PDA

View Full Version : A Message from Rick Santorum

SaintLouieWoman
03-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Since I made a very small donation to his campaign, I now get the daily emails. Here's the latest:

Don’t let Mitt Romney’s campaign fool you into thinking this race is over because Mitt Romney needs this race to end tomorrow. The reality is simple: the Romney math doesn't add up and he will have a difficult time getting to a majority of the delegates.
His campaign is also running out of money and voters are beginning to see Mitt Romney for what he is: a Massachusetts moderate who has flip-flopped on almost every major issue.

Before the 2012 race even started his surrogates were fighting to frontload the nominating calendar with states favorable to his campaign so they could quickly close out the opposition. Because the longer the race continues the more time his opponents have to highlight his real record as Governor.

Our campaign on the other hand has been gaining steam since our kickoff Iowa win and winning in states Team Romney thought they would win. Big Picture: Rick Santorum has now won in Iowa, Missouri, Colorado, Minnesota, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Kansas. In addition to the states where he's won, Rick has also picked up delegates in states from Vermont in the East to Washington in the West - important to note, because it proves support for his candidacy is nationwide.

The latest New York Times/CBS Poll reinforces our nationwide appeal, with new numbers out this morning showing Rick with a 34 to 30 lead over Mitt Romney, and Newt Gingrich trailing in the low teens.

And now the race for the nomination is moving towards primaries and caucuses that are more favorable terrain for Rick Santorum. With states such as North Carolina, Indiana, Texas, Kentucky, etc. having to still cast their votes.

To make sure our supporters see the race the way it really is, not the way the Romney spin machine would like you to see it, our team has drafted a memo (http://click.cmdiemail.com/?ju=fe29177776660c75761070&ls=fde8117273620d7b711d7273&m=fe6615707164077b7012&l=fe8e107373650d7b71&s=fdf11571726c007b72157876&jb=ffcf14&t=) explaining these very things. I hope you will take a moment to visit our website and read the memo (http://click.cmdiemail.com/?ju=fe29177776660c75761070&ls=fde8117273620d7b711d7273&m=fe6615707164077b7012&l=fe8e107373650d7b71&s=fdf11571726c007b72157876&jb=ffcf14&t=). You‘ll see our campaign momentum is growing and the contest is moving onto more favorable ground.

With additional wins in the upcoming contests and the race coming down to Rick Santorum, a principled conservative and Mitt Romney, a flip-flopping moderate, we feel good about our chances and are confident in a Santorum path to victory!
Mitt Romney's campaign knows this and is now relying on their DC lobbyists and deep-pocketed Super PACs to help them raise $25+ million more to help them fund the race through the convention. Money they didn’t expect to spend because our campaign has surged!

Chuck58
03-12-2012, 09:15 PM
I'll give Santorum credit. From the beginning, he's been operating on a shoestring budget and has wracked up a lot of wins. In no state has he had a machine pumping megabucks into the campaign. It's mostly been done on the ground with shoe leather.

He's got my backing, because I simply do not like or trust Romney and, although I think Newt would eat obama alive in a debate I don't think Newt can pull off a win in November.

Janice
03-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Ive given to Bachmann and Santorum. Guess its all Santorum now. Would have given to Cain ... but he dropped off too soon. Guess the GOP basically gangs up with DNC (and a lot of help from the media) to knock off the best ones first.

SaintLouieWoman
03-12-2012, 11:42 PM
It has to be killing Romney for Santorum to win so many states on a bare bones budget. Rick has shot himself in the foot pretty many times, but he keeps right on going. Bill Moher probably inadvertently helped Santorum by attacking his kids----not nice to beat up on home schooled kids. Not nice, Billy boy.

Chuck58
03-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Rick Perry was my second choice, when Bachmann folded her tents. I like him, have liked the way he's run Texas, other than the illegal alien tuition thing, and like most of his positions. But...he isn't and never was a debater.

I still think he'd make the best president of all those who have been in it.

Romney ... I could be wrong, but he simply doesn't ring true to me. He might be considered a conservative in New England. I think it was a shock to him when he came out into America and discovered that conservative means a whole different thing out here than at home. He hasn't quite got his head wrapped around real conservatism yet.

Then, he goes to the South and proclaims himself a Southerner who "Likes grits and things." What are 'things?'

I expected to see him waving a battle flag and leading a chorus of Dixie. That appearance, in Mississippi, was that absurd.

rjas77
03-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Romney ... I could be wrong, but he simply doesn't ring true to me. He might be considered a conservative in New England. I think it was a shock to him when he came out into America and discovered that conservative means a whole different thing out here than at home. He hasn't quite got his head wrapped around real conservatism yet.

Nailed it square....

Keep in mind that all of Romney's record comes from legislation that was made at the state level.

Chuck58
03-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Nailed it square....

Keep in mind that all of Romney's record comes from legislation that was made at the state level.

Yeah, and Beacon Hill is infested with extreme liberal democrats. That meant compromise. And that's something that worries me about him. Compromise to liberals isn't usually give and take or 50-50. We need somebody as POTUS who will do for us what King Barack Hussein is doing, and the whining that comes from the left would be music to my ears.

The only time they talk about bi-partisanship and compromise is when they're on the short end. Put them in charge and it's all forgotten. So, if we can take it back, let's forget them.

Janice
03-13-2012, 01:19 AM
... Compromise to liberals isn't usually give and take or 50-50. We need somebody as POTUS who will do for us what King Barack Hussein is doing, and the whining that comes from the left would be music to my ears.

The only time they talk about bi-partisanship and compromise is when they're on the short end. Put them in charge and it's all forgotten. So, if we can take it back, let's forget them.

Amen to that!

mike128
03-13-2012, 02:22 AM
I am strongly behind Rick Santorum, as well. I hope Rick takes BOTH Mississippi and Alabama today. I really think Newt should get out at this point. He has only won two states, and he only has just over 100 delegates. He is also taking votes away from Santorum, who has already won 8 states and has more than twice the delegates as Newt.

If Newt ends up winning both Alabama and Mississippi, Flip Romney will surely get the nomination, and I certainly will not be voting at all on November 6th. If some of you still want to vote for Romney to stop Obumbler, that's your business. My conscience won't allow me to do that, even though I hope that Obumbler loses, regardless.

Zathras
03-13-2012, 04:39 AM
If Newt ends up winning both Alabama and Mississippi, Flip Romney will surely get the nomination, and I certainly will not be voting at all on November 6th. If some of you still want to vote for Romney to stop Obumbler, that's your business. My conscience won't allow me to do that, even though I hope that Obumbler loses, regardless.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/deadhorse.jpg

Perilloux
03-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Voted in Alabama for the first time today. After considering Santorum & Gingrich the last couple of months I finally settled in Santorum. My oldest Son also voted for the first time ever today. He said he voted for Gingrich. Will be interesting to see who takes this state.

Chuck58
03-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Very early returns have Santorum up by several % in both states.

Gingrich second with Romney breathing down his neck.

SaintLouieWoman
03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Very early returns have Santorum up by several % in both states.

Gingrich second with Romney breathing down his neck.
Pretty impressive when you consider that Santorum and Gingrich have relatively little funds and Romney is again throwing big bucks against them in another negative blitz.

Chuck58
03-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Pretty impressive when you consider that Santorum and Gingrich have relatively little funds and Romney is again throwing big bucks against them in another negative blitz.

Santorum seems to connect with people.

I don't think Romney's comment yesterday went over big. "I consider myself a Southerner. I like grits and things."

SaintLouieWoman
03-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Santorum seems to connect with people.

I don't think Romney's comment yesterday went over big. "I consider myself a Southerner. I like grits and things."
It was painful watching him. In a way I feel sorry for him with his feeble attempts to connect. I'm sure the folks down there thought he was making fun of them.

Chuck58
03-13-2012, 10:27 PM
It was painful watching him. In a way I feel sorry for him with his feeble attempts to connect. I'm sure the folks down there thought he was making fun of them.

That's almost what our friends in Scottsboro, Alabama said - that he sounded like he was talking down to them. They saw that remark on Fox and it decided their vote, from what they told my wife. Liking grits wasn't a deal breaker, the "and things" part ticked them off.

m00
03-13-2012, 10:33 PM
That's almost what our friends in Scottsboro, Alabama said - that he sounded like he was talking down to them. They saw that remark on Fox and it decided their vote, from what they told my wife. Liking grits wasn't a deal breaker, the "and things" part ticked them off.

Strange things are happening to him, indeed.

Apocalypse
03-13-2012, 11:02 PM
I'll say it right now.

Get ready for a brokered convention.

Santorum will still after tonights win need around 70% of all remaining delegates. Romney will need about 55%-60% now.

We will likely see a brokered convention. Santorum is not their favorite. Romney is.

AmPat
03-13-2012, 11:05 PM

It was silly and contrived. His handlers should have known that he would fail. He should have tried it out on them first and then the strategy discarded. Perhaps he did rehearse and his handlers are as out of touch as he?

Chuck58
03-13-2012, 11:08 PM
I'll say it right now.

Santorum will still after tonights win need around 70% of all remaining delegates. Romney will need about 55%-60% now.

We will likely see a brokered convention. Santorum is not their favorite. Romney is.

That's what I'm expecting. Looks like Santorum takes both states, Gingrich 2nd and Romney 3rd. Paul was on the ballot too.

They want Romney, and they're bound and determined to have Romney. I think Romney was promised the nomination back in 2008. No way to prove it, of course.

AmPat
03-13-2012, 11:18 PM
That's what I'm expecting. Looks like Santorum takes both states, Gingrich 2nd and Romney 3rd. Paul was on the ballot too.

They want Romney, and they're bound and determined to have Romney. I think Romney was promised the nomination back in 2008. No way to prove it, of course.

I hope they are getting better advice than that. If they screw with the will of the base, they will ensure defeat until the GOP goes the way of the Do Nothings and Whigs.

Apocalypse
03-13-2012, 11:18 PM

My theory;

We know they want Romney.

Santorum is gaining but hindered by Newt.

Newt has said he's not getting out and will stay to the convention.

I'm starting to think Newt and Romney may have a side deal worked out to keep in it to suck the air out of Santorum's bid.

All Romney has to do is stay ahead of Santorum to the convention, and be awarded the ticket because he had more delegates.

Chuck58
03-13-2012, 11:27 PM
My theory;

I'm starting to think Newt and Romney may have a side deal worked out to keep in it to suck the air out of Santorum's bid.

All Romney has to do is stay ahead of Santorum to the convention, and be awarded the ticket because he had more delegates.

You have that feeling too, huh? Either it's a side deal with Romney or the old mustache Pete's heading the GOP.

SaintLouieWoman
03-13-2012, 11:35 PM
I'll say it right now.

If Gingrich bows out, which he should after losing the two southern states, couldn't he shift his delegates to Santorum (even if unofficially)? You'd think they could cut some sort of deal. From here on out, if Gingrich isn't in the race, Santorum should be able to ramp up that delegate count.

mike128
03-13-2012, 11:52 PM
My theory;

Why do I think you're right? :blue: If this is true, then we will have 4 more years of Obumbler, because REAL conservatives will stay home, and Romney will be percieved as Obama-lite.

Apocalypse
03-14-2012, 12:01 AM
If Gingrich bows out, which he should after losing the two southern states, couldn't he shift his delegates to Santorum (even if unofficially)? You'd think they could cut some sort of deal. From here on out, if Gingrich isn't in the race, Santorum should be able to ramp up that delegate count.

Yes it is their choice to dole out the delegates they won if they bow out. If they choose to.

But even if they combine, they still trail Romney by 100. Next few coming up. Missouri 52 which should all go to Santorum. So still need another 50 to catch up. Then Puerto Rico 23 which if like Guam, will all go to Romney. So -73. Then Illinois 69. IDK on this one. Louisiana 46 lets say Santorum here cuts it to lets even then. Then Wisconsin/DC/Maryland should be a split even. But this next one is major for Romney. New York/Rhode Island/Delaware/Pennsylvania. Total here is 231 and these are more up for Romney.

Santorum is picking up state count, but Romney is picking up the big ones, and splitting enough of the medium ones to stay ahead.

AmPat
03-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Yes it is their choice to dole out the delegates they won if they bow out. If they choose to.

But even if they combine, they still trail Romney by 100. Next few coming up. Missouri 52 which should all go to Santorum. So still need another 50 to catch up. Then Puerto Rico 23 which if like Guam, will all go to Romney. So -73. Then Illinois 69. IDK on this one. Louisiana 46 lets say Santorum here cuts it to lets even then. Then Wisconsin/DC/Maryland should be a split even. But this next one is major for Romney. New York/Rhode Island/Delaware/Pennsylvania. Total here is 231 and these are more up for Romney.

Santorum is picking up state count, but Romney is picking up the big ones, and splitting enough of the medium ones to stay ahead.I agree with your assessment except PA. I believe Santorum gets it and it is a heavy delegate count.

I wish Romney would get the message that we don't want him. I believe that is why he can't close the deal.

Apocalypse
03-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Why do I think you're right? :blue: If this is true, then we will have 4 more years of Obumbler, because REAL conservatives will stay home, and Romney will be percieved as Obama-lite.

I got a friend who on FB has been saying if Mitt gets it, and doesn't pick up a strong religious VP like Huckabee he and other Christian right voters will sit home.

I disagree and pointed out, they may not like Mitt, but Obama's war on the Christian right and those of faith. Will be enough to force them out holding their noise and vote for Mitt regardless. That the thought of having to endure another 4 years of Obama's assault on them and their beliefs will be enough to convince them Mitts better then what we have, even thou he stinks.

And know what, he agreed and said yea, he would likely vote for Mitt just to get rid of Obama too regardless. Thou he still would like to have a better candidate.

mike128
03-14-2012, 01:00 AM
I got a friend who on FB has been saying if Mitt gets it, and doesn't pick up a strong religious VP like Huckabee he and other Christian right voters will sit home.
I'm sorry, Apocalypse. But I agree with your friend. I can not possibly vote for a flip-flopper who made a passionate argument for abortion, when he was running against Ted Kennedy in Massachusetts, and then donated personal funds to Planned Parenthood, the LARGEST abortion provider in the entire NATION.

You did get it right that Mike Huckabee would be the best VP pick for a flip-flopper like Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flop Romney. But what role would Huckabee have on the campaign trail, and in a "Romney" administration?? The point is that Mr. Flip would silence Huckabee, assuming he was the "pick", and he wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING on the social issues as VP. Therefore, it wouldn't really matter.

Therefore, in conclusion, if Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flop Romney is the nominee, I can't vote on November 6th.

AmPat
03-14-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm sorry, Apocalypse. But I agree with your friend. I can not possibly vote for a flip-flopper who made a passionate argument for abortion, when he was running against Ted Kennedy in Massachusetts, and then donated personal funds to Planned Parenthood, the LARGEST abortion provider in the entire NATION.

You did get it right that Mike Huckabee would be the best VP pick for a flip-flopper like Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flop Romney. But what role would Huckabee have on the campaign trail, and in a "Romney" administration?? The point is that Mr. Flip would silence Huckabee, assuming he was the "pick", and he wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING on the social issues as VP. Therefore, it wouldn't really matter.

Therefore, in conclusion, if Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flop Romney is the nominee, I can't vote on November 6th.

Let me know how that proud bird chest you're poking out feels when you have another four years of O Blah Blah.

I really think you need to take every argument you have against Romney and calmly write them down in a column. Then, beside each of those points, write O Blah Blah's stated and actual position of the same. You may actually learn something before it is too late.

Regrets are eternal Mike. If many people are like you and we get another four years of this turd, you WILL be directly responsible for his second term. I suggest you put aside your foolish pride and emotionalism, and use that soft gray matter inside your skull.

There comes a time where to win a war, you yield ground. A winner thinks strategically with logic. Losers may win the battle, but they risk the entire war.

Zathras
03-14-2012, 02:36 AM

The bolded part is what you really want in the first place, being a faux conservative and all.

mike128
03-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Let me know how that proud bird chest you're poking out feels when you have another four years of O Blah Blah.

I really think you need to take every argument you have against Romney and calmly write them down in a column. Then, beside each of those points, write O Blah Blah's stated and actual position of the same. You may actually learn something before it is too late.

Regrets are eternal Mike. If many people are like you and we get another four years of this turd, you WILL be directly responsible for his second term. I suggest you put aside your foolish pride and emotionalism, and use that soft gray matter inside your skull.

There comes a time where to win a war, you yield ground. A winner thinks strategically with logic. Losers may win the battle, but they risk the entire war.
The LAST thing I want is another 4 years of that fraud in the White House. But the OTHER thing I'm pissed off about is the 'establishment' Republicans forcing mushy 'moderates' (liberals) down our throats who stand for nothing, while telling us we have to vote for their liberal candidates, because the alternative is worse, and we have "nowhere else to go".

The 2010 election was clearly a revolt against this. 'Establishment' candidates lost local and statewide primaries across the country and the conservatives who beat them went on to win the general election. I'm not about to go back to the 'establishment' telling me to suck it up and pull the lever for their liberal candidates.

In other words, it's not me who needs to change, it's the Republican 'establishmemt'.

Odysseus
03-15-2012, 08:56 AM
In other words, it's not me who needs to change, it's the Republican 'establishmemt'.

Oh, well, as long as it's something easy like changing the Republican establishment instead of you. :rolleyes:

Elspeth
03-15-2012, 10:57 PM
If there is a brokered convention, will a dark horse candidate (like Jeb Bush) emerge?

I have to say that I never expected Santorum to get this far. I thought the Dems and the Establishment GOP would target him, like they did to all the others. He must be squeaky clean or something would have shown up by now.

I think all the predictions about Romney eventually scooping up enough delegates is wrong. I think that Santorum has the momentum.

Edited to add: Oh, BTW, Santorum's dad was born in Italy and his mom was Italian and Irish descent. That would make Santorum the first Italian-American President.

Santorum was born in Winchester Virginia. (Isn't that where the atheists set up that skeletal Santa Claus?)

Apocalypse
03-15-2012, 11:44 PM
If there is a brokered convention, will a dark horse candidate (like Jeb Bush) emerge?

No. Jeb couldn't win it that way.

Why a Brokered Convention Will Pick Romney Earlier today I was complaining about Gingrich's ego and Santorum's tiny little hands and in a comment someone mentioned something about if the current trend continued then Romney wouldn't be able to garner the "magic number" of 1144 delegates.

The point being, I think, that in a brokered convention Santorum or Gingrich could get the unpledged delegates to come over to their side and thus a path to victory for one of them.

Here's the problem with that: 463

Why is the number 463 significant? That's the number of unpledged delegates going to the convention this year. The problem with that path to victory is that these 463 "unpledged delegates" are generally elected officials and party activists. Of those 463, 340 are "soft pledges" and 123 of them are members of the RNC.

That is, most of these 463 "unpledged delegates" are actually pledged. Right now Romney has most of their votes. Of the rest, these are the same people who have been backing Romney from the get go. They are the establishment.

Of these 123 truly unpledged delegates (who are the equivalent of the DNC's "Superdelegates") 33 have already said they are supporting Mitt Romney.

Gingrich, Santorum, and Paul combined have only managed to garner support from 7 of them. That's not a trend which bodes well for Santorum or Gingrich in their now hoped for "brokered convention" scenario.

Now, if I have my political "narrative" right: Romney is the "establishment" candidate, and Santorum and Gingrich are the anti-establishment candidates.

Odd, I know, given that one is a twice elected US Senator and the other is the former Speaker of the House, but that's the narrative I'm hearing.

Why would the establishment jump ship and join ranks with the anti-establishment candidate(s)?

Especially if and when Romney has the most delegates? Even if Gingrich backs out, what's the argument from Santorum that the guy with less votes should be nominated over the guy with more votes?

Mathematically there is no path to victory for Gingrich. He's finished. He's now just a spoiler candidate.

And the pathway to victory for Santorum makes assumptions about which way unpledged delegates will go that just don't seem reasonable.

Unless Gingrich gets out NOW and throws all of his delegates behind Santorum, then there's really no way that either of them can win -- even in a brokered convention -- short of a dead hooker being found in the trunk of Romney's car.

Okay, so a brokered convention is more likely today than it was yesterday. But given that in a brokered convention Romney is still likely to win, then what's the point?

m00
03-16-2012, 01:04 AM

Just wondering, got a link for the source on the "why romney will win a brokered convention?"

Apocalypse
03-16-2012, 01:12 AM
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/211506.php

Elspeth
03-16-2012, 01:15 AM

Any way he could?

Apocalypse
03-16-2012, 01:19 AM
Any way he could?

Dead Hooker in Mitts trunk, Gingrich suffers a stroke, and Santorum is exposed as two midgets in a pants suit.

Another ways of putting it, no way possible unless all three drop out, or are forced out.

m00
03-16-2012, 01:27 AM
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/211506.php

As I recall, if voting fails to produce a winner then they unbind the pledged delegates. Meaning anybody can vote for anybody. So yes, someone other than Romney can win even if the RNC members hold their ground.

Besides, have the delegates from as far back as Iowa and New Hampshire even been chosen yet? Just looked up Iowa, they don't *actually* elect their national delegates until June 16th. I'm not sure if any of the caucus states have actually completed their delegate selection process yet.

See, this is the worst form of media push-polling. Nobody knows how many delegates anybody will have at this stage. But the media has their "projected delegates" they try and pass off as fact, which means making up a number that conveniently suits their narrative.

mike128
03-16-2012, 11:42 AM
See, this is the worst form of media push-polling. Nobody knows how many delegates anybody will have at this stage. But the media has their "projected delegates" they try and pass off as fact, which means making up a number that conveniently suits their narrative.
Sarah Palin made a good point when she said, "The media wants Romney." It's true. The liberal media ignores the fact that some delegates can change their minds and go with another candidate.

SaintLouieWoman
03-16-2012, 12:44 PM

Their problem is that Santorum is confounding their view of what should be. Who would have thought that someone with virtually no organization and comparatively small funding would be winning so many states? It must kill them that the worst they can manufacture is that he and his wife brought their baby that had died back to their home town for burial.

It's tough to make up stuff about someone who is squeaky clean. He must have good genes. When they showed his mom on TV, I was shocked to hear that she is 93. She looked like someone in maybe her early 60's. Santorum still looks boyish. He'd have a better image for shallow voters than poor old McCain had going against Obama.

linda22003
03-16-2012, 12:58 PM
It must kill them that the worst they can manufacture is that he and his wife brought their baby that had died back to their home town for burial.

Well, they actually brought it HOME to "meet" its siblings. Not to everyone's taste, but if it worked for them.... eh.

noonwitch
03-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Sarah Palin made a good point when she said, "The media wants Romney." It's true. The liberal media ignores the fact that some delegates can change their minds and go with another candidate.

The media may want Romney but the democrats want Santorum.

AmPat
03-16-2012, 02:41 PM
The media may want Romney but the democrats want Santorum.

I don't think you are correct. The Media and the DIMs all want Romney because he has a huge achilles heel (Romney Care). I believe Romney can overcome it against the worst president in history, yet it is there.

Santorum has media-made Social issues that matter as much as the poop you flushed last week with respect to what is important this election.

Santorum can bring home the Real Conservatives against Romney. Romney cannot seal the deal in the Primary because the GOP is looking for somebody else (more Conservative). Nevertheless, if Romney comes out on top, he will get the votes in the general.

The GOP cannot win without the traditionally red states and Romney doesn't resonate with those voters.

hai
03-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Anyone see this?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/14/vigorous-santorum-crackdown-may-catch-internet-porn-viewers-with-pants-down/

F**k you Rick Santorum! Go to some commie country like North Korea or China. You'll fit at those countries with you wanting to trample over the US Constitution. The 1st Amendment of the US Constitution clearly states that "congress shall make no law restricting freedom of speech."

txradioguy
03-16-2012, 03:44 PM
The media may want Romney but America wants Santorum.

Fixed.

txradioguy
03-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Anyone see this?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/14/vigorous-santorum-crackdown-may-catch-internet-porn-viewers-with-pants-down/

F**k you Rick Santorum! Go to some commie country like North Korea or China. You'll fit at those countries with you wanting to trample over the US Constitution. The 1st Amendment of the US Constitution clearly states that "congress shall make no law restricting freedom of speech."

And yet you sit there trying to silence him and others that don't agree with your fucked up view of the world.

Eat a dick champ and bugger off.

hai
03-16-2012, 03:54 PM

The point is you can't legislate morality,Tipper Gore tried that in the 80's with the PMRC and warning stickers on albums,but that only made people record those songs off the radio.

Orwell got it wrong. It's not 1984,but 2012.

txradioguy
03-16-2012, 04:35 PM
The point is you can't legislate morality,Tipper Gore tried that in the 80's with the PMRC and warning stickers on albums,but that only made people record those songs off the radio.

Remind me again what political party Tipper and Al Gore are affiliated with?

WOuld that be the same people that are trying to regulate and legislate everything BUT morality?

Yeah...kinda flies over your head doesn't it kid?

Orwell got it wrong. It's not 1984,but 2012.

Orwell was a rabid anti Communist/Socialist.

He'd despise what Obama is doing...not Santorum you dolt.

hai
03-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Remind me again what political party Tipper and Al Gore are affiliated with?

WOuld that be the same people that are trying to regulate and legislate everything BUT morality?

Yeah...kinda flies over your head doesn't it kid?

Orwell was a rabid anti Communist/Socialist.

He'd despise what Obama is doing...not Santorum you dolt.

The politicians this year have been really stupid. First it was SOPA/PIPA,and now this. My head hurts.

MountainMan
03-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Anyone see this?

Though I disagree with Santorum on this, porn protection was never the intent of the first amendment. This comment by Rick shows his weakness which is he cant stop talking about social issues. This election needs to be about the economy. Nothing else matters.

As for you princess, take off your high heels, grab a sedative and head back to the lounge.

MountainMan
03-16-2012, 06:47 PM
The politicians this year have been really stupid. First it was SOPA/PIPA,and now this. My head hurts.

Well princess, stop doing tricks in the men's room.

JB
03-16-2012, 08:53 PM
F**k you Rick Santorum! Go to some commie country like North Korea or China. You'll fit at those countries with you wanting to trample over the US Constitution. The 1st Amendment of the US Constitution clearly states that "congress shall make no law restricting freedom of speech."Slow down there guitarhero.

If you read the article it states that Santorum is going to enforce already existing laws. That makes your outrage at Santorum displaced. The laws restricting your freedom of speech are already on the books in this instance. I believe you owe Mr. Santorum an apology.

SaintLouieWoman
03-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Slow down there guitarhero.

If you read the article it states that Santorum is going to enforce already existing laws. That makes your outrage at Santorum displaced. The laws restricting your freedom of speech are already on the books in this instance. I believe you owe Mr. Santorum an apology.

Thanks, JB, for clarifying it. I'm sure the ladies of The View will be ranting and raving about this Monday,

Funny, just opened my email and found this:

On Tuesday, voters in Alabama and Mississippi sent a clear message. Americans went to the polls and stood up for conservative values. By handing us two victories, they told us they want our campaign to take the next step.
You can help us do that -- and reaffirm your support for the campaign -- by making an online donation of $5, $25, $50, $100 or more right now (http://click.cmdiemail.com/?ju=fe2a17777662057f731273&ls=fde8117273620d7b711d7273&m=fe6615707164077b7012&l=fe8e107373650d7b71&s=fdf11571726c007b72157876&jb=ffcf14&t=).
Today only, we are going to send all online donors a special token of our appreciation. Donate $5 or more using this link before midnight Eastern time, and we will send you a campaign bumper sticker via mail. (http://click.cmdiemail.com/?ju=fe2a17777662057f731273&ls=fde8117273620d7b711d7273&m=fe6615707164077b7012&l=fe8e107373650d7b71&s=fdf11571726c007b72157876&jb=ffcf14&t=)
It's time conservatives take a stand. We don't need to accept what the mainstream media and establishment tell us to think. Tuesday night proved that.
This is now a two-man race. And I am convinced that whoever can activate grassroots conservatives will not only secure the nomination -- but will have the honor of defeating Barack Obama in the fall.
So, I need your help. (http://click.cmdiemail.com/?ju=fe2a17777662057f731273&ls=fde8117273620d7b711d7273&m=fe6615707164077b7012&l=fe8e107373650d7b71&s=fdf11571726c007b72157876&jb=ffcf14&t=)
I know you have followed the campaign to date and I also know you are a committed conservative.
Now it's time to invest in our campaign. We're facing some big challenges ahead. And I need your help.
Make an online donation to the campaign of $5, $25, $50, $100 or more right now. (http://click.cmdiemail.com/?ju=fe2917777662057f731274&ls=fde8117273620d7b711d7273&m=fe6615707164077b7012&l=fe8e107373650d7b71&s=fdf11571726c007b72157876&jb=ffcf14&t=) And I will make sure you receive an official campaign bumper sticker for your car, RV, home or office.
But remember, you must donate by midnight in order to receive your sticker (http://click.cmdiemail.com/?ju=fe2a17777662057f731273&ls=fde8117273620d7b711d7273&m=fe6615707164077b7012&l=fe8e107373650d7b71&s=fdf11571726c007b72157876&jb=ffcf14&t=).
Please visit our special donation page right now to make your contribution of $5, $25, $50, $100 or more. (http://click.cmdiemail.com/?ju=fe2a17777662057f731273&ls=fde8117273620d7b711d7273&m=fe6615707164077b7012&l=fe8e107373650d7b71&s=fdf11571726c007b72157876&jb=ffcf14&t=) Your sticker will be in the mail to you promptly.
With your help, we will secure the nomination, and prevail in the general election in November.

I'm the last of the big spenders, shot off $5 so can get my bumper sticker. I had already contributed and was going to wait, but the lure of a trinket extracted the big $5. :biggrin-new:

Zathras
03-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Anyone see this?

What's the matter...you worried that this will remove the only way for you have for sex? Lord knows I can't imagine anyone having anything to do with you, male or female, intimately...or any other way for that matter. :vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

hai
03-16-2012, 10:16 PM
What's the matter...you worried that this will remove the only way for you have for sex? Lord knows I can't imagine anyone having anything to do with you, male or female, intimately...or any other way for that matter. :vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

People on here hate him as well.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1526825

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/images/smilies/finger.gif

AmPat
03-16-2012, 10:49 PM

The goal is getting rid of the Maexist In Chief. Santorum's social opinions are insignificant.

Zathras
03-17-2012, 12:01 AM

And? I'm supposed to care what some wannabe rockers with no talent think? They're all loser Obama supporters anyway....in fact losers just like you.

Oh, and nice gif...that's something an 11 year old would use...just like those pony pictures you're so fond of. Are you sure you're 34?

hai
03-17-2012, 12:30 AM
And? I'm supposed to care what some wannabe rockers with no talent think? They're all loser Obama supporters anyway....in fact losers just like you.

Oh, and nice gif...that's something an 11 year old would use...just like those pony pictures you're so fond of. Are you sure you're 34?

other people on the site use the image.

And i guess you listen to that lady gaga crap,or Justin Bieber,or Ke$ha.

If you think that guitarists are no talent,then let's see you try to do a sweep at 400 BPM with tremolo picking,or play the first measure of Buddy Holly's "That will be the day" a song so difficult even Paul McCartney couldn't transcribe it by ear.

Janice
03-17-2012, 12:35 AM
Funny, just opened my email and found this:

.... shot off $5 so can get my bumper sticker. I had already contributed and was going to wait, but the lure of a trinket extracted the big $5. :biggrin-new:

Darn, missed that one.

Zathras
03-17-2012, 01:28 AM
other people on the site use the image.

And? Still doesn't change the fact that it's something an 11 year old would use.

And i guess you listen to that lady gaga crap,or Justin Bieber,or Ke$ha..

Heh heh, you wish...the only way I listen to their so-called music is when it's parodied by Wierd Al. I'm more of a classic rock fan....KISS, Pink Floyd, Scorpions...that sort of thing.

If you think that guitarists are no talent,then let's see you try to do a sweep at 400 BPM with tremolo picking,or play the first measure of Buddy Holly's "That will be the day" a song so difficult even Paul McCartney couldn't transcribe it by ear.

Not all guitarists are no talent, just the losers that hang out at that lame ass forum you linked.

hai
03-17-2012, 01:37 AM
And? Still doesn't change the fact that it's something an 11 year old would use.

Heh heh, you wish...the only way I listen to their so-called music is when it's parodied by Wierd Al. I'm more of a classic rock fan....KISS, Pink Floyd, Scorpions...that sort of thing.

Not all guitarists are no talent, just the losers that hang out at that lame ass forum you linked.

I'm on other guitar forums too,like one called metalguitarist,and such.

http://metalguitarist.org/

The Scorpions? Man,i like them too.

Zathras
03-17-2012, 01:44 AM
I'm on other guitar forums too,like one called metalguitarist,and such.

http://metalguitarist.org/

The Scorpions? Man,i like them too.

Have you heard the "Moments of Glory" CD? I saw them perform it live with the San Jose Symphony Orcestra in San Francisco at the Cow Palace (Don't laugh, it's a real place).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE8InAPdycs

hai
03-17-2012, 01:47 AM
Have you heard the "Moments of Glory" CD? I saw them perform it live with the San Jose Symphony Orcestra in San Francisco at the Cow Palace (Don't laugh, it's a real place).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE8InAPdycs

I have seen some of their stuff on Youtube. I remember the 80's ,early 90's when rock/heavy metal was all over radio,and television and had very little pop,rap music back in those days. Back in those days the only way to see nonstop rap back in 1990 was on BET.

Kay
03-17-2012, 01:57 AM
Well, they actually brought it HOME to "meet" its siblings. Not to everyone's taste, but if it worked for them.... eh.

This is something I just can't get past. I was in their shoes, I also had a stillborn baby. There was a small funeral with just family and a couple of very close friends. The thought of taking the dead body home for a while with me is just way too creepy and morbid and something I would have punched my husband out for if he'd even suggesting such a thing. I agree it was a good thing to let their other children be involved in seeing the body and understanding what had happened, but it would have been a bit more normal to have taken them in for a private family viewing at the funeral home.

This comment by Rick shows his weakness which is he cant stop talking about social issues.
This election needs to be about the economy. Nothing else matters.

Exactly right.

The goal is getting rid of the Maexist In Chief.
Santorum's social opinions are insignificant.

Yeah, but I am also looking past that goal at the day after we boot the Kenyan out of our house. Look beyond election day to when the new president is in the drivers seat. Who is going to be the best person, Rick or Mitt, to run this country like a business and get it back on track and profitable again. Rick is a good person and a godly man and all that. You might rather have him for a next door neighbor that Mitt. But nice and squeaky clean is not what we need right now. We need someone like Mitt who has the business focus and sense to turn things around without trying to save our souls and preach to us at the same time.

This is a job application and we've been interviewing the applicants for some time now. It's down to the top two applicants. You can't let a personal bias based on religion, age, family life, home state, looks, etc sway or cloud your judgement. You have to look at the job description, and then decide which of the two applicants has the best qualifications and experience to fill the job.

Here's a homework assignment. Given the situation this country is in write out on paper a job description and a help wanted ad you'd run if you were the USA HR director. Then honestly look at the resume of both men and decide who is most qualified and experienced to fill the job. I want a sharp businessman with turn around experience who can get us out of debt and back in the black. Mitt is the one I'd hire.

AmPat
03-17-2012, 10:38 AM
it would have been a bit more normal to have taken them in for a private family viewing at the funeral home.
Normal? Yes. Creepy? Maybe. Unheard of? No. This used to be the way it was handled and the funeral home if used was used after the family was done for final disposition of the body.

We need someone like Mitt who has the business focus and sense to turn things around without trying to save our souls and preach to us at the same time.
This sounds a bit extreme and I believe Rick would see his personal religious views as unproductive. As for preaching, I believe most of this is pre-election media attacks and Rick needs a good team around him to counter this crap.

This is a job application and we've been interviewing the applicants for some time now. It's down to the top two applicants. You can't let a personal bias based on religion, age, family life, home state, looks, etc sway or cloud your judgement.None of that clouds my judgement. I see Rick as more honest than Slick Romney. That alone is reason enough to support him over Romney who cannot stand on principle.

You have to look at the job description, and then decide which of the two applicants has the best qualifications and experience to fill the job.
Or look at character traits that are a non starter, kind of like the way you are looking at Santorum.

Here's a homework assignment. Given the situation this country is in write out on paper a job description and a help wanted ad you'd run if you were the USA HR director. Then honestly look at the resume of both men and decide who is most qualified and experienced to fill the job. I want a sharp businessman with turn around experience who can get us out of debt and back in the black. Mitt is the one I'd hire.
OK, I finished. I looked at both resumes and concluded that Romney looks good but was only filling in the blanks with what HE thought I wanted to read. He also appeared to copy off of several other applicants on matters of true Conservatism. He apparently didnt grasp the concept well enough to "sell" me that he was the man for the job.
Sure, he has the ability to get the job done while I am watching, but he doesn't seem to posess the character traits that give me the comfort that he will run the business the way the rule book (Constitution) demands.

I've concluded that I'm not sold on either of the two applicants, but I need to fire the present job holder for negligence and for running the business against the rules and against MY desires. So, I decided that since I'm firing the present employee for his lack of Character and failure to understand or obey the rules, that I'd rather have a person that can at least possess those qualities and hope that he has enough sense to appoint quality people to help turn the business around.

Kay
03-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Good points good points all. I know I'm in the minority here for
picking Mittens over Rick. I'm not avidly out campaigning for
him and to be honest I'm not even following the campaign news
as much these days as far as the primary goes. It's clearly down
to either Mitt or Rick and I will be fully behind whichever ends
up getting the nomination. But of the two I'll be voting for Mitt.