d_va
09-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Sorry about this:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by NBC Universal

I'll update with the NBC link as soon as I can find it. :(

New link in original post.

gator
09-14-2008, 12:33 PM
The assumption in that sketch was that Hilary had a right to the position and Sarah did not.

It made Sarah look dumb. Another Liberal hatchet job and Americans laughed it up.

Phillygirl
09-14-2008, 12:40 PM
The assumption in that sketch was that Hilary had a right to the position and Sarah did not.

It made Sarah look dumb. Another Liberal hatchet job and Americans laughed it up.

Very true. But it was good satire, nonetheless. Now if they would just quit shilling for Obama they could be truly funny.

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Very true. But it was good satire, nonetheless. Now if they would just quit shilling for Obama they could be truly funny.

I agree. I also would like to see the comedy writers be equal opportunity offenders. I love good satire. I'd just like to see it spead around a little more evenly (actually, a lot more evenly). There is plenty about Obama to poke fun at if they only would.

Odysseus
09-14-2008, 10:46 PM
I agree. I also would like to see the comedy writers be equal opportunity offenders. I love good satire. I'd just like to see it spead around a little more evenly (actually, a lot more evenly). There is plenty about Obama to poke fun at if they only would.

Yeah, but they won't. When Al Franken was the head writer, SNL toned down the Clinton jokes, even during the Lewinsky scandal. It was obvious that they were in the tank for him. Now it's Obama. I haven't watched the show in years except for an occasional peek to see if it had gotten any better, but as near as I can tell, they've pretty much abandoned the whole idea of comedy.

LibraryLady
09-15-2008, 08:38 AM
OmmmSweetOmmm Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-15-08 07:56 AM
Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7072030)
On Today Show, Al Roker just said that Tina Fey has scheduled 10 SNL appearances!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

They have also shown 3 clips of the Palin/Clinton skit!!!!

I am waiting for reality to hit........

OmmmSweetOmmm Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-15-08 08:02 AM
Response to Reply #2
3. It would go on until after the election!

Yep, it will be after she's the Veep.:D

Molon Labe
09-15-2008, 10:17 AM

Yep. They like to tout "experience" as who has been in Washington longer spending other people's money.

Odysseus
09-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Yep. They like to tout "experience" as who has been in Washington longer spending other people's money.

Since those are the only people that they deal with on a daily basis, that's the only kind of experience the media understands. They have massive Washington bureaus, but when was the last time that they actually interviewed the governor of Alaska, or any other state besides NY or CA (excepting a scandal)? They didn't have a clue who she was until the announcement came down (although they were sure able to dig up every bit of rumor and innuendo in the state within a very short period of time, thanks to the fact that the guys who they did know, the fixers and execs, had lots of axes to grind). Notice how for the first twenty-four hour news cycle, almost everything that the media reported about her came from the Wikipedia article on her and the official Alaska website.