PDA

View Full Version : Kathleen Falk: Im prepared to hold the State hostage.

Apocalypse
02-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Union leaders are asking Democratic candidates for governor to veto the next state budget if it doesn't restore collective bargaining for public workers, and one leading candidate - Kathleen Falk - has agreed.

Such a veto could lead to gridlock with the Legislature, particularly if Republicans continue to control one or both houses, and to possible layoffs of state workers, officials warned. Nonetheless, the move is a key strategy that union leaders are considering for undoing Gov. Scott Walker's repeal last year of most collective bargaining for public employees.

Falk, the former Dane County executive, has committed to restoring collective bargaining in the next state budget and vetoing the budget if those provisions come out. Four other Democrats, including Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, said they wouldn't commit to any one strategy to accomplish that.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/unions-ask-democrats-in-walker-recall-to-make-veto-pledge-rs44cuo-138957844.html

Walker getting defeated is a long shot at best. But if Falk gets the job, hell or high water, she will destroy every thing to pander to the unions and their interest. And of course it will all be the fault of the "Right wing terrorist" who are "Trying to throw grandma off a cliff" while proclaiming "Its for the children".

Apache
02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
and to possible layoffs of state workers, officials warnedTherein shows the Left has no intention of getting us out of the mess they created. For them it's about power. Gaining, maintaining and wresting power for themselves...:rolleyes:

Janice
02-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Scumbags. Country is going down the drain and all they can think about opening up more drains for their own selfish desires.

fettpett
02-10-2012, 10:14 AM
no surprise...just following the signature thing on facebook, it's insane how many fraudulent ones there are. I would bet that a full 1/3 of them are frauds.

Liberals will stoop to any level to get their way.

noonwitch
02-10-2012, 01:35 PM
no surprise...just following the signature thing on facebook, it's insane how many fraudulent ones there are. I would bet that a full 1/3 of them are frauds.

Liberals will stoop to any level to get their way.

I don't know anything about Gov. Walker and Wisconsin, but I'm a liberal who likes our republican governor in Michigan. My union hates him, since we are state employees and all, but he has shown himself to be committed to our mission in children's services. The only thing he's done that I really object to is making us pay 4% of our yearly income into our pension plan, but that's better than the pension fund going bankrupt before I retire.

He hasn't cut our pay, and he's not trying to enact a socially conservative agenda on people who don't want it. I also don't know if Walker has tried to do that in Wisconsin, but Snyder won his election by a wide margin. I like Governor Snyder also because he's one of the only politicians in the state who isn't on the payroll of the guy who owns the Ambassador Bridge.