PDA

View Full Version : JCPenney CEO: Ellen DeGeneres Shares SAME VALUES As Our Company

mike128
02-12-2012, 03:54 AM
For those of you who don't already know, JCPenney has already hired open homosexual, Ellen DeGeneres (a.k.a. 'Ellen') to be the spokesperson for JCPenney, in order to revive their sagging sales revenue. Theoretically, there is nothing wrong with that, because it's a free market. But Ron Johnson, CEO of JCPenney, took it ONE STEP FURTHER, by publicly stating LIVE, on CBS News, that Ellen "shares the same 'values' that we do in our company (JCPenney)".

Here's the link, with the video:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57373794/j.c-penney-ceo-on-ellen-degeneres-controversy/

So what exactly are those "values" that Ellen DeGenerate and JCPenney share? Gay Marriage? Gay Adoption? Alternative Lifestyle Families?? Partial-Birth Abortion??

I don't know about you, but I am NO LONGER going to patronize JCPenney! I had purchased jeans and some PNP video game from them in my local mall in the past. But now that the CEO of JCPenney has publicly stated that Ellen and JCPenney share the same "values", I REFUSE to give JCPenney another dime!

The only thing that I forgot to say in this post is to support OneMillionMoms.com in this fight to stop liberal corporations like JCPenney from perpetuating the culture of deviance and death. Even though I disagree with some aspects of their approach to this issue with JCPenney, I fully SUPPORT their cause. Their website is as follows:
http://www.onemillionmoms.com/currentissue.asp

FeebMaster
02-12-2012, 04:42 AM
Cheap and semi-stylish clothes?

Those monsters.

Zathras
02-12-2012, 04:46 AM
More fake outrage and bluster from CU's faux conservative

Novaheart
02-12-2012, 12:09 PM
So what exactly are those "values" that Ellen DeGenerate and JCPenney share? Gay Marriage? Gay Adoption? Alternative Lifestyle Families?? Partial-Birth Abortion??

Things you might have little grasp of, like decency, kindness, and an annoyingly cutesy sense of humor.

I don't know about you, but I am NO LONGER going to patronize JCPenney!

I think DU is having a sale on boycotts today. Two for one you can boycott businesses you rarely patronized in the first place.

MountainMan
02-13-2012, 12:50 AM
For those of you who don't already know, JCPenney has already hired open homosexual, Ellen DeGeneres (a.k.a. 'Ellen') to be the spokesperson for JCPenney, in order to revive their sagging sales revenue. Theoretically, there is nothing wrong with that, because it's a free market. But Ron Johnson, CEO of JCPenney, took it ONE STEP FURTHER, by publicly stating LIVE, on CBS News, that Ellen "shares the same 'values' that we do in our company (JCPenney)".

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57373794/j.c-penney-ceo-on-ellen-degeneres-controversy/

I don't know about you, but I am NO LONGER going to patronize JCPenney! I had purchased jeans and some PNP video game from them in my local mall in the past. But now that the CEO of JCPenney has publicly stated that Ellen and JCPenney share the same "values", I REFUSE to give JCPenney another dime!

The only thing that I forgot to say in this post is to support OneMillionMoms.com in this fight to stop liberal corporations like JCPenney from perpetuating the culture of deviance and death. Even though I disagree with some aspects of their approach to this issue with JCPenney, I fully SUPPORT their cause. Their website is as follows:

Oh fucking grow up you little shithead. I shop at JCPenny's not because of Ellen Degenerate but because they have the clothes that fit someone who needs his shirts to say XLT or XXLT depending on the manufacturer.
Hell, even though I can't stand Levi's politics, there jeans are second to none in quality. The ONLY reason I don't buy them is what they charge. Im not spending 50 dollars on jeans.

Stop trying to create outrage where there is none. We have Mitt Romney to elect to the White House.

BadCat
02-13-2012, 09:24 AM
I never shopped there anyway, but I'd be boycotting them now if I did.

AmPat
02-13-2012, 10:23 AM
What do we expect from those French? :confused::cool:

fettpett
02-13-2012, 11:23 AM
yeah...cuz boycotts work :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Novaheart
02-13-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't see the big deal. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a homosexual in print advertising. Underwear, cars, lawyers, beer commercials- damned sodomites are everywhere.

http://celebslists.com/images/gregg-avedon-07.jpg

noonwitch
02-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Is it really that big of a deal that Penneys hired an openly gay woman to be their spokesperson? Ellen is not exactly in your face about her sexuality anymore, like she was when she first came out.

I haven't shopped at Penney's since I was a kid-as a teenager, I used to love their denim overalls. Big Mac, Square Back. But they kind of lost their niche in the market when they tried to compete with more upscale stores in the 80s, and their place in the market got taken by Kohls, Marshalls and Target in the 90s.

But in the 70s, when I was a kid, my mom bought most of our clothes there. They had the right combination of quality and value back then.

Novaheart
02-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Is it really that big of a deal that Penneys hired an openly gay woman to be their spokesperson? Ellen is not exactly in your face about her sexuality anymore, like she was when she first came out.

I haven't shopped at Penney's since I was a kid-as a teenager, I used to love their denim overalls. Big Mac, Square Back. But they kind of lost their niche in the market when they tried to compete with more upscale stores in the 80s, and their place in the market got taken by Kohls, Marshalls and Target in the 90s.

But in the 70s, when I was a kid, my mom bought most of our clothes there. They had the right combination of quality and value back then.

Penney's is a valuable resource for my family. My niece isn't very tall, and finding the right clothes and especially hosiery is difficult. To the best of my knowledge, since Parklane Hosiery appears to have gone out of business, Penney's is the only department store which still has a FULL selection of women's hosiery and a clerk who knows about hosiery. They also have the right size proper foundation garments for a young woman who likes to dress with style and structure.

BadCat
02-13-2012, 12:32 PM
yeah...cuz boycotts work :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Who said they did?
It's a personal choice where I spend my money, and JCP won't be one of those places...simple as that.

Hawkgirl
02-13-2012, 12:49 PM
I never shopped at Penney's. I'm more of an Ann Taylor, Macy's, Neiman Marcus kinda gal. This doesn't affect me one bit.

fettpett
02-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Who said they did?
It's a personal choice where I spend my money, and JCP won't be one of those places...simple as that.

wasn't necessarily directed at you, just the general attitude. Don't spend your money there, w/e works for you

Adam Wood
02-13-2012, 01:14 PM

What? Nothing about Romney?

Who in the hell cares if JCP has Ellen DeGeneres doing their commercials? Good Lord. This is just an epic case of stuck on stupid.

Adam Wood
02-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Is it really that big of a deal that Penneys hired an openly gay woman to be their spokesperson? Ellen is not exactly in your face about her sexuality anymore, like she was when she first came out. On a relative scale, she has never really been all that in-your-face about being a lesbian. Not when you compare her to, say, Rosie O'Donnell.

Novaheart
02-13-2012, 01:21 PM
I never shopped at Penney's. I'm more of an Ann Taylor, Macy's, Neiman Marcus kinda gal. This doesn't affect me one bit.

That works if you are flatchested but buxom girls need Penney's for foundation garments.

Zathras
02-13-2012, 01:47 PM
What? Nothing about Romney?

Who in the hell cares if JCP has Ellen DeGeneres doing their commercials? Good Lord. This is just an epic case of stuck on stupid.

I'm surprised DUmbass128 didn't claim Romney shopped there as well.

Articulate_Ape
02-13-2012, 02:10 PM
It's news stories like this that keep me grounded in what's important. It's all too easy to get distracted by the economic and human carnage going on around the world and in this country. We must all try to stay more in tune with vital issues like who JC Penny is associating with because stuff like this can easily get out of hand.

BadCat
02-13-2012, 02:28 PM
It's news stories like this that keep me grounded in what's important. It's all too easy to get distracted by the economic and human carnage going on around the world and in this country. We must all try to stay more in tune with vital issues like who JC Penny is associating with because stuff like this can easily get out of hand.

You are correct, however, for those of us who would rather not do business with someone who would do business with Ellen DeGenerate, it is noteworthy.

I still won't buy Levis because of the company position on same sex "partner" benefits, and they did that about 20 years ago.

Articulate_Ape
02-13-2012, 02:34 PM
You are correct, however, for those of us who would rather not do business with someone who would do business with Ellen DeGenerate, it is noteworthy.

I still won't buy Levis because of the company position on same sex "partner" benefits, and they did that about 20 years ago.

That's the beauty of the free market, BC.

mike128
02-13-2012, 05:36 PM
The big deal, as I said in my original post, is the fact that JCPenney CEO Ron Johnson, publicly declared on national television that Ellen Degenerate fully represents JCPenney's values. I am against Ellen's (and now JCPenney's) values, and I refuse to spend my hard-earned money to help JCPenney promote those ass-backwards values. (Feel free to take 'ass-backwards' literally, if you wish.)

Zathras
02-13-2012, 05:44 PM
The big deal, as I said in my original post, is the fact that JCPenney CEO Ron Johnson, publicly declared on national television that Ellen Degenerate fully represents JCPenney's values. I am against Ellen's (and now JCPenney's) values, and I refuse to spend my hard-earned money to help JCPenney promote those ass-backwards values. (Feel free to take 'ass-backwards' literally, if you wish.)

Yawn, yet more fake outrage from CU's faux conservative troll. Nothing new to see here folks.

Hawkgirl
02-13-2012, 06:45 PM
That works if you are flatchested but buxom girls need Penney's for foundation garments.

You can be buxom and not fat. JCPenney's is for those that need "Women's Sizes". Not that there is anything wrong with that.:cool:

linda22003
02-13-2012, 06:55 PM
The big deal, as I said in my original post, is the fact that JCPenney CEO Ron Johnson, publicly declared on national television that Ellen Degenerate fully represents JCPenney's values. I am against Ellen's (and now JCPenney's) values, and I refuse to spend my hard-earned money to help JCPenney promote those ass-backwards values.

I'm against Penney's values too. I don't wear acrylics/polyesters.

Novaheart
02-14-2012, 10:34 AM
You can be buxom and not fat. JCPenney's is for those that need "Women's Sizes". Not that there is anything wrong with that.:cool:

I was wondering if you were going to let that go unanswered. :)

Arroyo_Doble
02-14-2012, 10:38 AM

Even JC Penney has a limit and the more buxom eventually head to Dillards.

noonwitch
02-14-2012, 02:09 PM

You're just jealous that Ellen has a prettier girfriend than you do.

Rockntractor
02-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Even JC Penney has a limit and the more buxom eventually head to Dillards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RILn3DcHSQ

DumbAss Tanker
02-14-2012, 03:07 PM
J. C. Penney likes munching carpet as much as Ellen Degenerate does? Or maybe it's just that great line from Idiocracy, "I like money, too."

linda22003
02-14-2012, 03:31 PM
J. C. Penney likes munching carpet as much as Ellen Degenerate does?

Well, if he did, I bet his mustache tickled.

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/biography/images/penney_j.jpg

Novaheart
02-14-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm against Penney's values too. I don't wear acrylics/polyesters.

Oh no you did'dint go there, girl.

linda22003
02-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Oh no you did'dint go there, girl.

That's what I SAID. I don't go there. :p

fettpett
02-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Well, if he did, I bet his mustache tickled.

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/biography/images/penney_j.jpg

he looks like Nick Cage:p

Arroyo_Doble
02-14-2012, 05:32 PM
he looks like Nick Cage:p

That, was funny.

Adam Wood
02-14-2012, 05:37 PM
J. C. Penney likes munching carpet as much as Ellen Degenerate does? Or maybe it's just that great line from Idiocracy, "I like money, too."

Stan: What the hell are you doing, Cartman?
Cartman: My Mom said if you want to become a lesbian, you have to lick carpet.
Kyle: Really?
Stan: Well, I got a Indigo Girls CD, the guy at the record store said it was perfect
[puts the CD in the player]
Kyle: I got these killer Birkenstocks.
[the boys all start licking the carpet while the Indigo Girls are playing]
Stan: This is a bunch a' crap! I've been licking this carpet for three hours and I still don't feel like a lesbian!

Hawkgirl
02-14-2012, 05:52 PM

You should know better by now...:D