PDA

View Full Version : New Ad Tells 0bama Go To Hell ...

Janice
02-29-2012, 10:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xhgrY.jpg

Va. lawmaker calls for removal of 'disrespectful' Metro ad (http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2767491)

WMATA issued a statement saying its advertising has been ruled by the courts as protected under the First Amendment, and the Authority does not decline ads based on their political content.

"WMATA does not endorse the advertising on our system, and ads to not reflect the position of the Authority," says the statement.

In response to their statement, Congressman Jim Moran says, "I am disappointed by WMATA's defense of this inappropriate advertisement. >>>

Northern Virginia Democrat Jim Moran says an ad in the Clarendon Metro station aimed at President Obama that contains the phrase "Go to hell Barack" should be taken down immediately.

------------------------------------------

So where do you think Virginia Democrat Jim Moran stood when much worse was said about Bush via advertisements? Anyone care to guess??

Starbuck
02-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Meh....I think it's a little over the top.

Rockntractor
02-29-2012, 11:27 PM

Forcing socialized medicine on the country is far past being over the top.

wwworkingguy
02-29-2012, 11:50 PM

I despise Obama as much as the best of them but do agree.... it's too raw and outwardly disrespectful in a public environment.

Starbuck
02-29-2012, 11:55 PM

Yeah. It is. But I didn't do that and I won't get down and wallow in it the way I think he does. So I won't give him the finger although I would like to, and I won't tell him to go to hell.

Rockntractor
02-29-2012, 11:59 PM
We had 8 years with Bush playing to the Democrats never wanting to offend anyone followed by 4 years of Obama running wide open with little or no restraint from Republicans.

I really am tired of this party of sheep attitude we have developed.
The big bad wolf is blowing our house down.

SarasotaRepub
03-01-2012, 12:09 AM

It is. He's still POTUS and we wouldn't like this if it was aimed at Bush for instance.

Novaheart
03-01-2012, 12:13 AM

Should emergency rooms be able to turn away people who have no insurance?

Novaheart
03-01-2012, 12:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xhgrY.jpg

Va. lawmaker calls for removal of 'disrespectful' Metro ad (http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2767491)

WMATA issued a statement saying its advertising has been ruled by the courts as protected under the First Amendment, and the Authority does not decline ads based on their political content.

"WMATA does not endorse the advertising on our system, and ads to not reflect the position of the Authority," says the statement.

In response to their statement, Congressman Jim Moran says, "I am disappointed by WMATA's defense of this inappropriate advertisement. >>>

Northern Virginia Democrat Jim Moran says an ad in the Clarendon Metro station aimed at President Obama that contains the phrase "Go to hell Barack" should be taken down immediately.

------------------------------------------

So where do you think Virginia Democrat Jim Moran stood when much worse was said about Bush via advertisements? Anyone care to guess??

Doesn't matter, the people at the Clarendon Metro don't speak English anyway.

Apache
03-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Doesn't matter, the people at the Clarendon Metro don't speak English anyway.

your elitism is showing princess...

Apache
03-01-2012, 01:47 AM
We had 8 years with Bush playing to the Democrats never wanting to offend anyone followed by 4 years of Obama running wide open with little or no restraint from Republicans.

I really am tired of this party of sheep attitude we have developed.
The big bad wolf is blowing our house down.

i'm with the pig on this one...

it's harsh for sure... but it nails what we all feel... well, almost all of us.

Apache
03-01-2012, 01:50 AM
It is. He's still POTUS and we wouldn't like this if it was aimed at Bush for instance.

we had eight years of worse things aimed at bush

no disrespect sr :smile-new:

Articulate_Ape
03-01-2012, 01:54 AM

QFT Spot on, SR. You should start an Internet forum...wait...

Odysseus
03-01-2012, 02:02 AM

They couldn't do that before Obamacare.

JB
03-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Doesn't matter, the people at the Clarendon Metro don't speak English anyway.I was gonna say...doesn't matter, Democrats don't believe in hell.

Articulate_Ape
03-01-2012, 02:10 AM
I was gonna say...doesn't matter, Democrats don't believe in hell.

Oh, they believe in it alright. So much so that they want to take all of us there. Misery loves company after all, no?

JB
03-01-2012, 02:17 AM
Oh, they believe in it alright. So much so that they want to take all of us there. Misery loves company after all, no?Invites it to dinner.

Ten seconds with your standard issue lib and I feel like I'm in (what is generally accepted) hell anyway.

Articulate_Ape
03-01-2012, 02:51 AM
Invites it to dinner.

Ten seconds with your standard issue lib and I feel like I'm in (what is generally accepted) hell anyway.

Kind of like this?

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/27uIb.gif

NJCardFan
03-01-2012, 03:38 AM
http://winnowingfork.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/strawman-motivational.jpg?w=360&h=450

BadCat
03-01-2012, 10:10 AM

YES.

You can be shuffled off to a facility that provides the care you "deserve".

Zeus
03-01-2012, 10:36 AM
YES.

You can be shuffled off to a facility that provides the care you "deserve".

But only if the injuries are non life threatening but if they are life threatening they can stabilize the patient then ship them to county or wherever.

BadCat
03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
But only if the injuries are non life threatening but if they are life threatening they can stabilize the patient then ship them to county or wherever.

Yeah, I can go with that.

Of course, the princess would end up in the Barney Frank wing of the Hope and Change Indigent Care Facility.

Zeus
03-01-2012, 10:54 AM
The ad may be a little rough for some folks delicate nature but that pesky 1st amendment to the US Constitution says it's OK.