PDA

View Full Version : Boy's Sticker Design Nixed, Replaced By Runner-Up

RedGrouse
02-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Boy's Sticker Design Nixed, Replaced By Runner-Up
http://news.yahoo.com/video/chicagocbs2-15750637/boy-s-sticker-design-nixed-replaced-by-runner-up-28238572.html

Do you see any gang symbols?

noonwitch
02-09-2012, 03:28 PM
6 pointed stars can be gang symbols, unless they are the traditional Star of David. The hand positions could be gang signs, depending on how the hands are arranged. I don't know the gang stuff anymore, I knew it better in the 90s, when I was a delinquency worker. Back then, there were numerous gangs, but they all fell into two "families", Folks and People. The symbol was a trident, "Folks up, People down", referring to the direction the trident faced.

I know the kid lives in Chicago, so wearing a Bulls jersey should be insignificant. However, back in the 90s, the Latin Counts wore Chicago Bulls merchandise and the Cobras (their rival) wore Boston Celtics stuff. Both gangs originated in Chicago, and were originally exclusively hispanic, but they started letting in non-hispanic white punks and black kids, because it became more of a neighborhood thing than an ethnic one.

NJCardFan
02-09-2012, 10:05 PM
6 pointed stars can be gang symbols, unless they are the traditional Star of David. The hand positions could be gang signs, depending on how the hands are arranged. I don't know the gang stuff anymore, I knew it better in the 90s, when I was a delinquency worker. Back then, there were numerous gangs, but they all fell into two "families", Folks and People. The symbol was a trident, "Folks up, People down", referring to the direction the trident faced.

I know the kid lives in Chicago, so wearing a Bulls jersey should be insignificant. However, back in the 90s, the Latin Counts wore Chicago Bulls merchandise and the Cobras (their rival) wore Boston Celtics stuff. Both gangs originated in Chicago, and were originally exclusively hispanic, but they started letting in non-hispanic white punks and black kids, because it became more of a neighborhood thing than an ethnic one.

The 2nd from the right looks like a Neta(pronounced n'yeta) sign:
http://www.gangsrreal.com/images/hand-sign4.jpg

But that's really stretching it.