PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff's office: Bomb squad checking out suspicious package at radio host Rush...

SarasotaRepub
03-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Breaking on CNN. Maybe a bomb at Rush's place...

Rockntractor
03-01-2012, 08:35 PM
If I was Glenn Beck I would also lay low, too many coincidences and natural causes going on lately!

Apocalypse
03-01-2012, 08:51 PM
PALM BEACH, Fla. – A bomb squad was called to the Florida home of conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/01/bomb-squad-reportedly-called-to-rush-limbaughs-florida-home/#) Thursday, WPTV reported.

A suspicious package was reportedly found on the premises of Limbaugh's home in Palm Beach.

Limbaugh made headlines earlier in the day after he described Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown University Law student who testified at a congressional hearing about contraception, a "slut" and a "prostitute."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/01/bomb-squad-reportedly-called-to-rush-limbaughs-florida-home/#ixzz1nurw6NhR

Kay
03-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Limbaugh made headlines earlier in the day after he described Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown University Law student who testified at a congressional hearing about contraception, a "slut" and a "Prostitute."

I heard this today. Also I laughed my ass off last night listening to
Roger Headgecock talking about her. His take on her testimony
was hilarious. You can hear at this link to 2-29 podcast Hour 2 about
7 minutes in: http://www.rogerhedgecock.com/category/228485/podcasts

Apocalypse
03-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Little more on what happened.

Palm Beach Police spokesman Fred Hess said the package appears to not be dangerous or hazardous. He said it was delivered late this afternoon and was X-rayed, as is all mail sent to the Limbaughs' home. When Limbaugh's staff saw what appeared to be wires in the package through the X-ray, they called police.

He has an x-ray scanner in his home? I can understand with the fruits out there, but wow.

The package originated from a Pennsylvania man offering Limbaugh "a business opportunity," police said. Inside was an "electronic [plaque] commemorating the assassinations of Abraham Lincoln and John Wilkes Booth."
??? Commemorating the assassinations?

The sender hasn't been publicly identified, but reportedly apologized to authorities when contacted.

For poor taste I hope.

txradioguy
03-02-2012, 02:19 AM
Apology my ass throw the lunatic in jail.

linda22003
03-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Limbaugh made headlines earlier in the day after he described Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown University Law student who testified at a congressional hearing about contraception, a "slut" and a "prostitute."

He said there weren't a lot of girls who slept around when HE was in college. Well, yeah, Rush, there were - you're just steamed that none of them were interested in the fat kid. :biggrin-new:

SaintLouieWoman
03-02-2012, 12:00 PM
He said there weren't a lot of girls who slept around when HE was in college. Well, yeah, Rush, there were - you're just steamed that none of them were interested in the fat kid. :biggrin-new:

Come on, Linda, you can do better. That's just plain mean.

And there does seem to be a more liberal trend now. There were girls who slept around back in the day when I was in college, but the difference is there didn't seem to be as many and they were talked about. It was more the exception, not the norm.

That's a cheap jab at Rush. Whether he's thinner or heavier, he still has a good functioning mind, whether you agree with him or not.

linda22003
03-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Come on, Linda, you can do better. That's just plain mean.

And there does seem to be a more liberal trend now. There were girls who slept around back in the day when I was in college, but the difference is there didn't seem to be as many and they were talked about. It was more the exception, not the norm.

That's a cheap jab at Rush. Whether he's thinner or heavier, he still has a good functioning mind, whether you agree with him or not.

He does have a good functioning mind, and it doesn't always move faster than his mouth. I wasn't actually trying to be mean; I think you can see a lot of his early insecurities coming to the surface when he says crap like he did yesterday. Guys who are most concerned about the "morality" of women screwing around are the ones who pretty much couldn't get any. That's just the way it is.

I don't know when you went to college, but Rush is only four years older than I am, so he did NOT go to college in a completely different climate than I did - and the sexual revolution had been fought and long since won by the time I was there!

SaintLouieWoman
03-02-2012, 12:46 PM
He does have a good functioning mind, and it doesn't always move faster than his mouth. I wasn't actually trying to be mean; I think you can see a lot of his early insecurities coming to the surface when he says crap like he did yesterday. Guys who are most concerned about the "morality" of women screwing around are the ones who pretty much couldn't get any. That's just the way it is.

I don't know when you went to college, but Rush is only four years older than I am, so he did NOT go to college in a completely different climate than I did - and the sexual revolution had been fought and long since won by the time I was there!

I think Rush checked out of college early on---never got his degree. But schools in the Midwest were probably different than in the more liberal East coast. I was probably in the same general era as Rush. Girls were still designated as "loose", the kind that the guys would date, but not "pin" (frat pin) or give an engagement ring.

It's probably the same as the styles in the Midwest stores are probably behind the styles in New York. It's not a dig at the Midwest---I love St Louis, Chicago, Milwaukee, etc, but just a component of a more conservative lifestyle. There's a natural caution in St Louis. I used to have to explain it to vertical marketing reps from our Washington DC offices who'd expect those instant results in business.

linda22003
03-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I think Rush checked out of college early on---never got his degree. But schools in the Midwest were probably different than in the more liberal East coast. I was probably in the same general era as Rush. Girls were still designated as "loose", the kind that the guys would date, but not "pin" (frat pin) or give an engagement ring.

To me, you're describing the 1950's, and Pat Boone at the top of the charts. I have no interest in going back there, and the GOP is discovering that lots of other women feel the same way. With so many real problems to address right now, to get sidetracked on an issue like this is nuts. And it MIGHT even cost them the election. :frown-new:

Hawkgirl
03-02-2012, 07:59 PM
And it MIGHT even cost them the election. :frown-new:

Don't get your hopes up...this will not be news a week from now.

Odysseus
03-06-2012, 02:22 PM
To me, you're describing the 1950's, and Pat Boone at the top of the charts. I have no interest in going back there, and the GOP is discovering that lots of other women feel the same way. With so many real problems to address right now, to get sidetracked on an issue like this is nuts. And it MIGHT even cost them the election. :frown-new:

Nobody wants to go back to the 1950's. It's not about you, it's about all of us. The Democrats are framing this as a debate on access to birth control, but you had access to it before this. This is about government mandating that it be given away at taxpayer expense. If the government decides that you have a "right" to birth control, then that means that I have an "obligation" to pay for it, just like I have an "obligation" to pay for all sorts of other things that the government has decided other people need to have at my expense. This is the federal government growing more powerful and arbitrary.

fettpett
03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
The only way women would not have access is if the FDA suddenly pulled the plug and forced every drug company to stop providing Birth Control (pill, IUD, Depo shot, etc), forced every condom manufacture to stop making them, and disallowed any doctor from performing any kind of vasectomy or tubal ligation. This idea it's going the GOP is trying to stop women from receiving birth control is just fucking asinine.

txradioguy
03-07-2012, 03:55 AM
The only way women would not have access is if the FDA suddenly pulled the plug and forced every drug company to stop providing Birth Control (pill, IUD, Depo shot, etc), forced every condom manufacture to stop making them, and disallowed any doctor from performing any kind of vasectomy or tubal ligation. This idea it's going the GOP is trying to stop women from receiving birth control is just fucking asinine.

Libtards are counting on the fact there's enough "useful idiots" in the GOP like Linda #'s that will beleive that a non-issue started by a DNC Operative is somehow something the Conservatives this election cycle are pushing for and support.

AmPat
03-07-2012, 06:41 PM

I disagree. I got plenty and consider my college years to be the second most decadent period of my life. I have changed a great deal over the years and have a completely different take on morality now. I'm not perfect, just different.