PDA

View Full Version : My great-grandmother was a Nazi.

aka:PBS
02-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Pab Sungenis

View profile

My great-grandmother was a Nazi.
Something for you to think about today: my great-grandmother Katherine was a Nazi.

I don't mean that in today's watered-down overblown rhetorical sense, either. My great-grandmother was an actual Nazi. She immigrated from Germany with her family in the 1880's but always stayed in touch with other family members in the Fatherland and kept up on issues.

She was an anti-Semite. She supported Hitler. She was a member of the German-American Bund. Even though she was loyal to America after we entered World War II, she never changed her underlying beliefs and until she died in the 1970's she insisted that Hitler was right.

Now let's move on to my grandmother, her daughter Elizabeth.

My grandmother went to work as a secretary for a Jewish egg farmer who went on to win a seat in Congress. She planted trees in Israel shortly after that country came into being. After her father died in the 1960's she built a small bungalow for her mother on a part of the property she owned with her husband and arranged the sale of the old family farm to an Austrian Jew who had been in the Camps.

She was the kindest, gentlest, person you could ever imagine. And she was the person who had the least trouble accepting my homosexuality or the fact that I'd partnered up with a Jew. (She only disliked him because, like her, he talked too much.)

The lesson is that the sins of the father are not the sins of the sons. What matters most is not how you are raised, but what happens to you when you go out into the world yourself and start to think for yourself.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002283882

NOW.....who was it...bush's grandfather....or something like that was involved in the nazis and the DUmmies raked him over the coals?

SarasotaRepub
02-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Unless they are Ebil ReThuglicans. :nono::D

Rockntractor
02-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Not that big of a jump from Nazi to communist, this apple didn't fall far.

fettpett
02-08-2012, 07:34 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002283882

NOW.....who was it...bush's grandfather....or something like that was involved in the nazis and the DUmmies raked him over the coals?

no, Prescott was an executive in a bank that was suspected of holding Nazi gold, it was cleared of those charges but was seized anyway because it was controlled by the Thyssen family, who supported the Nazi's at the beginning and went along with firing the Jews that worked for him did not agree with the pogroms that followed.

Chuck58
02-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Well, the DUmpers are the same people who think Castro and Hugo are heroes, and who quote Che and Mao, think Bush is evil but Stalin was the working man's friend.

Communists and Nazis get a pass there.

Rockntractor
02-08-2012, 08:36 PM
no, Prescott was an executive in a bank that was suspected of holding Nazi gold, it was cleared of those charges but was seized anyway because it was controlled by the Thyssen family, who supported the Nazi's at the beginning and went along with firing the Jews that worked for him did not agree with the pogroms that followed.

What's a pogroms?:confused:

Chuck58
02-08-2012, 08:55 PM
What's a pogroms?:confused:

That's the plural of pogrom.

Rockntractor
02-08-2012, 09:05 PM
That's the plural of pogrom.

Hmmm, Ruskie word, that'll work.:cool:

Dan D. Doty
02-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Fout generations later, and same family is still producing crazed assholes :rolleyes:

02-09-2012, 06:50 AM

Thanks....I knew it was something like that. I just remember that they were trying to link bush and the nazis.

txradioguy
02-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Pab Sungenis

View profile

My great-grandmother was a Nazi.

And the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree you untalented hack.

DumbAss Tanker
02-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Fout generations later, and same family is still producing crazed assholes :rolleyes:

GMTA. That is just what I thought after reading the OP.

Novaheart
02-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Watch for the fashion to rise. DU, once of the home of impossible numbers of people whose great grandmother was a "Cherokee princess" now competing with those whose greatgranny was Eva Braun's first cousin once removed.

My great grandmother was a Nazi too! Well, actually she was a member of the Women's Christian Temperance Union, but why quibble?

Rockntractor
02-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Watch for the fashion to rise. DU, once of the home of impossible numbers of people whose great grandmother was a "Cherokee princess" now competing with those whose greatgranny was Eva Braun's first cousin once removed.

My great grandmother was a Nazi too! Well, actually she was a member of the Women's Christian Temperance Union, but why quibble?

The happy part of this story is that down the road some little kid won't be saying my grandfather was queer as a three dollar bill!

noonwitch
02-09-2012, 02:10 PM

I once worked with a client who claimed to be an Indian Princess, but couldn't say which tribe. We used to refer to her as "Tiger Lily".

My great aunt worked for the underground during WWII in Slovenia. She told my grandpa, her younger brother, that "it was unthinkable to do anything else". The nazis were pretty stupid. She was arrested, along with some other people from her town, for sharing food with jews who weren't given ration cards to buy food. When the nazis found out she could speak five languages, they put her to work as a telephone operator. Of course, they only spoke German, so she could pass messages right in front of them.

I think the poster should be proud of his grandmother, the one who went out of her way to make up for her mother's errors.

02-09-2012, 04:23 PM
And the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree you untalented hack.

You know...i just realized who the OP is....I thought he was long gone. Ol' pabsy is back....:D

Novaheart
02-09-2012, 05:34 PM
The happy part of this story is that down the road some little kid won't be saying my grandfather was queer as a three dollar bill!

I'm often stunned by the narrow definition of family that some people have. I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by aunts, uncles, grandparents, great aunts and uncles, great grandparents, etc... So yes, Virginia, I did have a gay great uncle, and he had four daughters and three grandchildren (one of the daughters became a nun).