PDA

View Full Version : More reasons to hate Walmart! (my letter today)

SarasotaRepub
02-04-2012, 10:21 PM
A Wal-Mart hater at DU???? (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002268449):eek:

Sat Feb 4, 2012, 06:25 PM
Bennyboy

More reasons to hate Walmart! (my letter today)

I visited the Store in Citrus Heights CA yesterday (Feb 3-2012) after a week off and I was APPALLED! Not in one, or even two, but in many ways.

We'll start with pretty appalling and go too Horribly appalling.

PRETTY APPALLING:

MUZAK! One of the reasons I go to Walmart, over all the other stores in the area, is because there is never music in there (holidays excepted). Or if there is (sometimes in Sporting Goods), it is so low you cannot hear it very well.
Yesterday, it was loud, all over the store, AND LAME. (Roseanna!!!!)

I am the caregiver for 4 senior citizens and go to that Walmart all the time, perhaps ten times on one week, with about five of those times vvisits over an hour long (Seniors, you know). So for me to be in a place where I feel as if I am being assaulted by music that I detest for any amount of time is not doable.

I spend my life avoiding music like that. As a musician, it is like being assaulted while shopping and it only makes me want to leave the store as soon as possible. (AND STOP SHOPPING!!!!!) Really, it doesn't matter if it music I like, (instead of Roseanna, one of the songs I heard yesterday ) or whatever, you do not have to make anyone feel this way when shopping.

In situations like this, after complaining, i usually stop going to that store or that chain of stores, permanently if it continues the next time I go in.

After that, I will take my business elsewhere.

STILL PRETTY APPALLING BUT IN A DIFFERENT WAY:

I noticed that you went back to using plastic bags at that store. Why? I thought it was working out well the other way. Now the checkers loaded my goods with plastic before they used the bags I brought and wrapped everything in plastic before they put it in my bags.

PROBABLY 150,000 BAGS EVERY DAY FROM JUST THAT STORE? (Correct me if you can, I am just guessing there).

I used to think it was cool of you to do away with the plstic, but ic an see that was just a publicity stunt.Funny how the switch back did not come with the nearly the fanfare that came when Walmart stopped using plastic bags.

Why not switch to a biodegradable bag? Surely Walmart could open a plant using hemp oil to produce bags in a country that has hemp production just to produce their own bags, clamshells, and other containers, now made of oil and are pollutants and permanent litter....... talk about a PR Move...Probably save kajillions of dollars too.

HORRIBLY APPALLING
was seeing Captain Morgan's rum drinks in the checkout aisle. I see the drinks in a bag, with a cartoonish logo, are right up front at the register. ALCOHOLIC (hard drinks) bbeverages are at the checkout!?!?!?!?!?! I am sure kids are confused seeing that product mixed in with Candy bars and the other "child targeted" items in the aisle.). And they are right at teenagers eye level, and we know that teens and booze aren't a good mixture right?

Are you deliberately marketing these to children? Someone is. At least "brand planting".

Really take em off the checkout and put them back in the liquor aisle. Pretty irresponsible to make a few bucks. It is bad enough that you use the checkout aisle to sell diabetes and heart attacks to children. Don't sell them alcoholism too....

I'm appalled he's appalled!!!:D

Novaheart
02-04-2012, 11:09 PM

I'm a Paul, too.

But cereally, I hate Walmart. So why do I shop there? Because I save money. But here are my complaints anyway.

• The customers at Walmart are disproportionately stupid, obnoxious, and socially inept. Many of them have no concept of the traditional rules of the road, which explains the damage on their vehicles.

• All those kids can't possibly be the children of that one woman. And if you aren't going to let them choose anything, buy anything, or get anything that they want, will you please tell me why you brought them with you? The eldest is certainly old enough to stay at home with the rest.

•*I can hear your kid screaming and whining. I have been hearing it for 45 minutes. Are you deaf? Yes, that was me yelling "Shut the hell up." across aisle 14.

• Is the old alcoholic with the scotch and cigars voice really the only one who knows how to use a public address system? And Why are you still using a public address system, HellO! It's 2012!!!

• If you stop me and ask me for my receipt, I am going to turn around and go to the customer service counter and return the entire cart of groceries. I have complied with this inexcusable imposition twice in ten years, and I only allow it once every ten years.

Apache
02-04-2012, 11:30 PM
I am currently at the home of Wal-Mart... Arkansas. Hardy to be exact. Something I've noticed around here, is that the Wal-Mart isn't that heavily used (Ash Flats) but the local Mom & Pop's are the goto places. They also have American made products in these stores...

Not that it means much, just thought I'd throw that out :p

Apache
02-04-2012, 11:31 PM
A Wal-Mart hater at DU???? (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002268449):eek:

I'm a Pepper...:cool:

NJCardFan
02-05-2012, 01:35 AM
I'm a Paul, too.

But cereally, I hate Walmart. So why do I shop there? Because I save money. But here are my complaints anyway.

• The customers at Walmart are disproportionately stupid, obnoxious, and socially inept. Many of them have no concept of the traditional rules of the road, which explains the damage on their vehicles.

Um, you just admitted you shop there too. Doesn't that mean that you, too, are "disproportionatly stupid, obnoxious, and socially inept"?

• All those kids can't possibly be the children of that one woman. And if you aren't going to let them choose anything, buy anything, or get anything that they want, will you please tell me why you brought them with you? The eldest is certainly old enough to stay at home with the rest.
Kind of you to tell someone else how to raise their children.

•*I can hear your kid screaming and whining. I have been hearing it for 45 minutes. Are you deaf? Yes, that was me yelling "Shut the hell up." across aisle 14.

And yet you don't have the balls to say it to their face. Typical liberal. you remind me of these inmates who talk shit from behind the door of a locked cell and when I'm 50 feet away. We call them cell gangsters. Well, you're an aisle gangster.

• Is the old alcoholic with the scotch and cigars voice really the only one who knows how to use a public address system? And Why are you still using a public address system, HellO! It's 2012!!!

And how do you know they're an alcoholic? Do you have proof or are you just being your usual shithead self? Never mind. Asked and answered. Oh, and how else are they supposed to communicate in 2012? Smoke signals?

• If you stop me and ask me for my receipt, I am going to turn around and go to the customer service counter and return the entire cart of groceries. I have complied with this inexcusable imposition twice in ten years, and I only allow it once every ten years.
They ask just about everyone to see their receipt. It takes 2 whole seconds. I guess a pox on them to try to keep shrink down. It's not like people try to shoplift or anything. :rolleyes:

Ah, Nova. The typical liberal gasbag. Like school on Christmas Day.

Novaheart
02-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Um, you just admitted you shop there too. Doesn't that mean that you, too, are "disproportionatly stupid, obnoxious, and socially inept"?

No, Snookie, it means that the customers (the group which buys things at Wamarts) is disproportionately (evident in higher percentages than the population of the nation as a whole) stupid, obnoxious, and socially inept (New Jerseyish).

Were you allowed to run around loose, squealing and annoying adults? It would explain a lot.

And yet you don't have the balls to say it to their face.

Actually, I do and I have. In stores, in restaurants. You'd be surprised how well children react to a stranger adult instructing them to be quiet. One time, I simply turned around, snapped my fingers and pointed to his chair, and I never heard another peep out of the kid during dinner. Another favorite, is "Go ask your mother why you shouldn't be doing that." or "Go tell your mother what you just said."

I don't do it all the time, because it would be a full time job. But in extreme cases it is still called for. I have found that earplugs and a calculator have changed my reaction if not improved the deportment of the Walmart shopper. The earplugs take the edge off Bourbon Betty on the PA system, the obnoxious TV sets they now have on the ends of aisles, and the calculator means that I am not trying to do math in my head whilst the flotsam and jetsam of life are recreationally shopping.

And how do you know they're an alcoholic? Do you have proof or are you just being your usual shithead self?

Alcoholism has outward symptoms. Around here, the odds are with my diagnosis. Don't take it personally, Snookie.

aka:PBS
02-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Actually, I do and I have. In stores, in restaurants. You'd be surprised how well children react to a stranger adult instructing them to be quiet. One time, I simply turned around, snapped my fingers and pointed to his chair, and I never heard another peep out of the kid during dinner. Another favorite, is "Go ask your mother why you shouldn't be doing that." or "Go tell your mother what you just said.

And if you ever did that to any of my kids.....they would be leading me out in cuffs for I would had beat you to within an inch of your life.

AmPat
02-05-2012, 12:51 PM

And yet you don't have the balls to say it to their face. Typical liberal. you remind me of these inmates who talk shit from behind the door of a locked cell and when I'm 50 feet away. We call them cell gangsters. Well, you're an aisle gangster.

And how do you know they're an alcoholic? Do you have proof or are you just being your usual shithead self? Never mind. Asked and answered. Oh, and how else are they supposed to communicate in 2012? Smoke signals?

They ask just about everyone to see their receipt. It takes 2 whole seconds. I guess a pox on them to try to keep shrink down. It's not like people try to shoplift or anything. :rolleyes:

Ah, Nova. The typical liberal gasbag. Like school on Christmas Day.
His entire rant is a summation of the typical liberal mindset. They see themselves as superior to all others. They feel entitled to dictate what is acceptable and right, and therefore entitled to legislate unpopular and illegal laws on the unwashed masses. These paragons of virtue don't really like people, they just want people to believe that liberal birthed and perpetrated lie. They are all like Dingy Harry Reid who apparently smells better than all those dirty tourists in DC every summer.

Novaheart
02-05-2012, 01:04 PM
And if you ever did that to any of my kids.....they would be leading me out in cuffs for I would had beat you to within an inch of your life.

Not in Florida you wouldn't. But rather than having that pissing contest, let's talk about community standards. When exactly is the community to begin to reign in the illparented children of others? In school? As they enter the juvenile justice system? Where exactly do the children my sister attempts to teach in public schools get the notion that they can run around and make noise at will? From parents like you? I shouldn't have thought so, but if you are willing to risk your life because some stranger hurt your pride by telling your kid to behave himself, then maybe so.

God only knows what you think you would do when I turn around as I sometimes do to loud people in stores, and ask, "Must I listen to your every thought?" Sometimes I'm really cruel- I engage them in conversation. I'll hold up a box of pasta and say, "Can you believe they put disodium phosphate in this?" It breaks their train of thought and often the theretofore unbroken stream of babble.

Is it too much to ask to shop in peace?

Odysseus
02-05-2012, 01:15 PM
No, Snookie, it means that the customers (the group which buys things at Wamarts) is disproportionately (evident in higher percentages than the population of the nation as a whole) stupid, obnoxious, and socially inept (New Jerseyish).
I porefer the term, "Blue-Statish". After all, you live in a Democratic enclave yourself, don't you?

Were you allowed to run around loose, squealing and annoying adults? It would explain a lot.
He might have been, but he grew out of it. For you, running around loose, squealing and annoying adults is your MO for CU.

Actually, I do and I have. In stores, in restaurants. You'd be surprised how well children react to a stranger adult instructing them to be quiet. One time, I simply turned around, snapped my fingers and pointed to his chair, and I never heard another peep out of the kid during dinner. Another favorite, is "Go ask your mother why you shouldn't be doing that." or "Go tell your mother what you just said."

I don't do it all the time, because it would be a full time job. But in extreme cases it is still called for. I have found that earplugs and a calculator have changed my reaction if not improved the deportment of the Walmart shopper. The earplugs take the edge off Bourbon Betty on the PA system, the obnoxious TV sets they now have on the ends of aisles, and the calculator means that I am not trying to do math in my head whilst the flotsam and jetsam of life are recreationally shopping.
It could be worse. They could be voting.

Seriously, you come off as an elitist tool in this rant. Go down to the liquor aisle. They have some very good single malts and their prices are better. Then go home and chill before you type again.

AmPat
02-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Lord forgive me but I actually agree with some of Nova's post.

Children's behavior has gone down the sewer over my lifetime. I blame it on the liberal community that foisted "live and let live," free love, etc. When I was a child, I lived under "children should be seen and not heard" and every adult was a potential belt wielder. I feared the belt of strangers because I knew that my parents would beat me again if they found out. This meant that I watched my behavior when my parents were not around. Children that incessantly wail like banshees should be given something other than their selfish desires to wail about. If that toy or candy is worth wailing over and disturbing the peace of other patrons, they should be given something more reasonable over which to wail. A few stripes across the buttocks usually brings about a change of attitude leading to a change in behavior.

I am a realist though and see that that ship has largely sailed. Therefore, I submit that beating the adults or throwing the entire family out of the store might be a better strategy.

Novaheart
02-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Therefore, I submit that beating the adults or throwing the entire family out of the store might be a better strategy.

I don't understand why Walmart doesn't make any effort to "calm" the store. The incessant PA system announcements (other stores use Borg implants now) , the television monitors running endless commercials on every other aisle, the craziness of the electronic section spilling over into linens, computers, sporting goods, the auto center staff turning up the car stereos on local channels, the speakers hanging over the pharmacy and drug store section, the blasted "beep beep beep" of malfunctioning fire and security systems, and the noise of uninsulated industrial air conditioning. All of that is under Walmart's immediate control.

Walmart could mix in some "courtesy encouragement" on those monitors, put some courtesy instructions on the front doors and in the cart station. Imagine something as simple as a sign that says, "Do not cut in line, use cellphones in line, or be rude to cashiers." or "Do not walk more than two abreast in grocery aisles."

Novaheart
02-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Seriously, you come off as an elitist tool in this rant. .

I am an elitist tool.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4e/Brian_Williams_2_by_David_Shankbone.jpg/548px-Brian_Williams_2_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

BadCat
02-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Actually, I do and I have. In stores, in restaurants. You'd be surprised how well children react to a stranger adult instructing them to be quiet.

Try that around me moonbat, and someone would be scraping you off the street.
Liberals obviously don't understand "mind you own fucking business".

Novaheart
02-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Try that around me moonbat, and someone would be scraping you off the street.
Liberals obviously don't understand "mind you own fucking business".

You would get violent and possibly shot (this is Florida) because you react inappropriately to an adult policing an unruly child? I wonder where these kids get it from?

AmPat
02-05-2012, 04:38 PM
I don't understand why Walmart doesn't make any effort to "calm" the store. The incessant PA system announcements (other stores use Borg implants now) , the television monitors running endless commercials on every other aisle, the craziness of the electronic section spilling over into linens, computers, sporting goods, the auto center staff turning up the car stereos on local channels, the speakers hanging over the pharmacy and drug store section, the blasted "beep beep beep" of malfunctioning fire and security systems, and the noise of uninsulated industrial air conditioning. All of that is under Walmart's immediate control.

Walmart could mix in some "courtesy encouragement" on those monitors, put some courtesy instructions on the front doors and in the cart station. Imagine something as simple as a sign that says, "Do not cut in line, use cellphones in line, or be rude to cashiers." or "Do not walk more than two abreast in grocery aisles."

Our local Walmart isn't at all like this. I know of one in another state but I stopped going to that one when I realized that going armed to and from the parking lot would lead to me killing a few gang members. The clientele consisted mainly of disgusting looking, ill clothed, fat minorities who obviously had no respect for themselves or others around them. There was no teaching them manners so I decided to shop elsewhere.

I was nearly drawn into a physical altercation by an extremely rude, large Black "woman" who told me to "move." I instructed her on how to properly ask somebody to move and it quickly escalated from there. Her threatening me and me informing her that I had no problem defending myself against a Sasquatch like her and would slap the stupid clean out of her, blah blah,,. There were other adult comments made by both of us.
My wife was mortified but I refuse to allow a POS like her to get away with her rude behavior. Black doesn't get one a pass from manners or an @$$ whipping.

Kay
02-06-2012, 12:49 AM
I was nearly drawn into a physical altercation by an extremely rude, large Black "woman" who told me to "move." I instructed her on how to properly ask somebody to move and it quickly escalated from there. Her threatening me and me informing her that I had no problem defending myself against a Sasquatch like her and would slap the stupid clean out of her, blah blah,.......

The incident was caught on tape:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=1_-x5jrSov8

Odysseus
02-06-2012, 12:49 AM
I am an elitist tool.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4e/Brian_Williams_2_by_David_Shankbone.jpg/548px-Brian_Williams_2_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

You are not Brian Williams.

You do realize that a gay man ranting about his dislike the children of breeders opens you up to all sorts of psychological insights?

Novaheart
02-06-2012, 01:36 AM
You do realize that a gay man ranting about his dislike the children of breeders opens you up to all sorts of psychological insights?

I didn't ask the parents what their sexual orientation was. Surely someone will study this at some point, but I am inclined to think that the sexual orientation of the parent is not operative.

JB
02-06-2012, 01:40 AM
I am always amazed by people that are amazed by what they see at Walmart.

The place is the largest retailer by a factor of 100 on this green earth of ours. Lots of people shop there. I have shopped there. I will probably be in a Walmart again in my lifetime. Even if it's to buy 100 rolls of paper towels for $8 dollars.

With that said, we all know what to expect when we walk into a Walmart. We go through the looking glass. We enter Bizarro world. Anything is possible. Stop being surprised by it.

Zathras
02-06-2012, 02:23 AM
I am a tool.

Fixed for accuracy.

NJCardFan
02-06-2012, 03:10 AM

And there goes nova with the name calling. Grow up.

BadCat
02-06-2012, 08:28 AM
You would get violent and possibly shot (this is Florida) because you react inappropriately to an adult policing an unruly child? I wonder where these kids get it from?

You are one of those people who are alive only because it is against the law to off you.

You HAVE to butt in where you don't belong, you think YOUR opinion is worth something..it's not.

AmPat
02-06-2012, 09:25 AM
The incident was caught on tape:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=1_-x5jrSov8
I'm betting it's a funny video but all I get is Superbowl commercials???:confused:

Novaheart
02-06-2012, 11:09 AM
I am always amazed by people that are amazed by what they see at Walmart.

The place is the largest retailer by a factor of 100 on this green earth of ours. Lots of people shop there. I have shopped there. I will probably be in a Walmart again in my lifetime. Even if it's to buy 100 rolls of paper towels for $8 dollars.

With that said, we all know what to expect when we walk into a Walmart. We go through the looking glass. We enter Bizarro world. Anything is possible. Stop being surprised by it.

I approve of your message. But I have to ask: are we to cease commenting on all which is offensive but ubiquitous? Doesn't social expectation or community control start in the aisles of Walmart, where you turn to the person next to you and politely inquire what country he is from and if he is here legally?

txradioguy
02-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Actually, I do and I have. In stores, in restaurants. You'd be surprised how well children react to a stranger adult instructing them to be quiet.

And if you tried that around me I'd tell you to fuck off and mind your own business.

txradioguy
02-06-2012, 11:13 AM
I approve of your message. But I have to ask: are we to cease commenting on all which is offensive but ubiquitous? Doesn't social expectation or community control start in the aisles of Walmart, where you turn to the person next to you and politely inquire what country he is from and if he is here legally?

What...the....fuck are you talking about Libtard?

BadCat
02-06-2012, 11:16 AM
What...the....fuck are you talking about Libtard?

He's trying to find out if it's OK to ask the greeter at Walmart if they have glory holes in the mens room.

AmPat
02-06-2012, 11:20 AM
I keep my verbal comments to myself,,,usually. I have on occasion, made comments out loud (just loud enough for the offensive parents to hear). It is rare when I do this and reserved only for the most blatantly offensive types. A baby crying doesn't bother me. A child wailing due to "Waah!!! I didn't get my waaaayyyy!!! Waah...." That, if prolonged and unattended, pisses me off. My children got one lesson at this and never had to have a subsequent follow-up. Still, children's behavior normally doesn't hit my RADAR, but rude adults? That demands my attention. I hate blatantly rude types. My wife is usually my restraint device, thank God. No telling how many @$$ whippings she's saved me.

txradioguy
02-06-2012, 11:26 AM
He's trying to find out if it's OK to ask the greeter at Walmart if they have glory holes in the mens room.

Who knew that Nova had a thing for 80 year old Wal-mart greeters :eek:

Novaheart
02-06-2012, 11:33 AM
A child wailing due to "Waah!!! I didn't get my waaaayyyy!!! Waah...." That, if prolonged and unattended, pisses me off. My children got one lesson at this and never had to have a subsequent follow-up. S .

Women appear to be able to tune this out with greater ease than most men. I think it might be biological.

FlaGator
02-06-2012, 12:12 PM
I perfer the dollar stores. You don't have to get all dressed up like you do when you go to Walmart.

Rockntractor
02-06-2012, 12:19 PM
I perfer the dollar stores. You don't have to get all dressed up like you do when you go to Walmart.

I wish Dollar General had a drive through, there are times when I'm not dressed up enough for them either!:(

Novaheart
02-06-2012, 12:24 PM

Speaking of which, I overheard someone (perhaps a tourist) the other night at Walmart say to his friend, "I can't believe people come to the grocery story in flip flops." Since I was wearing flip flops (or as my niece calls my slides "ghetto flip flops") and was the only other person in the aisle, I assumed he was inspired by my footwear.

IS there some taboo or social proscription on wearing sandals to a grocery store?

Rockntractor
02-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Speaking of which, I overheard someone (perhaps a tourist) the other night at Walmart say to his friend, "I can't believe people come to the grocery story in flip flops." Since I was wearing flip flops (or as my niece calls my slides "ghetto flip flops") and was the only other person in the aisle, I assumed he was inspired by my footwear.

IS there some taboo or social proscription on wearing sandals to a grocery store?

No one wants to look at your cheesed up feet while they are shopping for food Tinkerbell!:rolleyes:

jendf
02-06-2012, 01:44 PM

That tourist would shit a brick if he visited a grocery store in Phoenix in the summer. It's 100 degrees out. Be happy we put on clothes at all. :D

Tipsycatlover
02-06-2012, 02:08 PM
The nearest WalMart to me is in North Redondo Beach. The reason it is in North Redondo Beach is because the residents of Inglewood, where it was supposed to be built had some reason to scream that it would put the Korean stores, that the Inglewoodians despise anyway for overcharging for shoddly goods out of business. The store opened in North Redondo Beach which is close enough to Inglewood so all the Inglewood residents can go there and still feel like they stuck it to the man.

The store is surrounded by a 15 ft high chain link fence topped with barbed wire and concertina wire. The fence at the point where the wire is attached is angled inwards, like a prison, obviously intended to keep IN whatever was IN that they don't want to get OUT.

The store is filthy, merchanidise is strewn all over the place. Small appliance boxes are opened with pieces of whatever was in there either on the floor or stuck back in the box. The book department has pages torn out of the books litering the floor, some bearing smears of the last diaper change.

So no, I don't go to WalMart unless I go to one in a more responsible area. Out in Temecula the WalMart is clean, well stocked, with actual useable restrooms.

Kay
02-06-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm betting it's a funny video but all I get is Superbowl commercials???:confused:

Uh! I've been rick-superbowl-ads-rolled! :mad:

Odysseus
02-06-2012, 03:14 PM
I didn't ask the parents what their sexual orientation was. Surely someone will study this at some point, but I am inclined to think that the sexual orientation of the parent is not operative.

If they have kids, they were breeders, at least in the technical sense. The act of giving birth is breeding. But, if you want to use it as the derogatory term that gays use for straights, by all means, do.

Elspeth
02-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Sometimes I'm really cruel- I engage them in conversation. I'll hold up a box of pasta and say, "Can you believe they put disodium phosphate in this?" It breaks their train of thought and often the theretofore unbroken stream of babble.

ROFLMAO! :rotfl::rotfl:

Adam Wood
02-06-2012, 04:29 PM
I like Wal-Mart because they have the best deal around here for cheap practice ammo. Despite all of the other hellishness that occurs at most Hell-Marts, I find that the people in the sporting goods area are usually friendly, knowledgeable, competent, and reasonably efficient at ringing up my purchase. As such, it's not uncommon for me to go into Hell-Mart and pick up a few things, and then go and buy a brick of .40 S&W just so that I can avoid the interminable three open check-out aisles (out of forty-two that exist) and breeze out of the store.

Elspeth
02-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Women appear to be able to tune this out with greater ease than most men. I think it might be biological.

Oh no. I'll bet you a paycheck I have less tolerance for the screaming than you do. I don't go to Wal Mart at all, ever, for the same reason I don't step a foot inside Chuckie Cheese.

I don't think it was always that way. Kids have gotten worse. And your comment about asking people if they were here legally wasn't lost on me, but then I'm from California too.

Novaheart
02-06-2012, 11:00 PM
The nearest WalMart to me is in North Redondo Beach. The reason it is in North Redondo Beach is because the residents of Inglewood, where it was supposed to be built had some reason to scream that it would put the Korean stores, that the Inglewoodians despise anyway for overcharging for shoddly goods out of business. The store opened in North Redondo Beach which is close enough to Inglewood so all the Inglewood residents can go there and still feel like they stuck it to the man.

The store is surrounded by a 15 ft high chain link fence topped with barbed wire and concertina wire. The fence at the point where the wire is attached is angled inwards, like a prison, obviously intended to keep IN whatever was IN that they don't want to get OUT.

The store is filthy, merchanidise is strewn all over the place. Small appliance boxes are opened with pieces of whatever was in there either on the floor or stuck back in the box. The book department has pages torn out of the books litering the floor, some bearing smears of the last diaper change.

So no, I don't go to WalMart unless I go to one in a more responsible area. Out in Temecula the WalMart is clean, well stocked, with actual useable restrooms.

Sounds like North Redondo (I didn't know there was a north Redondo) is the world's worst Walmart. Even our ghetto Walmart is not that bad. Our redneck Walmart is better, but not much. The best Walmart is the one where the senior citizens and second income housewives work, but unfortunately it's not a Super Walmart.

Novaheart
02-06-2012, 11:02 PM
I like Wal-Mart because they have the best deal around here for cheap practice ammo. Despite all of the other hellishness that occurs at most Hell-Marts, I find that the people in the sporting goods area are usually friendly, knowledgeable, competent, and reasonably efficient at ringing up my purchase. As such, it's not uncommon for me to go into Hell-Mart and pick up a few things, and then go and buy a brick of .40 S&W just so that I can avoid the interminable three open check-out aisles (out of forty-two that exist) and breeze out of the store.

Shhhhhush! Most people don't know that Sporting Goods has a register. Gone are the days when the Garden Center was the freeway out of there.