PDA

View Full Version : Santorum Landslide!!

mike128
02-08-2012, 02:13 AM
It's official! Rick Santorum has just swept Colorado! He also took Minnesota and Missouri! It was a clean sweep!
:party:

This has been a great night for REAL conservatives! My favorite candidate has finally gained traction! REAL conservatives CAN win! We don't need to settle for a liberal flip-flopper to beat Obama.

I'm sorry about my other thread requesting that Santorum drop out and support Newt. That would have been a mistake.

Let's hope Santorum's momentum can continue all the way to the Republican nomination!

What a great night! :)

Novaheart
02-08-2012, 02:18 AM
It's official! Rick Santorum has just swept Colorado! He also took Minnesota and Missouri! It was a clean sweep!

This has been a great night for REAL conservatives! My favorite candidate has finally gained traction! REAL conservatives CAN win! We don't need to settle for a liberal flip-flopper to beat Obama.

I'm sorry about my other thread requesting that Santorum drop out and support Newt. That would have been a mistake.

Let's hope Santorum's momentum can continue all the way to the Republican nomination!

So what is that? Like 60,000 ballots cast in total?

For all the noise around these primaries, the Republicans don't seem to be turning out to vote. Florida had something like 600,000 votes. The state is slightly less than half republics, so if half (wild guess) of them are between 18 and 80 it still looks like 2 million or more stayed home.

SarasotaRepub
02-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Whats his name won??? :confused: :D

linda22003
02-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Woo - hoo! There must be simply TONS of delegates in his column now!

Wait.... what? :cool:

fettpett
02-08-2012, 09:23 AM

you just can't help yourself can you.... :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse: :deadhorse::stfu1::stfu1:

Odysseus
02-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Whats his name won??? :confused: :D

Yep. He beat the other guy, the crazy one and the other, other guy. :D

AmPat
02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I too am for Santorum. Not that this means he just won the nomination, but let's not collectively minimize this victory either.

Santorum's recent victories are a measure of the popularity, or lack thereof, of the other guys. The base of the GOP is not excited about Romney as evidenced by his steady numbers. He appears to be the candidate of choice for the establishment yet the base doesn't trust that he is a true Conservative, or that he understands the enemy he faces.

Newt has much baggage yet garners more excitement from the base with his combative style toward the media. This gives a clue that he won't stand by like McCain (or Romney), and absorb the vicious attacks from the enemy without fighting back.

Paul can't get past the "nut factor." He has great ideas that are completely negated by unrealistic foreign policy. I agree that foreign policy is secondary to domestic at this point but the public won't take that risk.

The weight of Santorum's victories can be measured by the attacks from the left that are sure to come. The vehemence of the left's attacks are a direct reflection of how much they fear our candidates. Santorum's victories in these states also more accurately measure the mood and desires of the base of the GOP. The left may disregard "flyover country," but flyover country is loaded with a large voting block of Tea Partiers.

I expect Santorum better brace for all out assault if and/or until the left and its media lapdogs can destroy this next threat on their chosen king and god, O Blah Blah The Magnificent.

SarasotaRepub
02-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Yep. He beat the other guy, the crazy one and the other, other guy. :D

Oh her!!! Got it. :D

Odysseus
02-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Oh her!!! Got it. :D

No, the crazy one is a him. You're talking about the hot crazy one. :D

fettpett
02-08-2012, 11:49 AM
No, the crazy one is a him. You're talking about the hot crazy one. :D

the one that dropped out :/

Zathras
02-08-2012, 12:56 PM
We don't need to settle for a liberal flip-flopper to beat Obama.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/deadhorse.jpg

Odysseus
02-08-2012, 01:07 PM
the one that dropped out :/

Right. The hot crazy one that dropped out, as opposed to the really dull liberal one that dropped out, the other guy who dropped out or the other, other guy who dropped out. That one.

noonwitch
02-08-2012, 02:30 PM
It was kind of fun to watch the shock on the Today Show staff this morning. No one at NBC expected Santorum to win all three contests.

I will make a comparison to the democratic primaries of 2008-at this point in that game, everyone thought Hillary was going to be the nominee. She wasn't. The same thing could happen with Mitt and Rick-it might be even more possible in the GOP primary because the conservative base doesn't like Mitt at all.

I'm still voting for Buddy Roemer in the Michigan GOP primary. I think Mitt will win, because he grew up here, but I wouldn't be surprised if Santorum did well. West Michigan will have a high turnout, I think the primary for the Senate run is also occurring. Pete Hoekstra should win that one, he spent a ton of money to run a state-wide ad during the superbowl, and his people from Holland, GR and that area will turn out. West Michiganians tend to be religious conservatives, so I would think Santorum will do better than predicted.

AmPat
02-08-2012, 02:44 PM
I predict Mitt will win all the states that are traditionally liberal. He will not be popular or well received in more Conservative States. He only won Florida because he is better organized and spent BIG money there. I might be wrong but the Conservative base will only go for Romney if he is perceived as the only viable option. If Santorum, or Newt, start looking like they can unseat the GOP establishment's heir apparent, Romney won't win.

fettpett
02-08-2012, 03:43 PM
It was kind of fun to watch the shock on the Today Show staff this morning. No one at NBC expected Santorum to win all three contests.

I will make a comparison to the democratic primaries of 2008-at this point in that game, everyone thought Hillary was going to be the nominee. She wasn't. The same thing could happen with Mitt and Rick-it might be even more possible in the GOP primary because the conservative base doesn't like Mitt at all.

I'm still voting for Buddy Roemer in the Michigan GOP primary. I think Mitt will win, because he grew up here, but I wouldn't be surprised if Santorum did well. West Michigan will have a high turnout, I think the primary for the Senate run is also occurring. Pete Hoekstra should win that one, he spent a ton of money to run a state-wide ad during the superbowl, and his people from Holland, GR and that area will turn out. West Michiganians tend to be religious conservatives, so I would think Santorum will do better than predicted.

Hoekstra is a douche, commercial was pathetic, and he's no conservative, I don't think he'll beat Debbie in the fall if he does win the primary

SaintLouieWoman
02-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I too am for Santorum. Not that this means he just won the nomination, but let's not collectively minimize this victory either.

Santorum's victories in these states also more accurately measure the mood and desires of the base of the GOP. The left may disregard "flyover country," but flyover country is loaded with a large voting block of Tea Partiers.

I expect Santorum better brace for all out assault if and/or until the left and its media lapdogs can destroy this next threat on their chosen king and god, O Blah Blah The Magnificent.

Well said. As someone from flyover country, I strongly feel that they are more representative of the thinking of the more rational base of the party.

Someone down here kept slamming me with the "flyover country" thing. It wasn't done to be funny; it was done as a slam by a true dummy.

The more liberal members of the party need to get to know the regular folk, not be so out of touch. Romney in my opinion is out of touch, as is Coulter and in some respects the Rove. I think he's forgetting his Texas roots.

Chuck58
02-08-2012, 04:19 PM

It's always fun to watch them after something like this. Someplace, deep down inside, there is a realization that what they think isn't what mainstream America is thinking. It's the "We know what's best for them, why aren't they listening" thing.

What they all need to do is get out of NYC, LA, Washington etc and spend some time in the heartland. Maybe then they wouldn't be as shocked when things don't go the way they want.

Romney is a New England politician. To me, he isn't Conservative. Having to suffer several months a year in New England (wife's elderly parents), I've discovered that New England Conservatives bear little resemblance to Southwestern Conservatives. What I view as conservative, they see as too rightwing.

Romney fits that mold. His tune doesn't play well in Middle America. Realistically, if it was just Romney/Newt or Romney/Santorum, Mittens wouldn't win a primary - except possibly in New England.

Madisonian
02-08-2012, 06:53 PM
The girl you wanted to take to the prom has a headache so now you have to choose between the girl with braces in your math class, your best friend's sister or your next door neighbor that you have teased since 1st grade.

You don't want to waste the tickets but you won't go by yourself and look like a total fool.

Decisions, decisions....

JoeKwonDo
02-08-2012, 07:59 PM
So what is that? Like 60,000 ballots cast in total?

For all the noise around these primaries, the Republicans don't seem to be turning out to vote. Florida had something like 600,000 votes. The state is slightly less than half republics, so if half (wild guess) of them are between 18 and 80 it still looks like 2 million or more stayed home.

Florida cast over 1,600,000 votes - sheesh

RedGrouse
02-09-2012, 12:35 AM
This is the closest Republican or any Presidential primary I can recall. I thought it would be Romney, but I am not sure now.

Rockntractor
02-09-2012, 12:44 AM
This is the closest Republican or any Presidential primary I can recall. I thought it would be Romney, but I am not sure now.

I thought McCain had a snowballs chance in hell when we started the last primary.

mike128
02-09-2012, 01:15 AM
My only fear is that Santorum won't have the finances to make it through Super Tuesday. Now that Santorum is in the spotlight, the multimillion dollar Romney attack machine, in cooperation with the liberal media, will try and paint Santorum as an "extremist." If Santorum doesn't have the finances to fight back, he will drop in the polls, just like Newt did in Iowa.

Rockntractor
02-09-2012, 01:25 AM
My only fear is that Santorum won't have the finances to make it through Super Tuesday. Now that Santorum is in the spotlight, the multimillion dollar Romney attack machine, in cooperation with the liberal media, will try and paint Santorum as an "extremist." If Santorum doesn't have the finances to fight back, he will drop in the polls, just like Newt did in Iowa.

The answer is voodoo! Quick, start making dolls! Times a wasting!:eek:

Zathras
02-09-2012, 02:37 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/deadhorse.jpg

RobJohnson
02-11-2012, 01:58 AM
I predict Mitt will win all the states that are traditionally liberal. He will not be popular or well received in more Conservative States. He only won Florida because he is better organized and spent BIG money there. I might be wrong but the Conservative base will only go for Romney if he is perceived as the only viable option. If Santorum, or Newt, start looking like they can unseat the GOP establishment's heir apparent, Romney won't win.

I agree.

As long as people vote for "the guy they think can beat Obama" we will just have more of the same.

Janice
02-11-2012, 02:40 AM
A little something from our friends over on The Corner at the NR ...

Lucky Rick (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/290795/lucky-rick-michael-walsh)

The contretemps over the HHS mandate can do nothing but help the candidacy of Rick Santorum. For months, Mitt Romney has been lamely defending Romneycare, hiding behind the shriveled fig leaf of the Tenth Amendment to obscure what everyone now acknowledges — that the Massachusetts program is the forebear of and inspiration for Obamacare.

That simple fact ought to be instantly disqualifying in a 2012 GOP presidential candidate — especially after the 2010 landslide, from which the party bosses clearly learned nothing — >>>

Santorum, a Catholic ethnic with strong blue-collar appeal, should grab the reins of Obamacare and ride it right up Romneycare. Because now that the coercive evil of Obamacare is visible even to E.J. Dionne Jr., Romney’s “signature achievement” during his one term as governor ought to finish him as the GOP standard-bearer.

Meanwhile, Romney’s only chance is to retrain his super PAC Big Berthas on Santorum and pound away. >>>

Santorum will get precious little help from the sniveling apparatchiks, time-servers, and collaborationists in the “GOP leadership,” but he should pound this issue home at every opportunity and position himself as the champion of the real little guy: not the entitlement loafer whose kids are too dumb to peel their own grapes but the lunch-pail worker who pays for those grapes. This is a fight we’re going to have to have sooner or later, so why not have it now, before the Party of Take completely overwhelms the Party of Give?

Kay
02-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm still pulling for Mittens.

Not because I think he's the only one that can beat Barry
but because I'm looking at after the win who will be more
pro business, an effective leader and better able to turn
things around.

I agree that Rick is more hard core conservative on that
he beats Mitt for sure. But that isn't necessarily going to
make him the better leader in the white house.

I want to elect someone that can grab the job by the balls
and run with it AND that has ability to pull Congrss in the
same direction with him to get things done. I don't see Rick
doing that as effectively as Mitt will.

The degree of conservative is second to the degree of effective
leadership for me at this point. In a perfect world we would
have a candidate with both qualities. But in reality we don't.
So it's a trade off and with what Barry is leaving behind I feel
like Mitt is the better turn-around guy.

Novaheart
02-11-2012, 11:54 AM
I too am for Santorum. [/I].

Of course you are, Peanut, of course you are.

Novaheart
02-11-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm still pulling for Mittens.

Romney is a Sears underwear model: pretty face and no genitals.

Rockntractor
02-11-2012, 11:58 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/forums/SwirlieSign.jpg
Of course you are, Peanut, of course you are.

Novaheart
02-11-2012, 12:05 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/forums/SwirlieSign.jpg

Your punishment is coming.

Novaheart
02-11-2012, 12:06 PM
It has arrived:

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/galifianakis-zach.jpg

AmPat
02-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Of course I am a Peanut, of course I am.;)

Lanie
02-11-2012, 01:14 PM
It has arrived:

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/galifianakis-zach.jpg

Okay, that was funny as crap. I nearly bursted out at my desk.

Odysseus
02-11-2012, 02:50 PM
It has arrived:

Is Rosie O'Donnell still hunting sharks?

AmPat
02-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Is Rosie O'Donnell still hunting sharks?

That was Nova's submission of his self portrait.;)

Novaheart
02-11-2012, 03:00 PM

Don't be ridiculous... I never wear a one piece.

djones520
02-11-2012, 03:45 PM

I thought he'd found a pic of Rock.

Odysseus
02-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Don't be ridiculous... I never wear a one piece.

Until now, I didn't think that I'd ever want anyone to have to wear a burqa... :D

txradioguy
02-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Okay, that was funny as crap. I nearly bursted out at my desk.

Why? Because you forgot to autograph that pic for Nova?

mike128
02-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Can we get back on the subject of this thread, folks??

Zathras
02-12-2012, 02:48 AM
Can we get back on the subject of this thread, folks??

Why? All you're going to do is post more of your obsessive hatred of Mitt Romney. At least what is being posted now is more entertaining than the inane drivel you post all the time.