PDA

View Full Version : 20% of Republicans leaning to Obama!

RedGrouse
02-09-2012, 01:15 AM
20% of Republicans leaning to Obama!
http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/20-of-republicans-leaning-to-obama/

I don't think I can trust this poll.

Janice
02-09-2012, 02:04 AM
Now some of the Romney votes are making a bit more sense.

fettpett
02-09-2012, 09:47 AM
talk about misleading

In every case except the match-up against Ron Paul, more than 20 percent of Republican voters said they are more likely to support Obama than the Republican challenger. And Ron Paul is close, as 19 percent of Republicans said they are more likely to support Obama than Paul.

Then goes on to say this:

It does help Obama that the recent upbeat economic news appears to have buoyed spirit nationwide. One third of respondents – 34 percent — said Obama has exceeded expectations during his first term in office, while another 20 percent said he has performed as expected. Less than half – 47 percent – said he has fallen short of their expectations for him as president.

Among independents, 60 percent said Obama has either met or exceeded expectations. Among political moderates, 52 percent said the same thing.

Obama would defeat all of the four Republicans if the election were held today, but Ron Paul fares the best against the incumbent. Obama leads Paul, 44 percent to 40 percent, with 16 percent undecided.

“This is likely a reflection of discontent over Obama’s handling of the economy and, in particular, his outsized appetite for deficit spending,” observed Wenzel. “Paul has far and away offered the clearest and most serious plan to cut federal spending, and it appears to be recognized by these survey respondents.”

Romney also is within single digits of Obama, currently trailing, 48 percent to 41 percent. Obama leads both Gingrich and Rick Santorum Santorum by double-digits. Obama leads Gingrich, 50 percent to 36 percent, and Santorum, 49 percent to 34 percent.

I can say that he's meet my expectations, that doesn't mean it's for the positive, I fully expected this crap from him 4 years ago.

never heard of this group before either, so makes me question their polling data.
http://www.wenzelstrategies.com/?page_id=930

AmPat
02-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Hmmm, coincidentally, that is the approximate percentage of self proclaimed liberals.

DumbAss Tanker
02-09-2012, 11:32 AM
I wouldn't believe WND if they said it was going to be warm in July. It's a random noise generator, not a news source.

Apocalypse
02-09-2012, 12:23 PM
That polling/strat group has been around for 6 years, and does some work for FOX News. But I checked out their site, and they have nothing about this poll they supposedly did.

As fettpett pointed out correctly, its very misleading.

I rarely trust any thing from WND, they have shown in the past of exaggerating articles they produce. I do find it odd Drudge has it on his front page. And its plastered all over the Ron Paul boards right now.

Looking at WND's political page, half of its Anti Romney crap.

'Some latent doubtfulness about Romney as nominee' FYI, many in the latino communities call Romney the "First Latino President" because of his past.

Radio host unloads on Romney

Romney in 2005 'took Obama stance' Which is another stretch of the facts. Romney vetoed the bill, the state congress overturned his veto and passed the bill any how. Romney's lawyer read the law and Romney correctly stated the new law superseded the old one and said he was obligated under the law to comply.

Poll: Obama edges ahead of Romney in Virginia

Molon Labe
02-09-2012, 01:04 PM
The only truth to that poll is that it will be true in if someone like Romney wins the nomination it will not energize voters. They tend to stay home.

I doubt 20% or Repubs will cast a vote for Obama, but you can bet that independants will show up for O over the GOP nod.

Chuck58
02-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Upbeat economic news?????

I guess most of those polled haven't been to the grocery store lately. I went with my wife for the first time in months and almost fell over.

I'm thinking Washington doesn't include groceries when considering the inflation rate. We're headed for Carter type hyperinflation, if we aren't already there.

Zathras
02-09-2012, 05:23 PM
20% of Republicans leaning to Obama!
http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/20-of-republicans-leaning-to-obama/

And if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

fettpett
02-09-2012, 05:28 PM
And if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

one in Alaska? :D:D

JoeKwonDo
02-09-2012, 05:35 PM
The only truth to that poll is that it will be true in if someone like Romney wins the nomination it will not energize voters. They tend to stay home.

I doubt 20% or Repubs will cast a vote for Obama, but you can bet that independants will show up for O over the GOP nod.

If a voter from the right side cannot get energized to vote for any of the four left versus Obama,well let me speak to them directly - "You have to be the dumbest idiot on the planet!" :OhNoes:

RedGrouse
02-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Upbeat economic news?????

I guess most of those polled haven't been to the grocery store lately. I went with my wife for the first time in months and almost fell over.

I'm thinking Washington doesn't include groceries when considering the inflation rate. We're headed for Carter type hyperinflation, if we aren't already there.

I don't think the economy is getting better too. I think the true unemployment rate is 16%.

txradioguy
02-10-2012, 02:00 AM
If a voter from the right side cannot get energized to vote for any of the four left versus Obama,well let me speak to them directly - "You have to be the dumbest idiot on the planet!" :OhNoes:

QFT. This needs to be repeated early and often.

Zathras
02-10-2012, 02:08 AM

Well that explains DUmbass128.

AmPat
02-10-2012, 09:23 AM
I don't think the economy is getting better too. I think the true unemployment rate is 16%.
Rush called this leftist ploy many months ago. He said that since no president has ever been elected with an unemployment rate above 8 percent, that the number would be magically 8 percent. The media will dutifully propagandize this corrupt administration's lie and the idiot voters will lap it up. The smart, educated ones will see right through it but that isn't the population who votes for DimoRats.