PDA

View Full Version : Again, Why Not Santorum?

txradioguy
02-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Heís a true conservative and he can win.

Missouriís ďbeauty contestĒ primary on Tuesday could be Rick Santorumís big chance. If he defeats Mitt Romney in that event, as at least one poll shows he is poised to do, the punditocracy and public alike might finally recognize the considerable upside he would offer Republicans as their presidential nominee.

Rick Santorum can win the Republican nomination. Rick Santorum can indeed beat Barack Obama in the fall. And Rick Santorum can and would govern at least as conservatively as Ronald Reagan did.

The evidence of his principled, mainstream conservatism is unambiguous, as is his record of winning long-shot races. What hasnít been fully understood yet is why, and how, Santorum could win the Republican nomination and the presidency.

Letís start with a few underappreciated realities about opinion polls held so far in advance of a general election. First, favorable/unfavorable ratings, along with the level of name identification, are far more important than direct ďhorse raceĒ numbers. Second, poll ďinternals,Ē along with focus-group data if possible, should be interpreted to assess how much growth potential a candidate has, along with what his downside political risks are.
If a candidate has been widely known, and widely disliked, for a long, long time, that candidate has little room for growth. Very few public officials in American history, for instance, have as longstanding a record of horribly unfavorable poll numbers as Newt Gingrich has had for 17 years now. (His particularly dreadful polling problems among women, for instance, seem flat-out insurmountable.) Santorum, on the other hand, is far less well known, so he has a greater chance to move polls in either direction as voters get to know him better. The interesting thing to note here is that he continues to do better in polls the more he is known to the general public. Thatís a serious sign of growth potential. Even better, even as the general public was first really looking at him, Santorum already was doing as well or better than Mitt Romney in head-to-head matchups against Obama in the key states of Florida and North Carolina.

Within the GOP, as Bill Kristol argues, Santorum probably has a better chance to defeat Mitt Romney head to head than Gingrich does. Polls bear that out. A number of polls also show that whereas a significant portion of Santorum voters would prefer Romney to Gingrich (this is Gingrichís polarizing nature again coming into play), the vast majority of Gingrich voters would move to Santorum in a two-man race against Romney. Thatís why, one on one, Santorum can beat Romney but Gingrich canít.

When the ďinternalsĒ are analyzed, Santorum rates particularly high on personal character, on sincerity, and on steadfastness of principle. Those are bedrock traits that, over a long campaign, help secure a voterís comfort level with a candidate. A comparison with Reagan is in order here. While Santorum certainly hasnít shown Reaganís preternatural communication skills or sheer ó almost magical ó personal likeability, what matters in a race against a weak incumbent in a weak economy is that voters give themselves the psychological go-ahead for changing something as important as the president. Fear of the unknown runs strong. Even against an absurdly weak Jimmy Carter in 1980, it was only in the last week that voters swung sharply Reaganís way: They needed reassurance, from watching his demeanor in debates, that he wasnít the nuclear cowboy the Left tried to portray. Santorumís palpable decency and sincerity can offer a similar reassurance against Obama. Someone as volatile as Gingrich cannot.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/290132/again-why-not-santorum-quin-hillyer

AmPat
02-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Too bad Grinch and Flip don't put the country ahead of their political desires. Santorum would be a better pick. Of course, any of these three are better by far than the Marxist moron.

Janice
02-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I voted for him. He is the last best choice in my mind. Im bit tired of the dims, the media and the GOP "leadership" choosing for us. Reagan was projected to be about 20 points behind Carter. Then ... a landslide. Carter conceded early. Hows that for media and polling manipulation?

txradioguy
02-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I voted for him. He is the last best choice in my mind. Im bit tired of the dims, the media and the GOP "leadership" choosing for us.

Especially since all of the above want to chose someone who will lose to Obama. Santorum will get my primary vote as well.

Janice
02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I think sometimes you gotta stand on your own two feet. Think for yourself. Forget the noise and the clamor (the media and the polls) and the stampede off the cliff.

Let the lemmings be lemmings. You'll never convince them. They are after all ... lemmings.

txradioguy
02-06-2012, 01:16 PM
I think sometimes you gotta stand on your own two feet. Think for yourself. Forget the noise and the clamor (the media and the polls) and the stampede off the cliff.

Let the lemmings be lemmings. You'll never convince them. They are after all ... lemmings.

Very true.

Rockntractor
02-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Too bad Grinch and Flip don't put the country ahead of their political desires. Santorum would be a better pick. Of course, any of these three are better by far than the Marxist moron.

Mike one hunert twuny ate!:eek::eek:

Janice
02-06-2012, 01:58 PM

I guess that sometimes we get caught in a stampede and the best I can think .. is to just grab a parachute. Like what happened in this last election. I had a business. First thing I did was close it at the first of the year after The One was immaculated and hunker down. I could see the calamity coming. Feels like Im on the USS Titanic and watching the skipper and crew take us straight into the ice field. While the radio operator (the media) is fast asleep.

:an:

BadCat
02-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Our primary isn't until 5/8. If Rick is still in it, he has my vote.

Hope he sticks it out that long. NC has put fag "marriage" on the PRIMARY ballot this year, conservatives will be out in droves to vote against it, and the dims don't have a reason to vote in the primary, since the BIG ZERO is their man.

Rick could do very well here in May.

Janice
02-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Our primary isn't until 5/8. If Rick is still in it, he has my vote.

Rick could do very well here in May.

Yes, I hope he sticks it out till the end. Give a little more of the country a chance to "chime in".

fettpett
02-06-2012, 03:26 PM
I guess that sometimes we get caught in a stampede and the best I can think .. is to just grab a parachute. Like what happened in this last election. I had a business. First thing I did was close it at the first of the year after The One was immaculated and hunker down. I could see the calamity coming. Feels like Im on the USS Titanic and watching the skipper and crew take us straight into the ice field. While the radio operator (the media) is fast asleep.

:an:

RMS Titanic...it was British, :p

Arroyo_Doble
02-06-2012, 03:43 PM

The funny thing is, the mass suicide behavior of lemmings is a myth.

fettpett
02-06-2012, 03:58 PM
If he wins MN, he'll have a chance, Not a huge fan, but he's more conservative than either Newt or Romney. He may be the guy I vote for at the end of the month, but we'll see

fettpett
02-06-2012, 04:00 PM

yep, it was a complete fake for a movie (Wild America I think) on them, they literally forced them to run off a cliff just so they could film it

Arroyo_Doble
02-06-2012, 04:00 PM
If he wins MN, he'll have a chance, Not a huge fan, but he's more conservative than either Newt or Romney. He may be the guy I vote for at the end of the month, but we'll see

He is up in Missouri as well. Although that state's primary isn't binding.

Articulate_Ape
02-06-2012, 04:42 PM
This primary campaign is starting to remind me of the song: Don't the Girls All Get Prettier at Closing Time? :(

Arroyo_Doble
02-06-2012, 05:01 PM
This primary campaign is starting to remind me of the song: Don't the Girls All Get Prettier at Closing Time? :(

http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/73/2011/11/16/101220_600.jpg

AmPat
02-06-2012, 05:38 PM
http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/73/2011/11/16/101220_600.jpg

Just goes to show, the nastiest drunk left standing is still better than the Marxist Turd we have now.;)

MountainMan
02-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Santorum cant win because he has no organization. Newt and Bachman saw to that. Santorum also lost his last election by a fairly large margin and that unsettled donors. Now if he had lost by a narrow margin or had won, he could very well have lead this field of candidates.
What Santorum needs to do now, once he drops out is to look at another run at the Senate or the governor's seat in Pennsylvania. If he doesn't, he will become irrelevant within the party.

Molon Labe
02-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Santorum cant win because he has no organization.

Yep. There's a couple other reasons as well.

He has no money. He's not even on the ballot in several states. He can't beat Obama

A couple other thoughts about the OPs idea come to mind.

Santorum:

Voted for Lautenburg amendment which was anti gun

Endorsed Arlen Specter who changed to a Democrat went on to cast the deciding vote in favor of Obama care

Voted for the bailouts

Voted for No Child left behind which doubled DOE.

and he's for more foreign welfare, but says he's against domestic welfare?

Where in the hell are you guys getting that Santorum is some kind of conservative?

FeebMaster
02-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Honestly, I'm surprised he hasn't done better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2XIWfBxuwU

JB
02-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Honestly, I'm surprised he hasn't done better.You never fail to deliver Feebs. :D

I admire your consistency.

AmPat
02-06-2012, 09:15 PM
These aren't.
http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu169/mkrock1/Obama_pied_piper.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/ATLAS_JUNKIE/Misc/Obama_Pied_Piper.gif

Janice
02-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Where in the hell are you guys getting that Santorum is some kind of conservative?

"some kind of conservative" - What I am saying .. is that he is more conservative than the other two. Before that I liked Cain. And before that I liked Bachmann. As far as the perfectly consistent conservative candidate ... I havent seen that one. But any of these 3 would be far superior to the marxist dung heap we now have.

Kay
02-07-2012, 12:13 AM
But any of these 3 would be far superior to the marxist dung heap we now have.

On this we ALL agree.

Janice
02-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Santorum Only GOP Candidate Beating Obama, Rasmussen Daily Poll Finds (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/santorum-only-gop-candidate-beating-obama-rasmussen-daily-poll-finds)

Just ahead of three more Republican nominating contests, a new poll -- a snapshot in time -- shows former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum leading President Barack Obama in a one-on-one matchup. >>>

Santorum holds a slight lead over Romney in Minnesota, 29-27 percent, according to a Public Policy Polling survey of Colorado and Minnesota released on Feb. 5. The same poll shows that Romney leads comfortably in Colorado, 40-26 percent, over Santorum.

Meanwhile, there was media speculation over the weekend that Santorum would do well in Missouri because Gingrich is not on the ballot in that state.

----------------------------------------------------------------

For a fleeting moment .. I guess all is not lost - yet. I have to admit though .. by and large I trust polls about as far as i can throw them. Voters often time seem to vote diff than what the polls expect they will.

txradioguy
02-07-2012, 03:11 AM
Yep. There's a couple other reasons as well.

He has no money. He's not even on the ballot in several states. He can't beat Obama

Well... :rolleyes: ...that settles it...he has no chance...we should all give up and vote for Obama.

It's no wonder a Conservative can't win with 100%'ers like you and your stupid purity tests.

A couple other thoughts about the OPs idea come to mind.

Santorum:

Voted for Lautenburg amendment which was anti gun

Not anti gun you moron. Unless you think preventing people convicted of felenoy spousal abuse NEED a hand gun in the house.

Endorsed Arlen Specter who changed to a Democrat went on to cast the deciding vote in favor of Obama care

And here is why? Unless you think we'd have been better off on the courts without Alito and Roberts.

However, Santorum says he endorsed Specter to ensure that Bush's judicial nominees would make it through the Senate, as Specter was then the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and considered by some to be more electable than the more conservative Toomey.[98] Santorum says that Supreme Court Justices John Roberts and Samuel Alito would not have been confirmed without Specter's re-election, saying those two justices make "a pretty good trade" for the objectionable endorsement.[99]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Santorum

Voted for the bailouts

That is an outright falsehood and a lie.

More recently, when he was out of Congress, Santorum opposed TARP , the stimulus , the auto bailout, and the Fannie-Freddie bailout.

http://www.clubforgrowth.org/whitepapers/?subsec=137&id=902

Voted for No Child left behind which doubled DOE.

Yeah...God forbid we try to motivate teachers to actually...mmm...maybe TEACH kids that 1+1=2?

:rolleyes:

and he's for more foreign welfare, but says he's against domestic welfare?

Yes because the Ron Paul version of this which is screw our allies and do nothing about Welfare and Medicaid is the way we should go. :roll eyes:

To a Bircher like Molon Loon working with our allies = welfare.

Oh...I dunno...Club for Growth maybe...National Tax Payers Union perhaps?

Rick Santorum spent sixteen years in Congress – four years in the House followed by 12 years in the Senate – before losing to Democrat Bob Casey in 2006. In the last two years of his Senate career, he had an average Club for Growth rating of 77%, compared to an average of 73% for all Senate Republicans over that same time period. In the previous thirteen years before the Club had a scorecard, Santorum accumulated an average score of 76% on the National Taxpayers Union scorecard. This compares to a 71% average among all Republicans. NTU is a non-partisan group that advocates for limited government.

Santorum has consistently supported broad-based tax cuts and opposed tax increases either by sponsoring key legislation or by casting votes on relevant bills. Some high profile votes include:
Voted NO on the Clinton tax hike in 1993
Voted YES on the capital gains tax cut in 1997
Voted NO on a cigarette tax hike in 1998
Voted YES on repeal of the Alternative Minimum Tax in 1999
Voted YES on the 2001 Bush tax cuts
Voted YES to repeal the Death Tax in 2002
Voted YES to the 2003 Bush tax cuts
Voted YES to extend the Bush tax cuts in 2006

On Social Security, Santorum has been very outspoken in favor of pro-growth reforms. Even when Social Security was considered the “third rail” in politics, Santorum was advocating personal savings accounts as a way to strengthen the program while giving taxpayers ownership over their retirements. In 1998, he did a town hall meeting with President Clinton advocating for personal savings accounts. In 2005, Santorum led the charge to adopt personal accounts on behalf of President Bush. He also co-sponsored a bill that would “stop the raid” on the Social Security Trust Fund. He followed that up in 2006 when he voted YES on a similar piece of legislation.

Santorum is opposed to ObamaCare and advocates its full repeal. In a recent interview, he said that if he were president, the second thing he would do once in office after repeal, would be to end Medicaid as a federal entitlement. “We need to give a block of money to the states. We need to pare back some of these strings attached to this money, and let the states devise their own program,” he said.

Santorum supports allowing people to buy health insurance across state lines and open up tax free health savings accounts. But as previous stated, Santorum supported the massively expensive Medicare prescription drug program in 2003.

In an interview in early 2011, Santorum said, “I’ve been for school choice since the very beginning. I’ve sponsored school choice bills.”

That appears to be correct. As a candidate for the Senate in 1994, Santorum filled out a questionnaire in which he signaled his support for school choice. And in at least two instances, in 1997 and 2001, Santorum voted to allow a school choice program in the District of Columbia. He also introduced at least one bill, in 1998, which would allow states to establish voluntary parental choice scholarship programs.

However, he indicated in that questionnaire that he wanted “national standards” from the federal government and he didn’t support eliminating the Department of Education. This bears itself out in his record. As mentioned, Santorum supported No Child Left Behind in 2001, which greatly expanded Washington’s control over education.

Santorum now appears to have reversed course. In that same 2011 interview, Santorum said, “Well, the Department of Education is, in my opinion, unnecessary and overseeing a state bureaucracy which is already a big problem.”

Several times during his career, Santorum supported strong reforms to rein in litigation abuse. In 1995, he voted YES to putting caps on punitive damages in product liability cases and to restrict frivolous class action lawsuits.

He has consistently pushed for medical malpractice reform in an effort to drive down the cost of medicine. In 2006, he sponsored a bill to cap non-economic damages related to obstetrical and gynecological services. For his efforts, the Trial Lawyers of America PAC ran misleading television ads against him during his 2006 re-election campaign.

http://www.clubforgrowth.org/whitepapers/?subsec=137&id=902

Good God almighty! :eek: You're Right Molon Loon...what was I thinking that Santorum might be considered a Conservative!!!!

Molon Labe
02-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Good God almighty! :eek: You're Right Molon Loon...what was I thinking that Santorum might be considered a Conservative!!!!:rolleyes:

Dude...there's two tests for a conservative. Limit government spending. If you can't pass that one then there's no reason to go to the second test.

When you're doubling the size of DOE and taxing AMERICANS to death giving welfare to foreigners when AMERICANS can't even meet their own needs, then you don't have a pot to piss in.

He's part of the problem. He's the entire reason the Tea party was created.

Oh and he got thumped by 19 points his last go around. So when the media isn't propping this paper tiger up when he goes against Obama, I won't tell you I told you so.

Check Feebs awesome post

AmPat
02-07-2012, 09:24 AM
You never fail to deliver Feebs. :D

I admire your consistency.
Not me. He reminds me of the bench sitters who mock the real athletes, never contribute to the effort of winning, yet feel superior to their teammates after the loss.

After extensive research, I finally narrowed him down to one of these guys:
http://i42.tinypic.com/qoj6ex.jpg

FeebMaster
02-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Not me. He reminds me of the bench sitters who mock the real athletes, never contribute to the effort of winning, yet feel superior to their teammates after the loss.

After extensive research, I finally narrowed him down to one of these guys:
http://i42.tinypic.com/qoj6ex.jpg

I'm not on your team, nor am I particularly interested in helping your team win.

AmPat
02-07-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm not on your team, nor am I particularly interested in helping your team win.

I'm glad, saves me the pain of your sobbing when I cut you for a bad attitude.:rolleyes:

Novaheart
02-07-2012, 11:23 AM
If he wins MN, he'll have a chance,

At what? The Presidency? Not if Barack Obama conceded the day before the election could Santorum win.

Novaheart
02-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Honestly, I'm surprised he hasn't done better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2XIWfBxuwU

lol! Good vid

Molon Labe
02-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Here's the best thing about Rick Santorum.

He's crazy and he's right and he borrow's meat to provide for his Puddy tat. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js3BYcHmBhE

fettpett
02-07-2012, 12:08 PM
At what? The Presidency? Not if Barack Obama conceded the day before the election could Santorum win.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: nomination dumbass

txradioguy
02-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Dude...there's two tests for a conservative. Limit government spending. If you can't pass that one then there's no reason to go to the second test.

And yet I just showed where he's fiscally conservative.

Just because he doesn't pass YOUR purity test.

Hell Reagan wouldn't pass your idiotic purity test.

When you're doubling the size of DOE and taxing AMERICANS to death giving welfare to foreigners when AMERICANS can't even meet their own needs, then you don't have a pot to piss in.

That's one of the weakest red herring/strawman arguments I've seen...and that's saying a lot with Annoyo hanging round.

He's part of the problem. He's the entire reason the Tea party was created.

Then why is he grabbing so much TEA Party support?

Oh and he got thumped by 19 points his last go around. So when the media isn't propping this paper tiger up when he goes against Obama, I won't tell you I told you so.

Translated "WAAAAAAAAA No one likes Ron Paul and they think I'm strange because I do".

Check Feebs awesome post

Feeble and "awesome post" are two things that never happen here.

txradioguy
02-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Gotta love the 100%'ers on this forum that try and lay claim to being the only true conservatives while the rest of us are just some flavor of RINO.

The link to cute little youtube videos and high five amongst their little threesome about who clever they are...and ignore facts from the Tax Payers Union and the Club for Growth...as well as other indicators among Conservative voters.

Talk about having your head in the sand...

That's ok...they'll be the same ones bitching about another 4 years of Obama...first ones in line to complain...and when you ask them who they voted for...they'll proudly claim they didn't vote...and then wonder how the rest of us could have been so dumb as to allow Obama to get re-elected.

DumbAss Tanker
02-07-2012, 12:29 PM
In the news today, apparently he did the best in a nationwide poll vs Obama, the only GOP contender, including Mittens, to actually beat the incumbent. May be more to Santorum than we all thought, after Mitt's superPAC finished killing everyone else and then he stepped on his own crank a couple of times.

txradioguy
02-07-2012, 02:28 PM

And the Obama 2012 Campaign appreciates your support.

FeebMaster
02-07-2012, 02:44 PM
And the Obama 2012 Campaign appreciates your support.

Oh good. I was worried they might actually want me to vote for them before they expressed their appreciation.

I hope they send me an "I didn't vote" button.

AmPat
02-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Oh good. I was worried they might actually want me to vote for them before they expressed their appreciation.

It might be interesting to know what team You think Ii am on, but I doubt it. Your attempt to appear "above it all and better than the rest of us" is tiresome and boorish. If you don't care about the topic, why don't you just post in the Estrogen thread instead of patting yourself on the back for being an opinionated fence sitter? :rolleyes:

txradioguy
02-07-2012, 03:19 PM

You not voting cause you're an ignorant twit is just as bad as voting for Obama.

Either way you're helping him get re-elected.

While you sit there in your self righteous stupidity...patting yourself on the back about the great thing you've done...the rest of us actually give a crap about what happens to this country and aren't wrapped up in our own inflated sense of self importance.

FeebMaster
02-07-2012, 03:29 PM
It might be interesting to know what team You think Ii am on, but I doubt it. Your attempt to appear "above it all and better than the rest of us" is tiresome and boorish. If you don't care about the topic, why don't you just post in the Estrogen thread instead of patting yourself on the back for being an opinionated fence sitter? :rolleyes:

If I had to guess, I'd say you're on the team that wants more government, but I was just building on your sports analogy.

Go right ahead and vote for whoever you like. I won't be offended. I'm sure they'll do very well for you, if they win.

FeebMaster
02-07-2012, 03:32 PM
You not voting cause you're an ignorant twit is just as bad as voting for Obama.

While you sit there in your self righteous stupidity...patting yourself on the back about the great thing you've done...the rest of us actually give a crap about what happens to this country and aren't wrapped up in our own inflated sense of self importance.

I truly look forward to the results you voters deliver us this time. Your fellow travelers appear to be doing a bang up job so far.

Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for a job well done once it's all over.

AmPat
02-07-2012, 03:36 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say you're on the team that wants more government, but I was just building on your sports analogy.

Go right ahead and vote for whoever you like. I won't be offended. I'm sure they'll do very well for you, if they win.

See, words of stupidity right out of your mouth again? I'm for less government as you well know. Your attempt to appear intelligent by feigning apathy falls miserably short again. :rolleyes:

What brilliant strategy do you have for battling more government?

FeebMaster
02-07-2012, 03:47 PM
See, words of stupidity right out of your mouth again? I'm for less government as you well know. Your attempt to appear intelligent by feigning apathy falls miserably short again. :rolleyes:

I find it odd that someone who wants less government would support Santorum. I suppose it depends on how you define less.

What brilliant strategy do you have for battling more government?

Ignore it. Avoid it. Invest in technologies that marginalize it. Belittle people who vote for more of it.

Adam Wood
02-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Again, Why Not Santorum?

I'll tell you why not.

I like Rick as a person. I believe he's about the closest thing to an honest man one will find in politics. I like a lot of his positions. He tends to lean towards states' rights, as it should be, and he generally takes a pretty conservative view.

Now, some of his votes in the past are a bit questionable, but everyone with any sort of actual political savvy knows that there are tactical votes taken all the time that appear to be the opposite of someone's stated position. Sometimes it's a "poison pill," sometimes it's just to kill off something else in a bill that is otherwise unpalatable. But that's not Rick's problem.

Rick has had to reverse himself on some positions he's taken in the past. Personally, I find that somewhat refreshing. "Hey, I was wrong. I fucked up. That was on me. Sorry." Not something you hear often in the course of a campaign. I've actually thought all along that Romney would gain a lot of traction if he just said that about Romneycare. "Hey, we tried it. I fucked up. Now I know not to do that again." Santorum has done this mea culpa on a couple of issues. I think he's made satisfactory explanations of why he did what he did and why he now knows that it was the wrong thing to do. But this isn't Rick's problem, either.

No, Rick's problem is something deeper. It's not about policy or presentation or his past history as a legislator. It's not even about the fact that he's spent most of his adult life in Washington. Nor is it even about the fact that he's probably a bit on the extreme with some of the social issues.

It's none of these things that are Rick Santorum's problem.

Rick Santorum's problem is this:

HE'S BORING!!!

If "Rick Santorum" is on a ballot next to "Barack Obama" and "Drying Paint," people will overwhelmingly choose "Drying Paint." The guy just doesn't stand a chance in the general election unless he sets his head on fire or something. He's a policy wonk, and everyone is going to see him as a policy wonk. Yes, he's fairly nice-looking and he has pretty good hair and he has a very attractive family but the guy is less interesting than ink drying in a Walt Whitman book. That's just not something he's going to be able to change, and he's doomed in the general election for that reason.

Molon Labe
02-07-2012, 04:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeMGqTwWA6U

When you got options like Santy, Romney, Noot or Obama....I'm probably gonna start taking George's advice.

AmPat
02-07-2012, 05:26 PM
I find it odd that someone who wants less government would support Santorum. I suppose it depends on how you define less.

I define less as less O Blah Blah-less socialism-less government-less progressivism-less anti-Americanism.

Ignore it. Avoid it. Invest in technologies that marginalize it. Belittle people who vote for more of it.

That superior strategy better known as apathy is working swimmingly huh?:rolleyes: Thanks for pulling your weight. I suppose you can thump your chest in pride one day when you regale your grandchildren with brave stories of how you sat on the sidelines and laughed in derision while you watched the real men attempt to save the country. Yeah! I bow to your superiority.:rolleyes:

You'll be a real hero in their eyes though as they report to the collective factory to hammer out those wonderful Volts.

FeebMaster
02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
That superior strategy better known as apathy is working swimmingly huh?:rolleyes: Thanks for pulling your weight. I suppose you can thump your chest in pride one day when you regale your grandchildren with brave stories of how you sat on the sidelines and laughed in derision while you watched the real men attempt to save the country. Yeah! I bow to your superiority.:rolleyes:

You'll be a real hero in their eyes though as they report to the collective factory to hammer out those wonderful Volts.

I'd have to say it's working at least as well as the "Get smaller government by voting for bigger government" strategy favored by conservatives.

Molon Labe
02-07-2012, 06:57 PM

More collective garbage.

Pull your own weight....:rolleyes: This is what the left says to buy into their collective bullshit. I'll chalk it up as a badge of honor when someone says basically I'm not a "team player". Means you don't buy into their group think B.S mentality.

What he's actually doing is the epitome of being self reliant....you know....that word "conservative" people banter around. You know...not waiting on some politician (like Santorum) to try to fix his life.

I sometimes think the Feeb is better off then the lot of us because people like me keep trying to fix a broken system against my better judgement.

JB
02-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Go right ahead and vote for whoever you like. I won't be offended. I'm sure they'll do very well for you, if they win.Who is running on the anarchy ballot this year?

fettpett
02-07-2012, 07:08 PM
More collective garbage.

Pull your own weight....:rolleyes: This is what the left says to buy into their collective bullshit. I'll chalk it up as a badge of honor when someone says basically I'm not a "team player". Means you don't buy into their group think B.S mentality.

What he's actually doing is the epitome of being self reliant....you know....that word "conservative" people banter around. You know...not waiting on some politician (like Santorum) to try to fix his life.

I sometimes think the Feeb is better off then the lot of us because people like me keep trying to fix a broken system against my better judgement.

pretty interesting how the non-conformist have their own set of conformity

AmPat
02-07-2012, 08:25 PM
More collective garbage.

Gee, I never thought until just now that you were an idiot. Please explain how your sideline strategy is going to be a better/superior strategy to fix the "broken system" than changing the existing system from within. Go ahead, this ought to be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, entertaining...................................... .................................................. ................:rolleyes:

AmPat
02-07-2012, 08:27 PM
I'd have to say it's working at least as well as the "Get smaller government by voting for bigger government" strategy favored by conservatives.
Gee, I'm not familiar with that "Conservative platform." I suppose that somebody as politically astute as you has a link to that platform???

FeebMaster
02-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Gee, I'm not familiar with that "Conservative platform." I suppose that somebody as politically astute as you has a link to that platform???

I didn't mention a platform.

Hawkgirl
02-07-2012, 10:43 PM
It's not over till the fat lady sings....we still have plenty of more states to go...

Janice
02-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Jubilant Santorum wins Minnesota, leads in Colo. (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iXs_x2AJoc6Qnh2UOJdOyQxQv15A?docId=ce46c6bab 93347bb87a09b09e32ad90d)

A resurgent Rick Santorum won Minnesota's Republican presidential caucuses with ease Tuesday night and reached for victory in Colorado, raising fresh questions about front-runner Mitt Romney's appeal among the ardent conservatives at the core of the party's political base.

---------------------------------

Congrats to Rick. :cool:

Romney's support among conservatives is single ply toilet tissue thin.

Articulate_Ape
02-08-2012, 01:15 AM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/Hmm.jpg

Hmm. (http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/scorecard/statebystate/r)

Janice
02-08-2012, 01:22 AM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/Hmm.jpg

Hmm. (http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/scorecard/statebystate/r)

I see theres no shortage of uninformed sheeple.

Which coincidentally, explains the very existence of the democrat party.

hai
02-08-2012, 01:39 AM
I see theres no shortage of uninformed sheeple.

Which coincidentally, explains the very existence of the democrat party.

He's a homophobe though,he said that gay marriage is not for society.

Zathras
02-08-2012, 01:47 AM

I doubt very much that Rick Santorum is afraid of gays...and he's correct about gay marriage as well.

hai
02-08-2012, 01:52 AM
I doubt very much that Rick Santorum is afraid of gays...and he's correct about gay marriage as well.

Here it is.

http://www.care2.com/causes/santorum-gay-partnerships-doesnt-benefit-society.html

http://thetaskforceblog.org/2012/01/10/wake-up-rick-santorum-we-are-everywhere/

Zathras
02-08-2012, 01:55 AM
Here it is.

http://www.care2.com/causes/santorum-gay-partnerships-doesnt-benefit-society.html

http://thetaskforceblog.org/2012/01/10/wake-up-rick-santorum-we-are-everywhere/

Again, Rick Santorum is not a homophobe no matter how many times you post it. He is not afraid of gays which is what homophobe means.

EazyMack
02-08-2012, 04:03 AM
Santorum is right about gay marriage. It is of no benefit to society.

But given the current state of things, I'd trade gay marriage for gay adoption. Please stop screwing up the next generation, just because you choose to give in to your unnatural desires. Statistics show what happens when kids come from intact, traditional family homes versus those who come from homes without both a mother and a father present & constructively involved. It is crucial, crucial to the individual & crucial to society.

If you want to hijack marriage, well, you're succeeding... Besides, the sacredness of marriage has all but dissolved in our society anyway. That doesn't mean that I, for one, wouldn't fight for it... but I think gay adoption is an even more serious issue with heftier future implications.

Bailey
02-08-2012, 08:24 AM

How many times do we have to tell you ass bandits that you can be against the gay lifestyle and not be "afraid" of them. :rolleyes:

BadCat
02-08-2012, 08:48 AM

Good for him.
Time for someone to stand up for "normal" people and shove the "fags are just the greatest" meme right down their throats.

AmPat
02-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Good for him.
Time for someone to stand up for "normal" people and shove the "fags are just the greatest" meme right down their throats.

Hai is a one trick "ONEder." He doesn't care who is in the WH as long as they promote Penis Pops.:rolleyes::mad:
Rampant and public homosexuality is the way to fix all of those ancillary and pesky little problems such as National Bankruptcy, record unemployment, record and out of control spending, nationalized banking, automotive and health care, record food stamps, record job losses, etc, etc.

Once we get National Butt Plugs codified, we'll attack those minor issues.:rolleyes:

Novaheart
02-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Because Santorum is a putz. He's a dysfunctional little bwat who looks like he's gonna cry if you tell him one more time that his mommy lied to him about Santa Claus.

AmPat
02-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Because Santorum is a putz. He's a dysfunctional little bwat who looks like he's gonna cry if you tell him one more time that his mommy lied to him about Santa Claus.

LIBERAL GOOBLEDYGOOP TRANSLATION:
He's now a threat to my god, the One, Dear Leader, O Blah Blah The Magnificent. He also doesn't approve of men sticking their penis into another man's butt, therefore, he cannot be president as that makes him incompetent in performing those minor duties a president does every day.:rolleyes:

Zathras
02-08-2012, 02:17 PM

Well that makes him 1000 times better than you.

Novaheart
02-08-2012, 04:44 PM
LIBERAL GOOBLEDYGOOP TRANSLATION:
He's now a threat to my god, the One, Dear Leader, O Blah Blah The Magnificent. He also doesn't approve of men sticking their penis into another man's butt, therefore, he cannot be president as that makes him incompetent in performing those minor duties a president does every day.:rolleyes:

If Santorum were to beat Obama, I would post a video of myself singing "I'm a little piggy." for your amusement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B45S6L20OJA

AmPat
02-08-2012, 04:56 PM
If Santorum were to beat Obama, I would post a video of myself singing "I'm a little piggy." for your amusement.

]

I guess this means you believe that Rick Santorum, with the eventual weight of all the GOP voting block behind him, cannot possibly defeat the Marxist, Bloviating, teleprompter reading, Gas Bag In Chief?:confused::rolleyes: Riiiiightttt!

Chuck58
02-08-2012, 04:59 PM

Must be the liberal left's new talking point about Santorum. They haven't had time to find what they call dirt, so focus for now on a perceived reality show beauty contest.

"Santorum doesn't 'look' presidential."

"Romney presents himself like a president. He looks the part."

Just a couple of a lot of posts I'm seeing here and there.

Hawkgirl
02-08-2012, 07:09 PM

Nova, your photo is next to dysfunctional in the dictionary.

txradioguy
02-09-2012, 03:23 AM
Nova, your photo is next to dysfunctional in the dictionary.

He picture is next to several definitions in the dictionary.

RobJohnson
02-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I wanted to vote for Rick Santorum this past Saturday.

But living in a caucus state, it was all jacked up. Ron Paul actually won my county! Very low turn out.
Limited locations (I think two) for a county that covers 18159 miles...

http://pvtimes.com/news/paul-handily-wins-nye-county/

Articulate_Ape
02-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Again, Why Not Santorum?

This? (https://www.ricksantorum.com/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=38)

Rockntractor
02-20-2012, 08:35 PM

Okay he wears clothes, so what!:rolleyes:
You are lucky your hair is longer than your................

Articulate_Ape
02-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Okay he wears clothes, so what!:rolleyes:
You are lucky your hair is longer than your................

You're wearing a sweater vest right now, aren't you? :smile:

Rockntractor
02-20-2012, 09:40 PM

No, those are bristles!http://planetsmilies.net/angry-smiley-1497.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

JoeKwonDo
02-20-2012, 10:24 PM

Wow it locked up my browser :mad:

fettpett
02-20-2012, 11:33 PM

no, only the cool kids wear sweater vests....and bow ties...and fez's...because sweater vests, bow ties and fez's are cool :biggrin::biggrin:

Articulate_Ape
02-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Wow it locked up my browser :mad:

Dial-up's a bitch.

Novaheart
02-21-2012, 02:02 AM
no, only the cool kids wear sweater vests....and bow ties...and fez's...because sweater vests, bow ties and fez's are cool :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks, now Tucker "I have a wife." Carlson is stuck in my head.

Janice
02-21-2012, 02:08 AM
If Santorum wins Michigan, all bets are off for Romney (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/02/16/if-santorum-wins-michigan-all-bets-are-off-for-romney/)
FoxNews - Juan Williams

New polling shows that former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum can beat Romney in Michigan -- the state where Romney was born and his father, George Romney, served three terms as governor.

--------------------------------------------

This is Romneys home state. If Santorum wins this state... all bets are off.

fettpett
02-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks, now Tucker "I have a wife." Carlson is stuck in my head.

you completely missed the reference

Novaheart
02-21-2012, 11:45 AM
you completely missed the reference

OK. To whom or what?

fettpett
02-21-2012, 11:57 AM
OK. To whom or what?

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/7/2/cb2dca1f-3613-4aff-bee1-8509015a5abb.jpg

Arroyo_Doble
02-21-2012, 12:01 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/7/2/cb2dca1f-3613-4aff-bee1-8509015a5abb.jpg

My daughter thinks he is the best Doctor so far.

But she thought that about the last two so I don't think it will last.

fettpett
02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
My daughter thinks he is the best Doctor so far.

But she thought that about the last two so I don't think it will last.

Tom Baker then David Tenate. Smith is good, but no where near as good as Tenate. Eccelson, eh...not a fan of him as the Doctor, he would have been a fantastic Master though

Arroyo_Doble
02-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Tom Baker then David Tenate. Smith is good, but no where near as good as Tenate. Eccelson, eh...not a fan of him as the Doctor, he would have been a fantastic Master though

I still think Eccelson was the best.

That is probably because of one line:

SIMMONS: Here, you'd better put these on. (gauntlets) The last guy that touched it burst into flames.
DOCTOR: I won't touch it then.