PDA

View Full Version : Military helicopters overhead in the middle of LA.

SarasotaRepub
02-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Very amusing thread... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002293991):D

Fri Feb 10, 2012, 02:05 PM
JDPriestly

Military helicopters overhead in the middle of LA.

We live in a residential neighborhood near the center of LA.

Just now, about 12 military helicopters flew over our heads. The noise was deafening. There is no justification for harassing city dwellers in this way. We are not in the middle of an insurrection. We have no huge crime problem (at least not compared to past problems). This is simply an annoying waste of money.

We have enough air traffic over our homes, enough police helicopters and freeway traffic. We do not need this noise pollution. Why is our government spending tax money like that when we don't have enough money for health care or education?

We simply do not need those military aircraft over the City of LA.

If Obama wants Los Angeles residents to vote for him in November, he needs to get those helicopters and all that military noise out of the city. This is where people live -- peaceful people. We have to contend with too much noise and commotion as it is. I'm not normally a get off my lawn oldster, but this is just too much. President Obama, get your military trash out of my airway.

I think JD has had a tad too much JD. The "Black Choppers" are out to get em and it's Obama's fault!!! :DDsmilie_panic:

JB
02-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Black helicopters and SUVs running around your hood used to be a good way to get DU street cred. But Bambi's in charge now, we look the other way. Or it's training missions, etc, etc.

Apache
02-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Couple-O-points there JD...

I've been to LA, there is NOTHING peaceful about, in, or around that hell-hole.

I MIGHT have SOME sympathy if this was an all the time occurence but it's not. The noise lasted what, 30 seconds, and was annoying for 5? Deal with it...asshole!

The choppers over your ungrateful noggin are the sound of freedom, be proud! You piece of useless trash:Flag2:

JB
02-11-2012, 12:10 AM
^ True. The guy's talking like he lives in Backporch, Iowa where if you flick your lighter you can no longer hear the crickets. :D

Apache
02-11-2012, 12:24 AM
^ True. The guy's talking like he lives in Backporch, Iowa where if you flick your lighter you can no longer hear the crickets. :D

Have you been spying on me :confused:

JB
02-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Have you been spying on me :confused:Is there any property for sale in Backporch? I am tired of the concrete jungle life. I need quiet. Like...Yo, it's really freaking quiet. Too quiet.

Apache
02-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Is there any property for sale in Backporch? I am tired of the concrete jungle life. I need quiet. Like...Yo, it's really freaking quiet. Too quiet.

Just gotta know where to look ;) I don't think I can go back to the city :cool:

BadCat
02-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Is there any property for sale in Backporch? I am tired of the concrete jungle life. I need quiet. Like...Yo, it's really freaking quiet. Too quiet.

Move on out here to Mayberry. You want quiet, we got QUIET.

marv
02-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Quiet? Try it here in Shell Knob, MO............

http://wow.uscgaux.info/Uploads_wowII/085-05-05/aerialnew.jpg

...no gangbangers or black helicopters - yet! Just lots of deer.........

Apache
02-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Quiet? Try it here in Shell Knob, MO............

http://wow.uscgaux.info/Uploads_wowII/085-05-05/aerialnew.jpg

...no gangbangers or black helicopters - yet! Just lots of deer.........

I'll be passing close by on my way back to Indiana...:eek:

djones520
02-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Apparently the jerk doesn't pay any attention to the news. There has been warnings of this exercise in many major media outlets for weeks.

It's a shame he was inconvenienced for a few seconds. I'm sure the military leadership will take that into account, and forgo planning any training missions in LA from now on. He can just deal with whatever threat pops up in the city should it ever occur.

djones520
02-11-2012, 12:36 PM
I just read through that, it's hilarious. People coming out of the woodworks telling JDPriestly that he's being paranoid and should just settle down, and every time they do he just beats the drum a little bit harder. :rolleyes:

Novaheart
02-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Apparently the jerk doesn't pay any attention to the news. There has been warnings of this exercise in many major media outlets for weeks.

It's a shame he was inconvenienced for a few seconds. I'm sure the military leadership will take that into account, and forgo planning any training missions in LA from now on. He can just deal with whatever threat pops up in the city should it ever occur.

Even when you know why, it's sometimes creepy. Not to defend this guy on DU, I didn't even read it. But when I am out on the marsh and one of those monster airplanes that looks about as aerodynamic as a greyhound bus with wings ambles in to Macdill, it looks like it's flying so slow it will simply drop at any moment.

DumbAss Tanker
02-11-2012, 02:28 PM
DAMMIT!!!! I wish they would get their date-time groups correct, the plan is for October 2, not February 10!!!!

Ummm...nevermind...

;)

Novaheart
02-11-2012, 03:06 PM
DAMMIT!!!! I wish they would get their date-time groups correct, the plan is for October 2, not February 10!!!!

Ummm...nevermind...

;)

There used to be this person I couldn't help myself but to torture on another board. So I invented The Unification. Every time he would complain about the New World Order, I would attempt to calm him by telling him that in reality The Unification was coming, and that he would know it was coming when Queen Elizabeth II announcing that she was going to retire the monarchy in favor of the Imperial Senate which would include the English speaking countries, Japan, Brazil, Argentina, and of course the German states.

DumbAss Tanker
02-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Sounds like great fun, I have to admit!

:D

JB
02-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Move on out here to Mayberry. You want quiet, we got QUIET.Yeah, you're East Coast now aren't you? Still in software or something else?

michaelsean
02-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I guess the DUmmie thinks it would be a better idea to truck the helicopters when they need to get from Point A to Point B.