PDA

View Full Version : Five-year-old boy lives as girl in youngest case of Gender Identity Disorder

Rockntractor
02-20-2012, 10:08 PM
A little boy who decided he was a girl trapped in a boy's body has become one of the youngest-ever children to have his decision backed by the NHS - aged just four.
12:00PM GMT 20 Feb 2012

Comments1175 Comments

With his blonde pigtails and purple tutu, Zach Avery, now five, has been living as a girl for more than a year - after he first refused to live as a boy when he turned three.

Little Zach was just three when he began refusing to live as a boy, instead choosing to wear pink dresses and ribbons in his long, blonde hair - because he has Gender Identity Disorder (GID).

And the primary school he attends in Essex has even changed the kids' toilets to gender-neutral Unisex in support of Zach since his official diagnosis last year, aged four.

Zach is one of the youngest in Britain ever to be diagnosed with GID - meaning he feels like he's a girl trapped in a boy's body.

Mum Theresa Avery, 32, said Zach used to be a 'normal' little boy who loved Thomas the Tank Engine, but suddenly at the end of 2010, he decided he wanted to live as a girl.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9093108/Five-year-old-boy-lives-as-girl-in-youngest-case-of-Gender-Identity-Disorder.html

Novaheart
02-20-2012, 10:11 PM
sounds like a ready made reality tv show

Apache
02-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Title should be: 5 year old learns parents can't say No, takes control :rolleyes:

Novaheart
02-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Title should be: 5 year old learns parents can't say No, takes control :rolleyes:

As long as they don't give him hormones or surgery, I would see it as a defensible approach. Somehow we have ended up with a lot of people, mostly males, who think they are females. Not one of which have I read was allowed to identify as female as a child and most of whom were abused by parents and others for being effeminate. Maybe if little boys are allowed to express themselves as "tomgirls" the way little girls are allowed to express themselves as tomboys, then we won't see so many men who think they are women.

Rockntractor
02-20-2012, 10:42 PM
As long as they don't give him hormones or surgery, I would see it as a defensible approach. Somehow we have ended up with a lot of people, mostly males, who think they are females. Not one of which have I read was allowed to identify as female as a child and most of whom were abused by parents and others for being effeminate. Maybe if little boys are allowed to express themselves as "tomgirls" the way little girls are allowed to express themselves as tomboys, then we won't see so many men who think they are women.

Just who do you think you are?http://planetsmilies.net/obscene-smiley-1008.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

Articulate_Ape
02-20-2012, 10:47 PM

I say, check your crotch. Unless it has duel functionality from the get-go, then I'd say the choice has already been made and the only thing you can do is fuck it up.

Novaheart
02-20-2012, 11:06 PM
I say, check your crotch. Unless it has duel functionality from the get-go, then I'd say the choice has already been made and the only thing you can do is fuck it up.

That's kind of the point- if you deny these kids their feelings then they tend to simply feel more and ore apart from their bodies to the point at which they are willing to take drastic measures.

Novaheart
02-20-2012, 11:16 PM
Just who do you think you are?http://planetsmilies.net/obscene-smiley-1008.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

¿Que?

Apache
02-20-2012, 11:37 PM

Dollars to doughnuts this kid is a spoiled little creep whom his "parents" allow to ride roughshod over them...

Apache
02-20-2012, 11:38 PM

Janet have wardrobe problems again?

:tongue:

Apache
02-20-2012, 11:40 PM
¿Que?

If you were batting on the correct team, you'd recognize them....

They're called breasts :cool:

fettpett
02-21-2012, 12:39 AM
reminds me of the How I Meet Your Mother episode where Marshall does all this crazy crap to see how far the group will let him go, he goes so far as to get an opossum as a pet.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llh0nazMlD1qfr850o1_500.jpg

Articulate_Ape
02-21-2012, 02:21 AM
That's kind of the point- if you deny these kids their feelings then they tend to simply feel more and ore apart from their bodies to the point at which they are willing to take drastic measures.

What kids? Hermaphrodites? This kid is no hermaphrodite. He's a kid like any kid who was feeling their way forward in life at a very young age, feeling for the walls to have support to stand. When those walls move, so does the kid. Do you have kids, Nova?

Novaheart
02-21-2012, 02:59 AM
What kids? Hermaphrodites? This kid is no hermaphrodite. He's a kid like any kid who was feeling their way forward in life at a very young age, feeling for the walls to have support to stand. When those walls move, so does the kid. Do you have kids, Nova?

No one was talking about hermaphrodites. Babble ignorantly to someone else.

BadCat
02-21-2012, 09:59 AM
The headline should have read:

"Five year old child totally FUCKED UP - Parents support it"

Novaheart
02-21-2012, 10:44 AM
When my nephew was four he spent the year wearing capes, Superman costumes, and Frye boots. He seemed to live in a world of his own. I once asked him if he could see things or people that no one else could see. He was pretty much allowed to be himself, thanks to my sister, and now he's all grown up and doesn't wear a Superman outfit anymore. He wears armor and a kilt now and then, but not a Superman outfit.

Bailey
02-21-2012, 10:47 AM
The headline should have read:

"Five year old child totally FUCKED UP - Parents support it"

I see a lot of fucked up things for this little boy, I think CPS should take this child from this enabler and let him be raised but good, honest people.

Lager
02-21-2012, 10:51 AM
It would be nice to get more information on what could actually be an interesting case. A newspaper article isn't going to give us that. One thing that stands out that indicates there might be more going on here, is the mother's statement that "He used to cry and try to cut off his willy out of frustration." How is a four year old child aware at that age of the role the sex organs play in gender? I don't know if anything in this story is true, but if that part is, then there's probably more serious issues here than gender indentity.

Novaheart
02-21-2012, 10:55 AM
I see a lot of fucked up things for this little boy, I think CPS should take this child from this enabler and let him be raised but good, honest people.

WHat is the basis for your backhanded accusation that Zach's mother isn't good and honest? By what stretch of the imagination do you consider yourself to be a good judge of her or this situation? You have proven yourself to be one of the most common and vulgar people on the planet, both mean and ignorant which is a bad combination don't you think?

Novaheart
02-21-2012, 11:02 AM
It would be nice to get more information on what could actually be an interesting case. A newspaper article isn't going to give us that. One thing that stands out that indicates there might be more going on here, is the mother's statement that he kept trying to cut off his "willie". I don't know if anything in this story is true, but if that part is, then there's probably more serious issues here than gender indentity.

Well that was my point in the pointless discussion with Ape. From what I have read, transgenders tend to feel more apart from their bodies as time goes on, many describing a hatred for their body and an urgency to have done something which is truly dangerous and irreversible.

Even if we accept that transgender is a normal and consistent variation in identity (ie not pathological, just different) , then it would be nice to see well rounded trannies who are comfortable in the bodies they were born with, who simply express themselves differently and live in a society that isn't full of ignorant and obnoxious people who feel the urge to prop up their own inferiority at the expense of an innocent member of society. Right now, most transexuals end up living lives of poverty on the edge of society because of ignorant and insecure people who have abused them one way or another most of their lives.

Lager
02-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Well that was my point in the pointless discussion with Ape. From what I have read, transgenders tend to feel more apart from their bodies as time goes on, many describing a hatred for their body and an urgency to have done something which is truly dangerous and irreversible.

That may be true for someone a bit older, but I find it hard to believe that those feelings would manifest in the mind of a four year old.

noonwitch
02-21-2012, 11:15 AM
I wonder who has or is sexually abusing this kid or psychologically abusing him. He's too young for that issue, and if he's that sure that he is a girl, he has some adult in his life influencing that belief.

On the other hand-I found a bunch of my childhood friends on facebook-one of them, a guy, told me he was gay. I said "Duh". When we were in elementary school, he always played with the girls. Whether we were playing on the jungle gym, swings or with our Barbies, he played with us. There are some little boys who play exclusively with girls because they are little horndogs, and then there are the ones who will actually play Barbies with girls, something that would drive a hetero boy nuts. But being gay and having "gender identity issues" are not the same thing. Gay men still see themselves as men, except for Gay Pride parades and the like.

Novaheart
02-21-2012, 11:31 AM
That may be true for someone a bit older, but I find it hard to believe that those feelings would manifest in the mind of a four year old.

I think there is a good chance the Britishness has something to do with it. We're always told how well mannered these people are, but I have yet to experience it. It's not beyond my imagination that at age four this child is already tired of being told that he doesn't want to do this or that because people will think he's a girl, or a pansy.

Novaheart
02-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I wonder who has or is sexually abusing this kid or psychologically abusing him. He's too young for that issue, and if he's that sure that he is a girl, he has some adult in his life influencing that belief.

On the other hand-I found a bunch of my childhood friends on facebook-one of them, a guy, told me he was gay. I said "Duh". When we were in elementary school, he always played with the girls. Whether we were playing on the jungle gym, swings or with our Barbies, he played with us. There are some little boys who play exclusively with girls because they are little horndogs, and then there are the ones who will actually play Barbies with girls, something that would drive a hetero boy nuts. But being gay and having "gender identity issues" are not the same thing. Gay men still see themselves as men, except for Gay Pride parades and the like.

Almost everything you have described is driven by a hand me down culture of male dominance games. Older boys teach younger boys to "hate" girls, to mock the fem boy (gay or straight) , and to make life miserable for someone else so it isn't done to you first. There is the abuse you are looking for.

BadCat
02-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Almost everything you have described is driven by a hand me down culture of male dominance games. Older boys teach younger boys to "hate" girls, to mock the fem boy (gay or straight) , and to make life miserable for someone else so it isn't done to you first. There is the abuse you are looking for.

No wonder you're a faggot.
Were you a "fem boy"?

Novaheart
02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
No wonder you're a faggot.
Were you a "fem boy"?

No. Now it's my turn: Have you always been a common and vulgar person or did it start recently?

BadCat
02-21-2012, 01:02 PM
No. Now it's my turn: Have you always been a common and vulgar person or did it start recently?

I've never been common, but I can be vulgar. Especially when dealing with people I don't like...like you.

Lanie
02-21-2012, 02:29 PM

Exactly. This is just plain ridiculous. Girls are allowed to be tomboys. Why can't boys being like a tomgirl without being considered gay or whatever dumb crap?

On another note, it could be possible that people just realize how awesome it is to be a girl. Seriously, we can have long hair, make-up, keep our skin looking smoothe, and just basically look good. We can have fancy dresses. Why doesn't everybody else want that? :biggrin:

On a serious note, I do agree with the other poster who was saying that we need to learn how to say no. I'm sorry, but little kids do not know their gender at the age of three. I know I didn't. I just knew that I liked dolls and Tonka trucks. Nobody told me that one was meant for a girl and the other a boy.

Lanie
02-21-2012, 02:30 PM

Badcat has been a dispicable excuse of a human being for years. What was that about my imaginary children, cat?

Bailey
02-21-2012, 02:37 PM
WHat is the basis for your backhanded accusation that Zach's mother isn't good and honest? By what stretch of the imagination do you consider yourself to be a good judge of her or this situation? You have proven yourself to be one of the most common and vulgar people on the planet, both mean and ignorant which is a bad combination don't you think?

Listen queer you dont dress up your son as a girl and think thats ok and good knows what else she's pumping into to this child. I may be mean and ignorant but I can say at the very least I am not a mental defective like you. So kiss my ass and ESAD. toddles tinkerbell

Apache
02-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Badcat has been a dispicable excuse of a human being for years. What was that about my imaginary children, cat?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFA-c1cDgxiSyuM0zIJIVo7cuIr9bPjE4lkUucf2Yhja1NdcEm

Novaheart
02-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Exactly. This is just plain ridiculous. Girls are allowed to be tomboys. Why can't boys being like a tomgirl without being considered gay or whatever dumb crap?

On another note, it could be possible that people just realize how awesome it is to be a girl. Seriously, we can have long hair, make-up, keep our skin looking smoothe, and just basically look good. We can have fancy dresses. Why doesn't everybody else want that? :biggrin:

On a serious note, I do agree with the other poster who was saying that we need to learn how to say no. I'm sorry, but little kids do not know their gender at the age of three. I know I didn't. I just knew that I liked dolls and Tonka trucks. Nobody told me that one was meant for a girl and the other a boy.

They also don't know that it's "bad" to play with Barbies or play with Ken dolls, until some asshole comes along and tells them that they aren't OK or worse that they are an embarrassment. If one is embarrassed because his four year old son prefers playing hopscotch to marbles, then maybe one needs to do an inventory of his own qualities or lack thereof.

Novaheart
02-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Listen queer you dont dress up your son as a girl and think thats ok and good knows what else she's pumping into to this child. I may be mean and ignorant but I can say at the very least I am not a mental defective like you. So kiss my ass and ESAD. toddles tinkerbell

Well I'm convinced- how about you, Lanie?

BadCat
02-21-2012, 03:26 PM

Did you mean "despicable", genius?

It would not be unusual to think you have "imaginary children", as I don't think there is anyone who would actually have sex with you.

Bailey
02-21-2012, 03:30 PM

Your mom must be proud she raised an ass bandt, well mind you she helped make you the man you are. :rolleyes:

Novaheart
02-21-2012, 03:32 PM
........ I don't think there is anyone who would actually have sex with you.

Such a gentleman.

Bailey
02-21-2012, 03:32 PM

It would not be unusual to think you have "imaginary children", as I don't think there is anyone who would actually have sex with you.

Thanks BC now I have to scrub my mind with bleach to get the image of her having sex out of my mind :(

Novaheart
02-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Your mom must be proud she raised an ass bandt, well mind you she helped make you the man you are. :rolleyes:

Make sure to make racist, sexist, or anti-gay remarks as often as possible in public situations, it always makes you look better.

Bailey
02-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Make sure to make racist, sexist, or anti-gay remarks as often as possible in public situations, it always makes you look better.

Sorry wont allow you or anyone else to determine whats, racist, sexist or anti gay, again I couldnt care less what I look like to others and I would say it to your face in private if I had the chance.

BadCat
02-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Such a gentleman.

You're more of a woman than she is, and I can't stand you either.

Articulate_Ape
02-21-2012, 04:13 PM

In the real world that's referred to as being mentally ill. I think such people are going to the wrong kind of doctor.

FlaGator
02-21-2012, 05:08 PM
In the real world that's referred to as being mentally ill. I think such people are going to the wrong kind of doctor.

I believe that is is an example of the early onset of a borderline personality disorder.

fettpett
02-21-2012, 05:43 PM
I believe that is is an example of the early onset of a borderline personality disorder.

*shudders* dealt with that before...woah buddy...:eek::eek:

Lanie
02-21-2012, 11:54 PM

Yeah. Not really convinced.

I already think we need to dress kids as their own gender and let them decide on their own as an adult.

Lanie
02-21-2012, 11:55 PM

Coming from somebody who is clearly sexually frustrated and has been for years, that's rich.

Lanie
02-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Sorry wont allow you or anyone else to determine whats, racist, sexist or anti gay, again I couldnt care less what I look like to others and I would say it to your face in private if I had the chance.

Well, I'm glad you don't care what you look like, because you look like a total and complete ass.

Lanie
02-21-2012, 11:57 PM
You're more of a woman than she is, and I can't stand you either.

I think you have a crush on Nova.

Rockntractor
02-22-2012, 12:04 AM

http://planetsmilies.net/violent-smiley-1527.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

BadCat
02-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Coming from somebody who is clearly sexually frustrated and has been for years, that's rich.

Not a day in my life, moonbat.

However, I have seen you picture, and only the lowliest lib "male" would give you the time of day, and even then, only if he was out of AstroGlide impregnated 100 grit sandpaper.

Bailey
02-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Well, I'm glad you don't care what you look like, because you look like a total and complete ass.

I am glad you feel this way. :D

Bailey
02-23-2012, 09:48 AM

So you are Nova's new fag hag? He had a bunch of women defending him here not to long ago, its good to see he has a new cheer leader.