PDA

View Full Version : Romney Wins Maine Caucuses Preference Poll

Rockntractor
02-11-2012, 09:11 PM
By National Journal Staff
Updated: February 11, 2012 | 7:40 p.m.
February 11, 2012 | 6:14 p.m.

Mitt Romney completed a double-barreled comeback Saturday night with a victory in Maine. He won 39 percent of the votes cast in preference polls at caucuses throughout the state. Texas Rep. Ron Paul came in second with 36 percent.

Earlier Saturday, Romney pulled off a surprise win at the Conservative Political Action Committee conference in Washington. The former Massachusetts governor topped the CPAC field with 38 percent of the vote at the gathering of conservative activists.

"I thank the voters of Maine for their support," Romney said in a statement released after the results were announced. "I’m committed to turning around America. And I’m heartened to have the support of so many good people in this great state."

The pair of victories did not bring Romney any of the national convention delegates needed to win the GOP nomination -- the CPAC straw poll was purely a beauty contest, and Maine's delegates will be chosen in May at a state convention. But they did help Romney finish a bad week on a high note. On Tuesday, he lost the Missouri primary and the Minnesota and Colorado caucuses to former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum.

Santorum and former House speaker Newt Gingrich did not compete in Maine, making it essentially a two-man race between Romney and Paul. Santorum won 18 percent of the vote in Maine, while Gingrich won 6 percent.

http://www.nationaljournal.com//2012-presidential-campaign/romney-wins-maine-caucuses-preference-poll-20120211

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/forums/eis-cracks-klein-klein.jpg

Articulate_Ape
02-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Texas Rep. Ron Paul came in second with 36 percent.

But that's just silly. What really matters is...

Santorum won 18 percent of the vote in Maine, while Gingrich won 6 percent.

Screw Maine. WTF do they know? Hell, why are they even a state? Stupid Maine.

Bailey
02-11-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm sure Mike is real happy this night

Arroyo_Doble
02-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Screw Maine. WTF do they know? Hell, why are they even a state? Stupid Maine.

The 20th gets them a lifetime membership. That's the rules.

Retread
02-11-2012, 11:00 PM
And Mitt got the CPAC straw poll

mike128
02-12-2012, 01:50 AM
I'm sure Mike is real happy this night
Why should I be happy? Flip Romney WON Maine. And Ron Paul came in second. I was actually hoping that Ron Paul would take Maine, so that I could have a good laugh. Anything to stop Romney's momentum. I would have LOVED to see the look on Flip Romney's face if he had lost to Ron Paul! It would have been HILLARIOUS! Especially since Rick Santorum and Newt weren't even on the ballot in Maine.

I went to my first year of college in Maine. Believe me, there is NOTHING up there! News on Maine local TV is when some unknown High School baseball team from Bangor beats another High School baseball team from Portland. I really feel bad for Maine TV news stations, because things are so dead up there, that the news anchors and journalists up there can't possibly advance their careers. And all the college women up there look like they are "well fed" from growing up on a farm (sorry). Maine women are fat and ugly. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but I'm just calling it as I saw it.

Maine was a waste of time for all of the candidates. These people are so isolated, they don't even have a clue! Why else did Maine elect two LIBERALS as Republican Senators, Sue Collins and Olympia Snowe?? Go figure! :confused:

Kay
02-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Mike, you really need to release all this negativity you carry.
I don't think I've ever seen you make a positive post about anything.

mike128
02-12-2012, 02:29 AM
Mike, you really need to release all this negativity you carry.
I don't think I've ever seen you make a positive post about anything.
Check out my post about Rick Santorum winning his landslide victory in 3 consecutive states. THAT was a good night for me! :)

Zathras
02-12-2012, 02:50 AM
Why should I be happy? Flip Romney WON Maine. And Ron Paul came in second. I was actually hoping that Ron Paul would take Maine, so that I could have a good laugh. Anything to stop Romney's momentum. I would have LOVED to see the look on Flip Romney's face if he had lost to Ron Paul! It would have been HILLARIOUS! Especially since Rick Santorum and Newt weren't even on the ballot in Maine.

I went to my first year of college in Maine. Believe me, there is NOTHING up there! News on Maine local TV is when some unknown High School baseball team from Bangor beats another High School baseball team from Portland. I really feel bad for Maine TV news stations, because things are so dead up there, that the news anchors and journalists up there can't possibly advance their careers. And all the college women up there look like they are "well fed" from growing up on a farm (sorry). Maine women are fat and ugly. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but I'm just calling it as I saw it.

Maine was a waste of time for all of the candidates. These people are so isolated, they don't even have a clue! Why else did Maine elect two LIBERALS as Republican Senators, Sue Collins and Olympia Snowe?? Go figure! :confused:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/deadhorse.jpg

mike128
02-12-2012, 04:30 AM
Once again, Stop it, Zathras! :mad:

Zathras
02-12-2012, 04:35 AM

Or what? You going to stamp your feet and throw a tantrum like a petulant child if I don't do what you ask?

When you stop, I'll stop. Simple as that. However, continue to post your obsessive hatred for Mitt Romney and the picture goes up each and every time you do it. Don't like it? Too fucking bad DUmbass...deal with it.

fettpett
02-12-2012, 10:27 AM

hahahahaha, such a tool