PDA

View Full Version : After cutting ties with Planned Parenthood, Komen donations up 100 percent

txradioguy
02-03-2012, 05:28 AM
In the wake of this week’s announcement that Susan G. Komen for the Cure will no longer be awarding grants to Planned Parenthood, the breast cancer organization’s donations have gone up 100 percent in the last two days.

On a Thursday conference call Nancy Brinker, the founder and CEO of the Komen Foundation, told reporters that the organization is “singularly focused” on combating breast cancer, and that the politics of the decision to stop funding Planned Parenthood has been distracting from their mission.

Nevertheless, since cutting ties, Brinker announced that Komen’s donations have gone up in the last two days — by 100 percent.

“Our donations are up 100 percent in the past two days. With all of the emotion around these issues — which we understand, we get emotional too, we do this every single day of our lives,” Brinker said, explaining that they do not make decisions to be popular, they make them to fight cancer.

On Wednesday Planned Parenthood reported that since Komen ended the relationship, the abortion provider has pulled in $400,000. According to CNN, following the announcement 6,000 donors gave to Planned Parenthood through online contributions.

While pro-choicers believe the decision to sever the relationship was based in politics, Komen continues to argue that the decision was based on internal policy changes which dictate more stringent criteria for grants — which Planned Parenthood does not meet, including the fact that Planned Parenthood is under congressional investigation and does not offer on-site screening, having to refer patients for mammograms, treatment and diagnosis elsewhere.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/02/after-cutting-ties-with-planned-parenthood-komen-donations-up-100-percent/

Odysseus
02-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Planned Parenthood is under congressional investigation and does not offer on-site screening, having to refer patients for mammograms, treatment and diagnosis elsewhere.

In other words, Planned Parenthood runs abortion mills, and any other women's health issues are outsourced to people who actually care about them.

Janice
02-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Add to the mix ...

Don’t Cry for Komen’s Break With Planned Parenthood (http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/02/02/komen-break-with-planned-parenthood/#more-782594)
Commentary Magazine

Earlier this week, the Susan G. Komen Foundation announced it would no longer be providing funding for organizations under investigation by governmental agencies. Thanks to this new policy, grants to Planned Parenthood (which totaled $680,000 last year) would cease. >>>

The left immediately went into spin mode, claiming the funds were used for breast screenings and without Komen’s grants, women’s health would be jeopardized. >>>

With the freeing up of funds from an organization who do next to nothing for breast health, the Komen Foundation will now be free to use these resources to bankroll organizations who provide wide-ranging breast services for women around the world. For those who are upset that Planned Parenthood will no longer have this grant opportunity, they are free to donate to Planned Parenthood directly (and they are). Given the fact that Planned Parenthood is actually a profitable business (netting $18.5 million last year), if women’s health is truly their top priority, it won’t suffer without Komen.

--------------------------------------------------------

What do you now? Now we see how that for the leftist at Planned parenthood its really just another pay check. Makes one wonder how much their executives are paid from the donations they receive? Poor, poor planned parenthood. Typical leftst tripe.

This is the point I wanted to add.

txradioguy
02-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Add to the mix ...

What do you now? Now we see how that for the leftist at Planned parenthood its really just another pay check. Makes one wonder how much their executives are paid from the donations they receive? Poor, poor planned parenthood. Typical leftst tripe.

This is the point I wanted to add.

Whatever donations that Komen was giving them...it's obvious it was a drop in the bucket. Which proves this is more about forcing people to accept murder of the unborn as "normal" and a "right" than it is anything to do with women's health.

linda22003
02-03-2012, 12:44 PM
This just in - Komen got too much flak, and they're supporting Planned Parenthood again.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/02/report-komen-reverses-decision-to-cut-planned-parenthood-funding/1

Odysseus
02-03-2012, 02:08 PM
This just in - Komen got too much flak, and they're supporting Planned Parenthood again.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/02/report-komen-reverses-decision-to-cut-planned-parenthood-funding/1

I saw. How utterly despicable and gutless.

linda22003
02-03-2012, 02:09 PM

It's old news now; I posted it first but on the least used of the threads! :p

ABC in Georgia
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM

So, much for integrity! ... >Grrr!<

I give up! :mad:

~ ABC

fettpett
02-03-2012, 05:30 PM
I wonder how many people are calling to demand their money back