PDA

View Full Version : McCain... thanks Whoopi for being utterly misguided about the Constitution...?

IanMartins
09-15-2008, 12:31 PM
For the love of God, doesn't anyone read the Constitution any longer? I knew Whoopi Goldberg was a raving lunatic, that's not what this is about -- it's rather about McCain horrible way of handling the issue. Either he's never read the Constitution at all, or he's utterly spineless in defending it?

Try reading this dialogue while keeping a straight face.

GOLDBERG: Should I be worried about being a slave, about being returned to slavery because certain things happened in the Constitution that you had to change.

McCAIN: I, I understand your point.

GOLDBERG: Okay, okay.

McCAIN: I understand that point and I, I, [applause] thank you. Thatís an excellent point.

GOLDBERG: Thank you sir.

McCAIN: And I thank you.

Great Scott! Ignorance, or blind appeasement of ignorance?

Cseeman
09-15-2008, 01:30 PM
I'd like to think Mc Cain was playing to his audience and did not want to get into an argument with an idiot

enslaved1
09-15-2008, 05:29 PM
"I understand" was the goto line to defuse an upset customer with the insurance company I worked for. Then you explain what they are upset about, or if they are just plain nuts, guide them to another subject. Theoritcally, McCain may have decided to not walk into the ambush. McCain hung around Kennedy enough though, maybe something rubbed off on him.

PoliCon
09-15-2008, 10:06 PM
For the love of God, doesn't anyone read the Constitution any longer? I knew Whoopi Goldberg was a raving lunatic, that's not what this is about -- it's rather about McCain horrible way of handling the issue. Either he's never read the Constitution at all, or he's utterly spineless in defending it?

Try reading this dialogue while keeping a straight face.

Great Scott! Ignorance, or blind appeasement of ignorance?It's called being a gentleman.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-16-2008, 08:14 AM
I would have laughed and then, while laughing ask, what in the world would lead you to that conclusion? The point needs to be made - with good humor - that this is utterly ridiculous.

PoliCon
09-16-2008, 08:30 AM
I would have laughed and then, while laughing ask, what in the world would lead you to that conclusion? The point needs to be made - with good humor - that this is utterly ridiculous.
But that would have given the appearance that McCain is a totally insensitive jerk who laughs off other peoples concerns. everyone knows that she was being ridiculous. He didn't have to treat her badly to prove that.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Not mean spirited laughing, he needed to do it in a good humored way.