PDA

View Full Version : Palin: Christian In Name Only

Carol
09-15-2008, 01:09 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7070606)

I could think of several things that the far left could use to say the Palin was a "fake Christian"..............But aerial wolf hunting?? They're really reaching.......or not Christians themselves (suprise, suprise another non Christian judging who is or is not a Christian)...or both.

Deliphus (77 posts) Sun Sep-14-08 11:33 PM
Original message
Palin: Christian In Name Only
Advertisements [?]I've seen a lot of letters to editors of late that proclaim the joy these people have that a Christian like Palin is now on the ticket. Well, granted McCain is barely a Christian if he is actually one at all. But Palin?

Uh...does anyone REALLY think that Jesus would approve of someone picking off defenseless wolves from an airplane for enjoyment???

That's not sport. That's effin' inhumanity. That's sick and vile. I've got no problem with people hunting, it's not for me personally but I'd never make support making it illegal...but THIS isn't sport by any definition.

I gotta say: those conservatives who CALL themselves Christians need to go read the Bible again! They've obviously failed to understand what it says!!!

Heather MC (1000+ posts) Sun Sep-14-08 11:57 PM
Response to Original message
4. Don't forget they care so much about an Unborn Fetus, but once it's out
it's quality of life means nothing to them.

Bill McBlueState (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-15-08 12:02 AM
5. the Bible says so much,
one could find support for almost any worldview in there.

But come to think of it, I don't remember reading anything that proscribes aerial hunting, or whatever it's called.

There are better ways to argue against Palin than to ask people to imagine what your favorite holy man thinks of her.
chiefofclarinet (150 posts) Mon Sep-15-08 12:06 AM
6. Right ON!
Real Christians are offended and upset at people like Palin. Those that quote scripture that fits their argument, but take it completely out of context, or ignore the next two verses that contradict their own argument. Those that bring God down to a powerful, angry human, not a benevolent, all-forgiving being. Those that think church is a Sunday obligation, and not a chance to become increase faith.

I know some people here are atheists, and I respect you all. Please, give the same respect back to the real Christians. Just, not to the fake ones like Palin.
Real Christians= liberal Christians

I don't know. My bible doesn't tell Christians that they should judge who is a real Christian and who is not. Rather It says that we are to leave that to God.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-15-2008, 05:04 AM
The aerial "hunting" was not for hunting purposes. It was for population control. The wolves are threatening other wildlife and are overpopulated up there.

Aerial hunting is ILLEGAL. This was never promoted as hunting and no hunter would support it as such. It is a PURE population control measure.

These assholes are nothing but liars.

FlaGator
09-15-2008, 06:46 AM
6. Right ON!
Real Christians are offended and upset at people like Palin. Those that quote scripture that fits their argument, but take it completely out of context, or ignore the next two verses that contradict their own argument. Those that bring God down to a powerful, angry human, not a benevolent, all-forgiving being. Those that think church is a Sunday obligation, and not a chance to become increase faith.

I know some people here are atheists, and I respect you all. Please, give the same respect back to the real Christians. Just, not to the fake ones like Palin.

Actually Christians pray for those, like this poster, who have little clue as to what Christianity asks of them. One of the things that it asks is not to sit in judgement of other Christians. When evaluating ones devotion one compares him or her self to Christ Jesus not another Christian who is imperfect. Also Christianity asks us to obtain a fuller understanding of God by studying the Holy Scriptures. In short, "real Christians" don't get offended, they pray for the soul that needs helps and instead of telling others how offensive the "fake Christian" is, a "real Christian" would ask others to pray with them. Different people are at different levels of faith and God moves them on at his pace and by his time table and not at the pace that an imperfect being believes is the correct pace.

movie buff
09-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Actually Christians pray for those, like this poster, who have little clue as to what Christianity asks of them. One of the things that it asks is not to sit in judgement of other Christians. When evaluating ones devotion one compares him or her self to Christ Jesus not another Christian who is imperfect. Also Christianity asks us to obtain a fuller understanding of God by studying the Holy Scriptures. In short, "real Christians" don't get offended, they pray for the soul that needs helps and instead of telling others how offensive the "fake Christian" is, a "real Christian" would ask others to pray with them. Different people are at different levels of faith and God moves them on at his pace and by his time table and not at the pace that an imperfect being believes is the correct pace.

Amen!
Last time I checked, there was nowhere in the Bible that said it was wrong to shoot at wolves from the air. In fact, from what I recall, the closest thing to requirements against hunting was when the Lord was telling Moses which animals were 'Clean,' and suitable to be eaten.
It really kills me (No pun intended) that people like the DUmmies feel Palin is unqualified to be VP just because she shoots at wolves from the air. As if that has any bearing on her executive skills. As it has been pointed out here, shooting wolves from the air is rarely if ever done purely for the sport of it. It's usually done either to control the wolves' population and thus preserve the ecosystem, or by farmers whose herds of livestock are threatened by wolves.

jinxmchue
09-15-2008, 08:07 AM
6. Right ON!
Real Christians are offended and upset at people like Palin. Those that quote scripture that fits their argument, but take it completely out of context, or ignore the next two verses that contradict their own argument.

No, that's liberal theology, dolt, and we actually can prove that assertion. You cannot.

Heather MC (1000+ posts) Sun Sep-14-08 11:57 PM
4. Don't forget they care so much about an Unborn Fetus, but once it's out
it's quality of life means nothing to them.

Facts prove otherwise. And you liberals care SOOO much about pregnant women, but once she's out of the abortion clinic, you drop her like a $10 hooker.

movie buff
09-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Facts prove otherwise. And you liberals care SOOO much about pregnant women, but once she's out of the abortion clinic, you drop her like a $10 hooker.

That brings up another interesting point about the thread:
DUmmie Deliphus says it's "Effin' inhumanity" to kill vicious wolves, but I wonder how that hypocrite feels about partial- birth abortion?
On the subject, how does he feel about Obama's stance that not only should partial- birth abortion be legalized, but also that babies who survive the barbaric partial- birth abortion procedure should be left to die?

GrumpyOldLady
09-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Geeeze .. they ought to make up their minds.

First she's a fundamentalist bent on taking over the world and forcing everyone to be a fundi.
Now she's a 'christian in name only' who isn't really christian.

:rolleyes: They are nutz.

jinxmchue
09-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Geeeze .. they ought to make up their minds.

First she's a fundamentalist bent on taking over the world and forcing everyone to be a fundi.
Now she's a 'christian in name only' who isn't really christian.

:rolleyes: They are nutz.

They're covering all their bases.

Cold Warrior
09-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Actually the acronym is pretty interesting -- ChINO! :D

FlaGator
09-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Actually the acronym is pretty interesting -- ChINO! :D

More like Xino.

Gingersnap
09-15-2008, 11:18 AM
There is nothing in the bible that prohibits either Jews or Christians from managing wildlife. What an absurd thought. :rolleyes: