PDA

View Full Version : I went to the doctor today

Carol
02-20-2012, 04:45 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1138961)

Star Member proud2BlibKansan (90,209 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

I went to the doctor today
My doctor is a wonderful woman who is very progressive and provides care for the uninsured. I really admire her. We often talk politics.

So today I asked her to tell me about transvaginal sonograms. She went into a long detailed explanation about how most docs and moms really liked them better because they could see more of the baby. And her pregnant daughter had just had one and it was so awesome.

So I finally stopped her and said "well what do you think about the new law in Virginia that requires women to have a transvaginal sonogram before they can have an abortion?"

My doctor had her back turned to me and was writing on my chart when I asked her this. She stopped, turned around, looked at me and asked me to tell her that again.

Then she said that was positively one of the most disgusting things she had ever heard. And she said: "Those bastards!! This really is a war on women."

It's all about NOT wanting women who are having an abortion to see their child in graphic detail. They want women and the general public "consensus" to believe that it's just a clump of cells........not significant.....just an inconvenience.

Star Member southernyankeebelle (4,184 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
3. Well maybe women need to occupy our vagina's. Women whose husband's vote for these

things can cut them off in the bedroom. Stop cooking nice meals. Stop cleaning their homes. Maybe block by block. Women married to republicans can start it and other women can support them.Ya, sure that'll work. Maybe Republcan men who are married to liberal women who vote the wrong way can cut them off too. Stop mowing the lawn, watching the kids, helping in the house and cut off the money suppy./extreme sarcasm though I know when liberals promote this they are not sarcastic, they really think this is the way to force another to do what they want.

linda22003
02-20-2012, 04:55 PM
The Lysistrata method is silly, I agree. It's also silly for a presidential candidate to say he's in favor of sonograms but against the government requiring them - when that's exactly what some state governments are doing to try to deflect women from abortions.

fettpett
02-20-2012, 05:18 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::b ounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bou nce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Rockntractor
02-20-2012, 06:12 PM
The Lysistrata method is silly, I agree. It's also silly for a presidential candidate to say he's in favor of sonograms but against the government requiring them - when that's exactly what some state governments are doing to try to deflect women from abortions.

Okay you can have that point but that's all!http://planetsmilies.net/angry-smiley-1542.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

Apache
02-20-2012, 06:51 PM
If these guys had the FACTS about the law in Virginia they'd be...

informed :eek:

The law requires a sonogram, abdominal or vaginal...:rolleyes:

I give this story a 1/2 bong for the faux outrage :rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
02-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Wait a minute, I'm confused. Where's the "So..."? This has to be a forgery.

EDIT: Never mind. It was slyly slipped in in the paragraph below. Tricky.

ABC in Georgia
02-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Oh my!

Such a half hearted bouncy! I don't believe a word of it!

Such a silly woman! Reminds me of this, and would probably good advice for her as well! :biggrin:

Rats! For some reason intended youtube video not accepted in here.

Will just have to go look up the lyrics then, BRB!

But then again, am just gearing up getting ready for glorious spring and summer weather when I can lounge out on the deck in the sunshine and listen to my old summertime music!

~ ABC

Rockntractor
02-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Nilsson Schmilsson:biggrin:

ABC in Georgia
02-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Nilsson Schmilsson:biggrin:

Ha! Ha! ... Still love it anyway! :tongue:

Here's the words I wanted, for the younger folks in here, who have no idea as to what I am talking about!

"you're such a silly woman,
put a lime in the coconut,
and drink them both together,
put the lime in the coconut,
then you'll feel better.
drink them both down,
and call me in the morning."

~ ABC

Rockntractor
02-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Ha! Ha! ... Still love it anyway! :tongue:

Here's the words I wanted, for the younger folks in here, who have no idea as to what I am talking about!

"you're such a silly woman,
put a lime in the coconut,
and drink them both together,
then you'll feel better.
drink them both down,
and call me in the morning."

~ ABC

That was the name of the album.:biggrin:

ABC in Georgia
02-21-2012, 12:13 AM
That was the name of the album.:biggrin:

Ooh! Did not know that.

I still have all my old Sun Jammin' CDs from the past.

That song is one of many that I have by the original artists, in the whole series of Sun Jammin' songs.

You would not believe all the good stuff that is on them!

Rats! Now I really can't wait to spend time out on the deck again with my music.

~ ABC

Adam Wood
02-21-2012, 05:41 PM
This has to be a Bouncy. I've been assured that no one other than the 1% can afford to go to the doctor in this country.