PDA

View Full Version : bench press 235lbs for 11 reps

Zafod
02-27-2012, 10:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0KEKIsq8KU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Tantal
02-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Nice. I hit 215 for 14 reps last week on a failure set at the end of a workout, but could probably hit 16-17 fresh. We've got 9 weeks to go, but my goal is 225 for 15 reps. I know the NFL won't come calling with those numbers, but I'll call it a win. Besides, I'm 38 years old. There are very few men my age that can push their body weight (I weigh 225) 15 times.

Zafod
02-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Nice. I hit 215 for 14 reps last week on a failure set at the end of a workout, but could probably hit 16-17 fresh. We've got 9 weeks to go, but my goal is 225 for 15 reps. I know the NFL won't come calling with those numbers, but I'll call it a win. Besides, I'm 38 years old. There are very few men my age that can push their body weight (I weigh 225) 15 times.

that was my last set of the workout.
Im doing wendlers 531.

Zafod
02-27-2012, 06:21 PM
I want a 1300 total by the end of the year. I think Im goingto get it :D

Tantal
02-27-2012, 10:22 PM
I want a 1300 total by the end of the year. I think Im goingto get it :D

I wouldn't even attempt it. I've already had a minor issue with my lower back (L-5) and just got it reasonably sorted out. I squat light (no more than 135) and deadlift no more than 225. This allows me to keep the form perfect and minimizes the risk of injury. In my line of work, I can't afford to be injured. If my sick time runs out after an injury, I'm basically fired. Good luck to you in getting that 1300 lbs. Once my bench cycle is over in 9 weeks, I'm going to straight CrossFit.

Zafod
02-27-2012, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't even attempt it. I've already had a minor issue with my lower back (L-5) and just got it reasonably sorted out. I squat light (no more than 135) and deadlift no more than 225. This allows me to keep the form perfect and minimizes the risk of injury. In my line of work, I can't afford to be injured. If my sick time runs out after an injury, I'm basically fired. Good luck to you in getting that 1300 lbs. Once my bench cycle is over in 9 weeks, I'm going to straight CrossFit.

Crossfit huh? And you don't want injury? Good luck with that. I see more people injured doing crossfit workouts than anything else.....

Also Kipping is a rotator tear waiting to happen....

Tantal
02-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Crossfit huh? And you don't want injury? Good luck with that. I see more people injured doing crossfit workouts than anything else.....

Also Kipping is a rotator tear waiting to happen....I'm aware of the complaints about CrossFit and I believe that they're valid. #1-I don't kip. #2-I do my Olympic lifts first, then do the rest of the workout. I'm not doing Olympic lifts under fatigue. That's just begging for an injury.

For my needs, combining the resistance and cardio is fine. I'm at the point in my life that I'd rather just be "fit" than huge. That wasn't always the case, but I'm looking at overall long-term health and fitness more than pure strength now.

Zafod
02-28-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm aware of the complaints about CrossFit and I believe that they're valid. #1-I don't kip. #2-I do my Olympic lifts first, then do the rest of the workout. I'm not doing Olympic lifts under fatigue. That's just begging for an injury.

For my needs, combining the resistance and cardio is fine. I'm at the point in my life that I'd rather just be "fit" than huge. That wasn't always the case, but I'm looking at overall long-term health and fitness more than pure strength now.

There is only 5 years difference between you and me in age....

I hope I don't get that outlook lol

I want to power lift into my 70's lol

Zafod
02-28-2012, 01:13 AM
And good for you to refuse the Kipping koolaid. I have had so many crossfit people tell me its as legit as a push press.....bull shit.

It's swinging up a pole and risking a major injury just to get the count.....retarded.