PDA

View Full Version : Biggest solar storm in years hits, so far so good

Rockntractor
03-08-2012, 06:23 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) -- One of the strongest solar storms in years engulfed Earth early Thursday, but scientists say the planet may have lucked out.
Read More>http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SCI_SOLAR_STORM?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-03-07-21-21-58

SarasotaRepub
03-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Cool Stuff!

Chuck58
03-09-2012, 05:21 PM
And I spent thousands of dollars putting up lead shields on the roof and walls of our home to protect us.

At least it wasn't for nothing. When this 'crisis' has passed, I can use the lead to make minie balls for my musket.

noonwitch
03-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Our printers all went off line on Thursday, and I couldn't print anything unless I switched to default print, first. Same thing on Friday.

Today, everything is working properly again. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the solar storm.

Rockntractor
03-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Our printers all went off line on Thursday, and I couldn't print anything unless I switched to default print, first. Same thing on Friday.

Today, everything is working properly again. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the solar storm.

If you were connected wireless it is remotely possible but that doesn't mean you can't blame it on the storms.