PDA

View Full Version : Syria Crisis: Dramatic Footage Reveals Scale Of Devastation In Homs...

SarasotaRepub
02-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Well DUmmies, Nadin seems to think the US is already in the game... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002284255):rolleyes:

Wed Feb 8, 2012, 01:08 PM
tabatha

Syria Crisis: Dramatic Footage Reveals Scale Of Devastation In Homs As Tank Columns Roll

Dramatic footage of rocket attacks and tank assaults in the town of Homs in Syria have emerged as activists reported the heaviest bombardment of civilian areas since the start of anti-government protests.

Videos posted to YouTube by the British-born Syrian activist Danny Adbul Daymen appear to show a blasted landscape of civilian and residential buildings under apparently constant fire from rockets.

In one clip dated 8 February, which shows fire and smoke pouring from buildings, Daymen says:

“This is Homs, Baba Amr, you can see over there another rocket landed on one of the civilian’s houses, this has been going on all day, since 5am.

This is beyond barbaric, and nothing can be done.

Ask all knowing Nadin and FearLess Leader.

noonwitch
02-08-2012, 05:18 PM
The footage I saw on the news from Syria was truly frightening. Constant gunfire, collapsing buildings, shooting anyone who dares to step out of his house. It was worse than Detroit on the night the Pistons won their first championship in 1989, and that is saying something.

I don't really see where US involvement could do much good in this situation. There is not a clear division between civilian and enemy populations in an urban setting like I saw on the news. Short of sending in Seal Team 6 to assassinate Assad, which would be pointless, there's not much anyone can do for the Syrians except pray.

Arroyo_Doble
02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
The footage I saw on the news from Syria was truly frightening. Constant gunfire, collapsing buildings, shooting anyone who dares to step out of his house. It was worse than Detroit on the night the Pistons won their first championship in 1989, and that is saying something.

I don't really see where US involvement could do much good in this situation. There is not a clear division between civilian and enemy populations in an urban setting like I saw on the news. Short of sending in Seal Team 6 to assassinate Assad, which would be pointless, there's not much anyone can do for the Syrians except pray.

Like it or not, when people are being slaughtered, they look to the United States to save them whether they like us or not.

I have a Bosnian friend who was a teenager in Sarajevo during the siege. She said that they would often wonder why the Americans had not saved them yet. And even after doing so, her brother hates us to this day.

Bailey
02-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Like it or not, when people are being slaughtered, they look to the United States to save them whether they like us or not.

I have a Bosnian friend who was a teenager in Sarajevo during the siege. She said that they would often wonder why the Americans had not saved them yet. And even after doing so, her brother hates us to this day.

To this day I wondered why we bothered getting involved with a war that threatened our interests not a bit. When the stinking Europeans should of handled it. I have a very close friend that came back from that shit hole with sever PTSD issues, some of the shit he had seen screwed him up. Funny lots of people on the left dont mind us getting involved in wars like that but if we get in one for our on interests they pitch a fit.

djones520
02-08-2012, 07:08 PM
To this day I wondered why we bothered getting involved with a war that threatened our interests not a bit. When the stinking Europeans should of handled it. I have a very close friend that came back from that shit hole with sever PTSD issues, some of the shit he had seen screwed him up. Funny lots of people on the left dont mind us getting involved in wars like that but if we get in one for our on interests they pitch a fit.

Because sometimes a humans life is worth more then the price of your milk. It's not always about "our best interest". It's about what is right.

We have the power to stand up to these murderers, and we should.

Bailey
02-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Because sometimes a humans life is worth more then the price of your milk. It's not always about "our best interest". It's about what is right.

Well then we will have to disagree on this matter Captian America, unless our country is threatened in some way we shouldn't risk American lives for people who dont want us there.

BadCat
02-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I couldn't care less about muzzies killing muzzies...let 'em go at it all they want.

Would not put it past this "president" to involve us in something like this to bolster his chances at another 4 years of ruining the country.

Bailey
02-09-2012, 08:54 AM
I couldn't care less about muzzies killing muzzies...let 'em go at it all they want.

Would not put it past this "president" to involve us in something like this to bolster his chances at another 4 years of ruining the country.

I agree let them kill each other as long as we get cheap oil :D

noonwitch
02-09-2012, 09:47 AM

I'm not opposed to intervention that would help, I'm just not sure how that would work. I would hate to see our military personnel put at risk in a futile way.

DumbAss Tanker
02-09-2012, 11:38 AM
There is nothing positive we can accomplish with military force in Syria, we need to resist the temptation.

Arroyo_Doble
02-09-2012, 11:38 AM
There is nothing positive we can accomplish with military force in Syria, we need to resist the temptation.

Removing an Iranian proxy?

txradioguy
02-09-2012, 11:41 AM

:rolleyes:

I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by...armchair, weekend warriors...to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like...to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income, to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression.

That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics.

Barack Obama - 2002

http://usliberals.about.com/od/extraordinaryspeeches/a/Obama2002War.htm

DumbAss Tanker
02-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Removing an Iranian proxy?

Syria is on its own program. It's a mistake to think they are a puppet of the Iranians, in fact they would be much more supportive of Iran if the Syrian Ba'ath Party gets kicked out of power, because then militant Islamists are the likely heirs.

Dan D. Doty
02-09-2012, 03:32 PM
If we get involved, Moonbats will scream that we are blood thristy warmongers.
If we don't get involved, Moonbats will scream that we are hard-heart assholes who stand by and watch as innocent people are murdered by the Syrian military.

The people in Syria will do the same thing if we get involved or not.

Lesson for today, assholes the world blame the people they hate rather then fixing their own problems; in other words, Moonbats are the same all over.

DumbAss Tanker
02-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Well said, Dan!

Arroyo_Doble
02-09-2012, 05:10 PM
If we don't get involved, Moonbats will scream that we are hard-heart assholes who stand by and watch as innocent people are murdered by the Syrian military.

Newt Gingrich is a moonbat?

Bailey
02-09-2012, 05:11 PM

The people in Syria will do the same thing if we get involved or not.

Lesson for today, assholes the world blame the people they hate rather then fixing their own problems; in other words, Moonbats are the same all over.

Well I vote not to lose one American life if they are going to hate us anyway, they are savages anyway.

Dan D. Doty
02-10-2012, 02:25 AM
Well said, Dan!

Thanks Tanker :D

What we'll have with Syria and The Moonbats is Libya all over again.

First the Moonbats screamed for something to be done to stop the fighting and killing, saying we were assholes for just standing by and watching innocent people be slaughtered.

Then NATO war planes come in and blow the Hell out of the government forces ...

The same Moonbats who were screaming for us to do something, were now calling the US and NATO warmongers, and war criminals :confused::confused::confused:

That's why I don't want us to get involved in Syria; the Moonbats will turn on you in a heartbeat and the Syrians will be pissed off even if we liberate them from a cruel, evil government.

I should learned this lesson from Somalia.
Moonbats screamed that we should go in and do something, two helicopters shot down, a lot of guys killed, their bodies dragged through the streets. Half the Moonbats cheered when our guys got it, the rest of the Moonbats acted like they never heard of Somalia.

What did I learn?

When Moonbats want to go to war, the assholes will turn on you after the first shot is fired and side with the bastards they demanded you fight.