PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Chicken Bites

SaintLouieWoman
02-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Buffalo Chicken Bites (Phase 1)
Description
What would a good football game be without the familiar taste of the devilishly spicy chicken that hails from upstate New York?
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes 8 (3-skewer) servings
Ingredients
3 tablespoons trans-fat-free margarine
2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, or more to taste
1 teaspoon canola oil
3 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 (1") cubes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 celery stalks, cut into 24 (1") pieces
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce (see directions below)
Instructions
Melt margarine in a medium nonstick saucepan. Whisk in hot pepper sauce and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened; set aside.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan, and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Add margarine mixture to pan and gently toss chicken until well coated, 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove chicken from pan and skewer each cube with a toothpick. Skewer 1 piece of celery at the base of each. Arrange on a platter and serve with dip.
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce (Phase 1)
Makes 1/2 cup
Make-Ahead: Dip can be made up to 1 day ahead; refrigerate in a covered container and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Ingredients
2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
Hot pepper sauce
Instructions
Mash blue cheese in a medium bowl, leaving some small lumps. Whisk in the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce to taste. Transfer to a small bowl and serve with the chicken.
Nutritional information
Per 3-skewer serving (with 1 tablespoon dip):
150 calories
9 g fat (2.5 g sat)
1 g carbohydrate
16 g protein
0 g fiber
250 mg sodium

noonwitch
02-29-2012, 03:48 PM
That sounds good.

One of the things I hate about Buffalo wings/wing dings/whatever you call them in your neck of the woods is that they are mostly bone, with a few tiny pieces of chicken and skin clinging to them. I never understand why people like them so much.

Molon Labe
02-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Need more than 2 TBS of hot pepper sauce......if ya know what I mean. :cool:

Hawkgirl
03-09-2012, 06:24 PM
That sounds good.

One of the things I hate about Buffalo wings/wing dings/whatever you call them in your neck of the woods is that they are mostly bone, with a few tiny pieces of chicken and skin clinging to them. I never understand why people like them so much.

In general, meat on the bone is always tastier. I love buffalo wings, always dipped in blue cheese dressing, chased with a beer.

Articulate_Ape
03-09-2012, 07:16 PM
What a neat idea, SLW!