PDA

View Full Version : In Memoriam: Andrew Breitbart (1969-2012)

bijou
03-01-2012, 10:15 AM
With a terrible feeling of pain and loss we announce the passing of Andrew Breitbart.
http://biggovernment.com/files/2012/03/840_102926845194_686155194_5053359_1686_n.jpg (http://biggovernment.com/files/2012/03/840_102926845194_686155194_5053359_1686_n.jpg)
Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles.
We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior.
Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.

http://bigjournalism.com/lsolov/2012/03/01/draft/

RIP

BadCat
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
How long until DU and our local moonbats break out the party hats?

Zeus
03-01-2012, 10:22 AM
43 yrs old and dies from "Natural" causes ? Died about 35 yrs before his warranty expired how is that natural ?

Bailey
03-01-2012, 10:37 AM
43 yrs old and dies from "Natural" causes ? Died about 35 yrs before his warranty expired how is that natural ?

I bet the dummies are getting their grave dancing shoes on as we speak.

RIP, You were a Man among Men.

Janice
03-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Wow. What a shock! Another good man down.

RIP my friend.

Rockntractor
03-01-2012, 10:46 AM
RIP, we cannot afford to lose men like him so young.

Bailey
03-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Anyone know what he died of?

Janice
03-01-2012, 10:51 AM
And he was just getting ready to release the goods on the POS-in Chief ...

Bailey
03-01-2012, 10:54 AM
And he was just getting ready to release the goods on the POS-in Chief ...

I hope they make sure they go over his blood with a fine tooth comb, God knows what poisons the chiefs friends could've used

AmPat
03-01-2012, 11:05 AM
How long until DU and our local moonbats break out the party hats?

I bet the dummies are getting their grave dancing shoes on as we speak.
RIP, You were a Man among Men.
It won't take long. There will be about 90% vile comments and 10% decent humans. The potentially good comments will either not be posted for fear of being perceived as less than DU material or the more decent will post but include some scraps of DU lunacy to salve the more fervent retards.

RIP brave man. Condolences to the family.

Apocalypse
03-01-2012, 11:12 AM
This is horrid news! Andrew was a true warrior for the good cause. Too young.

Some sites are already showing how low they are.

Andrew Breitbart, Controversial Web Provocateur, Has Died
(http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/03/01/147718539/andrew-breitbart-controversial-web-provocateur-has-died?ft=1&f=1001)He cultivated controversy and was a thorn in liberals' sides. Breitbart died of natural causes, according to his newssite.
NPR - 6 minutes ago

Their link is more of bitterness over what he reported on them.

wwworkingguy
03-01-2012, 11:16 AM

My wife said the same thing. The word is coming out that he had heart problems.
This is a very very sad day for his family and the country.....especially for the conservative movement.
He was really a giant among men.

Odysseus
03-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Breitbart was a truly fearless man, and a real game-changer. His websites have done as much to inform the national debates as any other outlet, and the abuse that he took from the left only seemed to encourage him. We need more people like him, and his loss is a loss for all of us.

RIP.

Bailey
03-01-2012, 11:17 AM
First thing that came to mind when i heard this was what happend to that great American patriot Ed McCarthy, the left will grind you down till you die if you ever try to expose them.

wwworkingguy
03-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Fox news is covering this 100% .... nothing else.
I was monitoring CNN for a while and hadn't heard a single word about it.

linda22003
03-01-2012, 11:18 AM

That makes sense. In all of his pictures and TV appearances he definitely looked well-fed, to a fault. I'd hate to see tinfoil hat theories over what "really" happened to him. :(

linda22003
03-01-2012, 11:34 AM
This is horrid news! Andrew was a true warrior for the good cause. Too young.

Some sites are already showing how low they are.

No kidding - over at Free Republic they're saying that Obama's minions killed him, and why can't Pelosi and Frank die???

noonwitch
03-01-2012, 11:34 AM
I might not have agreed with his politics, but he was always an entertaining guest on political talk shows. He was intelligent and could present his views in a way that at least made a liberal like me consider his arguments.

RIP. I'm sorry for his family's loss.

SarasotaRepub
03-01-2012, 11:35 AM
It is a shame and yes, the DUmmies are acting as expected.

This thread just started. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002367767) :rolleyes:

RedGrouse
03-01-2012, 11:45 AM
That is a real shock that he died suddenly.

RIP Andrew Breitbart. Condolences to his family.

Zeus
03-01-2012, 11:51 AM
This is a very very sad day for his family and the country.....especially for the conservative movement.
He was really a giant among men.

I guess natural causes means an asteroid didn't fall on him or a crackhead didn't kill him for pocket change.that sort of thing.

I used to think natural causes meant old age or only God knew why.

Bailey
03-01-2012, 11:52 AM
No kidding - over at Free Republic they're saying that Obama's minions killed him, and why can't Pelosi and Frank die???

The Good die young??

linda22003
03-01-2012, 11:54 AM
The Good die young??

That seems to be their point. There's a lot of ranting in general, mostly that it must be some form of murder because 43 year olds NEVER have heart attacks. :cool:

Apache
03-01-2012, 11:56 AM
damn. only a year older than me...:blue:

wonder what he's thinking, standing in front of the big guy,right now???

AmPat
03-01-2012, 12:17 PM

I hope he is hearing "well done thou good and faithful servant...":Taps4:

noonwitch
03-01-2012, 12:25 PM
That seems to be their point. There's a lot of ranting in general, mostly that it must be some form of murder because 43 year olds NEVER have heart attacks. :cool:

It's their way of expressing grief.

Zathras
03-01-2012, 02:08 PM

This thread just started. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002367767) :rolleyes:

This is why I will never shed a tear when bad things happen to those at the DUmp....vile pieces of Male Bovine Excrement all of them.

Kay
03-01-2012, 02:28 PM
What a shock!
This and Davy Jones.....both just leave me shocked.

Teetop
03-01-2012, 02:31 PM
RIP Andrew. Condolences to his wife and kiddos.

Best Tweet I saw was at Instapundit, by Joshua Trevino;

You wish to honor the man? Very well then: Take up his sword, and fight as he did.

Teetop
03-01-2012, 02:33 PM
What a shock!
This and Davy Jones.....both just leave me shocked.

They usually come in threes.....

Apache
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM
I hope he is hearing "well done thou good and faithful servant...":Taps4:

not as an atheist he's not....:blue:

i pray for his family during this troubled time

linda22003
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Funny old world; turns out his mother in law was an old prep school chum of mine.

Rockntractor
03-01-2012, 02:59 PM
not as an atheist he's not....:blue:

i pray for his family during this troubled time

That makes it much more distressing.

Odysseus
03-01-2012, 03:42 PM
From Michael Walsh at NRO:

NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE www.nationalreview.com PRINT

Goodbye, Andrew

By Michael Walsh
March 1, 2012 1:45 P.M. In the war against the institutional Left, Andrew Breitbart was the Right’s Achilles; the bravest of all the warriors, now fallen on the plain. There was no combat in which he would not engage, no battle — however small — he would not join with glee, and no outcome acceptable except total victory. His unexpected death last night at the young age of 43 is not the end of his crusade, but its beginning.

No figure on our side was more despised in the whited sepulchers of the media/academic/political Left, and Breitbart wore their loathing as a daily badge of honor. His refusal to grant even a glimmer of moral absolution constantly enraged them, and his very existence was an affront to their carefully constructed — to use one of Andrew’s favorite words — “narrative” of moral superiority. Naturally, they are already dancing on his grave, with the manic joy of being suddenly and miraculously delivered from one of their most potent enemies.

Breitbart’s death is a tragedy, not only for those who delighted in following him into battle but for those who cheered him on as well. Andrew was larger than life, a charismatic natural leader, a big man in every way — physically, spiritually, and intellectually. He would meet a total stranger and immediately try to enlist him or her into his army, railing against the Left’s mendacity and misdeeds. He would practically pick you up by the lapels and shake you in order to make you understand the furious, urgent necessity of his fight.

Confrontation was his métier, and he routinely and gleefully waded into groups of lefties to challenge them face to face. Puckish humor was his stock-in-trade, and he would often disarm opponents with his boyish, goofy side. He was a virtuoso of the Twitterverse, a master of multi-tasking, and would think nothing of having a meeting with colleagues in his Westwood home while talking on the phone to someone else and working his Twitter feed. He joked that he had ADD, but what he really had was an outsized heart, fueled by courage and passion and, as the title of his recent book had it, by Righteous Indignation.

That indignation came to Breitbart in mid-life. A bluff Irishman who had been adopted as a baby by a Jewish couple in Brentwood (one of L.A.’s tonier neighborhoods), he moved to the right in college, at Tulane University in New Orleans, and crossed over completely with the Clarence Thomas hearings, which fueled his rage against the Left for their hypocritical treatment of American blacks. I can personally attest that no cause fired his righteous indignation more than the Left’s plantation attitude toward African-Americans.

Breitbart first made his mark on politics as Matt Drudge’s assistant on the influential Drudge Report, then honed his internet savvy by helping set up the Huffington Post — his impersonation of Arianna Huffington was uncannily spot-on — and, finally, created his collection of “Big” sites: Big Hollywood, Big Government, Big Journalism, and Big Peace. More “Bigs” were in the works.

I first met Andrew at a monthly social group here in Los Angeles and, within five minutes, he was laying out his warrior ethos. A couple of months later, although we barely knew each other, he asked me to found and edit Big Journalism, which we launched in January 2010. In all, we spent about a year working together, but even after I left that post we spoke and saw each other frequently. The last time I saw him was on Valentine’s Day at a restaurant in Westwood where Hollywood conservatives gather; he was with his oldest son (he and his wife Susie have four children) and seemed uncharacteristically subdued.

Recently, he’d hired Joel Pollak to be editor-in-chief of all the Big sites; Pollak had quixotically run for Congress against Chicago’s Jan Schakowsky, which endeared him immediately to Breitbart. But that didn’t mean Andrew was slowing down. His company, Breitbart.com, had set up shop in Washington to cover the elections, and so he was constantly traveling between the coasts and stopping in between, giving speeches, picking fights, and never letting the Left forget that it had a mortal enemy. If you ever wanted to know where Breitbart was, the safest answer was: on a plane.

We don’t know the cause of death yet — he collapsed while taking a walk late last night — but he did suffer from heart trouble, and told me he had spent some time at UCLA Medical Center in the past year for treatment. As a heart patient myself, I often urged him to slow down and take care of his family — even Achilles had to spend time in his tent.

It was advice he could not heed. It was not in his DNA ever to leave the field. He was the kind of leader the Right needs more of — not a go-along, get-along time-serving functionary but a tactical commander on the battlefield, ever ready to take the bridge, fire the village, and move on to the next objective. If he had a flaw, it lay in not distinguishing between tactics and strategy, and in fighting with targets (Media Matters and a host of other blogosphere hacks and nonentities) who were beneath him.

He did not live to make General, which is the Left’s gain and our loss. But his example lives on. Those of us who were his friends, colleagues, and allies remain standing, in the fight to the end. It is the very least we can do for him.

— Michael Walsh is a journalist and screenwriter. He is the author of Rules for Radical Conservatives: Beating the Left at Its Own Game to Take Back America.

marinejcksn
03-01-2012, 04:14 PM
God be with his family in their time of need.

RIP brother..

Articulate_Ape
03-01-2012, 05:44 PM
RIP, we cannot afford to lose men like him so young.

^ This

Arroyo_Doble
03-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Rip

CueSi
03-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I heard one liberal (on twitter) say, "The Right didn't just lose a soldier, they lost an entire Special Forces Division."

I understand that feeling. Wienergate only showed a hint of Breitbart's potential as a shaker and shot-caller. Who else can come straight off the street and TAKE OVER A PRESS CONFERENCE MEANT FOR SOMEONE ELSE? Sean Hannity is too courtly, Glenn Beck needs a chalkboard, and Rush works best behind a microphone, out of a studio. I don't know who will take over the badassitude and in your face fearlessness. He was our punk kid taking the fight to the Left, retweeting his haters and being a general Magnificent Bastard.

His heart gave out, I hope what remains of his spirit (the Big sites) doesn't.

~QC

Arroyo_Doble
03-01-2012, 06:07 PM
I heard one liberal (on twitter) say, "The Right didn't just lose a soldier, they lost an entire Special Forces Division."

I understand that feeling. Wienergate only showed a hint of Breitbart's potential as a shaker and shot-caller. Who else can come straight off the street and TAKE OVER A PRESS CONFERENCE MEANT FOR SOMEONE ELSE? Sean Hannity is too courtly, Glenn Beck needs a chalkboard, and Rush works best behind a microphone, out of a studio. I don't know who will take over the badassitude and in your face fearlessness. He was our punk kid taking the fight to the Left, retweeting his haters and being a general Magnificent Bastard.

His heart gave out, I hope what remains of his spirit (the Big sites) doesn't.

~QC

Maybe one of Howard Stern's interns.

CueSi
03-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Maybe one of Howard Stern's interns.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/images/Breitbart_9.13.jpg

Haters gonna Hate. :p And I think that's what Andrew knew and internalized. Haters gonna hate. He retweeted his haters. He reveled in his haters, having FUN with them, calling them out at every turn.
He didn't think about his future (sadly), but he thought about his haters - - I bet if you asked him what the last word on his haters were, " If they don't hate you, you aren't doing it right."
Yet libs who have met him personally - - I'm watching The Five right now - - and Bob Beckel admits that up close, it was hard to hate him .

But - - haters gonna hate.

~QC

Arroyo_Doble
03-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Haters gonna Hate. :p

~QC

?????

Who else can come straight off the street and TAKE OVER A PRESS CONFERENCE MEANT FOR SOMEONE ELSE?

CueSi
03-01-2012, 06:18 PM
?????

You heard me. Haters gonna hate.

~QC

Arroyo_Doble
03-01-2012, 06:20 PM

You heard me. Haters gonna hate.

~QC

Okay.

Crackers gonna crack.

CueSi
03-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Okay.

Crackers gonna crack.

You're so cute when you attempt to be funny and profound at the same time. It's like watching a dog eat soap bubbles.

~QC

Hawkgirl
03-01-2012, 06:42 PM
RIP, Condolences to his family.

wwworkingguy
03-01-2012, 07:40 PM

I like to think that some of us are called back early for bigger and better things.
Like maybe he was needed for some special assignment.
It's a mystery. He was/is definitely one of the good ones.

SaintLouieWoman
03-01-2012, 07:45 PM

I never waste my time on DU, think they're scum but decided to follow the link to see if any of them could be reasonably decent. They've lived up to my opinion of them. They're worthless pieces of human excrement, not worth one minute of any reasoning persons's time, other than to post the occasional link showing how very vile they are.

Reading this makes me more proud to be a conservative. The disloyal opposition is reprehensible.

RIP Breitbart and hope someone in your group still knows where the tapes are that he has on Obama. They need to be aired.

fettpett
03-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Sad day, he'll be missed :frown-new::frown-new::frown-new:

fettpett
03-01-2012, 08:36 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/andrew-breitbart-death-of-a-douche-20120301

I see rolling stone took no time in being assholes

Kay
03-01-2012, 08:52 PM
I like to think that some of us are called back early for bigger and better things.
Like maybe he was needed for some special assignment.
It's a mystery. He was/is definitely one of the good ones.

I like this. Lovely thought.

Apocalypse
03-01-2012, 10:17 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/andrew-breitbart-death-of-a-douche-20120301

I see rolling stone took no time in being assholes

So did a half dozen sites.

Slate wasn't too respectful ether.

txradioguy
03-02-2012, 02:15 AM
He was an unafraid oversized talent in my profession at a time when we are sorely lacking them. I was shocked when I got home last night and read he headlines of his passing and I'm still shocked this morning.

Damn...

Rockntractor
03-02-2012, 02:29 AM
One of the last true fighting conservatives, we are getting down to the sheep now.

CueSi
03-02-2012, 04:49 AM
Red Eye tonight was amazing (even Ann Coulter...) they shared stories about Andrew's impact and the fact that there are so many Conservatives and Libertarians that made allies because of him. People like Gary Sinise or Patricia Heaton probably would never have been as outspoken about their conservative views if it wasn't for him.

~QC

AmPat
03-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Red Eye tonight was amazing (even Ann Coulter...) they shared stories about Andrew's impact and the fact that there are so many Conservatives and Libertarians that made allies because of him. People like Gary Sinise or Patricia Heaton probably would never have been as outspoken about their conservative views if it wasn't for him.

~QC
Where have you been young lady? I agree. He infused a few people with courage in the face of the liberal onslaught of lies and deceit. I hope somebody steps into the breach and replaces him.