PDA

View Full Version : If I Were the Devil

namvet
03-10-2012, 01:20 AM
Do you remember the famous ABC radio news commentator Paul Harvey?
Millions of Americans listened to his programs which were broadcast over 1,200 radio stations nationwide.
The following commentary was broadcast 47 years ago.... April 3, 1965.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJc8Mzg0C-c

Articulate_Ape
03-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Wow. Prophets are never accepted as such until their prophesies become fulfilled and outlive them.

Apache
03-10-2012, 02:02 AM
:Sign:
Wow. Prophets are never accepted as such until their prophesies become fulfilled and outlive them.

noonwitch
03-12-2012, 12:32 PM
The popularity of Jersey Shore among the american public has got to be pretty strong evidence that our society is basically f@#*ed.

Novaheart
03-12-2012, 12:38 PM
The popularity of Jersey Shore among the american public has got to be pretty strong evidence that our society is basically f@#*ed.

As opposed to the Dukes Of Hazard?

noonwitch
03-12-2012, 02:06 PM
As opposed to the Dukes Of Hazard?

I hated the Dukes when I was a teenager who had to watch it almost every Friday night because I was also a babysitter. But I have viewed enough episodes of both shows to say that Jersey Shore has absolutely nothing redeeming about it. Drunken, stupid people who have no purpose in life except being stupid on camera.

The fictional people of Hazzard County were much more intelligent than the real people of Jersey Shore. At least the dumbest character on that show (Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltraine) had a good dog. Most of the characters had jobs (Cooter, Daisy, Roscoe, Enos, Boss Hogg) and those that didn't have a convential job were farmers.

I hate both shows, but at least you can let kids watch the Dukes and not have to answer a bunch of questions afterward about sexual promiscuity and how people can get their skin that healthy orange tone.

NJCardFan
03-13-2012, 12:12 AM
I hated the Dukes when I was a teenager who had to watch it almost every Friday night because I was also a babysitter. But I have viewed enough episodes of both shows to say that Jersey Shore has absolutely nothing redeeming about it. Drunken, stupid people who have no purpose in life except being stupid on camera.

The fictional people of Hazzard County were much more intelligent than the real people of Jersey Shore. At least the dumbest character on that show (Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltraine) had a good dog. Most of the characters had jobs (Cooter, Daisy, Roscoe, Enos, Boss Hogg) and those that didn't have a convential job were farmers.

I hate both shows, but at least you can let kids watch the Dukes and not have to answer a bunch of questions afterward about sexual promiscuity and how people can get their skin that healthy orange tone.
Not to mention that those idiots on that stupid show aren't even from NJ and give a bad representation of the Jersey Shore.