PDA

View Full Version : On OWS and the Democratic Party

SarasotaRepub
02-14-2012, 06:35 PM
DAS NADIN SPEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002309984#post39) :mad:

Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:18 PM
nadinbrzezinski

On OWS and the Democratic Party

Folks who hate OWS might be in for a surprise on this one. But be careful what you hate or who you hate.

Over the course of the weekend I covered the California Democratic Convention for a local paper. I worked hard to find any who did not like OWS. In fact, all I found were supporters, and in more than a few cases CREDENTIALED DELEGATES who are also very active in Occupy activities.

Not only that, the themes of OWS were all over in speeches and talks by very powerful members of the Democratic Party. These include the Minority Leader, the future head of Finance, if they flip the House, and Senator Feinstein... as well as the Chairman of the State Party.

At least ONE of the State Parties is quite supportive...

Just an observation that I know I will be looking for at the NATIONAL convention. I will be looking for obvious support for OWS.

Quite frankly I was looking forwards to people who are opposed to OWS at least in methods... and did not find them, and not for lack of trying. As to members of Occupy, they made no secret about it.

This is not a news story yet, since I'd love, not going to happen, to get myself into OTHER state conventions to see if this is just my state or a national trend. I know the party wanted to take over OWS, well at least here, it looks like OWS is pretty much the grassroots.

Revere her or be Ignored!!!! :rolleyes::D

Apache
02-14-2012, 06:48 PM
I worked hard to find any who did not like OWS...:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Tipsycatlover
02-14-2012, 06:57 PM
OWS should be WELDED to the democrats. Grafted on.

SarasotaRepub
02-14-2012, 07:01 PM
With Das Nadin behind them, OWS will...ahh...it'll...be...ahhhh...CRUNCHY!!!!:D

Dan D. Doty
02-14-2012, 07:53 PM
I surprised that Nardln didn't tell us " The Delegates then were placed in large itchy sacks and beaten with recycled dead cats. After which each Delegate was either sexually assaulted by certifed Korean midget, or kicked in the balls by a legaly insane bag lady, their choose; fun was had by all.