PDA

View Full Version : Pupper fight!!

SarasotaRepub
02-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Cute widdle Bella Blue is at the Vet with a nasty looking gash on her right side thanks to her "buddy" Darlene! :eek: We just got back from the vet...

Darlene may have even punctured Bella's chest but we don't know that for sure yet. We didn't see the whole fight, just the end. Greyhound skin is very thin so Bella is gonna need some stiches.

These two have been getting along fine up to this morning. To say that Darlene is in the "Dog House" is an understatement. SLW is not a happy camper.

Darlene on the othe paw, seems quite pleased with herself. :mad:

Dawgs...

Novaheart
02-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Cute widdle Bella Blue is at the Vet with a nasty looking gash on her right side thanks to her "buddy" Darlene! :eek: We just got back from the vet...

Darlene may have even punctured Bella's chest but we don't know that for sure yet. We didn't see the whole fight, just the end. Greyhound skin is very thin so Bella is gonna need some stiches.

These two have been getting along fine up to this morning. To say that Darlene is in the "Dog House" is an understatement. SLW is not a happy camper.

Darlene on the othe paw, seems quite pleased with herself. :mad:

Dawgs...

Weird. It's hard to imagine a greyhound being aggressive. Was there a toy involved?

SarasotaRepub
02-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Weird. It's hard to imagine a greyhound being aggressive. Was there a toy involved?

Nope, they were out in the backyard. Bella likes to run way more than Darlene and if I had to guess I'd say she bumped Darlene the wrong way and she lashed out. Greys can be quite the fighters if they want to...

Bailey
02-03-2012, 02:38 PM
I guess you have to let them work it out, my dad brought a female golden into his house (2 males already there) she would go after the males well thats until the larger male took matters into his own paws and put her in her place. Never had a problem after that. Not saying they will fight but I guess they are still feeling each other out and tussles will probably arise :(

SarasotaRepub
02-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Just heard from the vet and Bella is fine, we can pick her up around 5. She's all patched up.:)

Lucky for Darlene too.:D

AmPat
02-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Just heard from the vet and Bella is fine, we can pick her up around 5. She's all patched up.:)

Lucky for Darlene too.:D

Greyt news! My little dog Koko is more aggressive than Thunder (see pick in pet pic thread). Good thing, I've seen thunder crack through large bones easily and large rawhides? Puh-leeze. Pfft, like divinity.
When I got them, they did a little chest thumping until they sorted it out.

SarasotaRepub
02-03-2012, 03:28 PM
I'll post some pics of Bella tonight.

Darlene is NOT acting like she did when we lost Xena, she is going to be surprised when Bella comes running back in.:D

marv
02-03-2012, 03:32 PM
...they did a little chest thumping until they sorted it out.

That's the object. It's all about identification and "ownership". It's "I was here first, and this place is MINE!" But they can figger things out if left alone...under supervision of course...http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/images/smilies/wink.gif

Been there, done that many times.

AmPat
02-03-2012, 03:34 PM
I'll post some pics of Bella tonight.

Darlene is NOT acting like she did when we lost Xena, she is going to be surprised when Bella comes running back in.:D
A Groast!???:eek:

http://i41.tinypic.com/s2d5r6.jpg
Oh! Almost 4-got-----------------------------------------Thunder, da, da, da, da, da, da, da, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! THUNDER!
http://i39.tinypic.com/2mgus7p.jpg

Hawkgirl
02-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Darlene is officially the Alphadog.

Glad to hear Bella is fine.

SarasotaRepub
02-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Here is da Princess Bella Blue...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/3b8071ca.jpg

:eek:

And the vet thinks she ripped herself open on a plant in the yard. It's possible and we're going to do some trimming tomorrow. Darlene gave her a huge sniffing over when we got home!!!

Bailey
02-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Poor puppy dog :(

Rockntractor
02-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Looks like Bella got T-boned in a high speed collision by Darlene's pointy nose, it was just an accident!:eek:

SaintLouieWoman
02-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Looks like Bella got T-boned in a high speed collision by Darlene's pointy nose, it was just an accident!:eek:
The vet said she examined Bella very carefully when she did the surgery. She said there was a tear and many scratches, more indicative of being scratched by something in the yard. She said there was no puncture wound or evidence of something (like Darlene's teeth) hurting Bella.

Her other owie is on the back of her neck. When we got her, she had a small bump there. During her visit to the vet for a checkup, the vet aspirated it with a needle and said it was a little cyst. We were told to watch it. It was getting bigger and we were getting ready to take her in anyway to be microchipped and have that cyst removed.

It's good that we went in today, as the vet said that the cyst was getting infected. The $500 bill for fixing all that wasn't pleasant, but since $62 of that was for the chipping and she actually had 2 surgeries, I guess it wasn't bad. The vets down here are pretty expensive. These vets aren't as bad and seem very nice. It's one of those all female practices---3 female vets.

I'm just glad that it doesn't look like Darlene is an assasin dog. She's actually been pretty nice to Bella since Bella came home. I felt terrible when I thought that Darlene had hurt the little one.

Bailey
02-03-2012, 10:18 PM
The vet said she examined Bella very carefully when she did the surgery. She said there was a tear and many scratches, more indicative of being scratched by something in the yard. She said there was no puncture wound or evidence of something (like Darlene's teeth) hurting Bella.

Her other owie is on the back of her neck. When we got her, she had a small bump there. During her visit to the vet for a checkup, the vet aspirated it with a needle and said it was a little cyst. We were told to watch it. It was getting bigger and we were getting ready to take her in anyway to be microchipped and have that cyst removed.

It's good that we went in today, as the vet said that the cyst was getting infected. The $500 bill for fixing all that wasn't pleasant, but since $62 of that was for the chipping and she actually had 2 surgeries, I guess it wasn't bad. The vets down here are pretty expensive. These vets aren't as bad and seem very nice. It's one of those all female practices---3 female vets.

I'm just glad that it doesn't look like Darlene is an assasin dog. She's actually been pretty nice to Bella since Bella came home. I felt terrible when I thought that Darlene had hurt the little one.

Sorry to hear about your puppy :(

I hope she gets better soon.

lurkalot
02-03-2012, 10:24 PM
YEAH FOR DARLENE! Vindication! I hope all of you who jumped to the wrong conclusion are ashamed of yourself! If the bite don't fit, you must acquit!!
I had some real worries when John moved in because his cat "THE BEAST" was used to being the ONLY cat and having John's total attention. Lilly's cat, "Ozzy" is a huge orange former tom cat who's only goal in life is a nap. We held our breath and they turned out to be the best of friends, cuddling and curling up together and playing and sharing catnip toys. Then one of my staff members came to my office, she had been given a ticket for too many dogs in her home. One of the little fluff ball yappers had to go. What could I do? She was in my office crying! I had paperwork to get done! So we got a bouncy yappy fluff ball and thought for sure that "The Beast" would tear her apart. Fortunately the dog thinks she is a cat, so now all three play together and snuggle up together. I had been picturing enormous vet bills and they surprised us!

Hawkgirl
02-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Here is da Princess Bella Blue...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/3b8071ca.jpg

:eek:

And the vet thinks she ripped herself open on a plant in the yard. It's possible and we're going to do some trimming tomorrow. Darlene gave her a huge sniffing over when we got home!!!

Wow, that looks worse that I'd imagined. I hope she has a speedy recovery, poor Bella:(

I don't see how Darlene could've done that...maybe it was outside on a shrub. Either way, hope she heals up real soon.

SaintLouieWoman
02-03-2012, 10:31 PM
YEAH FOR DARLENE! Vindication! I hope all of you who jumped to the wrong conclusion are ashamed of yourself! If the bite don't fit, you must acquit!!
I had some real worries when John moved in because his cat "THE BEAST" was used to being the ONLY cat and having John's total attention. Lilly's cat, "Ozzy" is a huge orange former tom cat who's only goal in life is a nap. We held our breath and they turned out to be the best of friends, cuddling and curling up together and playing and sharing catnip toys. Then one of my staff members came to my office, she had been given a ticket for too many dogs in her home. One of the little fluff ball yappers had to go. What could I do? She was in my office crying! I had paperwork to get done! So we got a bouncy yappy fluff ball and thought for sure that "The Beast" would tear her apart. Fortunately the dog thinks she is a cat, so now all three play together and snuggle up together. I had been picturing enormous vet bills and they surprised us!
So glad that it all worked out. Lilly must be delighted to have another cat and now a dog. Her cup overfloweth, with a good daddy and all the pets. You'll never know how happy I am for you.

My son had a little dog named Snoopy (little mutt he found on the street) and a black cat named Felix. They were about the same size. The two of them snuggled together and chased each other (playfully) all around his apartment. I used to love watching them play.

What kind of a little dog is it?

Bella is snoozing right now in the bedroom and Darlene is in here in the 3rd bedroom/computer room with me. I'm just so glad that Darlene is exonerated and embarassed that she was the number 1 suspect. :o

SaintLouieWoman
02-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Wow, that looks worse that I'd imagined. I hope she has a speedy recovery, poor Bella:(

I don't see how Darlene could've done that...maybe it was outside on a shrub. Either way, hope she heals up real soon.

We have an orange tree outside that produces very few blood oranges. The Valencia orange tree produces so many oranges that I give a lot away and keep busy squeezing those oranges for juice.

The non-producer is smaller, but has thorns on it. It's getting a drastic pruning tomorrow, all the lower branches. That's the only thing that I can think of that could have gotten her.

You can't see from the pic, but she has a significant amount of stitching on her neck, too. You can see just part of the little patch. Poor girl. Tomorrow we're going to put a t-shirt on her to protect her from scratching it. The wound on the neck is where we'd have to put one of those Elizabethan collars to keep her from scratching her side, but it would irritate the neck.

We're just going to have to watch her very carefully.

Lanie
02-04-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry about your pup. Hope she gets better soon.

AmPat
02-04-2012, 12:01 PM
What did you expect from a dog that crashes at 60 miles an hour, bruises??? :D
She'll heal nicely and dogs have a high tolerance for pain. Still, they can give dogs a little pharmaceutical assistance.

SaintLouieWoman
02-04-2012, 12:20 PM
What did you expect from a dog that crashes at 60 miles an hour, bruises??? :D
She'll heal nicely and dogs have a high tolerance for pain. Still, they can give dogs a little pharmaceutical assistance.
Bella is a baby---she whined when she lay down on the side with the incision. And she does have pain pills, Rimadyl. The vet originally had us giving her one last night, then changed it til this am. Bella was crying, so we started her out with a half last night. Then she settled down and went to sleep.

Bella is a nut running around the yard. She just really picks up speed in a relatively small areas and makes some really tight turns.

AmPat
02-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Bella is a baby---she whined when she lay down on the side with the incision. And she does have pain pills, Rimadyl. The vet originally had us giving her one last night, then changed it til this am. Bella was crying, so we started her out with a half last night. Then she settled down and went to sleep.

Bella is a nut running around the yard. She just really picks up speed in a relatively small areas and makes some really tight turns.

That's what I gave my pups but it was for a tooth extraction. I gave some to Thunder after a 13 mile run. He was very sore the next day and limped a few steps after lying down for awhile. He reminded me of,,,,,,,,,,ME!

Hope she recovers completely. If she starts limping or favoring the injured side after healing, try placing bandages on the opposite side. (They like attention).

SaintLouieWoman
02-04-2012, 02:51 PM
That's what I gave my pups but it was for a tooth extraction. I gave some to Thunder after a 13 mile run. He was very sore the next day and limped a few steps after lying down for awhile. He reminded me of,,,,,,,,,,ME!

Hope she recovers completely. If she starts limping or favoring the injured side after healing, try placing bandages on the opposite side. (They like attention).
I have some special oil to reduce scarring for my knee surgery recommended by the physical therapist. After her stitches are removed, SR got the idea of getting the OK from the vet and putting it on Bella's incisions.

It's been doing a fair job on my knee, but the thing is still red on the top part of the incision. At least the horrible alligator looking skin is gone. I'll never wear shorts, too embarassed by that big scar.

AmPat
02-05-2012, 11:45 AM
I have some special oil to reduce scarring for my knee surgery recommended by the physical therapist. After her stitches are removed, SR got the idea of getting the OK from the vet and putting it on Bella's incisions.

It's been doing a fair job on my knee, but the thing is still red on the top part of the incision. At least the horrible alligator looking skin is gone. I'll never wear shorts, too embarassed by that big scar.

I thought "chicks dig scars???":confused::)

SaintLouieWoman
02-05-2012, 03:26 PM
I thought "chicks dig scars???":confused::)
Not on themselves, at least I don't. I hate that zipper on my knee, thought it would be smaller. It's at least 8 inches long above and below the knee. It's weird, it's almost disappeared on the knee itself, but the part above the knee on the thigh is still red. At least most of the horrible black and blue is gone.

I'm celebrating, though. I've been working like crazy at physical therapy and at home to get the darned knee flexion beyond a miserable 90 degrees (it was down to 61 degrees after an incompetent PT messed it up). Friday they measured it at 100, which is an accomplishment after all the squats and knee bends I've been doing.