PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Made A Great Point About Daryll Issa's All-Male Panel Tonight

Carol
03-03-2012, 09:42 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002377470)

stopbush (10,385 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Rachel Made A Great Point About Daryll Issa's All-Male Panel Tonight
She pointed out how Issa's excuse for not having any women on the panel was because, "this is about religious freedom, not contraception."

Rachel pointed out that Issa was saying that (apparently) women have no say when the topic is religious freedom, either.

First of all there were 2 women on the panel, just not that particular part of the panel that liberals have put out there.

More importantly, liberals are saying that women should have been on the panel because it would have changed the results and the decision should have been that BECAUSE it's something they want that the constitutionality of it was not something to consider or rule on.

Star Member JDPriestly (29,804 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
2. I think that one person's religious freedom ends where another

View profile
person's personal freedom begins. My Catholic employer's freedom of religion ends where my freedom to use birth control begins. That is how I see this.

I don't walk into a Catholic Church and begin to sing A Mighty Fortress during the Mass. I don't expect the Catholic Church to walk into my bedroom and preach against contraception. If that was the case liberals wouldn't have a problem with this. NO CHURCH is denying anyone the right or opportunity to buy birth control. Liberals just want the CHURCH FORCED to pay for it.

AmPat
03-03-2012, 11:11 AM
The Liberal drones out there are following their master's orders to turn this from an attack on our Constitution by the Dimorats into an attack on women by Republicans. The idiot left will readily and willingly swallow this Koolaid, as usual, while the propaganda ministry aka media, will turn a percentage of those "valued" moderates into automatic head nodders who refuse to do the hard work of analyzing the facts.

Novaheart
03-03-2012, 11:47 AM
It's not a religious freedom issue, it's a labor and health care issue. The only legitimate objection I see here is if contraception drugs (which are also used for other things) are treated differently from other medications. They should be treated like all other medications. If it costs $10 copay for a generic pain killer then it should be $10 co-pay for 'the pill'.

Apache
03-03-2012, 12:40 PM
It's not a religious freedom issue, it's a labor and health care issue. The only legitimate objection I see here is if contraception drugs (which are also used for other things) are treated differently from other medications. They should be treated like all other medications. If it costs $10 copay for a generic pain killer then it should be $10 co-pay for 'the pill'.

princess, do things fly around your head all the time?

Zeus
03-03-2012, 12:46 PM
You need to remember he is more than willing to hide behind the same Constitution (misinterpetations and all ) he not affording others.

Novaheart
03-03-2012, 12:50 PM

Only gnats. Are you and Zeus conjoined?

DumbAss Tanker
03-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Rachel Madcow would have even less reason to know anything about contraception, or have anything intelligent to say on the subject, than the men on that committee.

Apache
03-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Only gnats. Are you and Zeus conjoined?

don't worry larger objects will soon appear i'm sure....

i don't fly that way princess. i'm sure zeus doesn't either...

Novaheart
03-03-2012, 01:45 PM
don't worry larger objects will soon appear i'm sure....

i don't fly that way princess. i'm sure zeus doesn't either...

Your mind is always in the gutter. I figured your were conjoined at the brain, each of you having half of one.

Dan D. Doty
03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
What a wonderful world we have now.

People on the Left more then happy to rape the Bill Of Rights to get free stuff from people they don't like.

The Dark Storm is here kids.

Novaheart
03-03-2012, 04:19 PM
What a wonderful world we have now.

People on the Left more then happy to rape the Bill Of Rights to get free stuff from people they don't like.

The Dark Storm is here kids.

What a wonderful world we live in, religious leaders and other throwbacks padding their pockets through government programs while complaining about having to comply with employment standards.

Apache
03-03-2012, 04:59 PM
What a wonderful world we live in, religious leaders and other throwbacks padding their pockets through government programs while complaining about having to comply with employment standards.

birth control is not an 'employment stadard'

since when is being a student 'employment'

until you have a valid complaint, stfu.... damn!

Dan D. Doty
03-03-2012, 05:33 PM

People's desires do not, I repeat DO NOT override the Rights of others guarenteed in The Bill Of Rights.

Nova if we go by your logic, then every time I go to the movies, you have to give me the money to go do it ( including paying for all the stuff I want at the snackbar) and you can't tell me which theature to go to, or what movies I see; you have to pay for my social life because that's the way Moonbats want things to be. They get to choose, but we don't have a choice if we want to pay for their social activities.

Moonbats are a bunch spoiled brats demanding Mom & Dad hand over their debit cards.

AmPat
03-03-2012, 07:08 PM
How's the Koolaid today? Sperm-egg avoidance is NOT a "health care issue." If the leftist hoes are so worried about pregnancy, they can stop spreading their legs. After we pay for sperm catching, what's next, taxpayer funded lubricants?

Novaheart
03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
How's the Koolaid today? Sperm-egg avoidance is NOT a "health care issue." If the leftist hoes are so worried about pregnancy, they can stop spreading their legs. After we pay for sperm catching, what's next, taxpayer funded lubricants?

I suspect that you know a great deal about whores.

JB
03-03-2012, 10:39 PM
How bad does it burn a libpuke when the good guys get to use that ridiculous "Separation of Church and State" thingy against them? Does it burn good? I hope so.

AmPat
03-05-2012, 12:42 AM
I suspect that you know a great deal about whores.
As usual, you are wrong. No wonder you're such a sad little turd, you are wrong so much it must be terribly frustrating. How sad your life must be.

By the way turd, you failed to answer the post again. Care to try that or have you given up?