PDA

View Full Version : The "Nuge" endorses Romney...Mike.128 on suicide watch!

rjas77
03-02-2012, 07:03 PM
ooops...the title should read The "Nuge"

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/03/ted-nugent-endorses-mitt-romney-116247.html

Apache
03-02-2012, 07:41 PM

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/03/ted-nugent-endorses-mitt-romney-116247.html

i wondered what a 'nug' was... i was thinking a gun spelled backwards....:biggrin-new:

kinda disappointing though....:blue:

Kay
03-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Good to see.
You know Ted would not steer in the wrong direction.

Janice
03-02-2012, 09:50 PM
kinda disappointing ....:blue:

Indeed. Thoroughly so.

wwworkingguy
03-02-2012, 09:57 PM
This has about the same weight as Dave Mustaine endorsing Santurum......

Rockntractor
03-02-2012, 10:05 PM
This has about the same weight as Dave Mustaine endorsing Santurum......

Don't be so sure!http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0012.gif

mike128
03-03-2012, 07:31 PM
It's starting to look like we're in for another 4 more years. :blue:

JoeKwonDo
03-03-2012, 07:41 PM

Only if you and your fellow (fill in the blanks) sit on your hands instead of using your heads...

mike128
03-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Only if you and your fellow (fill in the blanks) sit on your hands instead of using your heads...
(fill in the blanks) = social conservatives

Odysseus
03-03-2012, 08:37 PM

"another 4 more years"? Welcome to the department of redundancy department.

DumbAss Tanker
03-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Good to see.
You know Ted would not steer in the wrong direction.

Ummm, okay.

:rolleyes:

fettpett
03-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Libtard moron = social "conservatives"

there, fixed that for you

Novaheart
03-04-2012, 12:22 PM

When I was in high school, Ted Nugent fans drank beer in the parking lot and smoked angel dustht.

Rockntractor
03-04-2012, 12:36 PM
When I was in high school, Ted Nugent fans drank beer in the parking lot and smoked angel dustht.

Ted Nugent never did any drugs. Rock and roll fans Teds included, may have done drugs, but it was always kind of refreshing that he didn't.

Novaheart
03-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Ted Nugent never did any drugs. Rock and roll fans Teds included, may have done drugs, but it was always kind of refreshing that he didn't.

Like my friend Jim said, "They all say that after they have kids."

Rockntractor
03-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Like my friend Jim said, "They all say that after they have kids."

He never did ever, he had other interests. Does it surprise you when someone doesn't follow your own pattern? I used drugs when I was younger and also drank heavy, I don't go to meetings and talk about it, I just stopped doing it. I realize that not everyone makes the same choices and you should also, you don't raise yourself up by bringing him down.

Novaheart
03-04-2012, 01:27 PM
He never did ever, he had other interests. Does it surprise you when someone doesn't follow your own pattern? I used drugs when I was younger and also drank heavy, I don't go to meetings and talk about it, I just stopped doing it. I realize that not everyone makes the same choices and you should also, you don't raise yourself up by bringing him down.

Not trying to bring him down, I just don't believe him. Nor did I believe Frank Zappa or Grace Slick when they made similar claims.

Novaheart
03-04-2012, 01:30 PM

Boy George also claimed to be anti-drug in the heyday of his career.
Belinda Carlisle as well.

Rockntractor
03-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Not trying to bring him down, I just don't believe him. Nor did I believe Frank Zappa or Grace Slick when they made similar claims.

Facts, proof, all are meaningless to you, it is pointless to have any discussion with someone who knows all.

Retread
03-05-2012, 12:22 AM
"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."

Novaheart
03-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Facts, proof, all are meaningless to you, it is pointless to have any discussion with someone who knows all.

I am entitled to disbelieve him. As it turns out, there is plenty of reason to disbelieve him.

djones520
03-05-2012, 01:12 AM

Actually, it seems an interview he did back in the 80's he admitted to smoking some pot, doing a line of coke, and then taking some Meth, just before he went to his draft physical.

Only sites I'm allowed to access from here, aren't exactly the type I want to put 100% trust in, but they say the interview was with Creem magazine, done by Jeffrey Morgan, if you want to check it out from some better sources.

None of that means he was a druggy, of course. His anti-drug stance is still pretty respectable. Given the rock and roll lifestyle he lived in the 70's, it's pretty amazing that he pretty much managed to stay clean.

Rockntractor
03-05-2012, 01:23 AM
Actually, it seems an interview he did back in the 80's he admitted to smoking some pot, doing a line of coke, and then taking some Meth, just before he went to his draft physical.

Only sites I'm allowed to access from here, aren't exactly the type I want to put 100% trust in, but they say the interview was with Creem magazine, done by Jeffrey Morgan, if you want to check it out from some better sources.

None of that means he was a druggy, of course. His anti-drug stance is still pretty respectable. Given the rock and roll lifestyle he lived in the 70's, it's pretty amazing that he pretty much managed to stay clean.

The version I heard was a supposed high times magazine article, nothing from a good source. everyone that has known him over the years will vouch for him and he's a national spokesman for D.A.R.E is well as several other anti drug organizations.
But I guess he could be a raving heroin user and just hid it from everyone close to him all his life.
It is surprising what some people are able to hide.

djones520
03-05-2012, 01:31 AM
The version I heard was a supposed high times magazine article, nothing from a good source. everyone that has known him over the years will vouch for him and he's a national spokesman for D.A.R.E is well as several other anti drug organizations.
But I guess he could be a raving heroin user and just hid it from everyone close to him all his life.
It is surprising what some people are able to hide.

Very true about being able to hide stuff, but I definitely give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a very eccentric person, but he's not hopped up on meth excentric. He's full of life, and people like that don't need drugs.

Outside of alcohal I've never done a recreational drug in my life, never even tried tobacco. I have inhaled marijuana smoke, but not exactly by choice, and never enough to get a contact buzz. It's something I'm proud of to this day.

I don't get drug users, even the tamers ones like weed. I don't see why you can't enjoy life enough as it is, without messing with your brain.

Rockntractor
03-05-2012, 01:34 AM
Very true about being able to hide stuff, but I definitely give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a very eccentric person, but he's not hopped up on meth excentric. He's full of life, and people like that don't need drugs.

Outside of alcohal I've never done a recreational drug in my life, never even tried tobacco. I have inhaled marijuana smoke, but not exactly by choice, and never enough to get a contact buzz. It's something I'm proud of to this day.

I don't get drug users, even the tamers ones like weed. I don't see why you can't enjoy life enough as it is, without messing with your brain.

Exactly and that is nothing for you to be ashamed of, you missed out on a lot of heartache trouble and expense by making wise choices, my choices in that area weren't so wise and I paid for it.

My problem with Nova's remarks are that there are a lot of people that never used drugs and never even wanted too, he needs to stop projecting his own life and weaknesses on others.