegetables.

Novaheart
02-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Ah. So we are right back to the Leftist double-standard. Pictures comparing Bush to a monkey can be in any context: humorous, he's stupid, he's "not curious," he's "Curious George," etc. Pictures comparing Obama to a monkey can only be in the context of racism. It's utterly impossible that anyone could think that Obama is stupid without being a racist.

Nice double-standard.

Some things simply are the way they are. Call a man a "dick" and no one cares. Call a woman a "cword" and it's a bannable offense, even on this BBS and yours if I am not mistaken.

txradioguy
02-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Ah. So we are right back to the Leftist double-standard. Pictures comparing Bush to a monkey can be in any context: humorous, he's stupid, he's "not curious," he's "Curious George," etc. Pictures comparing Obama to a monkey can only be in the context of racism. It's utterly impossible that anyone could think that Obama is stupid without being a racist.

Nice double-standard.

Amazing how a Lib turns into a contorsionist to defend THEIR racism and why it's justified while claiming Republicans are the REAL racists?

Reminds of of that time in Maryland when people in the crowd at a rally for a black man running for the Senate tossed Oreo cookies at him.

Oh...wait....

Or that conservative editorial cartoonist that drew the cartoon of Condi Rice labelling a "House Nigga".

Oh...yeah...that's right...

Wait I got it...remember when that Conservative entertainer called Colin Powell a "house negro"...

Whoops...

Novaheart
02-02-2012, 12:28 PM
"Porch monkeys" is the term I've heard used to describe black people sitting on their front porches,

Traditionally, "porch monkey" is only a reference to black children too young to work on the farm. Children are naturally likened to monkeys, because they crawl around, squeal, and cling to their mothers like juvenile apes. Just thought I would clear that up.

Rebel Yell
02-02-2012, 12:36 PM

This is from my hometown. I know these guys.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3wi9HWUIsY

NJCardFan
02-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Exactly.

Now, if you ever find a box of crackers with a white politician's name on them, get back to me.

I love the backward thinking. It's not racism to compare a white person to a chimp just like it's not racism if a black person calls another black person the N word. :rolleyes:

Bailey
02-02-2012, 01:12 PM
This is from my hometown. I know these guys.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3wi9HWUIsY

Why do black people get shirts made up to commemorate a family get together? Its mainly a South thing ive noticed :D

Odysseus
02-02-2012, 01:59 PM
The problem isn't that calling Bush a chimp wasn't racist while calling Obama one could be (and let's be fair, racists have repeatedly compared blacks to other primates, so it's not like it isn't a racist meme when directed at them), it's that the level of disrespect shown for Bush by liberals is far greater than that shown for Obama by conservatives. Bush was vilified in the press as a mass-murderer, and incompetent, an idiot and a monster, while various leftards even fantasized about his assassination (they even made a movie about it). That same press considers a target on a map to be an incitement to murder when directed at a Democrat's congressional district, and equate every criticism of Obama with racism, because they have no substantive arguments against those criticisms.

In other words, it's okay for the left to say anything that they want about us, but any criticism of them is out of bounds and morally suspect. That's the problem.

Arroyo_Doble
02-02-2012, 02:06 PM
The problem isn't that calling Bush a chimp wasn't racist while calling Obama one could be (and let's be fair, racists have repeatedly compared blacks to other primates, so it's not like it isn't a racist meme when directed at them), it's that the level of disrespect shown for Bush by liberals is far greater than that shown for Obama by conservatives. Bush was vilified in the press as a mass-murderer, and incompetent, an idiot and a monster, while various leftards even fantasized about his assassination (they even made a movie about it). That same press considers a target on a map to be an incitement to murder when directed at a Democrat's congressional district, and equate every criticism of Obama with racism, because they have no substantive arguments against those criticisms.

In other words, it's okay for the left to say anything that they want about us, but any criticism of them is out of bounds and morally suspect. That's the problem.

You are rationalizing.

I could draw a political cartoon with Obama pulling the strings of Hollywood and The Media as a leering puppetmaster. Hell, I could even hook his nose a bit. No one would blink.

Think the same would apply to Bibi?

Explain it to Adam. He's kinda thick.

txradioguy
02-02-2012, 02:15 PM
You are rationalizing.

And you're so full of crap fanboy that it's coming out your ears.

Given that you're the kid of rationalizing...you're having a pot meet kettle moment accusing anyone else here of being that way.

AmPat
02-02-2012, 02:17 PM
You are rationalizing.

I could draw a political cartoon with Obama pulling the strings of Hollywood and The Media as a leering puppetmaster. Hell, I could even hook his nose a bit. No one would blink.

Pot-kettle-----------BLACK!:eek::rolleyes:

Kay
02-02-2012, 03:06 PM
I can laugh at a parody if the person doing it does it right. They have to do it right.

Oh I see now. Lanie is the parody police and must approve all attempts at humor
here before they are posted to ensure they are "right." Keep this mind everyone.

Arroyo_Doble
02-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Pot-kettle-----------BLACK!:eek::rolleyes:

I have never really understood that expression. The color of the pot has nothing to do with the color of the kettle.

AmPat
02-02-2012, 04:02 PM
I have never really understood that expression. The color of the pot has nothing to do with the color of the kettle.

Simple concepts usually do elude liberals. Profound stupidity is part of the disease.;)

Odysseus
02-02-2012, 04:41 PM
You are rationalizing.

Rationalizing? No. In fact, I did agree that a monkey reference to a black man had a racial connotation that it didn't with a white. However, the volume and degree of insulting, boorish and otherwise ugly behavior towards Bush by the left is still greater than the right's behavior towards Obama, and that's how the left likes it.

JB
02-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I could draw a political cartoon with Obama pulling the strings of Hollywood and The Media as a leering puppetmaster.Can I draw a cartoon of Wall Steet pulling the strings of Obama and refer to him as a Tom? Or is that also racist?

txradioguy
02-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Can I draw a cartoon of Wall Steet pulling the strings of Obama and refer to him as a Tom? Or is that also racist?

Aww c'mon JB you know the rules of this game. If its a person of color and they are Conservative any and all racial slurs and bigoted racially tinged drawings and comments are allowed and even encouraged.

If that person of color is a liberal the. You can't even mention the Founding Fathers or the term "poor work ethic" without having the PC police cite your for using "racist code words".