PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh to advertiser: I don't want you back

bijou
03-09-2012, 10:54 AM
The intense campaign to cut advertising to “The Rush Limbaugh Show” took another turn Thursday when one of the first companies to pull its ads reportedly asked to return to the radio show -- only to be told by Team Limbaugh that the conservative host no longer would give his endorsement. A Limbaugh spokesman said that California mattress company Sleep Train asked to restart a “voiced endorsement” from Limbaugh that it had publicly cut off last week. The company said at the time that it “does not condone such negative comments toward any person.” ...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2012/03/rush-limbaugh-advertiser.html

fettpett
03-09-2012, 11:14 AM
ahahaha....thats what happens when dumbfucks rule their companies via knee jerk reactions and feelings instead of sound business sense

AmPat
03-09-2012, 11:25 AM
ahahaha....thats what happens when dumbfucks rule their companies via knee jerk reactions and feelings instead of sound business sense
But they were feeling "principled" last week. What happened to this week???:rolleyes:

What a bunch of idiots! I hope Rush refuses the rest of them too. Next year, several of them will be filing for bankruptcy anyway.

fettpett
03-09-2012, 11:57 AM
But they were feeling "principled" last week. What happened to this week???:rolleyes:

What a bunch of idiots! I hope Rush refuses the rest of them too. Next year, several of them will be filing for bankruptcy anyway.

I'll laugh my ass right off when Carbonite does, as they would be no where without Rush

Janice
03-09-2012, 01:13 PM
And heres the list:

AccuQuote Life Insurance,
Allstate Insurance,
AOL,
Bare Escentuals,
Bethesda Sedation Dentistry,
Bonobos, Carbonite,
Cascades Dental,
Citrix,
Girl Scouts,
Goodwill Industries,
Hadeed Carpet,
JCPenney,
Legal Zoom,
Matrix Direct,
Philadelphia Orchestra,
PolyCom,
ProFlowers,
Quicken Loans,
Reputation Rhino,
Sears,
Sensa,
Service Magic,
Sleep Train,
Sleep Number,
St. Vincent’s Medical Center,
Tax Resolution,
Thompson Creek Windows and
Vitacost.

Articulate_Ape
03-09-2012, 01:18 PM
And heres the list:

Allstate Insurance,
AOL,
Bare Escentuals,
Bonobos, Carbonite,
Cascades Dental,
Citrix,
Girl Scouts,
Goodwill Industries,
Hadeed Carpet,
JCPenney,
Legal Zoom,
Matrix Direct,
Philadelphia Orchestra,
PolyCom,
ProFlowers,
Quicken Loans,
Reputation Rhino,
Sears,
Sensa,
Service Magic,
Sleep Train,
Sleep Number,
Tax Resolution,
Vitacost.

Do these companies actually think that Liberals are the ones buying their stuff? Heh. Idiots.

txradioguy
03-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Some of those...Thompson Creek and Bethesda Dentristy are local WMAL advertisers...they aren't national sponsors...there are others on there that I've never heard of that I'd be willing to bet are locals too...so while the list might look long and at first glance damaging to Clear Channel/Rush...it's hurting the local stations more.

And knowing sales reps like I do...they bonused the advertisers some extra spots and moved them to other shows like Hannity Levin or Chris Corr.

NJCardFan
03-09-2012, 02:47 PM
And heres the list:

Allstate Insurance,
AOL,
Bare Escentuals,
Bonobos, Carbonite,
Cascades Dental,
Citrix,
Girl Scouts,
Goodwill Industries,
Hadeed Carpet,
JCPenney,
Legal Zoom,
Matrix Direct,
Philadelphia Orchestra,
PolyCom,
ProFlowers,
Quicken Loans,
Reputation Rhino,
Sears,
Sensa,
Service Magic,
Sleep Train,
Sleep Number,
Tax Resolution,
Vitacost.

Wow. I was planning on boycotting these companies but with the exception of JC Penney I've never done business with any of those. Oh, didn't see Pro Flowers but I've only used them once and now never again.

noonwitch
03-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Am I the only one surprised that Girl Scouts ever advertised on Rush's show?

AmPat
03-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Do these companies actually think that Liberals are the ones buying their stuff? Heh. Idiots.
I don't see Cheetos, Twinkies, or Acapulco Gold on there. No impact to liberals!:cool:

Arroyo_Doble
03-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Am I the only one surprised that Girl Scouts ever advertised on Rush's show?

No.

Not sure how they can remain, though.

Articulate_Ape
03-09-2012, 08:12 PM
No.

Not sure how they can remain, though.

Why?

Apocalypse
03-09-2012, 09:06 PM

Their actual customers, those who don't sleep on lice covered hemp filled sleeping bags in parks told them they were pissed off and were going elsewhere.

JB
03-09-2012, 09:22 PM
I guess the Sleep Train customers have left the station.

JB
03-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Why?Don't hold your breath. He looks to be temporarily bye-bye'd.

Adam Wood
03-10-2012, 02:05 AM
Wow. I was planning on boycotting these companies but with the exception of JC Penney I've never done business with any of those. Oh, didn't see Pro Flowers but I've only used them once and now never again.The only one of them that I've ever actually done business with is Sleep Number, and maybe I bought something from Penney's a long time ago. I can't really undo my business with Sleep Number, but then I've basically concluded my business with them, anyway, so it doesn't really matter. I have to say that they do make a damn fine bed for someone like me with back problems.

As TRG said, a bunch of those are local or regional. Sleep Train, for example, is almost exclusively in California. Big deal. I'd wager better than 90% of Rush's listeners are nowhere near California and aren't planning to drive all the way from Oakland to Omaha holding a new mattress on the roof of their car. So most of that list falls directly into the "big whoop" file. Sales people will go out and earn new commissions, and I'm betting that they get some fat bonuses for new signs in those slots.

No matter what, I sincerely doubt Rush is going hungry any time soon. I'm pretty sure he didn't have to go out and buy ramen noodles to eat on Monday night for lack of money.

Rockntractor
03-10-2012, 02:24 AM
Sales people will go out and earn new commissions, and I'm betting that they get some fat bonuses for new signs in those slots.

No matter what, I sincerely doubt Rush is going hungry any time soon. I'm pretty sure he didn't have to go out and buy ramen noodles to eat on Monday night for lack of money.

This sort of controversy will actually increase his audience.

Adam Wood
03-10-2012, 02:35 AM
This sort of controversy will actually increase his audience.That's my guess. The Left will absolutely not be able to avoid tuning in; it's going to be a traffic accident curiousity that they can't avoid. Normal people will have their intrest piqued by all of the buzz, and the neat part is that those who never listen will find out that Rush actually isn't some raging lunatic like they've been told.

NJCardFan
03-10-2012, 05:27 AM
I don't see Cheetos, Twinkies, or Acapulco Gold on there. No impact to liberals!:cool:
Acapulco Gold Filters, take 403.

Bet you didn't think anyone was going to get that did you. :taser:

Lanie
03-10-2012, 09:59 AM

As a customer, I might choose not to buy from a Limbaugh advertisor. Keep in mind it's a Californian company. California, where the conservative politicians better be liberal or they won't be elected.

Hawkgirl
03-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Good move, Rush. Stand up to the hypocrisy. Bill Maher gets no outrage when he called Sarah Palin, a married woman, a slut, yet Rush can't call Fluke a slut, an unmarried woman who is so promiscuous that she cannot pay for her own birth control. I don't recall advertisers pulling out of Maher when he trashed a conservative Vice President nominee.

fettpett
03-10-2012, 12:18 PM
As a customer, I might choose not to buy from a Limbaugh advertisor.

and thats entirely within your right as far as a CONSUMER, however it's not a good business practice, period.

Rockntractor
03-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Coming soon Obama bailout for Seep train, Carbonite, etc..........

They are to loyal to the leftist machine to fail!