PDA

View Full Version : Report: Hackers Break Into 'Big Bang Machine' Computer Network

GrumpyOldLady
09-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Store Here (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,422268,00.html)

The Collider computer was hacked into by a group that did no harm to the machine.

They left messages basically saying that the security on the "Doomsday Machine' was
done by school children. (inferior)

Those in charge say that the people who hacked it seemed to just want to make a message
that the security wasn't good.

So - DID THEY LISTEN? It was hackedl. DID THEY LISTEN and do they now understand
if security isn't good, then the whole thing could be turned into a major weapon?

I hope 'they' (those that run that Collider) are listening.

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Store Here (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,422268,00.html)

The Collider computer was hacked into by a group that did no harm to the machine.

They left messages basically saying that the security on the "Doomsday Machine' was
done by school children. (inferior)

Those in charge say that the people who hacked it seemed to just want to make a message
that the security wasn't good.

So - DID THEY LISTEN? It was hackedl. DID THEY LISTEN and do they now understand
if security isn't good, then the whole thing could be turned into a major weapon?

I hope 'they' (those that run that Collider) are listening.

Oh Shit!!!:eek:

http://www.worldofsoil.co.uk/blogger/uploaded_images/oh_shit-759720.jpg

Sonnabend
09-14-2008, 06:25 PM

Uh..scuse me..how?

GrumpyOldLady
09-14-2008, 06:50 PM
If hackers can get into the computer of a supposedly secure COLLIDER, then god only knows what they could do to it. That's what I mean by changing it into a weapon.

There are a lot of questions about that 'doomsday' collider and what exactly it may do.

Throw in a bunch of hackers who could screw with the system and that spells trouble.

At least to me it does.

hampshirebrit
09-14-2008, 08:26 PM
If hackers can get into the computer of a supposedly secure COLLIDER, then god only knows what they could do to it. That's what I mean by changing it into a weapon.

There are a lot of questions about that 'doomsday' collider and what exactly it may do.

Throw in a bunch of hackers who could screw with the system and that spells trouble.

At least to me it does.

Not really.

Sonna's right to ask the question. What they're doing there cannot be weaponized. And security is fine, anyway.

They didn't get past much, from what I've heard. Probably the "who wants what from the lunch truck today" database.

Don't lose sleep over it.

This is good science they're doing over at CERN.

megimoo
09-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Not really.

Sonna's right to ask the question. What they're doing there cannot be weaponized. And security is fine, anyway.

They didn't get past much, from what I've heard. Probably the "who wants what from the lunch truck today" database.

Don't lose sleep over it.

This is good science they're doing over at CERN.They could bend the pipes and bounce the Hiigh speed beam from the Moon and zap London and Paris !/DUmp Mode Off !

patriot45
09-14-2008, 08:40 PM
They could bend the pipes and bounce the Hiigh speed beam from the Moon and zap London and Paris !/DUmp Mode Off !

I keep telling you guys, this has been made into movies and I've read about it in trashy novels!!! We are DOOMED!!!!!:eek:

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2008, 09:08 PM
I keep telling you guys, this has been made into movies and I've read about it in trashy novels!!! We are DOOMED!!!!!:eek:

The Fools. They probably don't believe in zombies either. :eek:

SarasotaRepub
09-14-2008, 09:20 PM

Could be Pat! I think Dr. Who used one to destroy the Daleks! ;)

http://www.the-word-is-not-enough.com/blog/rob/images/DaleksInManhattan.jpg

GrumpyOldLady
09-15-2008, 06:22 AM
Not really.
security is fine, anyway. .

The place just got hacked.
I'd say security is NOT fine.
At least not IMHO.

Odysseus
09-15-2008, 11:59 AM
"Och, Captain, the anti-matter pods are overloading the dilithium crystals and the toilets are backing up into the warp drive! If we dinna find a proto-matter plunger before the sewers back up, we're all doomed!":eek:

The Fools. They probably don't believe in zombies either. :eek:
We should all believe in zombies. In fact, I've made several. It's not that hard:

Ingredients:

1 part white rum
1 part golden rum
1 part dark rum
1 part apricot brandy
1 part pineapple juice
1 part papaya juice
part 151-proof rum
Dash of grenadine or other syrup

Preparation: Mix ingredients other than the 151 in a shaker with ice. Pour into glass and top with the high-proof rum.