PDA

View Full Version : Americans Are Better Than Who Obama Thinks We Are

txradioguy
02-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Along with their ever-present accusation that anyone who criticizes or disagrees with America's first black president is a racist, class envy is the centerpiece of Obama's re-election campaign.

It is extremely disheartening that the president of the United States believes he can win the votes of a majority of Americans by exploiting the sin of covetousness and hatred for the rich. In every speech, Obama claims that the rich are not paying their fair share. Please excuse my frankness, but Obama is lying.

Here are the facts.

Half the country -- yes, I said half -- do not pay taxes at all. Zero! The majority of federal income taxes (70%) are paid by the top 10 percent of income-earners. As for Obama's claim that we can solve America's financial problems by forcing the rich to pay more, it is despicable, manipulative, and hate-inspiring nonsense. There are only 8,000 Americans who earn over 10 million dollars per year. If Obama confiscated all their money, it would finance our government for only 24 days. Then what?

What group of Americans will Obama attack next by trashing and demonizing them to gain public approval to confiscate everything for which they have worked hard, suffered, sacrificed and risked all for "government" redistribution?

Our national debt has tripled since Obama has been in office. Now, I know that that does not mean a lot to most Americans. Well, allow me to put it in perspective. Every minute, we spend 3 million dollars that we do not have, borrowing most of it from China. Every minute! Our debt is bankrupting the future and enslaving our great-great-great-grandkids.

So, you can understand why I find Obama's rants about the rich not paying enough and how people will die unless Republicans raise the debt ceiling so disingenuous and unsupportable.
But there is a much greater issue at hand. Who does this man (Obama) think, we, the American people, are?

The Obama administration and his media minions are trying to convince us that the entitlement-minded OWS lowlifes represent "mainstream Americans." They are lying.

I represent mainstream Americans. I began working when I was about ten years old. I had a paper route and worked pulling copper out of old motors for my neighbor across the street, Mr. Buddy-Roy, in his backyard. At 15, my dad got me a work permit, and I acquired my first real job during the summer at Park Sign Co. in Baltimore. There I learned how to silk-screen signs.

Interesting sidebar: experience prompted Berry, the owner of Park Sign, to always get his money upfront for political signs, because if the candidate did not win the race, Berry would not get paid.

Back to my point. Like me, most Americans do not believe they are entitled to the fruits of a fellow American's labor. And yet, this is who Obama thinks we are and desires us to be.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/02/americans_are_better_than_who_obama_thinks_we_are. html#ixzz1lcmlwWyd

Arroyo_Doble
02-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Half the country -- yes, I said half -- do not pay taxes at all.

Unless he is talking about children, that is a lie.

Janice
02-06-2012, 02:13 PM

Thats federal taxes.

txradioguy
02-06-2012, 02:17 PM

You're really that stupid aren't you? The only one with a problem of bending the truth here is you.

The Tax Policy Centerís estimate means that some 76 million households wonít pay federal income tax in 2011. But they still owe other taxes. About two-thirds pay payroll taxes, and most pay state and local income and sales taxes as well as excise taxes on gas, tobacco, cigarettes and alcohol. Of the one third who donít pay payroll taxes, more than half are elderly who no longer work, and just under half are families with incomes under $20,000. Only about 1 percent of the population pays neither income nor payroll taxes and earns more than $20,000 a year, according to the Tax Policy Center.

For 50 percent of those that donít pay federal income taxes, standard deductions and personal exemptions are enough to counteract their taxable earnings. A couple with two children earning less than $26,400, for example, will pay no federal income tax in 2011 because their $11,600 standard deduction and four exemptions of $3,700 cuts their taxable income to nil.

22 percent are senior citizens who get a more generous standard deduction, can exclude some or all of their Social Security income and may have tax-exempt interest from mutual funds and municipal bonds. For those who itemize, charitable contributions and medical expense deductions also subtract from their tax liability.

15 percent are working families, many of them low-income, who qualify for one or all of the Earned Income tax credit, the Child tax credit, the Child and Dependent Care tax credit. The earned-income credit is fully refundable, and the Child credit is partially refundable this year, meaning some households may get refunds from the government even if they owe no income taxes.

The remaining 13 percent are a mix of mostly higher-income individuals with enough itemized deductions for items like mortgage interest, health payments, or charitable contributions, education tax credits, or tax exempt interest to zero out their income taxes.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-08-31/home/30073202_1_income-tax-federal-income-state-and-local-income#ixzz1lcveHj65

Not sure you were trying to be clever or literal with your claim of what the author said being a "lie"....either way...you failed miserably.

Arroyo_Doble
02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Thats federal taxes.

That was not what he said but even so, that is not accurate either.

txradioguy
02-06-2012, 02:22 PM
That was not what he said but even so, that is not accurate either.

Yes it is and I've linked to data backing up what I said.

You got something to counter it from a credible source...post it.

Otherwise all you're doing is yet again talking out your ass.

Janice
02-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Yes it is and I've linked to data backing up what I said.

You got something to counter it from a credible source...post it.

This could be fun ... :cool:

Arroyo_Doble
02-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Yes it is ...

No, it isn't. Personal income taxes aren't the only taxes assessed at the federal level.

txradioguy
02-06-2012, 03:14 PM
No, it isn't. Personal income taxes aren't the only taxes assessed at the federal level.

You're splitting hairs in a moronic attempt to prove 2+2=5.

Kinda dumb on your part.

Retread
02-06-2012, 04:24 PM
And over 30% of tax filers end up receiving a check when they have PAID NO MONEY in at all.

One source of such info. (http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/25587.html)

42% in 2009 and it has done nothing but go up since.

Apache
02-06-2012, 04:42 PM

How old are you? 3? You know damn good and well that it is true.

Why can't you admit that you are on the wrong side, even with the facts staring you in the face?

Apache
02-06-2012, 04:44 PM
This could be fun ... :cool:

Not when you've seen the Arroyo-mambo before, it's old and tiresome :rolleyes:

Arroyo_Doble
02-06-2012, 04:58 PM

No it isn't. Forget anything other than federal taxes; you have excise taxes on alcohol, tobacco, air travel, ect...; you have social security taxes (both employee and employer), and there are medicare taxes.

To say personal income taxes are the only taxes assessed at the federal level is flat wrong.

fettpett
02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
No it isn't. Forget anything other than federal taxes; you have excise taxes on alcohol, tobacco, air travel, ect...; you have social security taxes (both employee and employer), and there are medicare taxes.

To say personal income taxes are the only taxes assessed at the federal level is flat wrong.

now you're just being an ass, you know damn well that they are referring to Federal Income taxes.

Arroyo_Doble
02-06-2012, 05:20 PM
now you're just being an ass, you know damn well that they are referring to Federal Income taxes.

Then it is meaningless.

fettpett
02-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Then it is meaningless.

dude, just stop. You're making yourself look like an even bigger fool than we know you are.

Arroyo_Doble
02-06-2012, 05:32 PM
dude, just stop. You're making yourself look like an even bigger fool than we know you are.

You want to delude yourself, feel free. I'm not getting on that wagon.

This guy wanted to foist on you the propaganda that half the people in this nation don't pay taxes. That is a lie. Eat it if you like. I'll pass.

Apache
02-06-2012, 07:43 PM

To twist yourself into a pretzel to try and "prove" your position must be painful :(

Why can't you admit you're wrong? Or are Zero's testes too far down your throat?

txradioguy
02-07-2012, 03:16 AM

Why can't you admit that you are on the wrong side, even with the facts staring you in the face?

Because spineless never admits to anything. That way we can never hold him accountable on any issue.

He's like the Governor in Best Little Whorehouse....

Ooh I love to dance a little sidestep, now they see me now they don't-
I've come and gone and,

txradioguy
02-07-2012, 03:17 AM
You want to delude yourself, feel free. I'm not getting on that wagon.

This guy wanted to foist on you the propaganda that half the people in this nation don't pay taxes. That is a lie. Eat it if you like. I'll pass.

Then show us...link us to something that proves we're wrong.