PDA

View Full Version : Leftists Launch 'Operation Chaos' Effort to Boost Santorum

Apocalypse
02-17-2012, 01:59 AM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/15/1065052/-Announcing-Operation-Hilarity-Let-s-keep-the-GOP-clown-show-going-

It's time for us to take an active role in the GOP nomination process. That's right, it's time for those of us who live in open primary and caucus states—Michigan, North Dakota, Vermont and Tennessee in the next three weeks—to head out and cast a vote for Rick Santorum.

Republican turnout has sucked, and appears to be getting worse by the contest. Unlike the 2008 Democratic primaries, which helped President Barack Obama and the Democrats to build a national organization, the GOP is an organizational disaster, with waning voter interest. That means that it takes fewer votes to have an impact than if Republican turnout was maxed out.
Several of the contests have produced razor-thin margins of victory. Rick Santorum won Iowa by 34 votes, Mitt Romney "won" Maine by 194 votes. It won't take many of us to swing contests the way we want them to swing.

The longer this GOP primary drags on, the better the numbers for Team Blue. Not only is President Barack Obama rising in comparison to the clowns in the GOP field, but GOP intensity is down—which would have repercussions all the way down the ballot.

The longer this thing drags out, the more unpopular the Republican presidential pretenders become. Just look at Mitt Romney's trajectory, which followed Herman Cain's trajectory, and Newt Gingrich's trajectory, and Michelle Bachmann's trajectory, and so on. Rick Santorum will inevitably follow the same path once he gets properly vetted. Mitt Romney has been unable to stem the bleeding despite his tens of millions. Just imagine Santorum, with the far more radical record and a continued inability to raise real money. And in any case, it's freaking hilarious. I mean, Rick Santorum? Really? The Republicans have offered up this big, slow, juicy softball. Let's have fun whacking the heck out of it.

Well they have learned well. But in most cases, I think many on the right want Santorum, they are just apprehensive about his chances not his position. The left could actually be helping us.

mike128
02-17-2012, 02:46 AM
The liberals were dying for Reagan to win the nomination back in 1980. Look what happened back then: Reagan won two landslide victories both in 1980 and in 1984. The libs might be underestimating Santorum. Any Republican nominee that has the full backing and excitement from the base is far more likely to swing independent voters, than a candidate that just has lukewarm support.

So let the liberals help Santorum. They just might get the same result that they got back in 1980. :)

Zathras
02-17-2012, 04:47 AM
The liberals were dying for Reagan to win the nomination back in 1980. Look what happened back then: Reagan won two landslide victories both in 1980 and in 1984. The libs might be underestimating Santorum. Any Republican nominee that has the full backing and excitement from the base is far more likely to swing independent voters, than a candidate that just has lukewarm support.

So let the liberals help Santorum. They just might get the same result that they got back in 1980. :)

Now see just how easy that was? No obsesive hate on Romney in your post so no dead horse picture.

mike128
02-17-2012, 06:43 AM
Now see just how easy that was? No obsesive hate on Romney in your post so no dead horse picture.
I just hope Santorum wins the GOP nomination, so we won't have to argue about Romney anymore. At least we will be on the same page.

Odysseus
02-17-2012, 09:22 AM
I just hope Santorum wins the GOP nomination, so we won't have to argue about Romney anymore. At least we will be on the same page.

I'm trying to decide if this is a witty, ironic response, or just another example of what LTG Honore used to call "stuck on stupid."

Arroyo_Doble
02-17-2012, 09:37 AM
There is a severe lack of imagination in these people.

Zathras
02-17-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm trying to decide if this is a witty, ironic response, or just another example of what LTG Honore used to call "stuck on stupid."

In the case of this DUmbass I'd make the safe call and go with the latter. I'm afraid irony would zoom so far over his head it would look like the space shuttle on liftoff.

linda22003
02-19-2012, 12:14 PM

So you WANT Obama to have a landslide. Well, I guess that fits with your support for Jerry Brown.

Zathras
02-19-2012, 12:19 PM
So you WANT Obama to have a landslide. Well, I guess that fits with your support for Jerry Brown.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/Chsmadden/117607d1248648910-cnet-palm-re-enables-itunes-syncing-oh_snap.gif