PDA

View Full Version : Zambrano No-hitter, now Lilly?

ralph wiggum
09-15-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm probably jinxing it, but Ted Lilly is following up the no-hitter by the Cubs' Carlos Zambrano by having a no-hitter of his own through 6 innings.

Lager
09-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Wow, the Cubs could be peaking at just the right time. Wonder if back to back no hitters have happened before?

JB
09-15-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm probably jinxing it, but Ted Lilly is following up the no-hitter by the Cubs' Carlos Zambrano by having a no-hitter of his own through 6 innings.Have you lost your mind? You don't talk about it. Not directly anyway.

He gave up a hit in the seventh.

Additionally, as much as I want to see Houston lose because they're in the hunt...they are being robbed with this nonsense. Making them travel to Milwaukee to play and arriving on short notice was bush league.

ralph wiggum
09-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Wow, the Cubs could be peaking at just the right time. Wonder if back to back no hitters have happened before?

Well, I did jinx it, so there won't be back to back no-hitters today. Cubs still lead 6-0.

And I just heard that the Brewers fired their manager. :confused: :confused:

JB
09-15-2008, 04:22 PM
And I just heard that the Brewers fired their manager. :confused: :confused:No shit? In the middle of a race. Damn. They're still tied for the wild card spot. Granted my Phils put a beating on them in a four-game sweep but I never would have guessed they'd fire him.

Yost is gone (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AtNBR1lgqjcpRaiqyCeNbKsRvLYF?slug=ap-brewers-yostfired&prov=ap&type=lgns)