PDA

View Full Version : Who Castrated Ann Coulter?

txradioguy
02-06-2012, 09:33 AM
She once had cast iron… well… courage. Now she's backing the "safe" GOP candidate.

There is no conservative writer that I admire more than Ann Coulter. She's smart as hell and, more importantly, she is courageous. She has always been willing to write what other conservatives believe but don't have the guts to say in print. She has never played it safe and has certainly never adjusted her opinions for the sake of conforming to the conventional wisdom of Old Guard Republicans. In 2008, for example, she declared that she would not merely vote for, but actively campaign for Hillary Clinton if the Republican Party were foolish enough to nominate John McCain for President: "If you are looking at substance rather than if there is an R or a D after his name, manifestly, if he's our candidate, than Hillary is going to be our girl, because she's more conservative than he is."

But something has happened to Coulter. I don't have firsthand knowledge that she was kidnapped by RINO Team Six and taken to an offshore medical facility where she was forced to undergo a gruesome surgical procedure, but many of her recent columns suggest that something of the sort must have occurred. What else could explain her endorsement of Mitt Romney? Once immutable where her core convictions were concerned, she has executed a vertigo-inducing volte-face in order to promote a brazen opportunist whose positions on the big issues were the opposite of hers before he began running for President. She relentlessly trashes Republican "moderates" like McCain, yet now supports a candidate who makes the Arizona Senator look like Barry Goldwater by comparison.

It first became apparent that something awful had happened to Coulter last November, when she wrote a column asking "If Not Romney, Who? If Not Now, When?" In this surreal effusion, she claimed that the media were "pushing Newt Gingrich" and other alternatives to Romney "because they are terrified of running against him." This, as many pointed out at the time, was preposterous. The only thing that terrifies the media about Romney is that he might not get the GOP nomination. This is the man they want to run against. Unlike Coulter, the media and the Obama reelection team know that Romney can be easily portrayed as a Wall Street parasite whose only memorable "accomplishment" as the Governor of Massachusetts was the enactment of a health "reform" law that renders him unable to credibly denounce ObamaCare.

Which brings us to the latest evidence that Coulter has been somehow altered. Her inexplicable support for Romney has led her beyond being merely wrong about his chances in the general election to writing things that are either deliberately disingenuous or genuinely ignorant. The latest example of this tragic development is a column titled, "Three Cheers for RomneyCare." As its title suggests, this piece actually defends the Massachusetts "universal" health law. When I first read it, I could hardly believe such horse manure had emanated from Coulter's keyboard. The column opens with this howler: "If only the Democrats had decided to socialize the food industry or housing, RomneyCare would probably still be viewed as a massive triumph for conservative free-market principles -- as it was at the time."

http://spectator.org/archives/2012/02/06/who-castrated-ann-coulter

obx
02-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I have wondered the same thing. I like Coulter and was surprised when she backed Christie. He is good but not very conservative. I guess she has bought into the belief Romney is the only Republican who can beat Ododo.On the bright side, maybe Mitt will make her his Press Secretary.

fettpett
02-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Christie...

Bailey
02-06-2012, 10:34 AM
I have wondered the same thing. I like Coulter and was surprised when she backed Christie. He is good but not very conservative. I guess she has bought into the belief Romney is the only Republican who can beat Ododo.On the bright side, maybe Mitt will make her his Press Secretary.

He's very conservative for NJ so I'd rather have him then a D in there

obx
02-06-2012, 10:43 AM
He's very conservative for NJ so I'd rather have him then a D in there

I agree. I was not criticizing Christie, I like him. I was just saying I was stumped by her support of him.

Janice
02-06-2012, 12:47 PM
I read the earlier article today. Ive always loved Ann.

But somebody had to write this ... as we're all wondering and scratching our heads at this.

Maybe a chemical imbalance ... early combo alzheimers/ dementia?

She is clearly circling the land of nuts and fruit ... from a conservative prospective. Are unicorns and utopia far behind? Or is she already there? How in the world do you go from being a staunch Reaganite to a Romulous/ Cristy Creme moonbot?

http://i.imgur.com/akABN.gif

txradioguy
02-06-2012, 12:49 PM
I read the earlier article today. Ive always loved Ann.

But somebody had to write this ... as we're all wondering and scratching our heads at this.

Maybe a chemical imbalance ... early combo alzheimers/ dementia?

She is clearly circling the land of nuts and fruit ... from a conservative prospective. Are unicorns and utopia far behind? Or is she already there? How in the world do you go from being a staunch Reaganite to a Romulous/ Cristy Creme moonbot?

http://i.imgur.com/akABN.gif

I just finished reading her last book a couple weeks before she began her leftward lurch. To go from reading classic Coulter to reading her RINO tripe left me stunned.

fettpett
02-06-2012, 01:15 PM
I'll argue that it's not just Ann, Laura Ingram seems pretty hell bent on getting Romney elected too, as have other Conservative talk hosts and commentators.

Janice
02-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I'll argue that it's not just Ann, Laura Ingram seems pretty hell bent on getting Romney elected too, as have other Conservative talk hosts and commentators.

I noticed that too. Hard to understand. What a shame. As I mentioned elsewhere, if the lemmings are going to charge off the cliff, whereby taking us with them I say quick ... grab a parachute!

Kay
02-06-2012, 02:54 PM
At least I'm in good company. I'm with Ann and Laura.
Mitt has a quality about him that I think will surprise everyone.
I don't see in him as the great leftist Obama-lite rino that y'all do.
He strikes me as more of an independent that is well grounded.

txradioguy
02-06-2012, 02:57 PM
At least I'm in good company. I'm with Ann and Laura.
I don't see in him as the great leftist Obama-lite rino that y'all do.
He strikes me as more of an independent that is well grounded.

Sorry Kay...Williard is John McCain with better hair.

Don't take our word for it...his own quotes and his own words speak for himself...he's the embodiment of RINO.

Janice
02-06-2012, 03:07 PM

Yes he does. Can you say "compassionate conservative"?

:cool:

fettpett
02-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Yes he does. Can you say "compassionate conservative"?

:cool:

:rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl:

noonwitch
02-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Sorry Kay...Williard is John McCain with better hair.

Don't take our word for it...his own quotes and his own words speak for himself...he's the embodiment of RINO.

Never underestimate the value of good hair!

But seriously, looks sometimes do help a candidate and Mitt is a handsome man. It helped Kennedy, it probably helped Clinton.

Kay
02-07-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm not in like with Mitt because of his looks, he's not my type.
He probably doesnt even have a hairy Sean Connery like chest.

But I do think he looks the most presidential in his demeanor.
He stands taller and just has more of a commanding look than
the other two, like he's more self-disciplined. Imagine a G-8
summit and the impression made as our president walks into
the room - imagine that scenario with Newt, then Rick, then
Mitt. Which do you see taking command of the room?

Adam Wood
02-07-2012, 03:02 PM
It's been my observation that Ann tends to cast her lot with the northeastern Republicans more so than any particular conservative. She casts her lot with Romney, but she despises Fred Thompson (who is obviously vastly more conservative) solely because he voted against convicting Clinton. She defends Christie but I don't recall her ever having too terribly much kind to say about Haley Barbour.

Methinks she likes her conservatism with a blue-blooded northeastern accent.

txradioguy
02-07-2012, 03:21 PM

Style over substance? Really?

That kind of backwards thinking got us the President we have now.

SaintLouieWoman
02-07-2012, 03:54 PM

We've had some really poor presidents based on the good looking criteria. I've worked with a lot of those handsome guys. Sad to say, but 99% of them were jerks. God forbid we choose a president on the basis of height! :eek:

I'd prefer Santorum (but wish he'd ditch those goofy sweater vests) or even Newt. So what's so bad about a shorter, little pudgy guy? I'll bet Newt would keep our enemies guessing. I hope Newt gets a little rest and recharges so he doesn't lose it again in a press conference.

Can you imagine how tough it is on all those candidates? We forget they're humans too. It would have to be difficult to withstand the constant character assassination.

I think someone kidnapped Coulter and have am imposter in her place. (maybe since I'm home more I've watched too many soap operas). :D

Someone must have brainwashed the Rove, too. He seems to be in Mitt's camp.

Molon Labe
02-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Nobody castrated Coulter. You're just learning that, when the chips are down, she falls right in line with the rest of the establishment GOP.

Welcome to reality.

Zafod
02-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I would take a ham sandwich over obama again.

I am ABO all the way

Adam Wood
02-07-2012, 04:23 PM
I would take a ham sandwich over obama again.

I am ABO all the way

Amen to that.

RedGrouse
02-10-2012, 12:21 AM
It's been my observation that Ann tends to cast her lot with the northeastern Republicans more so than any particular conservative. She casts her lot with Romney, but she despises Fred Thompson (who is obviously vastly more conservative) solely because he voted against convicting Clinton. She defends Christie but I don't recall her ever having too terribly much kind to say about Haley Barbour.

Methinks she likes her conservatism with a blue-blooded northeastern accent.

Ann Coulter was raised in the New York area, despite the fact her mother is from Kentucky.

JoeKwonDo
02-10-2012, 03:03 PM
So there is something wrong with Ann Coulter etal because they disagree who is the best candidate.

:eek: Maybe she is right and you have the problem....

Wei Wu Wei
02-12-2012, 12:32 PM
She once had cast iron… well… courage. Now she's backing the "safe" GOP candidate.

There is no conservative writer that I admire more than Ann Coulter. She's smart as hell and, more importantly, she is courageous.

lol wow

She is not an intellectual powerhouse, she's a right-wing shock-jock. She's the Howard Stern of conservative media, that's what she likes to be and that's how she's built her career. Her job is entertainment, and it's truly sad if you look to her for critical analysis. There are plenty of times where she makes subtle comments about her role or ironic statements that suggest it's a charade. She knows it and she's good at it.

She's built her self up by being an "offensive" act. She's like the terrible comedian Daniel Tosh who is not funny but only gains popularity by "going there" and trying too hard to be "edgy". This has worked for her audience, who eat her books up. I've read a few of her books and it all reads like a crude comedy website. There are plenty of conservative writers who are intelligent and thoughtful and make good arguments, but Coulter is just a clown and she's proud of it.

Novaheart
02-12-2012, 12:45 PM
lol wow

She is not an intellectual powerhouse, she's a right-wing shock-jock. She's the Howard Stern of conservative media, that's what she likes to be and that's how she's built her career. Her job is entertainment, and it's truly sad if you look to her for critical analysis. There are plenty of times where she makes subtle comments about her role or ironic statements that suggest it's a charade. She knows it and she's good at it.

She's built her self up by being an "offensive" act. She's like the terrible comedian Daniel Tosh who is not funny but only gains popularity by "going there" and trying too hard to be "edgy". This has worked for her audience, who eat her books up. I've read a few of her books and it all reads like a crude comedy website. There are plenty of conservative writers who are intelligent and thoughtful and make good arguments, but Coulter is just a clown and she's proud of it.

She does sometimes smile like Betty White after she has said something naughty.

My first impression of Coulter was "What a bitch!", and there is no one she won't throw under the bus for a reaction, including gay people. And you have to know that Ann Coulter, resident fag hag and suspected drag queen of Palm Beach, has plenty of gay friends. I think it might be a stretch to say her politics are all an act though. I do think that she has contempt for the left wing, but then who wouldn't? But I think she also has contempt for the right wing, and she has openly stated her contempt for the "Independents".

She speaks the truth with some regularity, and that's why I like her. She has a backhanded delivery that is entertaining, and that is why I like her. She's a bitch, and that is why I like her.

Conservatives have a problem with women. For that matter, all men do.

My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism

I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood' to be flogged publicly.

You remember what a fabulous success court-ordered "desegregation" plans have been. Few failures have been more spectacular. Illiterate students knifing one another between acts of sodomy in the stairwell is just one of the many eggs that had to be broken to make the left's omelette of transferring power from states to the federal government.

txradioguy
02-13-2012, 10:48 AM
She does sometimes smile like Betty White after she has said something naughty.

My first impression of Coulter was "What a bitch!", and there is no one she won't throw under the bus for a reaction, including gay people. And you have to know that Ann Coulter, resident fag hag and suspected drag queen of Palm Beach, has plenty of gay friends. I think it might be a stretch to say her politics are all an act though. I do think that she has contempt for the left wing, but then who wouldn't? But I think she also has contempt for the right wing, and she has openly stated her contempt for the "Independents".

She speaks the truth with some regularity, and that's why I like her. She has a backhanded delivery that is entertaining, and that is why I like her. She's a bitch, and that is why I like her.

Conservatives have a problem with women. For that matter, all men do.

My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism

I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood' to be flogged publicly.

You remember what a fabulous success court-ordered "desegregation" plans have been. Few failures have been more spectacular. Illiterate students knifing one another between acts of sodomy in the stairwell is just one of the many eggs that had to be broken to make the left's omelette of transferring power from states to the federal government.

Spoken like a true FemiNazi. Helen Gurley Brown would be proud of you sweetie.

RobJohnson
02-16-2012, 05:03 AM
Like I've said before if you simply support who we think can beat the guy in office, it will just be more of the same.

Novaheart
02-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Spoken like a true FemiNazi. Helen Gurley Brown would be proud of you sweetie.

White gay men aren't actually interested in liberation, they are simply trying to reclaim the privilege to which they would be otherwise entitled. - Betty Friedan

Rockntractor
02-16-2012, 12:32 PM
White gay men aren't actually interested in liberation, they are simply trying to reclaim the privilege to which they would be otherwise entitled. - Betty Friedan

You and your imaginary entitlements, you have the same rights as every other person.

Novaheart
02-16-2012, 12:35 PM
You and your imaginary entitlements, you have the same rights as every other person.

Has there been a test of spousal privilege in same sex couples yet?

Novaheart
02-16-2012, 12:38 PM

Are soldiers married to same-sex spouses given military benefits equal to their heterosexual counterparts?

Rockntractor
02-16-2012, 12:39 PM

I would have the same rights as a heterosexual if I married the same sex as you do as a homosexual.

Rebel Yell
02-16-2012, 12:39 PM

Where I'm from, same sex couples can't be spouses.

Novaheart
02-17-2012, 09:49 PM

Soon.

obx
02-18-2012, 10:18 AM

Me too Rebel. Hopefully, it will stay that way.

Zathras
02-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Are soldiers married to same-sex spouses given military benefits equal to their heterosexual counterparts?

Well, since this situation does not exist, I'd say no.

Novaheart
02-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Well, since this situation does not exist, I'd say no.

I'm guessing you have some semantic gotcha built into your post that is escaping me. There are married same-sex couples in the military. How to you figure that the situation doesn't exist?

Novaheart
02-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Me too Rebel. Hopefully, it will stay that way.

That ship has sailed out of port and is almost over the horizon. Maryland has passed same sex marriage, Virginia will follow, and the rest of the southern states will have their discriminatory laws nullified by the Supreme Court.

And if Florida is smart, we'll pass same sex marriage before the courts take over the issue. Though it would be for greed rather than reason, the result is the same.

marinejcksn
02-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Someone must have brainwashed the Rove, too. He seems to be in Mitt's camp.

Rove's been a brainwashed turd since he became "the Architect". The man helped Dubya piss away a Trillion on part D just to secure Florida votes and another Trillion on NCLB to secure soccer moms. Not to mention he managed to be the "architect" of the worst political asskicking the GOP has seen in my lifetime. If this man were my architect I'd expect the roof to cave in.