PDA

View Full Version : As a conservative, I can not stress how excited I was by Sarah's selection.

megimoo
09-14-2008, 01:13 PM
The Brilliancy Of the Palin Pick

As a conservative, I can not stress how excited I was by Sarah's selection. It was brilliant on SO MANY levels!!! I would like to list some below.

1. If the left brings up her supposed inexperience then the discussion goes right back to his Obama's lack of experience.(142 days in the senate before starting to run for the presidency)

2. Her being a woman not only brings in a demographic that Mccain was struggling and Obama performing well with but also attracts some of the disenfranchised Hillary voters.

3. Her strong religious beliefs does two things. It ignites and excites the evangelical base getting them more involved in the grass roots effort in the campaign. This ALSO allows any ridicule(i.e. Matt Damon's dinosaurs)of her beliefs/church to again evoke discussions of Reverend Wright and Obama's church without seeming to be hammering on an old subject.

4. Mccain/Republican strong prolife position is softened by having a woman with a strong belief in that. She has proclaimed this belief NOT ONLY in words but deeds. For many years the feminist subtext of this argument has been 'old white men subjugating their will onto women' to the point of controlling their bodies and reproduction. NOW we have this attractive, content, ambitious and highly successful mother with a gorgeous family who JOYOUSLY embraces this philosophy. Of all the things about Sarah that scares and has driven the left into a feeding frenzy, I believe this is the underlying reason for most of their attacks!! (i.e. these prolifers are not all out of the mainstream AND do not all look like that Texas pologamy cult)

5. Her change creds are so unbelievably strong that any parsing of her record seems like nitpicking. Earmarks? Small town mayor hires lobbying firm to get 27 million for her city!!! AHEM... B. Obama....960 million in last two years! Can someone please look into Biden's earmark record? Again we have the four fingers are pointing back at you effect of adding Sarah to the ticket. Any way you look at the bridge to nowhere it is just that...it is nowhere... dead by virtue of Sarah P!!!

What has Obama accomplished change wise? From going to tax to waiting to tax, from taking matching federal election funds to not taking federal election matching funds and from meeting leaders of rogue states without preconditions to meeting leaders of rogue states with 'some' preconditions to mention a few. Change for obama evolves from a wet index finger held in the political wind rather then from firmly held personal beliefs and an internal moral compass.

http://bubbawho.blogtownhall.com/2008/09/14/the_brilliancy_of_the_palin_pick.thtml

xavierob82
09-14-2008, 07:59 PM
The only reasons Republicans like her:

She has never even left the country since she was in her 40s, just barely getting her first passport last year. She believes the earth was created 600 years ago and doesn't believe in stem cell research.

No wonder the GOP base loves her. She's dumb. Just like Boosh.

PoliCon
09-14-2008, 08:11 PM

She has never even left the country since she was in her 40s, just barely getting her first passport last year. She believes the earth was created 600 years ago and doesn't believe in stem cell research.

No wonder the GOP base loves her. She's dumb. Just like Boosh.you really need to stop reading the DU. No one believes that the earth was created 600 years ago - period. Secondly - there are places you can go outside of the country without needing a passport - and what the hell difference does it make? She's running for VP of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA not the European Union. Having been to Europe does not qualify one for being president - and not having been there does not disqualify one.

We like her because she has the right vales - and the right positions on the right issues. Kinda like how the far left adores their m0ssiah because he has all the far left position on all the far left issues.

JB
09-14-2008, 08:16 PM

No wonder the GOP base loves her. She's dumb. Just like Boosh.Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.

How do you "just barely get a passport"?

Phillygirl
09-14-2008, 08:20 PM

No wonder the GOP base loves her. She's dumb. Just like Boosh.

You copy Blinky's homework, don't you?

JB
09-14-2008, 08:29 PM
You copy Blinky's homework, don't you?Please stop stalking me. :p

Phillygirl
09-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Please stop stalking me. :p

you know you dig it!! :p

megimoo
09-14-2008, 08:57 PM
you know you dig it!! :p
He Just Felt a little Tingle in his legs ...