PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed for THe USA

ABC in Georgia
02-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Just finished listening to Obama's latest speech (lies) to the American people. :vomit:

Don't remember where on the internet I found this ... and am not a Catholic, but do think it could help, for those of us in here that are believers to pray the following to Archangel Michael :

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen..

Make fun of this post if you must, but I can't stand this man and his administration, we must NOT let him be re-elected.

~ ABC

FeebMaster
02-13-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't think prayer is going to cut it.

Janice
02-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Ive been praying for our country since the immaculation of the lefts messiah and his ascension to the oral orifice.

linda22003
02-13-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't think prayer is going to cut it.

It can't hurt, but I'm starting to wonder if the GOP plans to run anyone against him this year. :cool:

ABC in Georgia
02-13-2012, 01:45 PM
PS needed here ...

I am an Anglican, not a Catholic, and believe that this prayer is meant to be used as an intercession to Archangel Michael to pray to God for us.

However ... I think the words are what are important here. Please use them in whatever way you can to help our country.

Un-ashamedly ~ ABC :usflag:

Articulate_Ape
02-13-2012, 02:29 PM
PS needed here ...

I am an Anglican, not a Catholic, and believe that this prayer is meant to be used as an intercession to Archangel Michael to pray to God for us.

Sounds a little like a game of Telephone to me, but what do I know?

Tipsycatlover
02-13-2012, 02:39 PM
We have become so degenerate as a people, God probably isn't at all interested is answering prayers for the USA.

America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.

Alexis de Tocqueville

We have ceased to be good.

ABC in Georgia
02-13-2012, 02:59 PM

I don't really know either, AA. :)

Just trying to protect this country on all sides in any way we can.

Mr. ABC and I came to the US in 1973 ... became Naturalized citizens out of choice, because we wanted to!

We were both born in England ... met and married in Canada ... and are now, unlike our wonderful ... :sarcasm: ... First Lady ... are proud of and love this country.

Hey, guess what my username letters "ABC" stand for?

American By Choice!!!

~ ABC :usflag:

ABC in Georgia
02-13-2012, 03:03 PM
We have become so degenerate as a people, God probably isn't at all interested is answering prayers for the USA.

We have ceased to be good.

Not true of the majority of us Tipsy!

~ ABC

fettpett
02-13-2012, 04:00 PM
why pray to an Angel, when you can pray directly to God...

Catholics...don't get them sometimes...

Rockntractor
02-13-2012, 04:07 PM

I feel the same about SDA's at times but this thread is not about bashing someones belief system, in the spirit in which the thread was started pray for your country in any way your conscience permits and save any doctrinal disagreements for another thread if you like.

noonwitch
02-13-2012, 04:13 PM

He's a rather cool angel. All the images I've seen of Michael have him sticking a pitchfork or a sword through the devil's body.

Tipsycatlover
02-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Not true of the majority of us Tipsy!

~ ABC

Assume for the moment you are correct. The majority can't stop the minority from pushing us over the edge. For all of its might, the majority can't stop the normalization of homosexuality. Can't stop abortion. Can't stop men and women from running out on their families. The majority can't stop the nation from giving support and lots of money to terrorists.

America has ceased to be good as a country. That there are still a scattering of good people in that country doesn't count for much. All that needs to happen for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. If we cannot do so much as vote the chief evil out of office we can't claim to have merely stopped being good, we will have embraced evil and silenced good.

What happens next? You know. You already know.

JB
02-14-2012, 08:35 PM

Catholics...don't get them sometimes...They're called prayers of intercession. It's no different then someone posting a new thread on the board and saying "Can you guys pray for (my uncle, grandfather, son, etc) because he is (suffering an ailment, diagnosed with something, etc). Or if you personally ask a friend "Hey, can you pray for someone for me"?

And FYI: Catholics don't worship Saints. Or the Blessed Mother. We ask them to pray with us and for us to intercede with God on our behalf because of their special relationship with God. We have a communion with the Saints. He gave us the Saints for this reason.

Janice
02-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Assume for the moment you are correct. The majority can't stop the minority from pushing us over the edge. For all of its might, the majority can't stop the normalization of homosexuality. Can't stop abortion. Can't stop men and women from running out on their families. The majority can't stop the nation from giving support and lots of money to terrorists.

America has ceased to be good as a country. That there are still a scattering of good people in that country doesn't count for much. All that needs to happen for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. If we cannot do so much as vote the chief evil out of office we can't claim to have merely stopped being good, we will have embraced evil and silenced good.

What happens next? You know. You already know.

Ive too have been thinkin along these lines since BJ Clinton about this country. Its a shame. At a certain point you would think that there would be a backlash from the collective boot of Statism on Americas neck, from one party in particular, while the other party mostly looks the other way.

Otherwise the contrast to Sodom and Gomorrah diminishes more each and every day. And as certainly as the sheeple wont be able to see the woods for the trees, the lazy frog will "simmer" until its too late and hes already cooked.

Hopefully the pendulum swings the other way pretty soon, else history is about to repeat itself for the umpteenth time.