PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Everything

NJCardFan
03-08-2012, 04:53 AM
Anybody see this? Stossel had this special on Fox News and I'm 11 minutes in and the stories so far are astounding. Here it is if you have 45 minutes to kill but believe me, your blood will be boiling within a few minutes. Especially considering that a guy was imprisoned for 8 years because the lobsters he was importing were in the wrong kind of packaging. George Orwell was 100% right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y6HsTi0mkw&context=C3d833f6ADOEgsToPDskKqg1mGbWy8iXxoXFQ1vGpi

This is the kind of government nova, wee wee, and our other resident idiots want. Over-regulated while our freedoms are put through a tire shredder.

Janice
03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Scary. This is mind numb liberal utopia-land, formerly home of the free.

No more.

Zeus
03-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Scary. This is mind numb liberal utopia-land, formerly home of the free.

No more.

Re-instate the 10 th amendment and a lot of that shit goes away. States would never get away with it except some on the coasts.

NJCardFan
03-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Re-instate the 10 th amendment and a lot of that shit goes away. States would never get away with it except some on the coasts.

A lot of the silliness was instate as well. What we need to do is stop letting lobbyists run the country. The taxi thing in DC was astounding.

Zeus
03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
A lot of the silliness was instate as well. What we need to do is stop letting lobbyists run the country. The taxi thing in DC was astounding.

Sure it is instate as well empowered and emboldened by precedent setting. The 10th returns the precedents go away. Also with the return of the 10th the several states elected senators once again become their lobbyists

Articulate_Ape
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM

Reinstate the 10th Amendment? I think you mean follow and enforce the 10th Amendment. It hasn't been repealed--yet.

I fear we've passed the point of no return, my friends.

Zeus
03-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Reinstate the 10th Amendment? I think you mean follow and enforce the 10th Amendment. It hasn't been repealed--yet.

I fear we've passed the point of no return, my friends.

Hasn't been recognized or followed. It could just as well as been repealed. I know the gun nutters will have a hissy fit over this but Other than The First Amendment I consider the 10 th possibly the most important because it specifically gives the power to the people and the several states. As long as the power resides in DC we could very well have passed the point of no return. All is not lost though,not yet anyway.

Apache
03-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Hasn't been recognized or followed. It could just as well as been repealed. I know the gun nutters will have a hissy fit over this but Other than The First Amendment I consider the 10 th possibly the most important because it specifically gives the power to the people and the several states. As long as the power resides in DC we could very well have passed the point of no return. All is not lost though,not yet anyway.

heh! without the 2nd the other nine are defenseless....

Zeus
03-08-2012, 07:09 PM
heh! without the 2nd the other nine are defenseless....

Without something to defend you're just a hunter gatherer.

Wei Wu Wei
03-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Anybody see this? Stossel had this special on Fox News and I'm 11 minutes in and the stories so far are astounding. Here it is if you have 45 minutes to kill but believe me, your blood will be boiling within a few minutes. Especially considering that a guy was imprisoned for 8 years because the lobsters he was importing were in the wrong kind of packaging. George Orwell was 100% right.

http://i.imgur.com/BswHV.jpg

This is the kind of government nova, wee wee, and our other resident idiots want. Over-regulated while our freedoms are put through a tire shredder.

http://i.imgur.com/L3jiD.jpg

Janice
03-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Seems theyre both right. First Huxley, then Orwell.

At least on some level.

Apache
03-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Without something to defend you're just a hunter gatherer.

i'm not dismissing your premise, zeus. i'm saying that without the fear of losing the power granted them, the government would move much quicker in consolidating their grab.

RedGrouse
03-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Our freedoms are eroding and we do not see it.

NJCardFan
03-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Wee Wee, instead of posting stupid cartoons, tell us why you agree with what Stossel was railing against. You probably love that government oversight shuts down lemonade stands. This is the America you want so admit it. The only thing you probably agree with Stossel on is the drug segment.

Janice
03-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Our freedoms are eroding and we do not see it.

Yup. The 'ol frog coming to a boil routine ...

Wei Wu Wei
03-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Wee Wee, instead of posting stupid cartoons, tell us why you agree with what Stossel was railing against. You probably love that government oversight shuts down lemonade stands. This is the America you want so admit it. The only thing you probably agree with Stossel on is the drug segment.

Why do you insist so strongly that I want something? Why do you feel the need to tell me what my ideas are?

Is it because that's easier than actually listening to what they are? Is it because you'd rather knock down strawmen all day because it gives you a feeling of satisfaction that's far more accessible than real insight?

If you ever want to have a mature discussion where we exchange ideas rationally and respectfully, I'll be very happy to indulge, but if you just want to have a pissing contest where you let out your frustrations on the internet, you'll have to find someone else. Don't worry though, you seem pretty adept at constructing strawmen for your own entertainment.

I'm sure being rude and obnoxious on the internet makes you feel Smarter Than A 5th Grader, but it's no different than the other 200 million teenage boys who get on the internet and talk a lot of shit about how stupid everyone is while they are making straight D's in high school.

Rockntractor
03-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Why do you insist so strongly that I want something? Why do you feel the need to tell me what my ideas are?

Anyone here can tell you that you don't actually know what you believe, it's a bunch of philosophical Marxist gibberish that usually ends with you posting worthless charts and stats from unknown links. We know where you stand and I hope you clean your shoes before you go back in the house.

NJCardFan
03-09-2012, 02:51 PM

Is it because that's easier than actually listening to what they are? Is it because you'd rather knock down strawmen all day because it gives you a feeling of satisfaction that's far more accessible than real insight?

If you ever want to have a mature discussion where we exchange ideas rationally and respectfully, I'll be very happy to indulge, but if you just want to have a pissing contest where you let out your frustrations on the internet, you'll have to find someone else. Don't worry though, you seem pretty adept at constructing strawmen for your own entertainment.

I'm sure being rude and obnoxious on the internet makes you feel Smarter Than A 5th Grader, but it's no different than the other 200 million teenage boys who get on the internet and talk a lot of shit about how stupid everyone is while they are making straight D's in high school.

See wee, I like putting together puzzles. And all I need to do is read your past posts an come to a logical conclusion and that is that since you are a marxist to the bone, it's this type of government that you want.

Wei Wu Wei
03-09-2012, 09:54 PM
See wee, I like putting together puzzles. And all I need to do is read your past posts an come to a logical conclusion and that is that since you are a marxist to the bone, it's this type of government that you want.

Marxist to the bone? Not exactly my friend.

Marxist analysis is valuable and insightful, but I've never made any claims about Marx being the One True Prophet of Truth as you seem to believe. Marxist concepts are extremely useful for critical ideological analysis, but they are limited by the conditions in which they arose.

You seem to insist with absolute conviction that I am some extreme ideological hard-liner, but your sheer inability to see people or the world with any degree of nuance, your unconditional compulsion to caricature everything you are either in disagreement with or ignorant of, and your failure to ever engage in meaningful discussion with people you disagree with actually prove the opposite: that you are in fact the person living in an extremely rigid ideological world where such behavior is necessary just to sustain the bubble you live in.

AmPat
03-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Deduction comes from reason and reason relies on facts. It's no wonder that Wei Wei doesn't get it.