PDA

View Full Version : Glitter bombing

Rockntractor
02-09-2012, 12:50 PM
How much time would some one spend in jail if the President was glitter bombed.
All the liberals seem to think it is humorous when Republican presidential candidates are assaulted in this manner.

linda22003
02-09-2012, 12:57 PM
It bothers me, too - if you can get that close to attack with something harmless, it could just as easily be something harmful.

Novaheart
02-09-2012, 01:01 PM
All the liberals seem to think it is humorous when Republican presidential candidates are assaulted in this manner.

When you go off on this, I immediately think of "ticker tape" parades. For a long time parades have dropped various things on people on the street; ticker tape, confetti, candy, beads.

Wiki:
Glitter bombing is "technically assault and battery" according to Mark R. Vernazza, a legal associate at Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP, although Vernazza also states that without proof of intent to injure, prosecution is unlikely.[3]

By the same token, some other activities at political protests (of any political persuasion) are "technically illegal", and would get police attention if done elsewhere. Screaming into a bullhorn is OK on the Capitol steps at 4 pm, but not OK on Prospect Street at 4 am.

Rockntractor
02-09-2012, 01:04 PM
It bothers me, too - if you can get that close to attack with something harmless, it could just as easily be something harmful.

That was my thought, anthrax or many other compounds could be mixed in. This is no joke and should be dealt with severely.

Arroyo_Doble
02-09-2012, 01:19 PM

I am not following you here. Are you arguing for some kind of bubble for politicians where no one can get near them? If that is the case, shouldn't the example of former representative Gabrielle Giffords be more cautionary than some attention queens throwing a kindergarten school supply?

txradioguy
02-09-2012, 01:23 PM

Depends on who the President is.

Rockntractor
02-09-2012, 01:24 PM
I am not following you here. Are you arguing for some kind of bubble for politicians where no one can get near them? If that is the case, shouldn't the example of former representative Gabrielle Giffords be more cautionary than some attention queens throwing a kindergarten school supply?

Only one has been charged that I am aware of and then only with a misdemeanor, this could easily be used as a cover for a much more dangerous assault, the penalty should be raised to eliminate the pranksters.

linda22003
02-09-2012, 01:30 PM

No, not a bubble, but the example of Giffords should stand as a caution as to why "queens with school supplies" might not be so benign.

Arroyo_Doble
02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Only one has been charged that I am aware of and then only with a misdemeanor, this could easily be used as a cover for a much more dangerous assault, the penalty should be raised to eliminate the pranksters.

No, not a bubble, but the example of Giffords should stand as a caution as to why "queens with school supplies" might not be so benign.

Well you really don't know until the queen flings or fires.

Obviously, keeping anyone from rushing a candidate should be important no matter what their intent.

JB
02-10-2012, 11:48 PM
It just cracks me up that liberals can easily dismiss battery due to the instrument that was used in the commission of the crime.

Actually, it doesn't crack me up.

Novaheart
02-10-2012, 11:52 PM
It just cracks me up that liberals can easily dismiss battery due to the instrument that was used in the commission of the crime.

Actually, it doesn't crack me up.

A kid throws a rock at your car. Another kid throws a feather at your car. Do you honestly believe that the police are going to charge them both with hurling deadly missile?

Glitter bombing is harmless. That's why no one without an ax to grind gives a damn.

Novaheart
02-10-2012, 11:53 PM

If schmiff. Somebody could hand a candidate an exploding baby, or worse one with a really bad cold.

Novaheart
02-10-2012, 11:56 PM

Are you equating the President and a bunch of has beens running for office? There is a fundamental difference between Rick Santorum, rent boy to whomever is paying his bills these days and whomever is occupying the office of President of the United States.

Rockntractor
02-10-2012, 11:56 PM
A kid throws a rock at your car. Another kid throws a feather at your car. Do you honestly believe that the police are going to charge them both with hurling deadly missile?

Glitter bombing is harmless. That's why no one without an ax to grind gives a damn.

If either one were throwing something at a car with the president in it I guarantee you would get some action and their would be a penalty, I think he would be on his way to the ground before anything left his hand.

Do you ever wonder why no one takes anything you say seriously anymore?

Novaheart
02-11-2012, 12:02 AM

I thought it was because I'm the only one who doesn't post while drinking.

JB
02-11-2012, 12:04 AM
A kid throws a rock at your car. Another kid throws a feather at your car. Do you honestly believe that the police are going to charge them both with hurling deadly missile?I'm not talking about kids, I'm not talking about rocks, I'm not talking about feathers. Stay focused on the topic.

I'm talking about pukes that feel they can behave any way they feel without repercussion. They at least need to be charged with battery so it's on their record. So if a pattern develops it can be dealt with.

I'm sick of seeing it. Whether it's glitter or flour or pies or paint. I'm sick of seeing these pukes acting criminally and having it dismissed as some sort of protest behavior. They need to be charged.

And I haven't even gotten my Internet dick out of my pants yet. If glitter or flour, etc lands on my two thousand dollar suit I'm taking it out in trade. Maybe trade times three.

Rockntractor
02-11-2012, 12:04 AM
I thought it was because I'm the only one who doesn't post while drinking.

If everything is screwed up but you that should really give you a clue.

Novaheart
02-11-2012, 01:13 AM

That's so close to "Nobody likes you." but then I'm being told this by someone who makes juvenile remarks about anal sex, bestiality, and pedophilia while cheering on his own private peanut gallery of similarly minded cretins.

Kay
02-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Glitter bombing is harmless.
That's why no one without an ax to grind gives a damn.

Have one of your buttbudies hurl a spec of glitter into your eyeball.
Then come back with your scratched cornea and tell us again how it's harmless.

Zathras
02-11-2012, 02:46 AM
I thought it was because I'm the only one who doesn't post while thinking.

Fixed that for you.

txradioguy
02-11-2012, 04:20 AM
That's so close to "Nobody likes you." but then I'm being told this by someone who makes juvenile remarks about anal sex, bestiality, and pedophilia while cheering on his own private peanut gallery of similarly minded cretins.

And he's making those comments to someone who thinks all of the above is is perfectly ok to do and we're just too darn uptight.

Novaheart
02-11-2012, 11:46 AM
And he's making those comments to someone who thinks all of the above is is perfectly ok to do and we're just too darn uptight.

Hey , Peanut, what took you so long to show up?

The Romeo and Juliet laws and parental consent to sex laws weren't written to keep gay men out of jail for statutory rape, they were written to keep your stupid ass out of jail. Of course, that's only when you are "hitting it" with a near age American girl, foreign whorehouses would be another matter and law.

Rockntractor
02-11-2012, 11:48 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Ditz_Crackers_Wa_4.jpg

Novaheart
02-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Have one of your buttbudies hurl a spec of glitter into your eyeball.
Then come back with your scratched cornea and tell us again how it's harmless.

Yeah, and the Priest could hit you in the head with the thurible in the land of possible scenarios.

FlaGator
02-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Yeah, and the Priest could hit you in the head with the thurible in the land of possible scenarios.

False dichotomy. The Priest isn't trying to hit any one in the head with anything whereas the one throwing the glitter bomb is generally aiming at the head and intentionally throwing something. The chance of something physically harmful happening is much greater.

txradioguy
02-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Hey , Peanut, what took you so long to show up?

Sorry kid diddler I've been packing up my house to move.

The Romeo and Juliet laws and parental consent to sex laws weren't written to keep gay men out of jail for statutory rape, they were written to keep your stupid ass out of jail. Of course, that's only when you are "hitting it" with a near age American girl, foreign whorehouses would be another matter and law.

I have no idea what you just said above. My pedophile knob slobber to english dictionary is broken.

Take the dick out of your mouth and try again.