PDA

View Full Version : VP Pick?

Apocalypse
03-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Who would be your ideal VP choice for this election cycle?

So far the people listed above seem to be the top leading picks.

Rockntractor
03-04-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm going to go with some other guy, it's his turn.

Kay
03-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Allen West is my pick of the above,
although I'd rather like to see him as Secretary of Defense.

Rockntractor
03-04-2012, 01:38 PM

Whoever the next president is they will not be popular because of some of the decisions they will have to make, I'd rather not see West or Rubio go down with the ship.

Janice
03-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Whoever the next president is they will not be popular because of some of the decisions they will have to make, I'd rather not see West or Rubio go down with the ship.

Good point. Which makes the whole thing scary. Esp if a typical RINO takes the reins.

Rockntractor
03-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Good point. Which makes the whole thing scary. Esp if a typical RINO takes the reins.

We can always in 4 years or 8 for that matter run West or Rubio against a sitting vice president in the primaries if they become unpopular.

Articulate_Ape
03-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Other: Condoleezza Rice

Kay
03-04-2012, 02:29 PM

It's a given that whoever wins the election is going to be hated by
appox half the country regardless of which party. I'd rather have
hard core dedicated men and women that are willing to firmly take
charge and risk going down with the ship, if that's the cost of putting
the country back on track. The ship is already sinking now.

Rockntractor
03-04-2012, 02:31 PM
It's a given that whoever wins the election is going to be hated by
appox half the country regardless of which party. I'd rather have
hard core dedicated men and women that are willing to firmly take
charge and risk going down with the ship, if that's the cost of putting
the country back on track. The ship is already sinking now.

The Vice does little or nothing, he is a figurehead, with your reasoning they should be in a cabinet position.

Zeus
03-04-2012, 03:10 PM
John Kasich should have run for President but I guess the good folks of Ohio still needed him. He would still make a good VP.

Kay
03-04-2012, 03:47 PM
The Vice does little or nothing, he is a figurehead,
with your reasoning they should be in a cabinet position.
Yes, that's why I rather see Allen West as SecDef.

Rockntractor
03-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Yes, that's why I rather see Allen West as SecDef.

Sorry, I remember you posting that now.

DumbAss Tanker
03-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Other: Condoleezza Rice

She'd be great but I don't think she's interested, West would also be great, and assuming Romney wins, Santorum would be a good way to try to heal the divide Mitt's own superPAC has done so much to create (Yeah, yeah, technically 'Not his.' Technically). If Romney takes it and picks someone like Christie ('Conservative' only in the context of coming from a seriously-Libtard State, and with an NRA rating in the D/F range) he'll be adding NOTHING attractive to the ticket for Libertarian Conservatives, and many Social Conservatives.

Zeus
03-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Food for thought Gary Johnson Former Gov of new mexico. Gov veto

Odysseus
03-05-2012, 01:55 AM
The Vice does little or nothing, he is a figurehead, with your reasoning they should be in a cabinet position.

The VP actually has a critical role in the campaign, which is to be the lightning rod. The VP can be the campaign's attack dog, which allows the Presidential candidate to appear "above the fray". West would be perfect for that, because he can take on Obama's record on race. He can legitimately make the case that Obama's policies have hurt blacks more than any other group, and he might actually peel off some of that voting bloc. He also negates a lot of the left's race card games.

Sarah Palin has already suggested that he be on the ticket.

Zeus
03-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I think that because the Possible Rep Candidate isn't exactly rocking anyones boat the VP candidate shouldn't be a flv of the day pick but someone with a stanch fiscal conservative background with a little Social conservative in the mix. Mitch Daniels, John Kasich, Gary Johnson. All three strong conservative record all three popular terms as Gov. Kasich still serving as Gov

Eupher
03-05-2012, 02:01 PM
The VP actually has a critical role in the campaign, which is to be the lightning rod. The VP can be the campaign's attack dog, which allows the Presidential candidate to appear "above the fray". West would be perfect for that, because he can take on Obama's record on race. He can legitimately make the case that Obama's policies have hurt blacks more than any other group, and he might actually peel off some of that voting bloc. He also negates a lot of the left's race card games.

Sarah Palin has already suggested that he be on the ticket.

In addition, according to some accounts I've read, West is fighting a redistricting which would eliminate his CD. I'm not exactly sure how and why he's been targeted (probably since he's a freshman), but should that redistricting result in his demise, I could definitely support West as VP in that role. He's a warrior and warriors mix it up with the enemy. He would do well.

Chuck58
03-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Food for thought Gary Johnson Former Gov of new mexico. Gov veto

I'd support Johnson as VP. He did a helluva fine job here in NM. He left us (term limited) with a smaller state government, a substantial surplus and he had a very high approval rating. He used the veto pen a lot, and he was fair about it. He vetoed just about as many Republican sponsored bills as Democrat.

Johnson has a strong business background as well. He started out with a diseased pickup truck and a box of tools as Gary's Handyman Service, in Albuquerque. He parlayed that into a multimillion dollar construction company employing hundreds, if not over a thousand, employees.

He was a bit too Libertarian in some areas, but I liked him, voted for him both times he ran for Governor and would vote for him again. He also began the push for concealed carry here but could never get it through the Dem controlled legislature.

Richardson was the governor that finally got it passed - about the only decent thing he did as governor.

Arroyo_Doble
03-05-2012, 04:55 PM

I think he has to wait a couple more years before he can take that post.

Odysseus
03-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I think he has to wait a couple more years before he can take that post.

Ideally, just until January 2013.

Arroyo_Doble
03-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Ideally, just until January 2013.

I think he retired in 2004. If I'm not mistaken, the Secretary of Defense is required to have at least a decade between military service and taking office.